Someplace where no-one knows my name — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Moving up to November
You were the girl with the blazing heart on fire
Treyah Tainn

Her stress levels were on the rise day by day, and somewhere deep down she knew it wasn't right for a yearling to look so haggard, and worn. But her brother had taken to wandering past the boundaries of their home, the youngest, not at all the one she expected. When she could, she hovered close, biting her tongue as he attempted to hide the young girl he had bumped into and otherwise watching from afar as he struck out on his own to explore the lands that surrounded the Draw. She shouldn't feel this anxiety about leaving him unattended. After all it had been proven time and time again that they were the only wolves that walked the wildwood... and it would probably be their downfall.

Charred trees had given way to new growth, the dogwood, ash and spruce giving way to marshy meadows lined with long grass. She sighed as her eyes roved over the open expanse, suddenly realising that her summer had been wasted chasing her mother when it could have been spent exploring, recruiting, hunting, and making new friends instead of raising her siblings and trying to hold everything together at the seams. Why did it matter so much to her that they stayed when everyone else had left? Throwing herself to the cool ground with a huff she paused for a moment, torn between turning back to the trees where her home was, and to just keep going without daring to look back.

(This post was last modified: Nov 13, 2017, 11:01 PM by Treyah.)
[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
@Treyah  I was horrible at replying in our old thread. Here's to hoping its better this time :D
i don't even know if i believe
Aurora Thanne

She should have been gone from Whisper Marsh by now. Her scent was pungent of the land and yet, she'd grown too comfortable to desert it. Becoming comfortable had its perks and its cons, for starters since she'd sought refuge in these lands she had grown accustomed to the prime hunting spots and had learned the pattern of her prey; her hunting skills had improved. It also had its drawbacks, like how frequently she ran into her cougar adversary or how easily her prey was stolen by the random coyotes that knew she was alone and much too frail to defend her meals, it was only then when she considered moving on but comfort kept her grounded for a few more days, at least until she knew where she wanted to disappear to.

She was busy scouting for nothing in particular but everything at the same time and came across a smell that made her pause in stride, sniff the air strong and hard, and realize how familiar this scent was. She followed it, curiosity and familiarity getting the best of her, and saw the large and imposing body she was expecting to see lying in a heap of balled up sadness. She approached with caution but excitement was evident in the wag of her pale tail.  "Treyah, are you okay?" she asked, concerned riddled over her face and evident in her almond eyes. She supposed something awful had to have happened.

(This post was last modified: Nov 13, 2017, 06:53 AM by Rory.)
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
you were the girl with a blazing heart on fire
Treyah Tainn

She was dragged from her moping by a familiar voice, her head lifting with a smile while her tail thumped the dirt. Were it a stranger that approached, she would have stood up, but she doubted an attack would come from someone she not only knew, but who had gone so far as to draw attention to herself. "Rory!" She responded brightly, then somewhat more childishly and carefree added, "You found me!" As though the weeks that stretched between their last encounter were little more than a game of hide and seek.

There was a tightness that came to her face as she considered the later part of the woman's greeting, a tip of her head indicating that the pale wolf should make herself comfortable, she even managed a dry chuckle, "Well, I'm the leader now! My mother vanished and Maera isn't well. One of the pups is missing and it feels like I'm drowning right now..." So she had come out here, for one desperate gulp of air to tide her over, "But! I'll be okay, it's just taking some getting used to." She didn't want to prattle on about herself for too long though, "How about you?" She was still too thin, that much the Tainn could determine with a glance.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Aurora Thanne

Her ears perked unexpectedly when Treyah spoke, but a smile spread the length of her jaws when she realized that the woman was merely excited to see her; an expression she was not used to. She hadn't been looking for the tawny woman in particular but given the instructions to find her pack, she wasn't that surprised to have run into her, if it had been a bit sooner she could have helped her adjust to the many changes she was facing but Rory was always last to the party. "I'm glad I did find you, sounds like a lot happened." she started off, looking to her paws and then back to the warm eyes of her company with another smile in hopes that it would comfort her. "I'm sorry, is there anything I can do to help?"

There weren't many opportunities to lend her assistance and she felt a bit of pride being able to offer herself when her friend obviously needed her the most, but another side of her hoped that perhaps Treyah had figured things out because she wasn't entirely sure just how she would be of any assistance. She shifted in her spot when questioned about herself, her own well being, and she wondered if the young woman noticed. It was after all, an uncomfortable thing to mention that she still hadn't found a place to settle into. "I'm as well as well can be. Nothing too surprising yet...thanks for your concern though Treyah, it means a lot." she wasn't sure if the woman genuinely wanted to know how she had been since their meeting or if she was being friendly but she answered it either way for pleasantries and settled onto her haunches to level herself to talking height. She expected to here a while. "How does it feel to be a leader?" she had after all, predicted it.

(This post was last modified: Nov 14, 2017, 05:25 AM by Rory.)

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

When the white wolf asked if there was anything she could do, Treyah couldn't resist the chance to tease, "You could stick around for a while, get some meat on your bones so I have one less thing to worry about, even if it's just for the winter?" She gave a hopeful grin but shrugged to show there was no pressure, the offer was still on the table if she wanted to take it up.

When it came to deciding how best to describe leadership on the other hand, well, it was just like drowning. "Like crossing a river with a wolf on your back and just when you think you're about to run out of air you break the surface, but then you're straight back under again..." There was always more to do, border to mark, caches to fill, children to teach. "I mean, it probably wouldn't be so bad if we had a few more members but not many wolves wander this way, reckon maybe the black trees scare 'em off?"

