(See All?) Announcements
648 Users Online
Viorel, Google, Bing, Nori, Archer

in the blushing lights — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Backdated to May 18th, set directly after this thread.
@Rory only! <3

The lady had agreed to accompany him to the lake, where he was to catch her a wonderful fish for a meal (because that was literally the only thing he could catch), and he hoped to get to know her a bit better. He couldn't help but be charmed by Rory's gentle nature and willingness to play along with his little games. The absolute least she deserved was a fish for being so kind, and for the trouble that Lorcan and Mace had caused her.

Some part of him hoped that, after he'd gotten her something to eat and sent her on her way, she might return and ask permission to join Hearthwood. It would be so nice to have a potential friend around, and especially one that was so easy on the eyes. Would that be so wrong?

He didn't think so.

It didn't take long for them to reach Turtleback Lake, and it took even less long for him to actually manage to catch her a fish - a decent sized scaly thing that he hoped would be enough to fill her up. He'd been a loner for long enough to know what it felt like to be hungry. So he killed the thing with a quick bite to its spine, and hauled it up onto the shore to drop at the pale wolf's paws. Hazel eyes found their way to her yellow ones and he gave her a smile.

"Sorry that took so long. I know it's boring to watch someone fish." He stepped back and settled down on the pebbly shore, happy to let the sunshine warm and dry his pelt. The mocha-furred man wasn't hungry, himself - he had had breakfast earlier in the day. "And I'm sorry about Lorcan and Mace," he added, turning his full attention back to her. "Those two are usually very calm. I don't know what made them want to go after you like they did. That was just rude."

The man cleared his throat and brought up another topic of conversation, and leaned forward just slightly to show that he was genuinely interested. "So, tell me something about yourself, Rory. If you want to, of course." After all, it was completely optional. She didn't have to do anything but eat her fish and leave. "I can leave, if you'd like. If I'm making you uncomfortable or something." Because apparently, he had a tendency to do just that.
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
@Aytigin !! :D

i don't even know if i believe
Aurora Thanne

She followed his lead without a word, stealing a glance toward him every so often and hiding the smile that forced its way every so often on her lips. He was kind, pleasantly welcoming and he was handsome to boot; his eyes were mesmerizing to say the least. She was anxious for the fish he had promised her and found that her mouth began to water from the mere thought of it, she didn't bother to tell him that the fish he'd promised her was the first food she would have in at least a week, he was her savior in more ways than one.

Within no time they had reached their destination--Turtleback Lake, and she was amazed by the beauty. Serene silence was all that surrounded, broken only by the crashing sound of Aytigin entering the lake and successfully catching a healthy looking fish, just for her. The pit of her stomach fell from the sensation that overcame it, anticipating the warm meat that would fill it and anxious to thank the wolf who had risked catching it for her. He was amazing, to say the least. "You weren't boring at all, and you keep your word, I like that." she voiced with ears pulled back on her head and wide eyes failing to maintain their attention on him longer than it took for him to plop the fish at her feet. She didn't hesitate to engorge herself, tearing at the messy scales and licking her mouth clean of blood and guts.

He brought up the altercation from earlier and she felt embarrassment overcome her a second time; would his memory of her forever involve the awkward meeting she'd had with Mace and Lorcan? "You definitely have made up for it." she spoke, attempting to change the conversation and flirt at the same breath, she only hoped it would help to help him forget about the males from earlier and focus on what was happening now. She ate the fish within minutes, leaving mostly bones and scales at its spot and looked to Aytigin with worry, hoping she didn't seem lack manners as well, "I'm sorry, I should have asked if you wanted any, I was just so hungry." that was hardly an excuse, but she hoped he understood where she was coming from.

The silence was never long between these two and the Heartwood male didn't hesitate to request more information about her, she hesitated only because she was unsure of what to say to him, she didn't consider herself to be the least bit interesting and wondered what the male expected her to share with him this soon. "I'm not very interesting." she voiced, convinced he would think the same once this conversation finally did get started. She wasn't even sure if he was enjoying himself now, but she was certain that she wasn't quite ready for him to leave just yet. "no don't leave, I like your company." she admitted, nearly pouting at his attempt to leave her. He couldn't just feed her and leave so easily, right?

