(See All?) Announcements
813 Users Online
Google, Bing

who decided that — Cold Water Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

Lila was not looking forward to the white months ahead. It felt cold now with just the wind a blowing. It forced her nose to have an inconvenient drip, and it was blowing so hard the leaves of the trees rustled. What she really hated was, she couldn't be sure she wasn't being followed. But, if she was going to make her trip along the Cold Creek worth it she had to keep going.  She folded her ears tight against her head, happy at least the Spectral Woods offered some kind of protection with their steady trunks. It was times like this she was happy she was a forest wolf, not mountain. Hopefully this wind would make it easier for her to remain undetected.

Long limbs moved forward with purpose, keeping close to the fresh scent of at least three does. She knew she wouldn't be able to take one on her own. At least she could get a good look at them, and see for sure if there was a target or not. Why this was occupying her, she needed something far more stimulating like a hunt. If one seemed a bit sickly or wimpish she could always head back, and talk someone into helping. Maybe, one of those new ones. Regi seemed like he'd be the sort to take her up on the offer. Which wasn't bad, but she wondered about the other two. Pressing them seemed like a fun, little challenge. With a grin, and steady look of determination she kept checking along the dying vegetation, finding she was still on the right track.

(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2017, 04:28 AM by Lila. Edit Reason: typos )
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
It has been too long. Hope you don't mind me jumping in!

Serach hadn't been there to see firsthand Lila's return, but he had been there firsthand to see Aponi's relief. His mate had already lost one daughter to the world - Kyna had apparently taken up residence on the mountain and proclaimed herself the leader of a pack there - and he had not wanted her to lose another. He was grateful for Lila's return too, for his own selfish reasons. He quite liked the girl, and had taken great pride in watching her grow up and continue to weather with grace the storms life had thrown her way. But he hadn't managed to find time to talk to her, so when his nose picked up her scent near the banks of Cold Water Creek, fresh from a recent crossing, he decided to take the opportunity to remedy that oversight.

Lifting his head, he howled into the wind, alerting her to his presence and asking if it was alright if he joined her. He hadn't smelled the deer, otherwise he might have stayed quiet. Waiting for her to respond before following her trail, he stuck close to the trunk of a tree, trying to maximize its protection to stay out of the wind's ire and keep its cold fingers from picking through his coat.
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
glad ya did! :D

Lila was constricting her breath, crouched in the foliage, successfully spying on the trio. They were pretty scraggly looking. Their silver-tan hides had thick bunches that looked like they needed to fall out. She wasn't sure if that was normal? The winter made her shed her coat, but shouldn't the deer keep the thicker part? She tucked the question away, her mother ought to know. Just as she was ready to turn away Serach's voice reached out, alarming the small herd, and causing her to wince. Well, it wasn't like she was about to pounce, and easily pushed the mild irritation away. It would test her skills to track them again. Besides, if Serach was seeking her out she may just get him all to herself. A rarity.

Rising to her full height, she let out a shorter howl in turn. Swiftly picking her way along the forest floor to greet him. As she rounded the tree he'd chosen, eyes fell upon his gray coat, and her tail beat wildly at her flanks. She didn't hesitate to brush her nose along the side of his neck. Finding comfort in his familiar scent. It meant somethings didn't change. But, she stepped back, a wide smile on her face. "What brings you out here in this?" She couldn't help but ask. Especially since she didn't want to inform him he had disrupted her tracking.

(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2017, 04:45 AM by Lila.)
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
Huddled against the wind, his ears perked at the sound of Lila's voice. She was quick to respond and soon after her answer, the black furred girl herself came into sight. Her tail was wagging eagerly and it made Serach's respond in similar fashion. He nuzzled the tops of her ears in a returned greeting, smiling as he pulled away to look at her. "Good question, I could ask you the same," he told her, a cheeky grin on his face. "Unfortunately a wolf's work doesn't rest for cold weather, so that means I can't either. The wind is keeping the kids cooped up though, which means it was a good opportunity to get out into the woods a bit without having to chaperone." They were a restless lot in general, and that boundless energy didn't seem to dissipate even when they did walk through the woods, and sometimes it was difficult to keep track of them once they were beyond the Bend's borders.

"I hope I didn't interrupt you," he apologized, ears flattening against his head. "I came across your trail and it's been awhile since we've talked and I just wanted to see how you were doing."
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

If she didn't know Serach she may have been worried this was his light way of disapproving of her wanderings, on the contrary she laughed. She knew too well and they were. She imagined even if it wasn't for all the food they were given they would still have endless energy. Limitless except when nap time arrived, and they could not hold their eyes open a second longer. So she nodded in double agreement. They were not as lucky as bears in the winter to fatten up and sleep until spring.

