689 Users Online
Google, Bing

Angry Momster — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
For @Askan and  @Reyes only

After she ensured that the Hearthwood River wolves would not be returning for round two, Jessie mentioned for the boys to follow her, tail lashing out angrily in the process. The monochrome lady whisked her way into the territory and towards a place she assumed no one would dare bother them – Askan and Reyes’ den area. Jessie was being honest when she mentioned that she didn’t make a habit of embarrassing her subordinates in front of others. The Tainn had walked into the area once, on accident, but assumed that most of the members stayed clear of the area because it was a private place for the two men to be together. She didn’t mind it. Who was she to deny that they cared for one another? In fact, they were doing her a favor. Jessie wouldn’t have to worry about either one of them hitting up anyone else in the pack.

When she finally arrived at their destination, the Rye Queen whirled around, her voice cold but eyes blazing like a fire, “What the hell were the two of you thinking?” An almost severed alliance. No no NO, that was not something that happened to Jessie Tainn. Especially not because her two idiot children for subordinates couldn’t keep their mouths shut during diplomatic relations. Her jaw quivered, an offering to almost tell them what she really wanted to say, but Drestig wasn’t here to filter her blunt thoughts and the pepper-and-salt colored woman had the mind to keep her mouth shut until she heard what they had to say.

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Skulking behind the Rye Queen as she led them away from the border, Askan cast a pensive look or two in Reyes' direction. What the hell were they gonna say and or do? This sucked. It had been a long time since he'd last been told off and the fact another lecture was imminent truly soured his mood. Like he'd been sprayed in the face by a skunk, or something equally as mortifying. 

Things were...tense between the two of them. Ever since Jessie had stumbled in on one of their many private moments Askan hadn't had the chance or guts to try and straighten things between them. What was he supposed to say? It wasn't-he didn't...What they had wasn't a bad thing,by no meaning of the word. These days though, it didn't feel so good. And it made Askan sad, and more pointedly, more pissy than usual.

Once Jessie was content with their location she turned on them and her words were harsh and worst of all they burned.

What was Askan supposed to say in response to a question like that?That he hadn't been thinking, that as always the filter between his mind and mouth was nonexistent? He gritted his teeth and cast his gaze downwards, his submission obvious. She was pissed and rightly so, but that didn't mean the Guardian felt as though he was entirely in the wrong. Nor was Reyes either...If he was telling the truth, which Askan wholeheartedly assumed he was. The Southerner was many things, but he didn't come across as a liar to him.

Tense or not, Askan wasn't going to throw his mate to the wolves, or rather wolf. Not now and not ever.

Gritting his teeth, Askan risked a quick glance up as he quickly searched for something to say. Anything that would at least make things a little better. Something was better than nothing,no?

"It's not our fault they were so pissy. Yeah, we could have had more tact but..."He'd ran out of steam was was grasping at straws. Shit. "Could have gone worse. Maybe?"

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

This was like the rank challenge all over again…except worse. Definitely worse. His attempt to replace the gamma wolf might have been ill-timed, but he hadn’t drawn blood and broken the rules of a challenge. Someone else had fucked up worse than he did. But this time, following after Jessie? There was no one else – there was Askan, but frankly, the older male wasn’t certain the second had actually committed the greater sin. Even if the Selwyn had, he was hardly about to throw the man under the bus…even if their relationship could only be described as rocky at the moment.

So where Askan responded with all the piss and vinegar he’d come to expect from the grumpy salt bin, Reyes simply stared forward, expression almost vacant as the Rye fields surrounding them. His ears flattened against his skull, tail held limply, and he just…sighed.

Sure, when Inna and Lorcan were at the borders, he was ten kinds of riled up – but that energy had been sapped out of him as if by magic. “Wasn’t,” he answered hoarsely. Honestly. There were no explanations, not really. He thought it was a good idea…and clearly, Jessie didn’t see it the same way. He wasn’t even sure if Askan did. So he left it there, and waited for the inevitable hell to rain down.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

It was silent for a moment as Jessie stared both of her subordinates down. Jessie was typically a quiet wolf, she enjoyed actions rather than words. Had her boys simply showed up at the borders during the meeting and been her muscle rather than trying to participate, whatever happened at the borders might have gone much smoother than it had been. Askan was the first to speak up – though it wasn’t a big surprise – and Jessie’s eyes gleamed at the man, fury in her emerald gaze. A cold laugh escaped her maw, her voice icy, “You have got to be kidding me? Could have gone worse? It’s not our fault?” Jessie finished with a hiss. Oh, if Drestig could see her now. And then Reyes’ voice broke some of Jessie’s resolve.

The Tainn woman took a deep breath and settled her deep emerald gaze on the dark man. Her grin was anything but kind, “You were always the smarter one, Reyes.” The Rye Queen’s tail lashed behind her irritably. She took a deep breath, her face relaxing into its neutral business-like faux, and voice calmer when she spoke, “You see, Askan, the problem is, you don’t take responsibility for your actions. You two do realize that our alliance was almost – and could still possibly be – at risk? Everything was fine until you cut in. And I realize there are some unresolved issues between Lorcan and it was unfortunate that he was here. But the Hearthwood wolves are family to me. Kisla just died and you both threw that in Inna and my face like it was nothing.” The Rye Queen swallowed. Her lip twitching involuntarily. It would do no good for her to get emotional during their sentencing.