(This post was last modified: Aug 25, 2017, 06:13 AM by Rory. Edit Reason: changed the ending to match her timeline :D )
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
'You weren't boring at all, and you keep your word, I like that.' Aytigin smirked at her comment and gave a sheepish shrug of a shoulder. "I would be a pretty terrible guy to promise you a fish and then just leave you hanging, wouldn't I?" he asked, and couldn't help but offer a light chuckle as she dug into the fish. He'd expected a more dainty, careful nature from the white wolf, but it appeared to be just the opposite. It was quite adorable.

"Oh, no, I get plenty to eat in Hearthwood," he replied when she said she should have offered him some of the fish. He gave a gesture to his slightly-oversized belly and flanks. "I think it's pretty obvious that I could stand to lose a little bit of weight." Or maybe not. It wasn't as though he was obese or anything like that - in fact, Ayti liked to think of himself as pretty buff. It was rare for him to actually take a break from working, so a lot of his bulk actually was muscle. But, as an adamant lover of food, there was definitely fat present, as well.

The dark wolf hadn't been expecting too much information from her, but it seemed that the lady wasn't willing to share anything other than the fact she wasn't interesting. He was already shaking his head before she finished her sentence. "On the contrary, my lady, I happen to find you very interesting," he assured with a cheeky wink added to the end of his statement - more for comedic effect, but if he was flirting with her... who was there to tell him not to?

Well, she would be the one to tell him not to, actually. But apparently she enjoyed his company. He couldn't help but smile. "I'm glad you don't want me to leave," he admitted, dipping his head slightly. "Believe it or not, I am genuinely enjoying spending time with you. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crossing any boundaries."

A grin crossed his maw and he leaned forward slightly. "But I really do want to know more about you. You don't have to tell me much if it makes you uncomfortable - just something trivial. Like maybe... your favorite color? Or maybe your favorite food?" Maybe he could play the same back-and-forth game with Rory that he'd played with Inna. "I'll tell you something about me in return. Ask anything you like." Hazel eyes searched her face, trying to gauge her expression.

It was kind of hard when all he could think was - She really is lovely.

@Rory - I love her more with every post <3
(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2017, 05:05 AM by Aytigin.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
@Aytigin I'm glad these two finally met, I was hoping they would, he's quite the charmer ^-^ and this post got quite long...i got carried away but I couldn't help myself, I love Aytigin!

Aurora Thanne

She licked off what remained of the fish from her mouth, in case anything stained her alabaster coat, and flashed the most heart warming and sincere smile that she could muster. He was correct in assuming that he would be a pretty terrible guy to promise her something and not uphold it, but that her trust in the male would have faltered from that moment on. He didn't have to worry though because him upholding his end had won her over and she craved more from the male, what ever that more was she wasn't sure but it made her feel lighter inside and the tingle she felt definitely wasn't from the fish.

Her pale eyes found his beautiful hazel and something in her stomach did a back flip, it would have it that the mere sight of him had produced this sensation all over and though she didn't dislike it she couldn't quite explain it. It was almost how she'd felt with @Laike upon their first meeting but much less awkward. She definitely wasn't quite ready to jump his bones but something about him wanted her to come closer; fear kept her at her spot. "I like the way you look. Not overly terrifying, and surprisingly bear like. But definitely not fat." she wondered if he was soft and plush, like a bear was imagined to be.

She shook her head at such silly thoughts, keeping her paws to herself would be her most difficult task but the way he was looking at her made her crave him. What the hell is going on with me? she wondered, having never recalled a male --despite her run in with Laike during breeding season-- making her feel anything remotely close to how Aytigin was making her feel. Perhaps it was his vibe, and how easily he complimented her without breaking character despite not knowing anything about Rory besides her name and the fact that she was a loner, or it could be the fact that she could sense that he was trying so hard to make her like him. He hadn't needed to work so hard, Rory wasn't the picky type, but she enjoyed the effort and rewarded him each step of the way by reciprocating his flirting to ensure him that she valued his efforts in return.

She chuckled, like a school girl who laughed at the joke of the guy she was crushing on, and waved her paw to dismiss his claims that she was in fact interesting. She didn't like to think so. She wasn't nearly as mature as him, even after having to be on her own for so long and she wasn't as smart as he was, if so she would have bit the bullet and joined a pack months ago but she was stubborn and afraid that she wasn't good enough therefore she shied away from commitment, it was better for every one involved. "I assure you, I'm no different then the next girl." she wasn't as pretty as the other girls, and nothing about her thinning frame was appealing, even to her despite Aytigin's words. He though, was interesting. "but I do enjoy your company too Aytigin and am glad that you do mine. Hopefully you won't think differently of me after this meeting." she struggled with her confidence but that had everything to do with certain parts of her past. It was the only part of her she was not willing to share.

