But now it's too late — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Violent thunderstorms RE
It's more than I can take and I'm losing hold of everything
Treyah Tainn

Had it all been for naught? The border patrols, wrangling her mother and her siblings? Hunting and trying to find new wolves to drag home? Was she the only one that wanted to hold onto the charred trees and bend fate to her own will rather than run away and think it'd be easier anywhere else? Amber eyes turned to the roiling clouds overhead, a growl of her own echoing those they threatened her with. Let the rain come. She thought to herself darkly. With any luck the wind would pick her up and carry her far, far away from here.

She didn't know where the dark moods came from, the raging storm that built inside herself from time to time. At times it burned like the fire that tore through the wildwood all those years ago - though she thought she saw the same fire in her mother's eyes at times so maybe that was where it came from. On other days, it was a slow and steady building sadness, like the rain that swept away the rapids, that threatened to drench the earth at any moment. She was sure she'd seen the same storm in her father's eyes. Often, one would come right after the other, her walk had started with fire, and it was ending with a flood.

Her muscles were screaming from the journey, the final ascent just ahead.If she was where she thought she should be, the ground would level out with a grassy expanse, a glass-coated lake stretching out before her. She could smell the water, but was it earthbound or about to fall from the sky?

(This post was last modified: Oct 14, 2017, 10:42 AM by Treyah.)
[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by Silvia who has 105 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Dread Flint
Another roll of thunder rumbled above him and all Dread did was grumble back at it. As much as he loved thunderstorms, listening to the roaring thunder and watching the flashes of lightning, he didn't like the idea getting caught in the downfall of water that often came with it. Particularly in this sort of terrian. It could be potentially dangerous. So he was pushing up and up, always drawn to the mountains and hoping there to be something he could take cover in.

Yet as what he thought would keep going on as high hills and steep rocks flattened out to a expanse of grass and a large flat lake in front of him. Though not completely surprised, it did catch him off gaurd enough that he didn't notice the other wolf at first.

But as her scent wafted by him, a clear difference to the scent of an impending storm and it nearly startled him more then finding this lake, though it'd never show. This place looked out of touch with everything around it. Nevermind what he was doing here, unintended as it was, why was this girl looking as if she made a huge trek here? Was this an intentional trip made by her? Or had she become lost and figured the best was to get her bearings was to climb a mountain?

Eyeing her off, Dread figured that either way, she was in need of some company.

"Hopefully you're not as lost as me darling,";he chuckled lightly, gesturing towards the lake. There something dark clinging to this girl's coat, he could feel it. He couldn't quite place it but there was just something...off about her. Maybe it was just the journey that tired her out, he thought, before continuing. "Was hoping to find something to get away from the water, not find more."
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
it's more than i can take and i'm losing hold of everything
Treyah Tainn

She felt like she was drowning and the rain hadn't yet started to fall, so when someone spoke so near she started, eyes wide as they fell on the dark wolf who could have been mistaken for her father were it not for the lighter stripes across his back. She exhaled rapidly, a low whooo under her breath as she gathered her wits about her once more. "Found my way here on nothing but bedtime stories..." Her eyes looked past him as though she were searching. "If they are to be believed..." she motioned with a tip of her head towards the toothed leaves adorned with small white flowers, "We might have some luck this way."

Truth was she felt like she had met this wolf before. Another may have been more cautious but with the first fat drops of rain just moments away there would be plenty of time to suss out the stranger and try to put the pieces together in her mind. Beyond the nightshade lay a well worn path, "Well, seems she wasn't as out of her mind as I thought..." Just imagine if this was where she ended up finding her mother? Of all places. "If there's any truth to it, there'll be dens up here somewhere..." She supposed she might be coming across as a little odd right now, leading a stranger to a den without so much as offering her name, "I'm Treyah, from Charred Ash Draw."

Inactive No Rank
Dread Flint
To be honest with himself, he wasn't surprised that he had startled the girl. He hadn't seen her the first time round either so he gave her the benefit of the doubt when she stared at him with wide eyes.

Bowing his head slightly as he lowered his ears and took a step back, to allow her space to gather her thoughts, then opened his mouth to apologize.

"Didn't mean to scare you miss, figured you saw me coming or something." He explained with a little sympathy in his voice. His ears pricked at the mention of how she got here and of bedtime stories. With her gesture, his eyes were drawn to the leaves with the white flowers gathering around them. "did you know someone who lived up here?" The lake would certainly be a good source of water, if a pack decided to make its home here.

"Tenebrae, of...well, I've got no where to call home as of the moment." He really should act the 'promise' he made to Oak Tree Bend and soon return to that pack but he was enjoying the freedom of being alone and able to wander without any duties. Perhaps once the restless in him had settled down, he might go back but for now, he followed the girl, Treyah. The name alone niggled at the back of his mind but he pushed it aside. Maybe it sounded like another name he'd heard on his travels. "though I was part of one called Oak Tree Bend once, before I went to visit family up north. Figured I'd take some time and explore first, now I'm back."
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

Treyah rustled up a sheepish smile when he apologised for startling her, her tail waving good naturedly. If she hadn't been so wrapped up in her own thoughts she would have known he was there. She was just fortunate that he hadn't decided to set upon her with tooth and claw. That would be a difficult one to explain if she made it back to the wildwood. "My mother used to lead a pack here, and further up the mountain in one of the passes, and down in the ghastly woods... She never could be a follower. She founded Charred Ash Draw too but she's missing. She hasn't been herself..."