Inhale, exhale. She opened her jaws, “I hope you two don’t take this lightly when I saw this, because I don’t say this to everyone, but I really like both of you. If I didn’t, I certainly wouldn’t allow you here after what just occurred on my borders.” Her cold gaze softened, if only a bit, “But I hope both of you realize that you do have to be disciplined, and I really hope that the two of you learn from this. I was a Scout in the pack that I served before founding Wild Rye Fields and diplomatic relations are very important to me.” She hoped this insight to her life would provide clarity to them as to why she was so upset.

(This post was last modified: Aug 18, 2017, 06:54 AM by Jessie.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan's jaw ticked at her words.

You were always the smarter one, Reyes.

After everything he had done for her, for her pack it seemed as though Jessie wasn't above putting him down. Just like everyone else. Every time he thought someone was different, it seemed as though they went out of his way to prove him different. It was like a slap to the face and it hurt. Why did he even bother? His intentions were always misinterpreted,his words twisted to be used against him. It was moments like this that made him wonder why he'd even accepted Drestig's offer in the first place.

Jessie went on and ripped him a new proverbial arsehole. He couldn't even stand to look at her, she made him feel sick. And it didn't help that Gabriel Reyes, Mr Sunshine man was beside him and could do no wrong in Jessie's eyes. He should have fucking known, things always ended like this, with him as a the bad guy and everyone else the saints.

The Rye Queen might have meant it as a compliment, but to Askan it was anything but. He didn't feel liked, wanted or loved.He felt like shit. The lowest of the low. Not exactly great for his already pretty low sense of self esteem.

"Okay. Got it."Was all Askan said, his voice unusually hollow and cold. Still, he refused to look at her eyes proper, but at least had the manners to spare her a quick glance. "Can I go?"He hesitated for a long,heavy moment and then added."Please?"

(This post was last modified: Aug 18, 2017, 03:58 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Why did she keep calling him the smarter one?

Maybe Jessie wasn’t that much like his Mama, after all. She never picked favorites. Even when the twins did something incredibly stupid, or he opened up his big mouth and sassed her when it would have been better to bite his pink tongue. Only part of the tongue lashing filtered through, Reyes staring, bristling as the first comment continued to poke and prod at embers he hadn’t realized were even still glowing deep in his chest.

How dare she.

Askan and Reyes might be having their problems, but there was no fucking need for her to speak to his mate like that.

Dark ears lowered against his skull and the scarred wolf pushed forward, tail and spine bristling as he firmly placed himself between the alpha and the beta male. There was no challenge towards Jessie – he didn’t want her rank, didn’t want to fight, but –

“Diplomacy doesn’t only extend outside the pack,” he growled softly, voice dropping to a hoarse whisper. “And it ain’t somethin’ your born with, either. Everything ain’t fine. We aren’t no damn mind readers – last I checked, neither were you, and I knew somethin’ you didn’t. Might not have used tact in sharin’ it, and that, I can realize.”

His tail lashed behind him like a whip, silver eyes hooded to narrow slits.

“But lemme tell you a thing, Jessie. Wolves don’t come an’ join packs ‘fer no good reasons. They do it for th’ wolves they live with. I understand I did wrong, throwin’ tinder on a flame. Punish me. But do not call him stupid again. What he did was stupid, but he ain’t.”

Diplomacy.

Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

She had not forgotten about her promise to Askan concerning how she would happily bump him to lowest should he step out of line again. But Jessie felt as though he hadn’t been that bad, well, until Reyes jumped into the picture, only making it worse and egging the dark man on. Truly, the thought had not even crossed her mind but Askan’s refusal to meet her eye until he bluntly asked to be dismissed stirred some deep monster inside of her and just as Jessie was about to tell him exactly what he could do. Reyes got quite close, and quite too close for the widowed Tainn’s comfort. Had Reyes been born with yellow-ish eyes instead of silver, Jessie would have certainly believed him to be someone else. She swallowed uncertainly before realizing in her mind that this was her subordinate talking to her that way.

Any kindness that might have softened Jessie was gone now, as she listened to what Reyes had to say. The monochrome woman’s jaw was set and her eyes were cold. The Tainn bit the side of her cheek to keep the anger that was boiling in the pit of her stomach at bay. He is certainly not smarter if he thinks he can speak to me like that. Her jaws parted and emerald eyes slid behind Reyes, towards Askan, “Yes, I admit that I misspoke. I shouldn’t take my anger out on you. I apologize,” and her voice was sincere. But then her eyes snapped back to Reyes, lip curling in what could have been disgust. Jessie knew what would have happened in Oak Tree Bend if she had spoken to any of her alphas like that. Her ass would have been out of the borders before she could blink. It had happened to Hotei. Her heart ached and Jessie finally realized why something she felt never seemed right towards Askan and Reyes. In certain ways, they reminded her of Hotei and herself.

