(See All?) Announcements
554 Users Online
Bing, Google

changing your colors — Sunrise Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 260 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn
Lenae was glad she liked it here. It came as a relief to hear that, in fact. Anastasia seemed nice, had good judgement so if she said she loved it here then it couldn't be too bad. She didn't seem like the sort of wolf to sugar coat things to put Lenae at ease, sometimes the truth-whilst harsh- was what the little Selwyn needed to hear. Even if it hurt.

When Anastasia went onto explain as to why she'd left these lands...Well, Lenae understood why she had left. Change was hard and sometimes the urge to run away from your problems was too hard to resist. Like a lonely voice calling out in the night.Still, as understandable as Ana's situation seemed to be there was one thing that caught Leane's attention. He. She'd mentioned travelling with a friend, so who this individual was wasn't in question.

It was simply that...A frown tugged at her lips and she stepped closer to give her a supportive nose boop- hopefully Anastasia wouldn't mind, or think her too bold.

"Is he still different now? Are...Are you okay?"

Maybe she was prying too much, delving into issues that weren't her own but Lenae simply couldn't not care. That was her problem,she had too much heart. Even when it came to those she didn't know too well.

But yes, she would hold onto Piety and follow her to the end of the world if she had to. Anything for the dove and her family, who were-sort of- her family now? They had so kindly welcomed her into the fold, it would be rude to not see them as such. But as much as it warmed her heart to know they care it still hurt to think that she was almost replacing the family she had lost. Like they didn't matter to her anymore. Which wasn't the case, not at all.

"I will, I promise."She said, nodding along.
[Image: 1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbtdg8v.png]
[Image: cwt.png]

Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Never had the Wildwood been anything less than perfect but it had been her own fear that had driven her out the second time and nature having ousted her the first. Anastasia simply wanted to be happy but it was hard to be happy when there was so much change. Even now she could feel the urge to run and disappear – knowing that Lachesis had his own life now and that she, in her own opinion, didn’t really have a spot in it. At least not the spot that she wanted.  “He’s different, yeah…” it was painful to say and admit but she wasn’t going to ruin it and be selfish, “I’ll be OK. I’ll just have to be different, too.” 

For her best friend to have a mate and two young girls, it certainly made her presence in the River seem bleak and mild comparatively. Anastasia had so little to offer the father and husband, and after all that she had likely put him through she felt like she deserved it. That she had done something so terrible that it was only fair that he move on and find happiness in someone that wasn’t her. Anastasia would simply have to believe that happiness would find her again and that she would be a respected member of the Wildwood once more. Perhaps she could find some more friends that would look at her and see an ally worth having around.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn

Anastasia didn't sound so sure, and honestly that worried Lenae.

She didn't know this woman all that well, but even so the last thing she wanted was for her to experience heartbreak. Aside from travelling back in time and erasing her past choices, there wasn't much that could be done about the current situation. Whether it hurt or not, she would have to adapt if she wanted to remain in her friends company. As easy at that sounded, the Selwyn knew that wasn't the case. Nothing was ever as easy as that. Anastasia surely wouldn't be so troubled if it was.

Lenae assumed she had never met the man. After all, it wasn't like she had the habit of running around saying hello to every man she met. Perhaps she would,one day, and then she could see what Anastasia saw in him. Would he be tall and rugged, to juxtapose his apparently wonderful personality? Or would he be small and nondescript, only to have a kind heart that was as warm as the sun?

Whatever, or whoever he was, Lenae truly believed he was something, someone worthy of calling a friend. Worthy of Anastasia's devotion. She was jealous, almost. As much as she adored Piety and Wraith, she wished she had more friends like that. People who truly meant to the world to her, those she could trust with her life. Perhaps in time she would...but for now Lenae would continue to be cautious and flighty, just in case she stumbled upon the wrong sort of person once again.

"I truly hope it works out."She told her, a little smile dawning on her features."If he's as wonderful as you say ,I know he'll appreciate your effort. It won't be like old times, but it might be even better!"

Here's to hoping anyway.

She glanced up at the sky and the passage of time dawned on her, oh no. Why did time always fly when she was having fun?

"It was lovely meeting you, I do hope things work out...But I ought to start heading back...I don't like being out when it's dark. Silly, I know but I'm a wimp."She shrugged, more than a little sheepish.

Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Lachesis had always been everything to the pale dove as he had been through most everything that had happened to her here. It was him that had supported her when she had led the packs and him who was there when she had gotten separated. Yet, she knew that her intentional leave could only be her fault. What her newfound friend relayed was almost exactly what Anastasia needed to hear. That things might be different but it might even be better and Ana sure did hope that it would be. She needed him in her life even if there was someone that had taken the life that she had wanted. "I think you're right, Everly." Because Anastasia didn't have the heart to believe anything differently.

There was some small disappointment in hearing that Everly wanted to get back to home before it got too dark. Though, Ana would not have pegged her for a wimp but rather being cautious and safe. "Of course. Safe travels, Everly! I hope to see you again." One of the first few people that she had met upon her return and already she hoped that that was a good sign. That maybe she could make more friends and become an integral part of the Lore again. Maybe... either way, Anastasia smiled and retreated in the hopes of finding some solace in the darkness while avoiding getting lost or running off.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn
Archived <3

Lenae couldn't help but wiggle with glee when Anastasia agreed with her. She had intended for her words to make her new friend feel better and from what she could tell they had worked! The past was such a terribly sad place, Lenae knew that better than most, but that wasn't to say the future couldn't be better.

She was even more happy to hear that Ana hoped to see her again. It wasn't every day that someone was so nice to her, this was such a special occasion, one she wouldn't forget anytime soon!

"See you!"Lenae cheered, bouncing on her feet a little, her tail swishing this way and that, as she turned and trotted off the way she had come.

See, this place wasn't so bad. She had nothing to fear. All-if not most- of the wolves here had been so kind and forgiving of her cowardly nature. Aside from the few worried glances no one had mad a fuss about how flighty she was, they were all so...Lenae couldn't help but feel undeserving, unworthy really. But she hoped she would one day by brave and strong enough to show them how far she had come.

For now, she bounded back to the Lowlands. Once she got back to the Monadnock she would tell Piety about the pretty white she-wolf she had met.And the friend she had found in her.

Fade