(See All?) Announcements
556 Users Online
Google, Bing, Aven

buried in the shadows — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Was running really the best option for the river wolves—the wolves who managed to overcome every obstacle thrown in their path? It seemed cowardly, but staying… staying didn’t feel right either. The trees taunted him, looming overhead as they whispered horrific tales of the things they’ve seen. Tales that fuelled his sleepless nights and, when he did sleep, haunted his dreams. “They look to me, Val—to us. I’m supposed to have all the answers,” he grumbled out of reluctance to admit she was right, even though she was right. She was always right.

For the first time since he was a bumbling, stuttering yearling Lachesis wanted to curl up into a very small ball and disappear. The words had tumbled from his mouth without hesitation, but what they did not factor in was the immediate regret that bubbled within his chest. He was used to speaking freely around the blue-eyed sparrow but not this freely. Immediately his tongue fell slack, his chartreuse gaze quickly averting her pools of sapphire as he attempted to focus on anything but her. Her words were comforting, yes, but he did not know if she spoke them out of pity. Or if there was truth behind him.

Sure, they shared plenty of moments together, seeking comfort in each others company—hell, they had children together. But his anxiety refused to believe it was anything but platonic.

Deep down he knew it wasn’t. Or, at least, he hoped it wasn’t.

I really like you too… He blinked, his brows pinching together as he turned to her, finally meeting the blue stones that had the power of soothing his troubled thoughts. Even if the wolf behind him was one of the reasons behind his inner turmoil. “You sure?” He asked instinctively, his lips falling into a soft frown. Wait. Wrong thing to say. “You do? I mean—I-I, uh… good. Smooth.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Tasha (Inactive) who has 328 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

He grumbled back at her and she gave him a look with narrowed and questioning eyes, as if asking if he really thought that was true. “A leader doesn’t tell others what to do… a dictator does. A leader does what is best for the pack as a whole… and how can you know what’s best if you don’t ask them?” She knew he already knew her point, but it was better to restate it now than have to explain herself later, in case he ever forgot. She loved him – she hadn’t said it out loud, because she was terrified to. He was her best friend, and they had children together but she felt as if she said that word, she’d lose him forever.

So she held it in… until he brought up the similar topic and the words came tumbling out, though not directly… more of in the same manner he’d said them and she nodded with a soft laugh when he asked if she was sure. “I’m positive.” She stated again. The way he could go from so composed to so awkward in five seconds flat… the way he could persevere despite the pain that life caused him almost constantly. “I love you, Lach.” She whispered, her words so soft she wasn’t sure if he actually heard her, almost afraid to see his reaction because, like him… a part of her feared he saw her in only a platonic way… despite the three children they’d had, her paw scuffed at the ground, glancing at him before glancing at her paws, unsure of what to do or what was going to happen next.

[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

A dictator. That was something Lachesis never wanted to become. He always tried to be fair; listen to his packmates and give them the benefit of the doubt. But he was beginning to wonder whether or not it was biting him in the tail. Was he too fair; too lenient?

“I suppose you’re right,” he mumbled once more, this time wearing a cheeky grin, although he averted her gaze once more. He knew he was right and that he would have to summon the river wolves for a meeting. To seek their opinion and, ultimately, do what was right for them. It did not matter how he felt or what he thought. They were a family—the decision would be a group one, not his.

His heart thrummed in his chest, nearly drowning out her words as she spoke once more. So she liked him. Okay. He inhaled slowly as he struggled to regain control of his thoughts, his ears pressed flat against his pale crown. The sparrow was not like the other females who had come and gone, infatuating him only to leave him shortly after confessing their feelings. She promised she would stay, no matter what, and he believed her. The ghost trusted her more than he trusted himself and he could not imagine life in Hearthwood—or anywhere—without her by his side.

His chest hurt. More specifically his heart.

His head hurt.

Why was love so painful?

