Google, Sophrosnia, Bing

Gotta take a second — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

For miss @Kip :)

It had been a long time since the dark woman took a trip away from the cove. Now that Chan was growing bigger and she felt she could leave him safely within the borders. She had confidence in her family to ensure her child's safety. So with that the new cove queen trotted down into the forest that lay beneath her mountain home. She stopped as the ground underneath her large paws changed from rocky to soft soil. Her silver dusted tail swished contently behind the woman as she drew in the earthy scents of the forest.

A small smile formed on her inky maw as she stood with her eyes closed. The sounds of the serene forest filled the woman's ears. After taking a moment to take it all in the large woman was moving again. She wasn't really sure what she was looking for. So she simply walked along, enjoying the day. Soon the sound of running water reached her ears. She followed the sound to a riverbank that looked vaguely familiar. It took her a moment but it finally came into the light. This was the river where she first met @Kajika all that time ago. She thought of how far she had come since the dark man had offered her a second home. From a scared yearling to a mother and leader of a pack. Moonshadow found it a bit humorous how things worked out. She walked over the the waters edge and allowed the water to lap at her paws.

Word Count: 260
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Van who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Thanks so much for starting <33

This place was really cool, Kip had to admit. The young girl hadn't been in many forests in her life, considering most of it was spent on the top of mountains and hidden away in caves and crags. She wasn't really the biggest fan of either, to be honest. It was simply that she preferred the forest to the peaks, as she'd grown to hate them over time. Speaking of, there happened to be a giant mountain just east of the beautiful, forested place.

Kip chose to ignore it.

Weaving through the dense underbrush was quite the challenge, but she managed. Being tiny had its perks, from time to time. Though she had to admit, her thick fur was getting caught uncomfortably on branches and vines and all the shit that was sticking out from the forest to snag her.

But really, she couldn't complain.

The child made her way over to a small body of water, at first taking no notice of the stranger in the immediate vicinity. It wasn't until she dipped her head down to take a drink that she noticed a huge, black figure on the opposite bank. Pale eyes turned upward from where she was drinking, and she raised her head once more. The girl wasn't startled, but she was finding it a bit difficult to get words out. Specifically because she hadn't had a decent conversation in months.

"Er, hi," she managed, voice low and gruff as water dripped from her chin. She didn't make for the most appealing wolf at the moment, that was for sure.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

@Kip Of course! :)

The dark woman stood contently at the rivers edge allowing the cool water to dance at her toes. Silver orbs studied the river flowing towards her. How peaceful this was, most definitely what the inky leader needed. She was unaware of the approach of another until a low grovely voice reached her ears. Silver dusted ears flicked towards the origin of the sound before her head followed suit. A small white form was across the river from the cove woman. By the sound of the voice she'd guess a male but the scent gave her away. The girl couldn't be much older than a year, which caused her maternal instinct to tingle.

Giving the girl a warm smile Moonshadow returned the greeting "Hello, there. What's your name? I'm Moonshadow." Her tone was kind as she studied the girl. Why was she out here all alone? Where was her family? The woman's memory flicked back to the loss of her birth family and hoped that this girl didnt have to endure the same fate. She wouldn't wish that upon any wolf, not even her worst enemy. It was horrible to lose everything one loves.

Word Count: 201
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
The giant lady was nice. Great - at least Kip didn't have to worry about being eaten by a huge bear wolf today. But still, it was probably for the best that she stayed on her side of the river and let the girl have her space. For the both of them. Not that Kip would actually be too opposed to the presence of another wolf - it was just that, for the sake of personal comfort, it would be nice to have a little room and not have to worry about feeling claustrophobic or whatever.

Moonshadow. What an odd name. Although Mavis Kipley was also a pretty unusual name, in itself. The kid much preferred her nickname, and had taken a sort of vow to never share her full name with anyone else ever. Which is why, instead of using her proper names, the girl instead dipped her head toward the massive woman. If she was nice, then there was no reason to be a dick in return, right?

"Nice to - uh - meet you, Moonshadow," she said, an awkward pause showing up in the middle of her sentence as she formulated what she wanted to say. "I'm Kip." It was so short, in comparison to the regal lady's three-syllable title. But she supposed that was part of the point. Her nostrils flared just a bit as she attempted to catch the wolf's scent, and couldn't help but notice the windy, mountainous smell that she carried. After all, Kip had been surrounded by it most of her life. "You from up there?" the girl asked, jerking her head lightly toward the incline to the east.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Kip. What a cute name. The dark woman's smile widened as the girl said it was nice to meet her. "Its nice to meet you too Kip" she said as she placed herself in a seated position across the river from the white yearling. Her dark tail swished along the rocky shore. The small girl then asked if she was from up there as she motioned up to the mountain. Silver orbs looked up to the monstrous rock. "Why yes I am" she said fondly, proud of her mountain home. It was everything to the inky woman. Curiosity washed over the older female, where did this girl come from? "Where are ya from dear?" She asked kindly. Moon stayed on her side of the river not wanting to push her into anything she wouldn't want to do. Some wolves didnt like being close to strangers, especially those who were out on their own. The dark woman could remember when she didnt have a pack how untrusting she was, she wouldn't be surprised if this girl felt the same.

