(See All?) Announcements
535 Users Online
Google, Bing, Finley, Adora

bullseye — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ray who has 36 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Meletē "Muses Synesthesia"
She travelled steadily until she could go no further, too weary to try and make it over another mountain range. This was, as her fate decided, where she would rest. From what she had seen, the lands were well populated. She had passed strong pack scents but had never thought to investigate further; the idea made her anxious. No more than a stranger of the lands, she was at a disadvantage. It was by mere coincidence that she was swift, with significant more fortitude than others she had encountered. After all, she had been on the run for several weeks, only now showing signs of stopping.

Among the rocks, she blended in well. A wolf built for mountainous settings, she would have fared far better to cross the pass than most others, but dared not go it alone. Her forward journey therefore came to an end, and she was forced to turn back at the falls. Mercifully, it was mid-day, affording her a moment to take a break, and lap at the cool, swirling waters. The immediate area was too open for her liking, but to the northwest there was a forest that she could likely take refuge in.

Sighing deeply, the winter wolf shook her heavy coat out, trying to rid the whirring thoughts that occupied her mind. What she needed now was reprieve from the thoughts and fear, a moment to relax and look around. She had made it out just fine, and things could only get better from here on out.
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Breeding season was the last time he'd left the cove on a longer adventure. He'd been in such a protective place since his return and everything that had happened. He was alpha now and knew he really shouldn't but after his constant border patrols to make sure everything was as it should he'd come to a conclusion. Perhaps getting out away from Fallen Tree Cove was what he needed. The alpha role was new to him and he didn't know how long it would be his. He wanted to do well in it no matter how long he had it.

After leaving word with Moonshadow that he was going to be going for a short journey he set out. His paws carried him further from Fallen Tree Cove and as he got further that familiar freeing feeling came over him. Traveling down off the mountain the thought that he should have brought his godson crossed his mind but he wasn't sure Moonshadow would have allowed it.

He'd been traveling most of the day without stopping which was starting to wear on him and he'd become thirsty. It was his luck he came to a place where he could hear falling water. As he neared the water the scent of another wolf, a female was in the air. When the water came into view the pale figure of the female did as well. He spared her a glance and a, “Hello,” before moving to the water to take his drink.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive I. Leader
She raised her head, eyes locking onto a stranger who spared her a short greeting. Lips curving into a shy smile, she saluted the male with her tail, head canting slightly. "Hello," Muses returned, her tone gentle and posture demure. It felt strange to use her voice – as if it was parched, although she had only just drunk. She ran a salmon tongue over her lips, a hitch of hesitation interrupting her speech.

"Are you from here?" She gestured with her muzzle to indicate their immediate area. As a wanderer, she was always worried about trespassing accidentally. Trying to decipher border scents was a new thing to her, although she was learning quickly.

She rather liked the area, and felt safe enclosed by forests and mountain peaks. There was water and food here, which gave her hope. Perhaps in due time, she would be able to travel across the mountains. Even stopping at the world from the very top would be enough, Muses thought. She just had to know, to find out some day.
(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2017, 12:03 AM by Muses.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The dark alpha kept an ear on the female as he took in his drink. The water was cool as it went down, exactly what he needed after traveling so far. When he'd gotten his fill he turned toward the female and took in her appearance. She’d returned his greeting which he felt showed friendliness. It didn’t take his guard down completely but he didn't feel threatened. She seemed the age he had been when he first came to the lore, how old Moonshadow had been when he'd brought her to the cove.

“No, I'm from the mountain,” he told her offering a small smile. “And what about you? Are you from here?” He didn't think so but it was possible since he'd never been to this place. The dark alpha sat back on his haunches as he continued to study the girl. It had been a long time since he'd done this as well.

“This is quite the place,” he commented as he glanced around, “I particularly like the falls. Such a calming effect don't you think?” With so many worries that had fallen on his shoulders recently it was nice to have a chance where he didn't have to think about them. A moment to get away and rest his mind for a bit before returning to it all.

Inactive I. Leader
Her pale gaze shifted to the mountain in the background, and back to the dark cloaked male. She had never seen a wolf with saturated fur before she had left home, and it was still mildly shocking to see. To associate him with a mountain wolf seemed almost impossible to her, but she had come to learn that many things were different from the world she had grown up in.

"I am a traveller from afar, from the northern mountains." The journey had been far, but worth it, she hoped. Looking around, she could not help but think she could get used to this place. "I agree." Muses inhaled slowly, deeply drinking in their surroundings. If she could not live on a mountain, then she was perfectly content to keep it within eyesight.

"I thought perhaps I would set up camp out here for a while, for there's plenty of forrest surrounding the falls." She offered, wondering if he might let her know of any immediate dangers. Having spent so long traveling, it was an earnest hope to rest her weary paws a while. Perhaps spending a couple days in one place would do her some good, allowing her to recharge.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The mountain was his home now and had been for two years now and so much had happened there. Despite all if that he had Moonshadow, Lunette, and Chan there. They were what kept him from leaving no matter the bad memories. There were still good ones too but it was starting to feel so different now. Vespertio stepping down and Namid off looking for her children. He did hope she would find them but it had been so long.

