(See All?) Announcements
681 Users Online
Google, Bing

remove your hands from over your eyes — Pasos al Cielo 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Of course he wouldn't leave Relic Lore - it was she who had done that time and time again. Lachesis probably couldn't leave this place even if he tried as he was more loyal to it than even Ana. He was as much a part of this land as the trees were, if not more. "Kingsfall," she repeats idly as she barely recalls any of the land names buried within the treasure cove of this valley. The name he gave didn't spring forth any memories and she knew it probably should have but all this time gone and she couldn't remember anything that the pack names she had been a part of. "I... couldn't handle the change. It felt so different - I felt so different. So alien here." She swallowed loud and hard, breaething as best she could without causing him to worry. "I didn't even give it a chance... and I'm sorry," she admits wholly to how much she wanted to give it a chance this time because being lonely by choice was more daunting than having been lost and trying to find her way back. At least then she hadn't doubted herself and the result of her return, but this time she was sure that there wasn't a soul here that would recognize her or want to befriend a creature that didn't stick around for the party.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

His gaze swept over her familiar frame carefully, for he was afraid she would break into a million pieces before his eyes. She certainly was not the same china doll he’d lost on the mountain for there was something that glazed her eyes; something he did not recognize. Fear, doubt. Words he would never would have used to describe her. It was not just Lachesis that had changed since their time in Cedarwood together—she had changed too. And it frightened him more than he would ever admit. Not to her, not to Lilya. Certainly not Lilya. What would the sparrow think of the Starklen’s return? A lump formed in his throat, brows still pinched with concern. While he had always hoped to see the dove once more XIX wasn’t sure he would. Life was different in the Lore after both of her disappearances. More specifically he was different. Would she even still like her—as a friend or more? His heart ached. He had not expected to be put in this situation.

“Don’t be sorry,” he murmured soft as he pressed his nose to her cheek, seeking the comfort of her warm fur once more. “A lot had changed… and it’s still changing. So much has changed, dove.” His legs trembled, his eyes avoiding hers. “I don’t even know where to begin,” he mumbled into his own fur as he drew away, his gaze still averted.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

There was no denying the feeling of loss and scrutiny that she felt upon her but it was all in her head. The idea that maybe XIX was just feeling the good feeling now of her return but would he come to realize that it might not last and brush her away? Surely not, XIX wasn't like that. Not the one she knew, anyway.

There was so much in this land that she did not know and things she did, but the only memories that she kept close to her were dwindling down to nothing. All she remembered was the faces she had loved rather than the events that had transpired. Anastasia remembered Maksim and how she had once thought herself to love and admire him, she remembered Shade's respect and loyalty... how so much could change so drastically.

"I'll always be sorry, Lach..." and she would continue to feel that burning apology on her throat for as long as she was under the control of her fear and doubt, "but I'd like to work on making everything up to you. I really wanna try." Anastasia wanted to live somewhere again, wherever it was that he was living now maybe they would take her. Perhaps they could see how badly she wanted to stay and thrive, maybe even take pity on her for a few days. As hard as she might try, Anastasia could never prepare herself for the day that Lachesis would be running his own pride and certainly not with a woman by his side.

Obviously she knew that one day he would have a mate and start a family, Anastasia just couldn't see that that day could be now. So she pushed her cheek against his and tried as hard as she might to feel the desire for her friend. The warmth and love that spread like wildfire from their bodies. A change in rhythm as she desperately hoped that she might finally have something worth saving.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Of course he believed her. She had always been his kryptonite and no matter how many times she left, for whatever reason, XIX would always forgive her. If it had not been for her the anxious, leggy yearling would not have survived the feral world beyond the fence. She had helped shape him into the wolf he was now, even if she no longer recognized him. The blue-eyed china doll had played an important role in his life and would forever remain grateful.

Again he shook his head, dismissing her apology. He was just glad that she was here—that she had found her way to the north. Out of all the places she could have gone the dove had gone north, to the lowlands, to him. That had to be a sign. There was no way she could have known he was here, for the ghost was not familiar with any wolves that remained in the south. “You don't have to make up anything to me,” he countered, a frown cutting across his maw. “I’m just glad you’re here. That you found me.” The smile returned, lazy and crooked over his pale features. “Will you come home with me? It’s not the same as Cut Rock, but it’s close. And I promise it’s better.” Even if all the wolves Anastasia was familiar with now resided in the Ethos. 

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

It was a true miracle that she had stumbled to the north and even more a miracle that she had seen him and hadn't turned tail. Truth was that she wanted to be his again. Anastasia wanted to be XIX and Ana once again - two unstoppable forces that did everything together. So the invitation to go home with him sent her heart racing. Elated and heartstruck, she was prepared to take the leap and go home with him. To have what she desperately wanted once more and to be someone worthy of loyalty. Could his home accept her as he did? "Please," she answered as there was nothing she wanted more than to nestle back into the pack life that had been her calling since she was a child. Maybe joining him wherever he was would give her insight in how to move on and to be happy? The last time she had joined it had been torture watching everyone around her go about their lives and not knowing who she was or what she had done. The packs that she had led and the wolves she had befriended -- none of them would see that now would she hoped that she might do magnificent things once again.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Please. For a moment he had begun to doubt that she would accept his offer. They had changed, after all, and Hearthwood was not the home that his china doll knew. It was close, for the flourishing river reminded him of the one they called home in the south, and the company was similar. But it was not the same. The wolves Anastasia knew and cared about were no longer amongst the living and Lachesis… he had children—two litters by two different mothers. The second was one he cared for immensely and had confessed his feelings for only weeks ago. A wolf he wanted to pursue a future with.

And here was his past, staring at him with her bright, doe-like eyes, begging for forgiveness and craving acceptance.

“Come,” he urged, his voice soft as he nudged her shoulder affectionately, his tail swaying gently behind him. “I’ll get you up to speed as we walk? Some good has happened—and some bad. But these wolves, they are family. They will love you and accept you.” Just like I do. He stepped away from her, toward the looming forest in the distance, his chartreuse gaze never once wavering from her frail frame.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

With the life that they had lived years ago, she swore that if she had stayed glue to his shoulder in those mountains that nothing would have been so different. That they would have progressed like their very own fairy-tale and none of this doubt would have ever come to the surface. Yet here she stood feeling like she was a ghost out of her body trying to dive back in with only failure to greet her.

XIX urged her forward, nudging her to follow him to his home where he promised that they would see her as family. That they would welcome her and accept her as their own, a feeling that she wanted to embrace but knew that it was easier to say than be done. A stranger from the outside sometimes would not be accepted no matter its relation and while her bond with Lachesis was strong, she knew that there might be some doubtful individuals.

The words I hope so dangled on her tongue but she knew she didn't want to fish for comfort from him. There was doubt and this was very clear, the man did not need to hear her constantly ragging on herself for the things that she was so unsure of. Perhaps now as she followed him to his, she might be able to make some place feel like home.