648 Users Online
Google, Bing, Magg

Isn't she shy? — Antler Ring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

“Uhh….weeell?”

Shit. This was an unusual situation. The last wolf who’d actually offered to help Namir-- No…nope. She couldn’t think of anyone who’d offered to help. Her mother helped her, sometimes, but that was because Mama made her, and those were the strings attached when you made puppies. (Why it was a last resort. Why her alpha made sure Mama had chains to hold her down. Why Desideria warned her daughter so fiercely against ever tangling when men-folk when spring came and her mind would disappear for a moment and only spring warmth ruled.)

It stunned the younger loner into silence for a moment, a look of awe shimmering in her sunshine eyes as her tail continued to wave slowly behind her.

But with a meal and the information she’d been looking for all this time, what else could she even ask Annabird for? She had a full belly. She didn’t need a place to stay. And Annabird had a pack, so she couldn’t exactly come along as her and Buzzard moved back towards the Cove. (She didn’t think Annabird would really like what she had in mind for the Cove wolves, anyways, but…)

“What about yer name?” she asked, ears pricking forward. “Annabird’s nice an’ all, but I wanna come visit again, and how do I ask after ya if I ain’t got a name?”

[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Played by Alice who has 260 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn
Lenae didn't know what to expect, but never-not even for one moment- did she expect that Little Crow would want something as trivial as her name. And why not? It just dawned on her that she had never even gotten around to introducing herself properly. Seeing as the first time they had met had been rather dramatic it wasn't exactly her fault but... she couldn't help but feel a little bad.

She was right though, Annabird was such a pretty name, unbecoming of her really. Too good, much too good.

The urge to apologise again was almost too hard to resist. Even she was getting self conscious about the amount of times she'd said that dreaded s-word. She had to try better, to be braver! Smarter too whilst she was at it. Still, the fact that she had made a real, proper friend who wanted to see her again made all of trouble and strife seem worthwhile in the end.

Would she go leaping into the water again just in case Little Crow was nearby? Hell no, but she was thankful they had gotten here through the mutual desire to help one another. There weren't enough wolves like Crow in the world, wolves that good and kind and just...Fun to be around. Like lungful of air she hadn't known she'd needed.

"Oh! Len-" She clamped her mouth shut and scowled so hard her cheeks hurt. How did Askan manage to make this look so easy?  "Everly. Call me Everly. And what about you, is your name really Crow?" She asked, perhaps a little bit too fast to change the topic. Deceit had never been a skill of hers, nor would it ever really be.
[Image: 1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbtdg8v.png]
[Image: cwt.png]

Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

Len-- Everly. Lenerly? Leverly? Huh.

Little Crow kept her trap shut as the older female stumbled through her introduction. Maybe she’d just changed her name – or there was someone she was hiding from. Whatever it was, the little lone wolf could respect both of those reasons (and how hard it was, in the beginning), and pretended she didn’t noticed the awkward stumble. Her tail continued to wave slowly behind her and the wolf hummed, giving brief thought to whether or not she’d give up her birth name.

Nah.

It’s not like she ever really felt like a ‘Namir’ anyways. She was named after a wolf she never met, a wolf her Mama wanted to be like – wanted her to be like. And she was a Little Crow. That’s all she was.

“Yep. Jes’ Lil’ Crow,” she hummed, smile tipping her mouth upwards. “Was born into th’ Crow’s Crossin’ pack – Mama was omega, an’ my da was… Weeeell, his mate wasn’t so happy ‘bout him havin’ an extra litter an’ all, even if it was his right as alpha. An’ he wanted spares t’do his work. So I didn’ get a real name.” And this much was true, Orin’s mate had decided Desideria’s child didn’t deserve a real name. They just didn’t know the omega had given her daughter one in private in a incogitant, selfish act. Who cared what the girl would think, right? “So ‘m Crow. I like it, though. An’ yer Annabird. I jes’ know how t’look for ya, now.”

She hummed again. “But I better be goin’ now, anyways. I’ll see ya when I see ya, Annabird. 'ppreciate everythin'!”

[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Played by Alice who has 260 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn
Lenae wasn't entirely whether that really was her name, but it wasn't like she could-or even wanted- to kick up a fuss about it. If that's the name she wanted to go by then it was fine, it suited her anyway. Not because she seemed particularly crow like to Lenae but...It just did, when she said her name aloud it fit, seemed like it was meant to be.

The little Selwyn didn't expect Little Crow to continue, to explain as to where she'd gotten her name from. But she did and Leane couldn't help but feel a little bad. Not pity, there wasn't anything worse than that, thick and condescending like she was a pup who had no idea what real misery was. Well she did, the way she saw it she'd had her fair share of it and had no interest in dealing with it anymore.

She just wanted a fresh start, that's all.

Names were important, but Lenae was glad that Little Crow seemed content to wear the one she'd supposedly been given. Lenae felt the same way really, Annabird was a good name and free of the weight of the past. No one else knew it, just the two of them like their own little secret.

Lenae wanted to see Little Crow again, but the fact that she would likely soon be heading south made it unlikely. It was a little sad, Lenae never liked saying goodbye but...She just had to trust Little Crow when she said she would come look for her again, one day. Maybe. She wasn't sure what to say, or if she should say anything aside from bye(!) but the silence was stifling and without really meaning to Lenae blurted out the first thing that came into her head.

"Be safe." And then she amended. "Oh and good luck with the Cove!"
[Image: 1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbtdg8v.png]
[Image: cwt.png]