(See All?) Announcements
638 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo

Toss up — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
Solas was disgusted with himself. He had come back to Fallen Tree Cove to learn about his Father and then he had gone on a hunting trip and what had he found? An injured wolf that had convinced him to help him get back to his pack. He had thought that maybe it would take a day or two possibly three at most. But nooo it had taken what felt like years though the stormy male knew that it hadn't been that long. It had however been long enough for the scent of the Cove to fade from his pelt and all traces that had marked him as a member.

He hadn't minded helping the other wolf what he did mind was the fact that he hadn't had the idea to tell his Alphas what he was doing before he had left and now that this much time had passed he could only hope that they would take him back again for what the third time? He was getting sick of himself at this point and he felt like he was disappointing every one because they had trusted him when they had let him join.

Solas was carrying a rabbit, which he knew would make little difference in the long run, as he walked. He had gone on a hunting trip so here he was bringing back something that he had hunted. Nothing more nothing less. It made him feel better at least a little bit.

Coming to the border he let his catch drop the ground and he tossed up his head to let out a howl for one of the leaders. He assumed that Namid or Vespertio would come and greet him. Now all he would have to do was figure out how to explain what had happened in a way that would let him rejoin the pack. Now if only it were that easy.

@Moonshadow
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Also just so you know Moon never met Anthem, she joined shortly after his death :)

Her trip off the mountain had been refreshing. To be able to just take some time and relax a bit had done wonders. Sure there were still stressors but the ebony woman felt like she could handle them a lot better now. Ever since her panic attack it felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She wasn't trying to hide her feelings anymore, she wasnt trying to pretend everything was alright when it wasn't. Sure the tragedies still hung heavy in her heart but they were beginning to heal.

Large dark paws thundered over the mountainous terrain. She leaped easily over called trees and around boulders as the cover leader raced through her home. She ran with no purpose other than to simply run. The wind was cool through her ebony pelt, keeping her core temperature down. A call for the coves leads caused Moon to come to a screeching halt. Silver dusted ears flicked to find the origin of the call. Once pin pointed the large woman turned to head towards that part of the border. She moved at an easy trot as to not come upon the other winded.

She came upon the border with her tail raised and head held high but walked without aggression. There was no need for that now. A warm smile was adorned upon her inky maw as silver eyes looked over the male. He was colored with different shaded of grey and sharp gold eyes. He looked vaguely familiar, maybe from seeing him in passing before, but she couldn't be sure. "Hello, I'm Moonshadow, current lead of Fallen Tree Cove. How may I help you?" Her mercury eyes glanced at the rabbit that lay near the mans feet. Oh. She answered her own question but would allow him to reply regardless.

Word Count: 310
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
Solas waited as patiently as he could. There was an itch under his skin that made him want to start getting back into pack life and helping out. It was likely because he had been gone so long and he wanted to try and make up for lost time. He wanted to prove that he wasn't just a useless body. Yet, what if Namid and Vespertio decided to not let him back in? He had left without a word to them and he wanted to snarl at himself for his lack of forethought and he had as he had made himself back to the pack he was hoping to call home if he could keep his pelt in it long enough.

It didn't take too long before he could hear someone's approach and Solas's posture perked up though it remained overall neutral. He expected to see Namid's form slide out of the shadows but he was approached by someone he barely remembered. He didn't even know her name though she was quick to supply it as Moonshadow. What had happened? A worried crease formed between his brows. Crap he hadn't been expecting someone he didn't know.

I wanted to rejoin the pack but what happened to Namid? Solas responded uneasily his weight shifting from paw to paw. Had they been attacked while he had been away? Had she left or did the wolf in front of him challenge her and win? He didn't know the wolf in front of him on a personal level but he wasn't too sure Namid would just roll over and leave without trying to take her spot back.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Obviously he's here to join. Why else would he bring a prize to pack borders? She scolded herself. The obvious was vocalized at the man did indeed say he was there to not only join but rejoin. Rejoin? Oh that's why he looked familiar. Moonshadow had seen him here and there around the cove but never had the chance to introduce herself. The confusion was clear on his face, as surely he had been expecting Namid or Vespertio.

Oh how things had changed.

Surely if this man had joined before then it wouldn't be a problem informing him of where the lake queen had gone. He should know if he's wanting to rejoin. "Namid has left the cove in search of her missing children. I am holding her place until she returns." It was the truth, the ebony woman was simply a place holder. And just like the first time she would gladly step aside and allow the pale woman to reclaim her throne. Moon had no interest in betraying the woman that allowed her entry into her home. She respected Namid too much to ever do anything like that, but this male didnt know that now did he?