The girl in front of him was from a mountain too which brought another smile to his face. “Then I must recommend that you explore the mountain.” He said as he watched her gaze drift to the direction of where his home lay. She too liked the place they both still found themselves in. He gave a nod as she spoke of setting up camp by the falls. “If you've been traveling far then it might be a good idea to rest. While this is my first visit to this part of the lore it seems a good place to recuperate from a long journey.”

Speaking with her brought him back to when he was in the same place as she was now. New to the lore and a loner trying to find her place. It seemed so far away now. “I'm Kajika Tallis, Alpha of Fallen Tree Cove. My apologies for not introducing myself right away.” It wasn't often that he forgot the simple act of introductions. He thought that the girl might like to know who she was speaking with. Being new it was comforting to know you knew at least one wolf, for him it had been Raela and Gent.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive I. Leader
It had been a long time since she had crossed a mountain range magnificent as such. The snow capped peaks seemed to call out to her, a siren's song that she could not tear herself away from. "I have no specific agenda." She admitted sheepishly, wondering if many wolves had the opportunity to find a place to call home within her lifetime. "Actually, I haven't really figured out where I'm going." All she knew was that she had to go, as far east as it took to escape the damned past. But from here, she could no longer see it's hazy outline, feel it's ominous shadow.

The other, who introduced himself as Alpha of a presumably nearby pack, seemed to think highly of the area, so she considered his recommendation graciously. "I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with such an impression of the land." And if the other beasts in the area were friendly, then she could even hope to relax, and let her guard down for a bit. "It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kajika Tallis." The name felt strange in her mouth, awkward to pronounce for her, and unlike anything she had ever heard. Of course, her family had a different way of speaking; more antiquated and formal.

"My name is Muses... Synesthesia." Within her family, surnames were not necessary. Growing up, she had never known that there was a world beyond the mountain she lived on. There were so many wolves and societies existed, it seemed to make her feel almost agoraphobic. She had only come up with a pseudo-surname in order to fit in better, though it felt false and uncomfortable. "I hope I have not strayed too close to your family's home." Uninvited strangers were rarely welcome, and she had been chased off a couple times. Turning her ears slightly, she thought she caught scent of something different, heard something moving by. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw an outline, but hesitated to move, worried that she might offend the ranked wolf.
(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2017, 01:15 AM by Muses.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

“Well it can be hard to have a plan when you're new to a place. It was the same for me when I came to the lore. All I wanted was to help others and try and be a better wolf than my family.” He shared this with her in hopes of showing her that he understood her situation. He of course wouldn't pry as he still didn't like sharing the reason he'd left his brother pack. “A little time and rest will make things more clear for you.” Being a loner wasn't easy and there had been plenty of times when he'd had to stop and take some time to think over his situation and what was to be done about it.

He gave a short laugh, “I have actually had to grow accustomed to the mountain. It took some time if I am honest. I like you came to the lore from another land, a forested land like this,” he gestured to the forest around them. “But I have come to live the mountain and have formed a family there who mean very much to me.” Kajika also knew if it had not been for Des he may have never made his home on the mountain but instead might have found himself under Raela and Gents rule instead. He wouldn't change how he'd ended up in Fallen tree Cove for if he did he may never had met Des. He offered a grin and a dip of his head as she spoke, “The pleasure is all mine.”

“I am pleased to make your acquaintance as well Muses and I do hope this is not the last time we meet.” He liked the girl, she was kind and friendly. He shook his head when she spoke of straying too close to his home. “You don't have to worry about that. My pack is at least a day's journey from here. In fact as far as I know there aren't any packs close by here but it doesn't hurt to keep a look out.” It was a small warning for her own safety but possibly an unnecessary one. However, Des's killer and Moonshadow's attacker we're still on the loose. In fact he wouldn't mind dragging the girl home with him to make sure she stayed safe just as he had with Moonshadow and Anaia.

Inactive I. Leader
A proclamation of his goals sent a chill down her spine. They seemed very much the same, from what little of the stranger she knew already. It was enough to put her at ease, relieved to find that the wolves of this area were not so different after all. "A safe home for your family is what's most important." She smiled, dipping her head knowingly. As a lone wolf, she understood it would be difficult to integrate, for she knew only of family groups that rarely let others in. It seemed the most appropriate way to defend what was precious.

"Ah, don't let me keep you too long from your duties." She replied, upon learning that Kajika's pack was a day's journey away. A leader's patrol could certainly extend several days beyond the main territory, to ensure that there was enough prey for the pack, but it was odd to see him go at it alone. An entourage of no less than several seasoned scouts would have gone with her own father.

"Thank you kindly for the advice. I have been very fortunate in my travels, for which I thank the gods." She gushed sincerely, knowing how lucky it was to have arrived in this very place from her former home in good health. "There was nothing unusual that I noticed traveling through the nearby forests." Muses attempted to offer what little information she could, hoping that the wolf could find it useful. She could not help but notice the not of warning in his tone, which made her tense momentarily. "Luckily with my coat, I look much bigger than I am." Mostly fluff with little other substance behind her dense cloak, she did not appear as slender as she truly was. For that reason, she relied on speed, and her exceptional talent for running seemingly endlessly.