"I love the yellow buds that poke up after the rains, they make me feel...I don't know...warm inside." it was the first time she'd described how those flowers in the field made her feel but she couldn't phantom telling him how sometimes she would roll around in them, sniffing along the way in hopes that the feeling wouldn't disappear. "Favorite food...I'm not picky to be honest with you. I like anything that doesn't make me sick afterward, which would include the fish you so graciously caught me. That was kind of you by the way." she admitted with ears pulled back and eyes soft and filled with joyous emotion. How could this male possibly care so much about her? "what about you?" she asked, finally able to pass him the microphone and waited with a thundering heart for him to answer. She supposed this wasn't as hard as she'd imagined.

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
I've been wanting them to meet, too. This is going so well <3 @Rory

It probably wasn't easy to have such pale ivory fur, Aytigin reflected as he watched her clean the blood from her maw. Dark fur like his own hid stains and mud and dirt much easier, and while he was a very hygienic wolf (under most circumstances), he had to take a moment to be grateful that blood didn't show up often on him. But she seemed to have gotten most - if not all - of the remnants of the fish from her fur quite quickly. Which was impressive, to say the least, though he guessed she'd have had a few years experience. He decided not to comment on it, and instead just simply admired her pale fur for a few brief seconds.

Then she commented on his own appearance, and their eyes met, and the dark wolf had to think that it was probably a great thing that the two of them had not met during breeding season. If that had been the case, then he couldn't have seen the encounter ending in anything other than hormone-induced conversation and activities - like it had with Hecate. If Rory didn't chase him off first, of course. But now he had the opportunity to actually speak with her and the ability to think with perfect clarity. His eyes crinkled a bit as he smiled, his tail sweeping the rocky shore behind him where he lay. "I'm glad you like the way I look," the chocolate-furred man replied, something akin to butterflies beginning to tickle the inside of his stomach. It was not an unpleasant feeling. "I was hoping you did, at least. I like the way you look, too."

He was trying rather hard to make her like him. At first because he'd just been hoping to leave a good impression about Hearthwood for the young woman, because extra paws were always needed within their ranks. But as the conversation continued and he started getting to know her personality a bit better, the efforts to get her to like him were becoming more selfish. Not in a bad way, necessarily. There was nothing wrong with fancying a wolf, after all.

Okay, well, maybe he didn't quite fancy her. For now it was more of an admiration.

Laughter rumbled in his chest when she said that she was no different from any other girl, and he searched her honeyed eyes, trying to express that he was being genuine in his next statement. "That is precisely the type of thinking that I try to prevent," he said gently, tilting his head just a bit to the side. "Let me be honest with you, Rory. You are absolutely charming, interesting, and captivating. There's nothing average, or 'no different than the next girl' about you." With that out of the way, he smiled brightly once more. "It's nice to know that you're enjoying my company as much as I'm enjoying yours. I'm no judge - whatever you tell me, it can't be as bad as how I used to be." In his own opinion, he had been quite the terrible wolf in his lifetime. He'd spent all of his time in Hearthwood trying to make up for it.

She liked the yellow buds that popped up after the rain. For some reason, it felt important that he remember that. Perhaps so that he could fetch her a bouquet of them in the future, should they ever meet again. He chuckled lightly about the fish comment, and wrinkled his muzzle comically as he shook his head. "It was the least I could do," he reassured her, then perked his ears when she asked for his favorites in return. The dark wolf exhaled through his nose, giving it a bit of thought, before responding. "I believe my favorite color is white. Like snow, or clouds. It seems so fresh and new and pristine." Then he grinned, intent on making the next statement a joke. "And, to maintain my bearlike figure, I love all food."

This seemed a good time to bring up the pack, so he risked it. "You ever think of maybe being a part of a pack in the future?" The question was asked in a neutral, light tone. She didn't have to answer if she didn't want to - he didn't want to make her feel awkward. He wasn't trying to convince her yet - he wanted to be able to gauge her reaction before trying anything like that.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
@Aytigin  Good! Now this is when Rory's personality really kicks in! ;D Hopefully they can get over this little "bump" <3!

