(See All?) Announcements
438 Users Online
Google, Bing

owner of a lonely heart — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 545 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Backdated before Ruiko met Aeylen but saw Ranger.

His mind was in a moment of dismantle, a flash of the swarthy female’s lanky figure and haunting tears did little to tug at the heartstrings of the cold male now, yet they did stir a resentment. It seemed unbelievable to the Tainn that after the length of time she had stayed gone from her abandonment of them both, Ranger had seen it fit to once more sashay her way back into Relic Lore. As if forgiveness and the ability to rekindle past emotions was a possibility.

The hefty male’s figure shifted upon the flat rock he now rested on. One creamy paw dangled in the icy waters of the river as the grey afternoon grew later. Sulking was not a word he considered to be in his vocabulary, but at the moment it certainly seemed to be within his actions.

As defeated as he had been by Ranger’s previous departure, the regal wolf refused to allow her sudden presence to derail him completely once again. Pushing the rogue from his mind, the tawny male considered the possible territories he had been scanning, finding himself only more desperate to leave Swift River and forge the path he had previously set himself on a year ago.
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>Ranger's reappearance had a rather different effect on Kinis, who had adored her, if not as much nor in the same way as Ruiko. Instead of anger, he felt fear. Ranger's obvious weakness, coupled with her desire to see Ruiko and Kinis' own advice against it all cumulated into a deep worry for her. What was to become of her? What if she did come across Ruiko, a man scorned? Kinis could not even begin to imagine the horrors of standing in his brother's black book. Ranger must have held at least a similar opinion of him as Kinis... and now, for everything to be so opposite. The boy found himself torn between the memory of love for her, and devotion to his brother.

It wasn't really a contest; Ruiko won easily. But Ranger's plight did not fade quickly from his heart.

<font style='margin-left:20px;'><b>"Afternoon,"</b> he called, spotting Ruiko's form beside the river. Had Ruiko not been a frequent topic for thought, he may have considered the coincidence of coming across his now, just when he was unintentionally haunting Kinis' mind.

Padding closer, immediately seeing and sensing Ruiko's tension, Kinis' ears perked forwards and he swallowed his concerns, aiming for a more casual approach. <b>"Waiting for a bite?"</b> he smiled faintly, glancing at Ruiko's paw brushing the water, rubbing his nose against his leader's side before stepping back to give Ruiko room, in case he needed it. Why would he be so broody? This was an exciting time - surely he was bursting with the eagerness to get going? Surely he did not have any reservations?</font></blockquote>
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
His distangled and unwelcome thoughts were gratefully interrupted by a familiar voice, and lifting his muzzle slightly, Ruiko cast his bright golden eyes upon the youthful form of Kinis. Kinis’ question stirred a brief smirk to form upon the corners of the wolf’s tainted lips, and Ruiko returned the greeting with an affectionate bump of his muzzle to the yearling’s cheek.

“If the opportunity rises,” he rumbled in return, though the words only meant in casual jest. Truth be told fish had once been a favorite among his food, a rare treat when the pack had inhabited the Wildwood. Now, the once delicacy to the wolf had become plain.. undesirable. Perhaps though, such thoughts were simply the current lackluster of his life shining through.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>Pleased that Ruiko was not too forlorn to jest or return his greeting, Kinis relaxed some, sitting next to his brother's rock. For a moment, the quiet companionship was satisfying enough, but he burned with the desire to know what was wrong. Still, he was reluctant to just ask; honesty was valuable, but so was tact.

<b>"Better enjoy the fish while we can, eh?"</b> he said, sure that Ruiko would see through the ruse. Kinis couldn't be sure that their destination wouldn't provide the opportunity of fishing, but at this point he was just concerned that Ruiko was having any kind of second thoughts. When his mind was so preoccupied with little other than their future, it was only natural for his anxiety to jump to such conclusions, unlikely as they were.</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
A sardonic snort escaped the male’s jowls at Kinis’ playful words, and Ruiko cast the youth a small wink in return, both knowing the supply of fish was the last thing here they would miss. Sliding to the silence momentarily, the large wolf simply enjoyed the companionship his brother offered. It was an easy relationship between the two – the hardships they had been through together through the entirety of KInis’ life had only strengthened their bond, and Ruiko considered no other wolf his closer companion than the yearling beside him.

“What do you see when you think of our new home?” The question was not so random. Ruiko had a list he planned to fulfill when claiming a territory, such as a sheltered den from dangers, and a land that offered a growing pack the resources it required. But what was it that Kinis desired? Did his brother long for the sheltered forest life? The rocky slopes of the mountains? A territory that offered the serene song of moving water? Perhaps not knowing was part of the excitement for the trio.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>The boy laughed softly at his brother's reaction, empathising too well. At least his good humour was not so badly affected by whatever was eating away at him. Still keen to hear some kind of confirmation that Ruiko was not having doubts about their departure, Kinis was satisfied - if surprised - by the question.

Coming from Ruiko, he made sure to contemplate it seriously, though in honesty he was not sure what to say. <b>"Somewhere far from here,"</b> he said quietly, smiling sidelong and knowingly at the larger wolf. <b>"Perhaps a body of water - but really, I don't know. So long as its safe and ours, I don't mind. Sorry to be of no use."</b> Had Ruiko been looking for suggestions, Kinis was sorry to disappoint, but perhaps it was enough to know that he was not fussy. <b>"You having trouble finding anywhere suitable?"</b></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
The first few words that slipped from his brother’s muzzle stirred a snort of amusement from the regal Tainn, his eyes casting deviously upon his younger brother. A year ago, Kinis had never been so brazen with his words, nor as impish. Now, the young male flourished in his youth, and Ruiko eagerly looked forward to the day when his younger brother fully entered the adult ranks. Would he become the Second to Ruiko? Or was he content to settle himself among the hierarchy in a place that he found comfortable?

The question only drew a small shrug to the male’s shoulders – in truth, when he thought of what their home would be, his imagination seemed to shut down. He could never envision it, and so he stopped thinking about it. “I think we’ll know it when we see it,” he clarified, revealing to his brother that he did not know where they would settle just yet.
(This post was last modified: Feb 05, 2012, 11:21 PM by Ruiko.)