He was so wrapped up in his own head that he nearly missed the whisper to fall from her lips. The corners of his mouth twitched, his brows lifting in shock. “Y-You do?” Again, not the right thing to say. But Lachesis had never felt this way about another before. And feeling that passionately about someone made the words jumble up inside his skull and fumble their way off his tongue. “Shit, sorry,” he cursed, his cheeks flushing warm beneath his pale fur. “I love you, Val. I’ve known it since you came to my den to stop your nightmares. I j-ju—,” he stuttered, the corners of his mouth falling, “—just never knew how to tell you.” He pressed his nose to her cheek, seeking comfort within the small gesture.

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

Her heart ached, and it leapt while her stomach did somersaults and she tried to place everything she was feeling where it was supposed to go. She nodded, not saying anything when he asked if she did, complete shock surrounding his features. She didn’t say anything else because there was nothing else to say – she loved him and it really was as simple as that. She couldn’t help but let out a soft chortle as she gently licked his cheek. Seeing him so shy was strange to her – she had never known him as a teen, hadn’t known what he was like back then – she only knew him for who he was now.

And then he said it back, and her grin grew, her eyes closing as he pressed his nose to her cheek and she offered her own explanation. “Ah don’t know when Ah realized it… jus’ woke up one day n’realized I couldn’t live without ya.” She murmured as she looked to meet his eyes. “Be mine, Lach..? Ferever…” She asked softly as she looked at him, figuring if she was going to put it all out there, then she was going to literally put it all out there, ‘til death do they part if he’d have her. “We’re definitely not conventional… n’Ah think we might’ve done things a little backwards…” She was, of course, referencing having children before professing their love. “But m’pretty sure that perfectly describes us.”

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Immediately upon confessing their love for each other Lachesis could not help but fear for the worst. On two separate occasions he had shared his feelings with another and they vanished shortly after. No explanation, no ‘it’s just not working out’. Nothing. He knew that he and the sparrow had children together, so their situation differed, but the worry was still there. He was the king of worry, after all—and she was the queen; his queen.

But she could still leave.

He frowned. It was difficult remaining positive when the past was filled with failed attempts at happiness.

His ears twitched as she spoke, his peridots falling to meet her sapphire gaze before offering her a small nod in response, his voice caught in his throat. “You already know the answer to that,” he murmured in response as he offered her a coy smile, his shoulder pressed to hers. A small laugh escaped him at her next set of words. They had gotten the order a little mixed up but Lachesis would not have it any other way. They certainly were not a conventional couple and he was okay with that. More than okay. He could not imagine spending another day without her at his side. XIX knew that they were in it for the long haul—otherwise it would not have taken them nearly a year to confess their love for each other. “I think you’re right,” he hummed as he leaned into her, not wanting the moment between them to end.

At least they had found a little light in the darkness that shrouded the Kingswood after the death of the matriarch. Guilt threatened to gnaw at his insides once more, but he swallowed it quickly. Kisla would have wanted them to be happy. 

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

There perhaps was a part of Lilya that thought she might need to feel guilty, because of the Queen’s passing, because of the moment in time she chose to let her heart speak rather than her mind… but, at the same time, these feelings weren’t new and with everything that had happened, she needed something to cling to even more, like her feelings, like him. They all needed to cope, herself included, and all of them needed an outlet to grieve. Her responsibilities fell under burying herself in her work, or keeping an eye on her daughters. Really, it was anything to keep her busy.

She held onto the moment for all it was worth… but then the quirky voice in the distance, the sound of funky fresh rhythms, drew her from their moment with a soft chuckle and a small groan in protest because she didn’t like the reality. There was the girl she’d been looking for to begin with. “Duty calls… Ah think Lil’ Lil is at it again.” She murmured as she offered him a soft nudge to the neck. “M’gonna go check on ‘er if ya wanna come.” She offered as she let her tongue run gently against his cheek.

-Fade-