703 Users Online
Google, Bing

What's your poison? — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Marisol
All welcome!

Considering she'd spent all that time and effort digging that damn den, you'd think that she'd, you know, use it. That had been the plan at the time and she did intend on returning to it some time or another. But simply put, Marisol had a bad case of itchy paws. Even when she'd been living with her Mamma, their little family group hadn't stayed in one place too long. They had no territory of their own, no land claimed as theirs. They went wherever Mamma wanted to go and never really questioned it.

In hindsight, Mari realised that Mamma had been right all along, that she was far smarter than she'd ever given her credit. Bad things only happened if you stayed in one place and got lazy and complacent.  

Mari should have remembered that lesson when she joined Maidens Fair. But of course she didn't, and why would she? Tallie was so pretty, cute and funny, she made it seem as though Mari had it wrong all wrong. That the Fair was a place she could've called home, for now and forever. But feelings were fickle things and well, it got real messy, painful, and Mari ditched that joint just as quickly as Tallie ditched her.

Then there was Raiders Steppe and well, that was a whole 'nother sort of shit show.

Mari huffed as she brushed her way through the purple and green foliage. She'd never seen these sort of flowers before, but honestly pretty plants were the last thing on her mind.She was-clearly- in one of her broody moods and she'd be damned if she'd let some scenery lighten her mood anytime soon. Cause come on, who was she? Some swooning damsel who stopped to smell the flowers at every chance she got? Tccht, waste of damn time.
[Image: marisol_reyes_by_loccian_love-dc6n2r7.png]
Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
hello! :) hope ya dont mind me plopping the fluff ball in

In the days since meeting Muses, the cove pup began to wonder more about what's out in the world. He spent more time past the borders than his mother would have liked. Today he had found an old worn path that reminded him of the one that led from the communal den to the lake. Did wolves used to live here? Or maybe it was prey that had worn the earth away. Either would be a wonderful discovery for the boy. 

Rust colored paws walked the worn path with no particular destination in mind. Mismatched eyes took in the bright colors of the flowers that grew around him. They were all so pretty,maybe he'd pick some and bring them home to his mama, surely she'd like them.

Chan was blissfully unaware of his surroundings and what or whom ever were in them. Being sheltered and an only pup he never had to worry about anything sneaking up on him. With that he had no idea there was another nearby. He was upwind from them and simply thought the sounds around him were made by rabbits or deer or any other herbivore in the area.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive No Rank
Marisol
Marisol heard the pup long before she saw him. Sheltered, spoiled little brat had no need to worry about the world around him. He stomped about like he owned the place, even though Mari had made sure she wasn't stepping on anyone's toes. When she'd been little, she could distinctly remember the shadow of her brother lingering in the background, making sure they didn't get into trouble. Or eaten.

But this guy? Mari hadn't even met the pup, but she was already rolling her eyes. She was not in the mood to play nice with some prince or princess of a pack she'd never even heard of before. Respect was earned, not given and this little cretin was gonna learn that the hard way if they rubbed her wrong.

Stepping out into his path, so there was no way he could miss him, she observed the runt with a grimace. Just as she thought, a little pup exploring the world without a care. Weren't that sweet? Tccht. To some, maybe. But to her, she saw nothing but a reminder of the mistakes her loved ones had made.

"Oi, go home niño." She weren't no kiddie lover, but she weren't threatening the kid either. Yet, anywho. "This place ain't for you."

She offered no explanation as to what she meant but, she was curious to see what he would say? Would he throw a puppy tantrum? Was she gonna have to get a little more tough?
Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
His nose was to the ground as he took in all the new scents. A crunching sound caught his attention as he looked up. Mismatched eyes saw a stranger that looked like Kajika but had eyes like his mama. The stranger spoke with a strange accent. 

"Oi, go home niño."

Confusion was written all over his face. Not because this lady was telling him to go home, but because she had called him a strange word. He couldn't respond right away however for she continued to tell him this place wasn't for him. He wondered why but he wanted to know what that strange word was more. 

"What's a ni-ño?" He asked with genuine curiosity as he did his best to repeat the syllables. Maybe this dark lady would be wonderfully nice like Muses. He hadn't met any other strangers in his short life so all he had to go off of was Muses. She had been incredibly kind and fun and everyone in his family was nice too, so that had to mean that everyone was right? Never would he imagine someone to be anything else. 
Inactive No Rank
Marisol
Mari couldn't help but groan.

She should have expected it really. Speaking in her Mamma's language tended to attract all sorts of questions. And the fact that he was a pup meant that he didn't yet have the smarts to realise that wasn't the thing to do...Well that wasn't exactly true. Plenty of adults had asked her dumb questions too, so maybe this was a problem endemic to this area.

Something genetic perhaps? Like eye or fur colour?

She snorted, then peered down at the tawny sprog, intending to teach him a quick lesson before she shooed him off on his way.

