Google, Bing

kill the lights — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Surprise thread for @Lachesis because of Laike's departure from HR
Also bad words. You were warned.

Oh shit. Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.

Aytigin wasn't one for high ranks. Aytigin wasn't one for responsibility. Aytigin wasn't even sure half of these wolves liked him - he believed things were still on the rocks with him and Inna, and Ris was acting so distant, and Lorcan was... Lorcan. And, well, to be honest, Ayti wasn't exactly in the best state of mind, himself. Everything had been so messed up lately, and his shoulder was only just feeling better, and now suddenly he was the second male of Hearthwood River.

Oh, shit.

The dark-pelted man had never been good at concealing his emotions, and so, as he trudged along toward Lachesis' den that morning, he was fairly sure anxiety was wafting off of him. He felt bad about it, too, because poor Lach had to be the one to deal with his constant insecurities and awkwardness. But damn it, he was trying so hard! He wanted nothing more than to do good for this pack - to be there for his new family and work his ass off daily.

It spoke volumes about his change that he was even seeking Lachesis out to talk to at all.

"Lach?" the mocha-colored wolf asked quietly, sticking his head into the den to check and see if he was in there. "You up yet?"
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The pale Artemeiva’s presence was already missed in Hearthwood. As per usual Lachesis found himself wandering in the company of the moon, his head cluttered with too many thoughts as he attempted to empty them into the night sky. It had sort of worked. By the time the morning sun crept to the horizon he felt a little better, but the weight on his shoulders was still there. Not only had he lost a valuable member of his pack but he had also lost a friend. They were still neighbours, yes, with three days worth of land stretched between them. But Lachesis knew Laike would be happier with his lady-friend. There was nothing he could have done to keep him from leaving—especially if Adelayde was not willing to leave the Rye behind. She had an obligation to the western pack, whereas Laike had been a newcomer to Hearthwood. He had made ties within the Kingswood but it did not mean he wasn’t willing to break them. Or at least stretch them.

Rays of light had begun to poke through the redwoods as he returned from his night patrol. Morning naps were something the ghost specialized in since he spent most of his nights awake. Walking; patrolling. The night was his favourite time of day. And not just because most creatures closed their weary eyes as the sun disappeared and the sky turned black.

Although that was part of the reason.

Aytigin’s voice was the first thing Lachesis heard as he returned to the dens, his ears pinned forward as his pace quickened. “Shhh,” he hushed as he approached, a frown cut across his dark lips as he motioned for the ebony male to follow him with a sharp flick of his nose. “You’ll wake the twins.” If they were even still in the den. Even timid Lavender had caught the exploring bug, although she typically remained close to the river. Lilliana on the other paw… “You should know I don’t sleep,” he added with a soft laugh, his tail giving a slow, friendly wag behind him.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Ayti's ears pressed back sheepishly when Lachesis hushed him, and the dark male followed the white one when requested. "I'm sorry," he began when he felt they were far enough away that he wouldn't disturb any sleep. "I didn't mean to, uh, be loud or anything. I was just trying to find you. I wanted to talk." Because that was how any good leader-and-second-in-command's partnership began, right? Communication?

"I, uh... now that Laike's gone..." he started awkwardly, his head and tail uncharacteristically low. "Now that Laike's gone, I know the ranks have shifted, and... well, I wanted to say that..." Spit it out, loser! "I wanted to let you know that I'm going to work really hard. I know I'm not your first choice, and that I'm only here now because that's just how the pinecone crumbled, but... well, I'm going to take it seriously. You should know by now that I'm not leaving anytime soon. Or ever, for that matter." He smiled a bit, ears flicking slightly. "I'm not going to challenge for leadership, either. I'm not interested in that shit. I'm just going to work hard to make sure that things go smoothly around here. I'll do anything you ask - just name it."

And... now he'd probably talked too much. "Sorry for rambling. I'm a little worried, if you couldn't tell," he stated blandly.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

When the ebony male announced that he had been seeking the ghost’s company ‘to talk’ XIX flicked his maw to the side to encourage Aytigin to continue. He remained quiet, his lips pulled tight as his brows knitted with confusion. Was the talkative casanova thinking of leaving Hearthwood, too? Lachesis couldn’t lose another member—not so soon after Laike. He still needed to recruit before the arrival of winter. Sucking in a breath he waited for the guardian to continue, his impatience growing…

Aytigin did not disappoint. A flurry of words dripped off his tongue, soaking into the air between them. His ears cupped forward to ensure he did not miss a single word despite them being jumbled together and flung in his direction. It did not surprise him to hear that the espresso-coloured wolf was concerned about his new role in Hearthwood. A sigh of relief escaped the older man as his companion rambled, a small, amused smile cracking his stoic features.

“Breathe, Aytigin,” he chuffed in response once the darker of the two apologized for his rant, his tail swaying gently behind him. “You’re no Laike, but there’s nobody else I’d rather have at my side. Except for Lilya, of course.” He shrugged. “It’s like being a Guardian, but with a little more responsibilities. I felt the same way when I got bumped up to second alongside Maksim. You’re going to do a fine job.” Lachesis still doubted his abilities, even now, and he had been at the helm for almost two years. It was even harder now that Kisla was gone, for he had always led alongside her, but it was easy with Lilya beside him. She made everything easier—even if they were both worry warts.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you