(See All?) Announcements
638 Users Online
Google, Bing

Fraiser playing in the background — Broken Timber Pines 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

A wide smile tugged at his lips at the girl’s comment, the corners of his eyes crinkling in amusement. He actually hadn’t minded the grumpy male’s company. Who he had coincidentally met under the cover of darkness… Huh. He blinked at the realization. Were all these wolves nocturnal, or was it just the fiery-eyed girl and her grumpy friend? And him. If this girl was a runaway too, where had she run from? And, more importantly, from what?

But unlike the inky girl, Sachiel was not one to pry. Even as his curiosity lapped hungrily at his insides, begging for release. He kept his tongue tucked between rows of ivory teeth, his ears twitching at her next question. I, uh, he started, a frown replacing his previous grin, uncertainty causing his tail to quiver, I’m not sure. That was anti-climatic. I don’t mind it here. Even with the occasional screamin’. A small laugh accompanied his words, his expression softening. But there’s still so much to see. So many colours to see! He blinked, erasing the thought from his head before asking his own question: You stayin’ here?

Not that her staying would say his decision.

Because it definitely wouldn’t.

There was still a lot he could access from the forest. The tundra, according to Diego, was within reach. The mountains were only a day or so travel west. And, apparently, there was another type of forest just north of the watering hole he had stumbled upon. Where Askan and his friends were hanging out. So this place, although it would confine the little explorer, wouldn’t be completely awful.

(This post was last modified: Nov 16, 2017, 08:41 AM by Sachiel.)
ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Played by becca who has 271 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
She wasn't upset that he didn't know. Truthfully, she couldn't even blame him. If she had that kind of freedom - which she kind of did she just ignored it - Hawthorne wasn't sure she'd know what she wanted either. In the Notch, things had been laid out so clearly for her. The borders were a good reminder of where she shouldn't go. But out here? They hadn't set up any official markings and stuff. Hawthorne wasn't even really sure if they were ever going to. Which left her pretty much free to roam.

Granted she had only left the falls once sense arriving. And that was to trail after Askan.

"Think so but," She smirked softly. "I'm not sure. I got my friends here and it might be rude to just ditch them." Especially after Reyes had been kind enough to take her in after that nasty storm.
[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9co9.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

Staying wouldn’t be a bad option. Askan, despite being a wee bit grumpy, had not been all bad. Even Hawthrone, with her dreadful orange irises, wasn’t awful to spend time with. But could he imagine himself living here, being restricted once more? It wasn’t like he would have to answer to his parents—they did not reside in the north. It would be an adjustment, especially after spending so much time on his own (and Diego). But he could make it work—if he tried.

His ears twitched as she spoke, his interest peeking. Even the inky child was not sure if she planned on staying. It made him feel a little better about being unsure. He wasn’t in a hurry to settle down, despite the days growing colder (and shorter). Settling down before winter rolled in might be a good idea, but he still had some time to make a decision. Makes sense, he mused in response, the tip of his tail flicking in agreement. You like ‘em? He asked, his mismatched gaze still focused on his creamy paws, for he dared not looking into her tangerine pools. Sachiel could already feel a headache coming on just thinking about them…

x

Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
Hawthorne never really knew why he didn't seem to look her in the face but she shrugged it off. Whatever. That was really the least of her problems mentioning she just had to chew on bark for a little back pain.

A wide smile took over her thoughtful features at the sound of his question. "Well of course I do!" Hawthorne chuckled softly. "If I didn't like them I likely would have left by now." Not really, though. She didn't know how to get back home from here (not that she would likely return) and she didn't know where else to go. Lucky for her she liked the wolves around the falls.

"What were ya doing out so late?" Like she could really be one to ask such a question.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

The girl had a point. Why stick around if she didn't like her company? Perhaps it was why she had chosen to runaway from her family. Maybe she liked this group of wolves better—but why? What made them so special?