Aurora Thanne

Her cheeks were beginning to hurt from smiling so often, it had been the most she'd done in quite a long time and she liked it even despite the growing awkwardness that was beginning to show through. Aytigin made her feel good each minute of this meeting, his energy had rubbed off on her own and she was actually beginning to believe some of the words he was saying, only slightly. She started to avoid his eyes, nervousness had overcome her but she hoped that it didn't turn him off from her, she genuinely did like him but she was never good at showing these things, ever.

She didn't say anything when he mentioned liking her fur, but her eyes had softened even more toward him and the way his eyes met hers made her heart thump loud in her chest. Her stomach had done nearly one million back flips by now, but who was counting. She fidgeted at her spot, so many weird sensations had taken over her body but she didn't dare make them more obvious then they already were, keeping sure to avert his eyes when the butterflies tickled her throat or when she felt like she was on fire beneath her pale fur. The compliments he had given her were kind, and she liked them, but she still didn't think she deserved them. He was way too kind.

He didn't want her to be like the other girls and her head cocked to the side in an effort to understand how he wanted her to be if not like everyone else. She'd tried hard to fit in with everyone else, even attempting to divert any unwarranted attention in case her awkwardness took over and yet he wanted her to be different. It seemed that Aytigin had saw something in her that she didn't and it made her curious--interested. "How do you know when we've really just met..." she asked sincerely, eyes finally turning to met his for understanding. How can he think he knows so much about me? she wondered, brows wrinkling upon her face.

He was no judge, she liked that point about him, in fact that made her like him even more. This fact had quickly diffused any tension that may have developed given her blunt question and her face once more softened to what they were in the beginning, a smile spread across her lips. He shared with her his favorite color, it was quite surprising but an interesting tidbit that she hoped to remember if time allowed them another meeting and couldn't help the chuckle that flowed when he had repeated her description of him. It was obvious that he wasn't the sensitive type and she determined that she liked this tidbit about him as well. "then maybe, when the snow returns, we can play in it together if that is truly what you enjoy. And maybe catch all kind of food in the process, since we're both not picky." it was quite the shot but Rory had just assured him that she intended to see much more of him.

A lump swelled in her throat when he mentioned joining a pack and for a moment her mind began to race with paranoia. She wondered if this was why he was being so nice to her, to get her to join his pack and make it's numbers stronger, or perhaps there was some reward involved in bringing in long time loners that so easily dismissed pack life. Her mind hummed with worry, anxiety and distrust for this male who had showed hospitality in hopes of selling her into the pack life. For a moment, she despised him. "I've rarely considered it." that was only partially true, she had wanted an easier life months ago but her stubbornness overrode these feelings many times over; she was a bit too selfish for a pack. "I don't know what good I can bring to a pack, I don't have many skills." this too was partially true, but she wanted every reason for Aytigin to reconsider his idea of bringing her into the pack life and choose someone more worthy.

(This post was last modified: Aug 27, 2017, 06:17 AM by Rory.)

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Shortening the replies just a bit for the sake of the spree ^^ @Rory
Me and Ayti still really like her, btw

Geez, this was going so much better than he had expected it to go. His heart was doing those annoying little flutters, and though she was avoiding his eyes now, he thought little of it. That was something that ladies did quite often when they were nervous, and he didn't think she was the bad kind of nervous. But then, he'd never been the best judge on that before. Still, he listened as she spoke, and frowned just a bit when she seemed to discredit his statement. "I know because I've been around a time or two," he explained, not proudly. "I've met a lot of different wolves in my time. Most of them have been dull, or boring, or just like every other wolf I've ever met before." A smile formed on his lips. "You, on the other paw, are different. I might not be able to tell you exactly why just yet, but I promise it's true." He shrugged a shoulder. "It's a good thing to be different."

Fortunately for him, it seemed that she got over her little hesitancy, and mentioned playing in the snow with him when winter came around again. Which would mean that she wanted to see him again. Which would mean that she was planning to stick around. The thought brought a flutter of happiness into Aytigin's chest, and he wasn't exactly sure why. "I would love that," he replied, a bit touched that she already thought enough of him to want to spend even more time with him in the future. Had he really left that good an impression?

Apparently not. He hadn't thought much about bringing up joining a pack - only that this woman was clearly very hungry, and packs could provide more food, and though it would be nice for her to join Hearthwood, any pack would do. Her tone and the expression on her face caused the happiness in his chest to be replaced with a sense of anxiety - had he screwed up?

