(See All?) Announcements
585 Users Online
Google, Bing, Sophrosnia, Finley

oh, oh, should have known better — Jasper Rocks 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 53 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Oisin

Oisin didn't know what had been done with the girl's body and maybe that's why he was here asking such questions. Then again he said something about his brother's so perhaps they were here too. Even while they conversed she hadn't forgotten about the weird monument in the background that must have meant something more than just coincidence for the masked Lyall. So she opted to stare at it from her position crouched against the earth. Dirty yellow eyes taking in all of its oddness and perhaps symbolic meaning.

Yet Rook's voice pulled her back to him. So carefully she crept forward at his question, closing the distance that had been between them. If she was allowed she would gently place her head against his hip before explaining. It was all so awful to remember and she wanted them both to have a shoulder to cry on.

"I don't know the whole deal but it was..." Her voice trailed off unsure how she wanted to put it. "Bad." It was worse than bad but she wanted to spare him all the awful details. "She'll be better now. My papa told me there's a better place than here where bad things don't happen." That that had been where her Mama had gone. That was now where the mysterious dead girl had gone to. "She's safe now and things like that won't happen to her again." Oisin's voice had grown to a soft whisper as she explained.

[Image: oisin_sig_by_becuffin-db825sv.png]
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
She didn't know - or she didn't want to tell him - and Rook just audibly sighed. He wasn't going to hold it against her. Really, he should have been there (but, then again, there was that thing - called a family - that he had with Amaryllis that kept his mind and physical self elsewhere). He listened attentively, surprised when she leaned her head against his flank. He stared down at her with a slight half-smile, perfectly fine with her touch; Oisin was right. Ophelia would be better now. She would find her Ancestors, she would have Rook's brothers (possibly) to guide her and to play with in the world beyond this one.

"Never again," he concurred, looking to the right and past the two towering cedars and boulders now. "She is safe."

Something inside Rook's chest stirred, the understanding of being a father awakening at long last. If anyone dared to so much as even look menacingly at his children, his pack mates, his family, he was going to protect them. He wouldn't just love them, he would protect them.. He was going to physically be there for them as often as he was able. Even Oisin, who had just showed her some of her colors, he was willing to fight tooth and nail for. He might not have had Tomen or Quil of his parents or his three adopted cubs, but he had her... he had Veho and he had Amaryllis and the rest of the wolves who aligned themselves as Grizzly Hollow wolves.

"This will pass," he affirmed, his voice hushed once more, pretty certain now that his daughter had been laid to rest beneath the stones. "Maybe we'll find out if she's okay soon. The forest is too quiet; my brothers might even be out looking for her." As gingerly and as tenderly as he could manage, he leaned over as much as he could to touch her ear with his nose, gently combing his teeth over the back of it before slowly getting up. "Come on." The weight in his chest was still there, and he was positive that she, too, felt the same. Perhaps it was time for them to do something else other than wait in the meantime, "Would you like to collect bark with me? Or... maybe some other things? I thought I might bring her some lavender sprigs and maybe bring Veho some fresh cedar bark for the main den."

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.