Word Count: 000
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
A small silver fish flashed in the water at Kip's paws, and she busied herself with watching it for a moment rather than meeting Moonshadow's eyes. Jeez, did meeting new wolves have to be so awkward? Even if they were super nice. Suspiciously nice, as a matter of fact, but the white yearling still saw no need to be rude to the woman. It'd been a long time since anyone had treated her with such kindness, and spoke as though they were equals.

It seemed that her assumption about the mountain was correct, because the black wolf smiled in pride when she was asked. Immediately after came the verbal confirmation, and Kip nodded her head. Though she couldn't quite see such a dark-pelted wolf blending into the mountain easily in the winter, when snow was everywhere and there was no ground cover to use for hunting. But perhaps that didn't matter, if one were experienced enough.

The coal-black wolf then asked her own question, and the tiny wolf shifted her paws just slightly as she calmed herself down. It wasn't as though she had to give this wolf her life's story or anything, so the girl offered the lady a half-smile and shrugged one shoulder. "I'm from another mountain," she replied, keeping her voice level and as deep as it would go (which, honestly was about as deep as a teenage male rather than a full-grown man with a bass voice. But still, it got the job done.) "It's a lot farther away, though."

In response to the woman sitting down to rest, Kip did the same. The girl lay on her stomach on the riverbank, busying herself with watching the fish and listening to anything else Moonshadow had to say.
(This post was last modified: Aug 30, 2017, 04:28 AM by Kip.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

So I know you wanted her to go towards WFN but Moon can't help but offer XD

Being kind was something that came naturally to the cove woman. She was raised to always show kindness unless threatened. So thats just what the ebony woman did with every new wolf she met. She would show them kindness unless given a reason not to. This young girl hadn't given Moon a single reason to show anything but kindness. So with that she asked where the girl was from. Kip gave a small smile and a shrug with her answer. She was from another mountain that was far away. The motherly instincts wanted to press just how far away. Surely someone as young as her shouldn't be out on her own. Moon knew though that sometimes under certain circumstances young wolves have to be on their own. That didnt mean she couldn't offer somewhere for her to go.

"Well if you dont have anywhere to go, you're more than welcome to stay with me and my family" she offered with a smile. She knew what it was like to be on her own. So she would offer somewhere for the white yearling to go. If she didnt take it Moonshadow wouldn't take it personally. Pack life wasn't for everyone and with winter not very close the cove woman didnt feel the need to insist if her offer wasn't taken.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Moon is a precious angelface and Kip has no idea what to do about it

Kip was fairly sure that she had met a literal angel from heaven. The giant woman was imposing in stature but not in nature, and she could probably crush Kip just by sitting on her, and yet... she was offering a tiny, complete stranger a place to stay. Normally, the girl would have denied outright, because she did not need any charity, thank you very much. But the way this lady phrased her offer didn't sound a thing like charity or anything like that.

But she still wasn't sure, so perhaps it was better to deflect.

"You just met me," she denied with a soft sigh and smile. "I know I'm not very intimidating or anything like that, but I haven't even asked you. Why are you being so nice?" It wasn't asked rudely or angrily, but more out of genuine curiosity. It wasn't often that Kip had run across genuinely kindhearted wolves like this. She really just wanted to know what was going on in Moonshadow's head that would make her think it was a good idea to allow a complete stranger into her pack.
(This post was last modified: Aug 31, 2017, 11:22 PM by Kip.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

She can't help herself. She's kind to her own detriment XD

The dark woman couldn't help herself. The small girl reminded her of herself at that age, all alone with no home, no friends, and no family. So it only felt natural to try to take the young girl in. Her offer received a sigh and a 'you just met me'. Before the dark woman could answer the girl spoke once again. She said how she wasn't intimidating and that she didnt even ask for entrance. Then she asked why Moon was being so kind. A small chuckle fell from the dark females inky maw. Why was she being so kind?

Moonshadows mind drifted back to that fateful day on this very river. The day where a collection of wolves met by accident and the young moons life would be changed forever. That day was the day she met her best friend, and he offered her a home. He had also only just met her but still gave her a chance. A chance at a home and a family. He gave her basically everything she had, why couldn't she possibly offer another that same chance?

The queens warm smile broadened. "Yes I know we just met, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be given a chance. Believe it or not I was given a chance by someone I had just met on this very river." Her silver dusted tail swished fondly behind her. Kajika had given her a chance and looked at what happened. She had a husband, a precious child, a family that loved her, and she was now running the pack. There had been some hiccups and tragedies but overall the ebony woman thought that it was worth it.