Bing, Nia, Google

i could use a love song — Lavender Ethos 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
@Laike only please! <3 Backdated to 8/6 after Drestig and Ade arrive
she says beauty is pain

The large sequoias were so just giant as she stared up the trunk of one particular one that she was passing. Pausing momentarily, her mismatched eyes following the bark until branches finally broke off to create the canopy above them. How could a tree be this big? Granted, she's seen them before, but from a distance. In this moment, she was side by side with one of these giant trees feeling like she was just a minuscule ant compared to the massive being besides her. It was so interesting to think how old these trees must be. Back in the lowlands, trees were sparse and tiny. Though, she's seen young trees back in her birthplace. There was one in particular that she knew was only as old as she was now and the last time she saw it, it wasn't much larger than a few inches in diameter. And this tree was longer than she was.

Amazed with her surroundings, she almost forgot Laike was with her. Turning her mismatched gaze back to him, she moved to close the distance between them with a nudge on his cheek before looking into his fiery gaze. "So where are you taking me?" She asked with a bright smile for placing a kiss on his cheek. The pale agouti male had led her away from the others, claiming to show her around. Adelayde of course knew part of his intentions and had longed for time alone with him, but she wasn't sure where exactly he was taking her. Partly, she hoped it wasn't far. The woman was tired from their long journey here, but she wasn't about to complain. She was finally with her Laike and everything was just right now. 

and there's beauty in everything
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

Everything felt alright with the tawny girl by his side. He made sure not to walk too fast so she could take in all Kingsfall had to offer. Laike wanted to make sure she was enjoying what time she had left here. He didn't know when she'd have to return home or when he'd see her again. That was something they needed to talk about but not yet...not right now. He wanted to confabulate in private for a bit. Truly soak in all the magic that was Adelayde.

"You'll see. Just a little further now." He gently bumped her shoulder as his tail swayed from her kiss. It was only a few more trees until they reached the clearing of lavender. Laike liked the place even if he hadn't been there too many times and it seemed just like the sort of place Adelayde might like.

He picked up his pace just the slightest bit to close the distance. Laike couldn't help himself from dropping to the ground with a soft thud once he had entered the clearing. "Come here?" He asked the Rye female softly with an energetic glint in his eyes. For how many times she had coaxed him into following after her it was about time he gave it a shot.

art by kydnt
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva

Her jovial smile widened as he bumped her shoulder after the kiss on his cheek she gave him moments before. Nothing could ruin her mood in this moment. She was here with her Laike in the beautiful sequoia forest with nothing to bother her. The whole trip she had been looking forward to spending time with him and finally being with him after so long apart.

As he coolly responded, she could smell it already as her mismatched eyes spotted a clearing past a few more trees. The sweetness of the flower was almost overwhelming as was the color that covered a clearing like the wild rye covered the fields. It was starkly similar to her home in the fields, though the scent was pleasant and pleasing immediately. At home it took a little while to really grow to appreciate and be fond of the rye smell.

Her pale companion sprinted ahead, though she lagged behind momentarily to really take in the beautiful clearing. A soft laugh escaped her maw as her bicolored gaze watched Laike flop and roll over in the lavender as he entered the field. “Come here?” He softly cooed to her before she moved to close the distance between them. “You won't have to ask twice, love.” She whispered with a grin forming on her ebony lips as she moved forward to close the distance between them. Stepping over his chest with one of her front legs, she reached down to give him a kiss once again before playfully nibbling at his ear, pulling it towards her chest ever so gently as a soft growl rumbled in her chest. Letting her haunches fall to the ground, she released her grip on his ear, giving it a few licks for good measure before she settled her head against one of his front legs.

"I missed you." Sighing happily, her gaze lifted to meet his fiery one.

(This post was last modified: Aug 18, 2017, 08:30 PM by Adelayde.)
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

He let her pull and chew on his ear like a child. A warm rumble deep in his chest started to build but it wasn't in any way meant to ward her off. If anything it was meant to draw in her childish like antics. A paw reaching to gently paw at her as she licked his ear. "It tickles." He smirked but he would never say it out loud.