Word Count: 207
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
His worries about an attack were put to rest as well as the thought that there had been a rank challenge. Not that Solas could have done anything to change the result if that had been the case. Moonshadow explained that Namid had gone off in search of her missing children and that she was simply a placeholder until her return. He considered the news for a moment before letting out a sigh of relief grateful for her honesty on the matter. I'm glad that's the reason then and not because something happened to her. Solas responded with a slight smile.

Where did this put him then? He still wanted to rejoin but would the leader, even if it was only for the time being, in front of him accept him back into the ranks? Will you allow me to rejoin? He asked rather bluntly as he met Moonshadow's gaze. He hadn't shown her any sign of submission though that might change in time as they got to know each other. Yet, he also hadn't shown her any sign of aggression or dominance. To him, it felt like held still as he waited to hear her next words. Would she question his departure or would she simply let him return? The worse scenario was that she would turn him away and he would have to figure out what his next move was.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Silver eyes watched as confusion and worry melt off his dark features. Her silver tipped tail waved as it fell to a neutral position. Her rank had been verbalized therefore there was no need to be domineering. She kept her head held high though as not to confuse her neutral standing as submitting. He stated his relief that it was that and not something happening to the rightful queen. "I agree" the dark woman replied with a smile of her own. She was glad that Namid hadn't slipped back into the darkness. Moon couldn't imagine what would happen if her queen fell back.

Before she could formulate any other questions the man before her asked if shed allow him to rejoin. Fallen Tree Cove was a place for second chances and if Namid originally accepted him then who was she to turn him away? There were just a few things that needed to be brought up before she could give her answer. "How could I allow someone entry to my home if I dont even know their name?" Her tone wasn't condescending in the slightest. It was more humorous as she held her smile.

Word Count: 200
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart

It seemed that Moonshadow was as pleased with the idea that Namid hadn't had anything bad happen to her and this made Solas a little more certain that he and the wolf before him would likely get along. If all the other wolves in the pack were like her then he figured that they would all get along fine. That is if he managed to introduce himself this time around.

Speaking of introducing himself she pointed out that he had failed to even offer his name on there meeting and he instantly became embarrassed with his ears flattened against his skull he gave a slightly sheepish grin. I suppose you couldn't. He responded back before he went on to introduce himself. My names Solas Coldheart.

With his name being said he wondered if that was all she would need to let him back into the pack or if she was going to keep going with the questions now that she had started. He was aware that asking to rejoin wasn't the best way to go because she might begin to question why he had left in the first place and if he might up and leave again. But he had a good reason to have been away and if she asked he would give her all the answers she wanted.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The dark woman didnt fault him for not introducing himself. She could see that he had been more concerned with Namids wellbeing, which proved he at least cared for part of her family. The dark male introduced himself as Solas Coldheart. The name didnt ring a bell just as his appearance hadn't either. "Its nice to meet ya Solas" she replied with a dip of her head.

Namid had allowed him to join originally, and the pack believed in second chances, so the Eastfall woman would follow suit. "I will allow ya to come back for Fallen Tree Cove believes in second chances". Moon moved towards him. She brushed her pelt against his to mark him as theirs once more. Coming back around to face him she smiled once more. "Welcome home. Now that you're back I am curious as to what took ya from us". Had it been a hunt like her husband? The weather like her? Or maybe he had been taken like Des? The mother hoped it wasnt the last one.

Word Count: 000
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart

Moonshadow didn't react when he said his name and hadn't stared when they meet. Maybe she hadn't met his father then or heard of him. In truth, Solas was glad, because even though he had come to terms with his father's death he still didn't want to be compared to the man all the time. Even if he had been a good member to them. She greeted him as she dipped her head and Solas returned the gesture. It's nice to meet you to.

She then agreed to let him back into the Cove and Solas felt a happy grin spread across his face. He held still as she brushed against him, marking him as a member. Now he would have a chance to pick up the slack from the time he was gone. His first priority, however, would be to meet the other wolves that he would be sharing his home with. He hadn't had a chance the last time but now he was itching to do so. He also hoped that maybe one of them could teach him a thing or two he didn't know already. Moonshadow went on to ask him why he had gone and the story fell easily from Solas's lips.

I went on a hunting trip. He began. While I was searching for something to bring back I found an injured wolf named Raizer. He had twisted his leg in a hole and couldn't walk without help. He convinced me to take him back to his pack instead of to the Cove because he said it was nearby. Solas let out a snort of disgust. His pack ended up being at least a week away and then some. When we arrived he passed out so when the Alphas arrived they thought I had injured him. They essentially took me, hostage, until Raizer explained what had happened which took a while because he had a fever and was delirious for a time. They let me leave a couple of weeks ago and it took me that long to find my way back. So that's why I didn't return. Solas finished with a shrug as he finished. He glanced to Moonshadow to think of what she thought of his story.