Willing his mind to slow down and formulate some sort of plan - because it wouldn't do to panic - he took a deep breath and let it out. "You know, I used to think like that, too," he said, offering her a small smile and pulling back just a bit, hoping to make her more comfortable. "I wasn't saying that so that you could join Hearthwood, by the way. Although I could definitely get used to having you around," the dark wolf flirted gently, adding a wink to try and ease her worried mind. "Being a loner is your choice, and there's nothing wrong with it. It's just not easy." Which was true. Being a loner, for Aytigin at least, wasn't the worst thing on earth. He could scavenge and steal food enough for survival, but Rory didn't seem confrontational enough for that. "I am sorry I upset you, though. Could the lady ever forgive me?" he asked, rolling over onto his back and exposing his stomach in a submissive gesture. He was serious, though he still held a smile on his maw, desperate to ease the tension he'd brought up.[/b]
(This post was last modified: Aug 27, 2017, 06:43 AM by Aytigin.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
*wipes brow* thank goodness, I thought we might have blown it ;D
Aurora Thanne

"I know because I've been around a time or two." she wasn't sure whether that was supposed to be a compliment or help ease her worries but non the less she believed him, her ears were pulled tight on her skull in confusion, and she opened her mouth to question what he meant by that but they closed almost immediately when he continued. She was glad that she hadn't mentioned anything, he had explained everything just fine.  "Thank you Aytigin. You're too kind." he truly was, "you make me feel different, that's for sure." she would leave it up to him to decipher what she'd meant by those words.

They had plans to meet when the snow returned and she was happy that he had accepted her offer, it was far off from now but they had plenty of time to build up to what she imagined would be a awesome relationship. As luck would have it, she hadn't completely run the male off and he took the time to explain what he had meant, probably because her face had given away so many emotions all at once, and she took her time in answering them. He assured her that he didn't mean to pressure or rush her into anything and inwardly she sighed with relief--she really didn't want to have to push him away. "It's not easy but I will make that choice when I am ready. I hope you would be the first I can share the information to when the moment comes." she hated feeling pressured and was happy that he had shared his own experience with her. He didn't quite strike her as the loner type, but really what qualified you as one?

He asked her to forgive him and couldn't help the smirk that came to her lips, he was so charming, there was no way she could purposely stay mad at him. "I can forgive you, just this once." she winked, joking with him in hopes to ease the tension and recapture what they had built from earlier, she was after all, beginning to like it. "If you could have any ability, what would it be?" she randomly interjected, wanting to refocus the energy to one thing; getting to know one another.

(This post was last modified: Aug 27, 2017, 07:38 AM by Rory.)

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Sorry for the wait!

Aytigin was enjoying the time he spent with Rory. Sure, he wasn't in a state of pure Elysium or anything like that, but it was fun, and perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to spend more time with her in the future. That was what she wanted, right? Because, to him, it certainly seemed that way. And far be it from Aytigin Delaney to cast aside a willing wolf - especially not one so beautiful and interesting. A smile crossed his lips when she commented about how he made her feel different, and he let out a light chuckle. "Considering what I said was a compliment, I'm going to assume you meant that in a good way," he replied, hazel eyes seeking out her sun-ray yellows.

Though they had a bit of a rough patch with the pack comment, it was easy to rectify the situation, and the dark wolf almost let out a sigh of relief. He hadn't meant to make her feel so uncomfortable. "Of course," he told her, a grin forming on his lips as he wriggled his eyebrows. "You can talk to me about anything you like." It was an obvious attempt to clear the air further, and wasn't meant to be an actual flirtatious advance. Everything about his speech and movements was exaggerated.

She forgave him, and he rolled back over onto his stomach, tail thumping the ground a few times. "Thank you, milady. I shall not let you down again." Still being playful, of course, he dropped her a wink whilst still keeping his head lower than hers. It wasn't uncommon for him to have the submissive role in any relationship, and he didn't mind it one bit. She winked at him, and his rump wriggled once in time with his tail. This encounter had just brought out the playful side of him, and he wasn't sure why that was, but he liked it.

In response to her next question, he frowned and wrinkled his nose in an attempt to think the answer out. "Hm... probably the ability to talk to birds," he replied, glancing up at the sky. "I imagine that their wings take them all over the place, and I want to know the stuff they've seen." Which was weird and all, but true. He smiled at her and tilted his head to the side. "What about you?"
(This post was last modified: Sep 11, 2017, 06:18 AM by Aytigin.)