The stocky male welcomed the long legged female's presence by his side. He gently nipped her crown at her words. "I missed you too." It was something he didn't really feel like he had to hide because it had certainly been obvious in his actions. Laike was glad to have her here right now. With everything that had been going on, she was a welcomed breath of fresh air for the second. He met her bi-colored gaze for a moment before letting out a sigh and closing his fiery eyes. "Why you gotta be so far away, Adelayde? Huh?" He teased gently moving to place a small lick on her forehead if she would let him. Even if it had been said in a teasing nature he truly had to wonder why fate had put a possible love interest far from his home. The trip wasn't unbearable by any means but he couldn't keep leaving the River's borders to go see her. Especially now with everything that had happened to Hearthwood.

art by kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva

Her antics didn't go unnoticed by him as a cream paw reached up to banter her as she continued to lick his ear before she eventually settled down next to him. It had been a while since she felt truly content and happy. This moment was pure bliss, no cares to worry about or places to be. The betas purely had time to just enjoy each other for the night. While they could. Adelayde was scheduled to leave in a day or so to continue on with their scouting trip, though she quickly shoved that to the back of her mind.

A pleasant rumble purred against her chest as he nipped at her crown and returned the same words. He did feel the same way. Deep down there was a worry that perhaps he moved on from her as the months went by since their last meeting together, but when she arrived at the borders with Drestig and he appeared with the softest smile at the sight of her, she knew it wasn't just her. They had kept their reunion private after they were dismissed.

As their gazes met, though he closed his as he sighed and asked why she had to be so. Far away. There was a teasing  in his voice, but she knew there was a truth in it as she felt the same way. They were so far away from each and duty kept them grounded. What was going to budge? Duty or love -- if that's what this turned into? She welcomed his kiss, closing her eyes for moment before eventually answering. "I wish I wasn't, trust me." She said with a light smile that was halfhearted if you paid close attention before she escaped his gaze and buried her face into the fur of his neck.

"Its been rough lately," she muttered with a sigh as she relaxed her head beneath his their muzzles parallel. "How are you? It's been so long..."

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

"I wish I wasn't, trust me."

And he was too quick to come up with a suggestion to their false light-hearted jester.

"You could come here. Live underneath the forest canopy with me. Then we could do almost whatever we wanted whenever we wanted. Wrestles, patrols, this." The idea sounded good to him. Rather crystal clear actually but that was he hadn't considered one thing; how Adelayde might feel about uprooting herself from the Rye fields. It had not crossed his mind that she might want him there or that she might protest simply moving. Why? Well, because Laike was thinking about mainly himself. The idea had been spoken with her being here in mind but everything else fazed him.

He did his best to hold her as close as possible, rather unwilling to let her go. "It's been rough here too, for the whole pack actually." Laike mused softly. "But I think I've been alright. How about you? I wanna hear how things have been in your world." His nose gently swept over her ear with care.

Talking about himself or the way he felt was never an appealing thing to Laike. He preferred to hear about others and their concerns. Truthfully, he had always been a better listener than he had been a sharer. He could talk about business things all day (patrols, orders, ranks, etc.) but more personal things flew right under his radar.

art by kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva

"You could come here. Live underneath the forest canopy with me..."

Her mouth went dry for a second as she tried to wrap her mind around what exactly he was implying. Move away from the rye fields? Just like that? Granted, she fancied the idea of spending all her time with Laike, but never imagined herself moving to the forest to him. As she simply imagined him coming to her, living with her in the Rye fields, but in the same sense would leave the River for her? All those months ago when she told him the Rye was the only family she had, did he remember that? If so, how could he suggest such a thing?

She was conflicted and unsure how she wanted to tell him how absurd her abandoning the Rye would be. "Then we could do almost whatever we wanted whenever we wanted. Wrestles, patrols, this." Oh, how all that sounded so nice and how much she truly did long to do such things with her -- crush? beloved? friend? -- Laike, she just couldn't fathom leaving the Rye.

"Leave the Rye?" Was all she could muster out as her gaze looked away from him for a moment to stare out into the lavender field. Couldn't this be easier? Why couldn't the distance between them be less or why couldn't he of found her before the River? Conflicted, all the girl wanted to do is just close her eyes and not have to think about it anymore.