Her lip relaxed and her eyes slid towards Askan again, emerald eyes narrowed in thought. If she kicked Reyes out of the pack, it would only hurt her Guardian (if he even chose to stay) and as much as she wanted to force herself not to care, Jessie knew that she would never be able to do that to the pair. The thought made her nauseous. Instead, she turned back to her gamma, licking her lips in final thought before continuing, voice cool, “You have every right to speak up about what you think is right and voice your opinions, Reyes, but don’t you ever speak to me that way again.” She snapped her jaws together for extra effect, though nowhere near close enough to the man’s muzzle to draw blood.

She let out a breath, drawing back from the man before continuing, “As for your punishments…” she trailed off, not having really thought about it. If she could, the Rye Queen would have kicked both of the males to Lowest, but that would not benefit the pack in any way. The last thing they needed was a shift in the ranks. So she tried to come up with the next best thing – busy work. It would certainly keep them away from one another. “Askan, I want you to increase your border patrols and now that Risaela’s here, I want you to keep an eye on her too, especially when I’m not around. Reyes, I want you to puppy-sit my children. Hell, get to know them better for all I care.” Her tail waved behind her, though there was an angry lash every now and again. She added on one last thing, “I’d also like one of both of you to remain in the main den, at least until Drestig gets back. Risaela and I are going to be staying in the old birthing den and I want someone to be looking after my children still.” It would be no good if something similar happened to Wild Rye Fields.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

It wasn't in Askan's nature to take an insult like that on the chin. But it was hard to deny the truth, especially when it was so glaring and in his face. He just wanted this encounter to be over and done with, so he could slink off and think about how much of a piece of shit he really was. That was punishment enough, or at least it seemed so in his eyes. But since when did things ever go his way? Never? Once in a blue moon? It was hard to tell, especially when he was plagued with such pessimism.

Reyes, on the other hand, clearly wasn't willing to let it slide. Even if he probably should have. Askan should have seen this coming-it was so Reyes- and yet, things were so... tumultuous, so just sort of assumed he would agree with the Rye Queen. After all, if it hadn't been for Askan's stupidty they wouldn't be in this damn situation in the first place!

Askan wanted to be mad at his mate for talking to their alpha like that, because come on, what sort of Guardian would tolerate such an utter and blatant display of disrespect? But as hard as he tried he just couldn't hate him for it. If anything, it felt as though his stupid heart was flip flopping in his chest. Who was he, a pathetic damsel who swooned at any and all displays of heroism? Of course not. But then if that was the case then why did he feel this way? Like he'd... like he'd- stupid sexy Reyes.

Gritting his teeth, Askan gave his mate a light shoulder bump as he stepped forward to stand at his side. He wasn't exactly sure what sentiment he was trying to convey-it's okay, thanks?- but he felt as though he had to acknowledge his efforts in some form or another.  Once that was all said and done, he-rather reluctantly-focused on the Rye Queen once more.

"It's okay." The damage had already been done, but refusing her apology would do more harm than good.

In all honesty, he was surprised that Jessie was so light on him for speaking to her like that. Askan half expected her to grab at his muzzle, but was endlessly relieved she didn't. Even after all this time, Reyes was still a loner at heart and so wouldn't take kindly to such a demeaning punishment.

That wasn't to say she let them off lightly. Oh no, anything but.

Askan was fine with the increased patrols, he nodded along eagerly, willing to do her bidding. But her other clause was not so well received. He hadn't slept in the main den in ages, months! Nor did he really have a desire to, there were too many legs and tails to watch out for, not to mention both he and Reyes appreciated their privacy. He could see it now, the pups clambering over them like they were mountains to conquer. And oh, did he grimace. He was cranky enough as it was these days, getting piss poor sleep wasn't going to make him feel any better.

But if this is what Jessie wanted then...So shall it be.

"Yeah okay...I meant what I said,as long as I'm breathing I'll do whatever so they're safe." A lot had changed since that conversation but his mind hadn't.

Inactive No Rank
Reyes

…he was so tired.

Ears remained flicked backwards, his tail still forcefully limp behind his hocks – and he stood, silver eyes not so much as blinking as sharp teeth clicked mere centimeters from his muzzle. He might not have blinked even if she’d grabbed his snout, adding to the collection of scars littering his face. Punish me. Isn’t that what he’d said? Reyes wasn’t no spineless bitch – he wasn’t going to back out now after he’d said what he said.

Askan drew up next to him, and the gamma took a step back, retreating from Jessie’s space. His head dropped down, the weight of everything settling against his spine – dios mio, he was so tired. And that wasn’t going to change anytime soon. Sleeping in the main den was going to be anything but restful…and given the recent run in with Jessie (before everything had gotten horribly chaotic), he wasn’t even sure if Askan would bunk up with him.

And, you know. Puppies. Puppies weren’t exactly good for rest either, but Reyes would deal with that as it came.

“Understood,” he rumbled quietly, brushing his shoulder back against Askan’s. God knew where they stood right now. But at least, right now, Askan Selwyn was still standing next to him.