Briefly, her blue eyes looked up, then to the side. "Matter of fact I was tracking deer, and you startled them a bit further," she admitted meeting his light, green gaze. A coyish expression on her face, when playfully she nudged his shoulder with hers. "I was just heading back for renforcements." Her tone matched her playful body language. There'd been no harm done, and she felt she'd have higher chance of success with Serach.

"I could ask you the same question," she threw back in tease. Though he was closest thing to a father to her, she still hadn't been ready for his concern. Her expression sobered.

"I do miss Kyna, and Ice." But, she was careful in the way she spoke his name. Feeling she would not be the only one, and she was sure it was not hidden on her face.

Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
I am so sorry. This whole fall has been absolutely brutal for me. I'm the worst :(
Her answer was coy, and the sheepish look on his face caused a flush of embarassment on his own. "Oops," he murmurred, ears flattening against his skull. Her nudge to his shoulder was reassuring though, and he offered her a smile. "Well we're here - I am at least," he told her, although he doubted they would be able to take down anything substantial on their own. It was too risky a venture, and they were not that desperate - yet.

Her playful banter only further reassured them, although her more sobered response pulled him back to the reality of her - and all of their's- situation. "I miss them both too," he confessed, looking away and letting his eyes focus on everything and nothing in the forest at the same time. "Kyna is close by, though. Did you visit her, while you were away? I heard she's created a pack of her own in the mountains." He hadn't been there when Aponi's oldest daughter had returned to visit, but he had heard the pride in his mate's voice when she had told him about it.

"As for Ice...I understand how you feel. I miss him too," but it was a weird sense of missing. Truth be told, Ice had been "missing" most of Serach's life, and although he missed the steadying precense of the older wolf, he felt a greater sense of disappointment rather than loss. "I know he traveled north to visit Kisla - he was her father more than he was mine, even if not biologically. He was also close with Jessie, a wolf who lived in OTB before you were born, and he might have gone to visit her in Wild Rye Fields, which is near Hearthwood. So I'm sure he's fine, but I can't blame you," he tried to reassure her, offering a smile. Gesturing with his head, he indicated that they should walk back towards the packlands as they talked, perhaps to get more reinforcements so they could return to her tracked deer.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
<33

"Then we need just one more." Black tail swayed behind her, a little eager to round up another hunter, and not quite yet."You think Rosalin, Reginald, or Zev would be best?" Regi wasn't starving so he had to know how to get food, she just couldn't picture him holding very still. The other two she wondered what Serach thought of them, but felt she was too old to ask straight out. Maybe, the mention would help.

Remaining across from him, close where the wind wouldn't steal his words, at the mention of Kyna she tried to keep a neutral face. But, perhaps she couldn't suppress the bitter sadness completely as she quickly spoke up. "No. I.." Catching herself she couldn't find an appealing word for her feelings. Then again she didn't feel she needed to hold back from him. "I want to see her, but... I don't?" He would understand, right? She did miss Lena too. But, it was easier knowing she had left to be with her family. She had actually said goodbye. Lila was starting to see Kyna had her reasons, but it didn't make things hurt less.

As for Ice... She didn't like pulling at that thread, but it was nice to hear why he was gone. The other connections. More so, how he was reassuring her. She believed in that smile and took place beside him with ease. "Guess I think we've had enough changes to last awhile."

(This post was last modified: Dec 19, 2017, 04:32 AM by Lila.)
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
She proposed three of her packmates to join them in a hunt, and Serach narrowed his eyes in thought as he considered his options. "Well, Zev and Rosalin seem to be a pair of some kind, so I'm sure if we ask one we'll get the other," he said, shrugging his shoulders. Truth be told he hadn't seen much evidence of strength in any of them, although Zev had certainly shown himself capable of hunting birds...his lips curled in disgust for a moment before lowering. "I suppose we should grab whoever we can find around, although it'll be good to test them. Every time we get a new member, we have to figure out what they know and how they operate. It's hard to know until you see them in action." And every time another wolf went missing without a word, it left another hole that had to be filled and shifted to fit the next soul who took their place.

He had not expected her to say no in regards to his question about Kyna, but after considering it while she sought the words to clarify, he could relate to that feeling. In many ways, it was how he felt about Ice and his other siblings who had disappeared into Relic Lore's forests and beyond. "Yeah..." he said after a moment, letting his tongue slip over the words in his brain before bringing them to life out loud. "I understand - it's hard to know how to feel when somebody you care about decides that they're better off being somewhere else. It can be easier to pull away to protect yourself, and there's nothing wrong with that. You're also free to change your mind, should you ever decide you do want to see her, and there's nothing wrong with that either."

Her last comment was met with a wry smile and a quiet chuckle. "I agree with you, Lila," he told her. "I'm not like your mom - she can find change to be an exciting adventure; it just makes me want to bury my nose into my tail. I don't think that'll ever change, so that at least will be consistent." He laughed out loud at his own self-reflection.