He gave a small nod in response to show that he understood, the corners of his mouth twitching. Diego wasn’t horrible company, but Sachiel did not know if he wanted to follow him north. He wouldn’t mind continuing his adventure, for his mismatched eyes craved colours he had not yet seen. The girl’s friend had mentioned something about adventures having to end but Sachiel wasn’t so sure. Why did it have to end? Guess you’re right, he hummed with a lopsided grin, his gaze focusing on her nose as he continued to avoid the orange pools in her skull.

He shrugged at her question, an amused expression falling onto his creamy features. Couldn’t sleep. That was part of the reason. I like being out late, I guess, he added, his tail flicking behind him. It’s quieter. And so were the colours.

What about you?

(This post was last modified: Nov 18, 2017, 05:03 AM by Sachiel.)
x

Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
Had they not been sharing feelings and ideas she likely would have chimed in with a "of course I'm right!" but she bit back the urge. She could be kind and caring even if most of the time she was lively with a bit of sass. So for now she smiled and let her tail give a few thumps against the ground.

Her smile widened at his answer. When the question was flipped back onto her she had an answer ready to fire. "It's pretty out and there's usually no one is awake to stop me from doing what I want." The answer was rather cheeky really. Hawthorne never did anything worth being busted for.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

The boy nodded solemnly in agreement—it definitely was prettier out when the stars were out to play in the moonlit sky. Everything was hushed; softer. It was like being in an entirely different world, hidden away from those who preferred to sleep when the sky grew dark. Oh, how they were missing out. There was so much to see and explore without the presence of the sun. The boy also preferred the darker colours and made frequent mental notes to visit particular spots when the moon had dipped beyond the horizon. To see how the colours changed with the introduction of light. Sometimes he liked them better, but usually he did not. The less saturated colours did not make his head ache as much.

He grinned at her second comment, about no one being able to stop her. Sachiel liked that aspect, too. But, being on his own, the boy was able to do whatever he pleased—especially since he didn’t spend much time with the ashen Archer. Y’know, you’re smarter than you look, he answered cheekily, flashing her a toothy grin as he thumped his tail along the ground to show he was merely joking. 

x

Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
"Y’know, you’re smarter than you look,"

A mischevious grin spread across her features as her own tail thumped against the forest floor. Her neck stretched out as she gave a playful click of her teeth. "What's that mean, huh? Ya think I look dumb?" Just for emphasis she crossed her eyes and stuck her tongue out briefly. It was hard to hold the face and hold back laughter so of course, her youthful laughter tumbled forward.

"You ain't so bad." She declared once her laughter had simmered down. "I'm sure if you did ever wanna stick around Askan or Reyes might let ya." It was a shot in the dark but having agemate company was nice. Especially agemate company who also seemed to lurk around the dark falls. They would likely be a rowdy duo if he stuck around but that's what Hawth was almost wanting.

fade with your next?
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

He scoffed at her response, feigning repulsion as he cranked his neck to the side, a single brow arched high into his tawny forehead. I didn't say it, you did, he chirped back rather matter-of-factly, a lopsided smirk still perched neatly across his dark lips. Of course, the girl didn’t look dumb. Far from it, actually. But Sachiel was just a boy, and the mind of a boy didn’t work like that. Especially his. It worked in colours and pictures. And the girl before him had shifted into a vibrant yellow with just a hint of orange. But not the obnoxious orange that remained in the Vale—the kind that made his head hurt. This was a good orange—two words he never would have put together until now.

Since meeting the girl Sachiel had considered staying more. Not because she was anything special, but because he had never had someone his own age to prowl around with. The other cub born into the Vale was absent most of the time, spending time with Sahalie and the pale older wolf he’d never been properly introduced to. But, staying meant he lost his freedom, and the boy wasn’t sure he was ready to do that just yet.

Yeah, I’m thinkin’ about it. Still undecided, but I’ll let ya know, he retorted with a lazy shrug, the grin still drawn lazily across his creamy maw. With that, the agouti fell silent, his mismatched gaze fixated on their dark surroundings. The pair remained until the soft glow of the sun began to crack through the branches overhead, signalling that it was time for them to part ways…

Fade — thread complete.

x