Bing, Google

all the sky is filling with light — Antler Ring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Where have all the good guys gone?
Odin Archer

That she was worried it may be the same in other places caused his nose to wrinkle in distaste. Even Torbine, with its massive expanses, hadn't seemed restrictive to the yearling despite their more lawful leaning tendencies. That someone might think to set their children up for failure by denying them the realities of existence... well, he supposed even Cyril was a lot softer than he and his sister had been at that age, by now they would have been half-way to Willow Ridge and had already encountered strange wolves and stranger landscapes.

To his surprise, she decided to play along with him, regaling tales of bone piled alters soaked in blood. When her voice lowered to a whisper he took the opportunity to lean in closer, struggling to contain his smirk as she declared that she was to be a sacrifice before she ran away. He surprised himself with how serious his voice managed to sound, though he couldn't keep the mirth from dancing within his eye, "Do you think they're still after you now?" He feigned a glance over the shoulder that rested between them as though he was checking for hidden foes in the failing light. "There's a forest of bones at the bottom of the mountain, they might just think it good enough if they catch you here..." He paused for a moment, wondering if he dared... of course he did, and he continued with a playful smirk. "Be far safer t' come north with me?" It was an invitation. She was growing on him.

[Image: sigodincheeb_by_becuffin-dahhpv8.png]
Played by Van who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Kip snorted in somewhat of a charmed amusement when Odin went right along with her ridiculous little story of altars and blood and malignant wolves. "Can never be sure," she toyed back, her voice rising slightly in pitch when she realized she didn't have to try so hard to be tough around this one. "They come around when it's least expected. And they're big - bigger even than you. There's no fighting them."

Mirth danced in her own eyes when he mentioned coming up north, and she hummed lightly, as though to give it some thought. "Tempting, but now that you've mentioned the forest of bones, I simply must explore. Surely you understand." She leaned away, her tail still swaying at a content, playful pace behind her. "Tell you what, though. If I'm not sacrificed, and if I come back up here again, I'll come visit. Assuming the wolves on that sparkly rock don't try and bite my head off. That alright with you?" Seafoam eyes flicked up to meet his one orange, and her head tipped lightly to the side. She still wasn't thinking of joining a pack at that point - simply making friends or enemies. But maybe, if there ever came a right time, she could be convinced.

I'm so sorry for the wait Becu!
Played by becuffin who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Where have all the good guys gone?
Odin Archer

An easy amused smirk had settled on Odin's face as she described wolves that were bigger than he was. He knew they were out there but they weren't the ones that bothered him, it was the smaller ones that could be problematic, like the girl that scratched out his eye. Smaller usually meant faster and he knew that was where he would fall down every time. "Is that so Little Lady?" He was teasing her now, while playing along with her game. No point wasting good company since it quickly became evident she wouldn't be taking him up on his offer, at least not right away.

It didn't change his good-natured smile, he knew the desire to explore well enough. "Yeah, I guess I can handle that, Wraith an Piety are softies, if yer stop an' let us know yer there they aren't likely ter try an' eat ya." But now that he was speaking of the leaders, he knew it was time to start heading home. "I guess I'll see yer soon then?" He offered instead of farewell, turning towards the north and back towards the monadnock.

Thread fade
(This post was last modified: Nov 04, 2017, 04:44 AM by Odin.)
[Image: sigodincheeb_by_becuffin-dahhpv8.png]