The name gnawed at her memory, as he continued it all clicked into place. "Oh so you know my sister then? Aponi? We left in the winter to cross the mountain." She couldn't be certain he was there when she left, but he must have joined since her sister had taken leadership for sure since she didn't recognise him from before and he didn't seem that much older than she was. "I might find my own way back there yet... things aren't too certain in the Draw at the moment." She was still processing what had happened at the meeting. That was why she had travelled all this way after all. She needed time to process just what had been said.

Inactive No Rank
Dread Flint
"Your mother sounds like an ambitious woman, to found so many packs. I'd like to meet her, if I can." he didn't dare ask what had broken the first three had apart, for he felt if the girl knew about them, they might be sore topics to bring up. "My mother actually lived here for a while, where she met my father. They left some time ago, to go lead a pack of their own."

It then clicked with him just who she was. Though they hadn't actually met, he had seen and smelt her around the bend, the short time they had crossed paths. Though judging by her age now, she would have been quite young.

"I joined just before the leadership changed actually, though I'm not sure that makes much difference." Which was the truth. He hadn't been around long when Aponi had challenged for leadership and thus hadn't gotten around to meeting much of the pack before it was spilt in half. "But yes, I know Aponi. There were only a few wolves left, after..." he cut himself off, not wanting the girl to possibly feel even worse. "But I'm glad to hear you made it to a new home. Perhaps I could come with you, once we've found your mother? Sounds like you might need an extra paw to help. And besides," He glanced over to her with a small grin. "If the bend weathered the spilt, then I'm sure it'll last a little longer without me."
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

Treyah mustered another smile as they continued to walk down the well worn paths, a tumble of stones ahead, once the site of a landslide catching her attention as another peal of thunder rolled overhead, "If she isn't here then I'm out of ideas unless she swanned over to the bend..." Though she was almost certain Aponi's scout would have mentioned it if she had.

So he had been there before she left then... though he mustn't have been there for very long at that point. As far as she had known it had just been herself and her parents and Leotie that had left. The bend was such a big pack... others must have left following Spieden, and she was aware of Sahalie's departure too.

She welcomed his offer with a warm smile, "Careful, I might take after my mother and bewitch you. You might never want to go back." She giggled carelessly, knowing such a thing was an impossibility. If it wasn't wolves wouldn't keep vanishing on her - Zerxes departure was still a sore point with the yearling. Her mother had an aura about her that her daughter felt she was missing. She poked through the scree looking for the fabled hidden opening to the den that used to shelter the wolves of poison path and finally she thought she caught sight of it. "Maybe over here?"

Inactive No Rank
Dread Flint
"who knows, perhaps you've already bewitched me?" He lightly teased her. "after all, we just met as a thunderstorm plays above us and you've already convinced me to help find your mother - sounds like a witchy thing to do, don't you think?" As if it wasn't part of an act on his part. But it was an interesting turn, to be searching for some possibly mad woman in a thunderstorm with her daughter. As they drew closer, Treyah finallly poked her head through a screen of leaves, tentively saying that this might be it. It was in a goodnight spot for a den, if he was being honest. Bumping her shoulder so he might poke his head in, he glanced around before pulling back.

"It kinda looks like wolves might have made their home here?" He hesitantly agreed with her. It definitely looked like a den and one that wolves might have dug out for themselves. "I mean, if she was headed here, surely she'd take shelter around here or nearby? What about the other places she founded packs in? Could she have gone there?" If she was going to look for her mother and her mother was looking to go back to her old pack sites, maybe she visited one of the others? It didn't seem to far fetched to him. Yet before he could ask if she knew where they were or checked them, a single loud BOOM echoed above them before water begun pelting from the sky.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
what if it's you and not the world?
Treyah Tainn

She couldn't bite down the laugh that escaped from her chest as he acused her of bewitching him already. It was a sound that had been missing from her repetoir for far too long and she felt a little of the sad darkness chased away just by that sound alone. Maybe she should be selfish and try to convince him to stay if they made it back to the Draw. Things had been so dire for so long they could all do with someone so carefree around to lift their spirits.

At least she didn't seem to be off track when he voiced what she had been thinking. But before she was given a chance to answer the skies opened up and she tilted her head towards the interior. She wasn't particularly fond of being soaked to the bone either and they were right here, they may as well make use of it. Once they were within the den she had a proper look around and sighed, wolves hadn't been here for a very long time. "I've checked already, I caught her scent in the Pass but a storm washed the trails away... Unless she's in the bend then I'm out of ideas, but Aponi would have sent word." Her sister might have had no love to spare for their mother but she would want to offer her sister the peace of mind surely? A shiver took over her body. She had been walking through this rancid weather for at least 2 days and nights to get here, it was any wonder she hadn't caught her death yet.