"Niño." She corrected, grimacing at his pronunciation, like he'd just farted in her face. Or something equally as grotesque. "It means boy, aka you."

There, lesson over. She was done and ready to call it a day. Seeing as so few-if any- wolves around here spoke her Mamma's language, she didn't see why she should,or even want to, make the effort to pass it on. For all they knew, she was speaking gibberish just to screw with them. She'd heard that line plenty of times before and she knew that she'd hear it again sometime soon. But that was okay. Her language was like her weapon, best way to slag someone off without getting into real trouble over it. And oh, all the colourful things she called them.

It'd never get boring, of that she was sure.

"Now vamoose! Go return to your perfect family in your perfect pack."She sneered, not bothering to hide her disapproval.
(This post was last modified: Sep 12, 2017, 11:05 PM by Marisol.)
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Oh no no no. This lady wasn't anything like Muses. He had done his best to repeat the words just as she had said them but she still corrected him and even grimaced as if she ate a bug. His ears flicked back as if to apologize for his mispronunciation. The dark woman then said what it meant - boy, as in him. 

"Oh" he replied sensing something was off.  He couldn't pin point exactly what but there was something. The boy got a feeling that this lady didnt want to deal with him. 

Well why step in my path? 

His ears perked again as she spike yet another weird word. Vamoose. He wanted to ask what that meant too but he wasn't dumb. She hadn't been nice about the first word so why would she for the second? He decided that he would just ask Kajika, he surely would know. 

"Why?" He asked. Why did he have to leave and go home? Not having any other examples of family he didnt know how far from perfect his family and pack were. Sure in his eyes they were but to someone with more world experience, not so much. The child wasn't trying to be defiant, he just wanted to know a reason for why she was telling him to leave. 
Inactive No Rank
Marisol
Ah jeeze.

This was another reason as to why she didn't like kids. Those big sad eyes, all forlorn and miserable like she'd just rained on his parade. Yeah, maybe she was being tough on the little man. But it was a good lesson to learn, outside the safe, invisible walls of his home was a nasty, cruel place. The sooner he understood and accepted that, the easier things would be.

Or at least that's how she saw it. Cynical to the end.

She sighed, and honestly half considered ignoring his question in exchange for pushing him in the general direction of that'this is ours, stay away' scent. But again, Marisol was many things, but she didn't go out of her way to make kids cry. Didn't steal their toys and laugh as they got all teary eyed. It was one thing warning a kid of danger and another of shoving them face first into it.

Also, she was pretty sure his parents wouldn't appreciate her man handling their boy. As mouthy as she was, even she wasn't sure she could bitch her way out of that sort of situation.

"Cause if your parents see you talking to me, a stranger, they'll get all pissy and start having a go at me. I ain't in the mood for that. I haven't done anything wrong, now have I?" She paused, as her tail swished behind her. At this rate she was working up into a big speech. An on the spot life lesson. "It's not safe out here for you, kid. There's nasty people out here, people who'd wanna hurt you if they got the chance. So you be smart and don't give them that chance. Comprende?"
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
His mama wouldn't 'have a go' at her. Why would she do that? The dark lady wasnt being that mean. "No" the pup replied quietly to her asking if she had done anything wrong. They were just talking right? His mismatched widened as she spoke of how others would want to hurt him and would if given the chance. He was baffled, why would anyone wanna do that?

"But why? If haven't done nuthin' to anyone." With little life experience Chan just couldn't imagine someone doing that. His young mind raced as he tried to grasp this concept. Sure thanks to this woman he was shown that not everyone was going to be as kind and friendly Muses. But just out right hurting him? That he couldn't seem to accept. Little did he know she was right and that everyone in his family would tell him the same thing. Thats why Lunette had a notch in her ear, why his dad had only one eye, why his mama had the scars she had, and why he was an only child. There was still so much the young Eastfall had to learn.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Marisol
mari has a potty mouth, though tbh she always does.  
Marisol would have lamented that this was like speaking to a child...but that's exactly what she was doing. It wasn't his fault-per se- that he didn't know how the world worked. She supposed that a few years ago she had once been just as ignorant and naive as this little critter. Maybe not as stupid, because come on, she was a loner pup she had her wits about her. Sometimes.  But either way, the final point remained more or less the same.

The fault fell squarely upon his parent's shoulders.

Yeah, they might have loved and fed him enough, but if he didn't know-or at least have a vague idea- of how the world worked, then if anything happened to him it'd be their own damn fault. If they expected him to remain safe within the borders then they were damn tontos. All manner of things could go wrong. A bear-naked or otherwise- could wander into the lands and slaughter them all. Then what would the kid do? Cry for his Mamma?

"Tcccht. That don't matter, a lot of people are sick as fuck kid. They might hurt you cause they like it, cause it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Like I said, it don't matter in the end. You gotta start lookin't out for yourself kid, being more smart. Think."