My legs are getting weak — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Roosemooth Boor

OOC! @Wraith @Piety

--------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 309  

Damn that rabbit. Damn the hole. Damn the years. And damn these fickle limbs that randomly go weak. Roose thought for the thousandth time as he limped across the tundra.  Each step sent shooting pains up his front limb, and there were times where he would simply hop along and not use it at all.

It was just supposed to be a simple hunt.  It was not the first time he had strayed farther beyond the borders than was probably wise to find food.  But this time, a trip that should only have taken two or three days at the most had become two weeks.

All because of that damn rabbit!

At least he’d gotten it, though in the end that was a small consolation prize.  Sure, he had something to show for his long absence, but the scent of the pack had already faded from his fur and he knew he would have to beg entrance into the territory again. How bothersome.

He miss-stepped and went down with a yelp, the rabbit’s bones crunching in his jaws as his chin plowed into the earth.  This was not the first time he had done this on his journey back, and he figured the rabbit would not even be worth eating by the time he finally arrived.  But the advisor’s stubbornness refused to drop it.

Roosemooth sat up with a sigh, dropping his prize on the ground for a moment to lick his twisted paw again.  He sincerely hoped it wasn’t broken.  His old bones were getting frail, but that didn’t mean simply stepping in a hole would snap them.  He was better than that.

As he bent to retrieve his prey again, the old man’s nose twitched. He was only a few body-lengths off the border.  Might as well call from here. He tipped back his head and howled.

"Speech"  Thought

Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

Just when they had been growing in size, the ranks seemed to shrink again. It left a foul taste in the pale female's mouth but regardless they would pull through just like they always did. As long as those who remained were well and her own husband and son were taken care of she could cope. Of course, some losses were more expected than others. Saradathia had left in order to search for her family. Piety had truthfully been expecting the departure of the smaller woman for some time now. She had been so distant that without her presence almost seemed normal. The surprise leaving had been from Roosemooth. The elder male had seemed comfortable with his place amongst the Monadnock wolves. She had faith he would have stayed longer than he had but obviously, she placed her faith wrongly.

Speak (or think) of the devil.

The tones were familiar and fresh in her brain as she raised from her resting spot on top of the gold veined boulders. Her tail lifted high just like her head. Piety's dominance was obvious as she made her way towards the borders. She wouldn't be surprised if Wraith was already beating her to the call. As she safely reached the bottom of the Monadnock she took off at a brisk trot to close the distance. Of course, the pale Kael stayed on her side of the borders as muddy eyes looked out towards the nearing male. She would formally decide how she felt on this once he spoke. It best be something good.

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Roosemooth Boor

OOC!  

Word Count: 237  

It didn’t take long for the pack matriarch to answer his call.  Roose saw her light form approaching across the tundra, and he nosed the rabbit forward a little. He bowed as she reached him.

“I hope you can forgive me my absence,” He began, catching himself before he called her ‘my lady’, as she had expressed distaste for that title. “I would not have disappeared if it could have been helped.”

The advisor glanced up at his leader, trying to gauge her reaction.  She didn’t seem angry, so he supposed that was a good sign.  Still, he figured he’d best explain exactly what happened even if it was humiliating.

“I was off hunting, and I strayed a little farther than normal this time.  I should have been gone only a few days, but I seem to be getting old.” He sighed and looked down at his traitorous paw. “I stepped in a hole.” He finally admitted. “Unfortunately, this resulted in my having to walk the whole way back. I did get the bastard.” He gestured to the prey between them.

He hesitated. “I apologize for its mangled state. I… fell several times.” That was all that needed to be said on that matter, unless she asked. “I humbly ask that you allow me to return to the pack. I don’t think I will be wandering so far off anytime soon.” Or ever again.

Damn that rabbit!

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

She did not speak when he hoped for her forgiveness. Piety was unsure if she could forgive him just yet. His reason would sway her decision on how to deem him. An unloyal old man or a truly lost ally.

Her gaze was stiff and cold as she listened closely to his words. Muddy eyes fell to look at the mangled old meal between them. It was something that had not been worth the work he had put into it. Her lips drew into a thin line. Before speaking she let him continue talking. So he wanted to come home after supposedly falling multiple times and taking a long good while to walk back to the Monadnock.

"Are you still injured?" She looked upon the smaller male, examining his form with care. Was he going to be another Anaia? If she let him back in and tended to his possible wounds would he keep gaining foolish injuries? They did not have a proper healer. She had learned a little from @Lorcan and @Cheedo seemed to know a few odd ends (for she recalled the small woman bringing her sweetgrass at the birth of Cyril) but the Monadnock was not fit to be a hospice. The infirmary and its supplies had grown stale after the departure of the tawny healer.

As for the prey that he had brought to them... "It was not worth the work it sounds like you went through." She refused to tolerate those who wanted to make prideful and stubborn decisions on matters not even worthy of it.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Roosemooth Boor

OOC!  

Word Count:  248

As he spoke, Piety’s face grew colder and Roose began to see just why she had been so close with Morganna.  He wasn’t entirely sure if her inquiry after his injury was out of concern for him, or concern for the pack supplies. He suspected it was the latter.  He couldn’t help but be a little angered by the thought; had he not served her and her mate loyally? Had he not done everything in his power to aid them?

But he kept calm.  He could very well be misreading the situation, after all.

Roose dipped his head, pointing his nose at the paw held off the ground. “My foot is still tender, but I expect that after a few days of rest I will be back to normal. It was merely a twist, after all.”  The dark man didn’t know much about medicine, but he was certain it was not broken.  At its worst it might be a sprain, which would take a little longer to heal, but Roose had always been good and sucking it up and dealing with the pain with a straight face.

As for the rabbit… “Perhaps you’re right. I had hoped it would be in a more fit condition when I returned.” He knew very well that his stubbornness to return with something to show had likely cost him time, but he’d twisted his paw for that damn creature. He would have killed it for the pleasure of it just for that.

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
if you're gonna dig a grave, dig two
Piety Kael

It was just a twist. No broken bones or open wounds it seemed. He'd still be useless for a couple days perhaps but after that, he should be back to the way he was before. As much as she wanted to truly rain down hellfire Piety knew it would do no good. Even on an injury, he had returned to the Monadnock. Even if the rabbit was no good he had brought it to them instead of eating it for himself. So even she still felt frustrated by the elder's actions she knew exactly where his loyalties seemed to rest.

"Despite all of this," She rumbled softly. "you returned to us." For a brief moment a small smile tugged on her features before it faded away. "I'll welcome you back but I believe you have someone else you should talk to as well." A pale brow raised with an expectancy that he would know exactly who she was talking about. Certainly, her husband wouldn't disagree with the decision to let the elder male back in but that didn't mean she had faith he would be all sunshine and rainbows about it.

She moved forward to grab his muzzle firmly, not enough to injure but enough to make things clear. She still had more to talk to him about but first things first.

@Roosemooth so terribly sorry for the wait :C
# C W T