But ah, chances were, Rory had been to places that Treyah couldn't reach in a reasonable time frame. "Don't suppose you've run across a young wolf about 6 months old? She's light brown with a dark face, her name is Lacey...?" Anything was worth a shot at this point.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Aurora Thanne

She chuckled, despite the teasing, and felt her cheeks grow red with embarrassment. She figured the woman would mention something of the like, considering how much loss she experienced there was no doubt in her mind that Treyah would want to keep those familiar close to her and nothing was closer than being pack mates. An uneasy feeling bubbled in her stomach that moved to her chest and when she felt the warmth from her cheeks begin to disappear she finally spoke, another uneasy chuckle flowing from her jaws in an effort to keep the topic light. "I'll keep the pack in mind, I promise. It's just, I'm not ready right now." she hoped that Treyah could understand and a feeling of guilt washed over her at the thought of letting her friend down but she couldn't commit to the pack, not yet anyway.

She hadn't forgotten that the tawny woman had called her skin and bones and to that a legitimate laugh burst from her jaws; she thought she was finally putting on weight. "I'm not skinny, am I?!" she asked, standing on all fours and turning around to give the girl a full view of her before settling back to her haunches. Even she couldn't continuing convincing herself that she wasn't practically starving to death but it was a true eye opener to know that others noticed it as well. She definitely needed to hunt more, and better. "I'm sure with winter around the corner you'll find plenty of wolves who wouldn't think twice to join your pack. I can only imagine how awesome of a leader you are, seriously." she assured her friend, knowing that Treyah was probably doing much better than she could even hope to do.

When questioned whether she saw the likes of a young wolf her head shook side to side, she couldn't recall having met a youngster in any of her travels, especially since she took great care in avoiding strange wolves at all costs. She hoped that whom ever she was looking for was safe, especially considering her age. "I'll keep a look out, if I see her I'll tell her you're looking for her." she only hoped to be lucky enough to find the girl alive and well, she couldn't imagine having to tell her friend that someone else she cared for had died. "lets take a walk, maybe that will keep your mind off of all this leader stuff..." and she lifted to all fours, waiting patiently for the tawny girl to do the same.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

Her responding smile when her companion said she wasn't ready was warm, she had figured as much, the marsh still a reasonable distance from the wildwood. "And no! I've seen worse of course, you're fine, I just worry, it runs in the family." She responded with a laugh. Much like her father she cared deeply and feared what might happen if she let someone slip away. There had been enough tragedy in her life already, was it any wonder she wanted to do all in her power to prevent it from happening again?

Of course she was grateful for all the help she could get. "Depending on how far she's gone she might get lost trying to find us again. I've searched the surrounding area pretty thoroughly, but pups have legs too." She gave a dramatic roll of her eyes trying to make light of the situation despite the thick, tarry anxiety that had taken up residence in her chest since the wayward child disappeared.

She pushed up onto her limbs to join the lone wolf, smiling as she bumped against the other woman's flank in silent thanks. "Yeah, who knows, maybe we'll find another deer in a tree!" She laughed. They must have made a comical sight trying to drag the last one down, but who was silly enough to pass up free food?

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Aurora Thanne

Motherly; it fit Treyah well. It was strange, considering the age difference between both girls but Rory could sense that there was nothing more real then the concern that her friend felt about her loner lifestyle and she was right to worry, with winter around the corner her well being was in even more danger. She was glad to note that although she was skinny, and rightfully so, there was no denying that she was fairing better than so many she'd come across; how was beyond her.

The walk started off slow, a good pace in order to actually take in the sights and enjoy what the territory had to offer and Rory couldn't help scoffing at the idea that they would be lucky enough to spot another deer in the trees. Speaking of, she thought she smelled the prey in the wind but held off asking the woman to participate for the sake of keeping this meeting friendly."That would be too good to be true!" she mentioned with a grin.

She was sure that Treyah had bigger things on her plate than filling her stomach, like finding her lost pack member. "I'm sure she will find her way back. Pups have a strange way of surprising you, just don't give up hope of finding her." she knew first hand that puppies were more resilient than the elders gave them credit for. They were, after all, literal sponges that mimicked what they learned.

"Do you think your mother will return too?" she wondered aloud, having remembered her mentioning that she had disappeared too. It wasn't common for adults to venture away for too long, they were after all more well equipped to handle being alone than a pup, maybe she would be returning back home with the lost pup in tow, now that would be epic.

(This post was last modified: Nov 15, 2017, 07:36 AM by Rory.)

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Apologies for any errors. Phone posts abound!

Treyah gave half a shrug to her companions final question, "Last sign of her was up on the mountain in Nomad's Pass, I thought I caught scent of my brother there too so I can only hope they are together." But the truth of the matter was, "It's not out of character for her to wander off and come back when everyone has given up on her with tales of some great tragedy. I'm sure she's fine wherever she is, but part of me..." a sharp frown pulled on the edge of her lips, "I'm starting to hope she doesn't come back. She's put us all through enough and my siblings deserve better. Dad deserves better."

Perhaps it was all the time she had spent with Aponi in Oak Tree Bend making it's way to the surface, but between Reiko, her mother, Zerxes, and now Lacey vanishing she was only holding concerns for the latter. The rest were old enough to look after themselves and if she wasn't good enough to stick around for, well, that was hardly for her to dwell on as run down as she was cleaning up the messes they left behind.

"I haven't hunted geese since their last migration," her smile was back as the distant sound of honking filled her ears. She turned to her companion with a brow raised questioningly. Was she up for it?