It seemed the Wild Rye Fields wasn't the only pack to have misfortunes within the last few months as he answered her question. However, at least he was fairing well, though the pale man didn't elaborate much. Turning the conversation back to her, asking about how things have been for her. Sighing softly, as he caressed her ear gently, her muzzle turning to nuzzle into his pale cheek.

“It's been exhausting...” she began her eyes drifting away from his and back out to gaze towards the lavender once again. She had always been one to bottled everything in and keep from bothering anyone with her troubles. Her mother always told her to smile through the pain, don't let them see you cry. Though, she was never afraid to see another Rye wolf see weakness, however, she just out of habit kept it bottled inside. Now she was on the verge of blowing up. Just too one little shake.

How was she?” How was her world? Not good, not really good at all.

“Askan almost died and I wasn't there to help him. I pretty much led him there, telling him that his uncle was there and his uncle ended up trying to kill him. So I thought it was all my fault. Then Askan wouldn't talk to me and when I pushed him to, but it all just turned out real real bad. Though now, I think we are okay, but I can never be sure with him. Reyes and I still don't really get along and that really bugs me. There's puppies now, which is good. They are such cute kids that really help keep my mind off things. Like missing you and just feeling like something was missing from my life all the time, but I don't know how to change it.” She finally took a breath then before sighing softly, “I don't know how to change anything right now.” Her gaze then looking up to his, her heart clearly out on her paws.

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

The moment she spoke back he felt guilt claw at his stomach and up his throat. In the moment he had been selfish, forgetful even. Asking her to leave her family had been wrong of him and he saw that now. She had every right to look away from him. "Adelayde...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that of you.." Because he wasn't allowed to be happy, he wasn't allowed to have a friend and a lover in one.

He silenced himself and simply offered his gentle show of affection while she elaborated more. It seemed the Rye fields had their own series of downhill moments. The large River wolf place a soft kiss on her forehead when she was done talking. "First things first, the Askan ordeal couldn't have been your fault unless his uncle blatantly said 'Hey, I'm here to kill my nephew. Do you happen to know where he is?'. Okay? If he can't understand that then you can't make him." He could only close his lids and roll his eyes at the talk of Adelayde and Reyes still not getting along. What wasn't there to like about the chipper gal? Of course, he had never met these two and had little clue what they were like besides what he was told.

Puppies. She liked them and she was using them to distract herself from missing him. He was both flattered and a little bit worried. Were the puppies just a good distraction or was there somewhere a correlation? Laike quickly tried to shove those thoughts aside, he could worry about it later. "Things will work out Adelayde. Moving mountains to get a better view is never an easy task." Where had the poetic little saying come from? Was he getting sappy?

Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva

Perhaps one day she'd leave the rye. One day she could leave her adoptive family behind, but only when she was confident in what she was leaving them for. The Artemieva, she knew even now, was a good, honest man who has grown be a part of her in her everyday life. However, that dark pit of uncertainty loomed over their blooming relationship like a thick thunderhead above the plains. That same pit of uncertainty that seemed to always loom over the horizon of her life. Ever since the death of her parents, it took Adelayde sometime before she could trust wholeheartedly in someone and not have doubts muddling inside her mind. 

She listened silently to his apology, her head nodding softly as her tongue stuck to the roof of her mouth. The Snow woman wasn't quite ready just yet. She wasn't ready to take the future of their relationship as her top priority as she was still more loyal to her pack than the man in front of her. However, the tides were changing every day. The pull towards Laike grew stronger with every waking breath.  

Leaning into his kiss, letting herself relax into his side then as he responded her to her outburst. He was right, she shouldn't be guilty for not knowing Askan's uncle's intentions that day as if he was forward with them. Nuzzling further into his side as he told her things would work out, trying to sooth her ever worrisome mind. His poetic saying brought a soft smile onto her ebony lips as she pulled away a few inches to kiss him on his cheek. "What are you going to do with me?" She breathed with a chuckle as she joked about her overactive, worried mind. 

(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2017, 05:08 PM by Adelayde.)