(See All?) Announcements
798 Users Online
Google, Sophrosnia, Bing, Magg

we get colder as we grow older — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha (Inactive) who has 328 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

Lilya felt a sense of guilt charge through her. She should have believed him, and she had to admit that the healer had made her believe Alexei to be a bad man off of the accusations. This, was perhaps, one of the main reasons Lilya should not trust wolves so easily. What was she thinking? “M’disappointed in them both.” She felt angry, but she pulled it back. Lachesis was right, they had reason to, but that did not mean that she liked them lying to her face about it, or more of, avoiding the truth to her face. “Will there be a punishment… fer lying, or at least, not tellin’ th’whole truth ta begin with?” They bred – accident or not it was against Kisla’s laws just as much as it was against the laws now… and it had been dismissed so swiftly.

He was right, it did not make things right… not in any sense of the term. She kept her cool though, tried not to let her more personal emotions get in the way of this. “Ah don’t know ‘ow ta reach ta ‘er.” How to get it through Inna’s head that what she was doing was mildly destructive to the pack - risking alliances, driving people apart with her half truths. This wasn't just gossip - if left to fester, it could become more of a problem down the line than it already seemed to have become.

[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He sighed and nodded in agreement with his mate, his brows furrowed with frustration. “I—I don’t know what Kisla would do.” A frown creased his troubled features. “If she knew. I wonder if she had her suspicions, or if Aleksei mentioned something to her…” Another sigh escaped him as he pressed his nose to her shoulder, seeking refuge in her warm, comforting scent. “They’ve already been punished for their actions at Wild Rye. Puppy duty and staying confined to Hearthwood. No border visits either.” Inna was going to have an issue with that, for she was usually the first on site when it came to loners howling at the edge of the Kingswood.

“Next spring,” he said suddenly, pulling away from her, pools of chartreuse seeking out sapphire, “only one litter.” Ours. But he didn’t say that aloud. That was a topic for another day. “Pack law is law for a reason.” 

His ears twitched as she spoke up once more, his features softening. “I don’t know if we can.” He had tried to reach out. But the Baranski shied away from him, taking his words personally and holing herself up in her den. She had gone unpunished far too long and was not reacting well to the consequences. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

Lilya offered a soft smile to him – it seemed reasonable. Lil could not help but think that Kisla had known, to some extent, or at least had her own suspicions. Then again, the Valrorys woman never truly knew what went on inside the former queen’s head. She gently nudged his shoulder. “Ah’d like ta think she knew at least somethan o’the sort.” She admitted to him as their eyes met. Only one litter. Her smile softened a little as she nodded. “One litter.” She agreed. She’d personally hunt down those who broke the law… that side of her was slightly more terrifying.

It was a side she didn’t like to show – actively told herself she couldn’t show. It was that side from the olden days. “S’something that we gotta leave ta time Ah think.” She reluctantly agreed when he addressed her particular concerns about the Baranski youth. “M’still worried ‘bout her though…” That wasn’t about to change. “M'gonna be takin' the kids... all th'kids out ta hunt some small prey soon if ya wanna join?” All the kids, not just Lilliana and Lavender... but Oksana and hopefully Risaela and Matheo too, if they would agree to join them.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He didn’t know what Kisla would have done if she had found out the truth—or if the suspicions had been confirmed before her untimely death. She would’ve imagined that the mighty matriarch would have banished Lorcán from the lands, even if he had joined to take care of his daughter. Or, perhaps, she would have exiled both of them—a worthy punishment for the two law-breaking individuals.

Lachesis would make sure that there was only one litter the upcoming spring. They couldn’t handle another lot like the previous spring. Five puppies had been far too much for the small pack to handle, especially when their numbers fluctuated so frequently. One litter—their litter—was enough. Especially since the five cubs would yearlings and capable of taking care of the whelps.

I am, too, he hummed in agreement, his ears sweeping to the side. Talk to her, maybe? Even if it’s not about what’s going on in her head… she might open up eventually. Get her away from her den. He sighed, the tip of his tail twitching. Maybe Inna would talk to the blue-eyed war veteran… he hoped, anyway.

Yes, he chirped in response to her question, his nose brushing against her cheek, of course. They were nearing the age where it would be time for them to join a pack hunt—they’d have to sharpen their skills before that and the best way to do that was with practice. 

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

The idea of the following spring sent her stomach into a frenzied state – nerves, perhaps, and maybe a hint of fear that Laddeus’s death was a bad omen for the following season. Still, she tried not to dwell on it. Tried, being the key word. “Ah was plannin’ on visitin’… but Ah ran into Oksana first n’ended up talking to her. She’s noticed th’changes in her mother.” The girl had much to say when it came to her mother, and the sweet girl only wanted the Baranski woman to get back to being herself. That was a want Lilya could relate to.

He brushed his nose against her cheek and she smiled softly. How’d I get so lucky? She could feel the heat rising in her cheeks as her tail waved softly behind her. It was moments like this that made her heart leap, remembering in almost vivid detail the path that led to them being, well… them. It had started, she remembered, with her inability to settle down, the fear of being hunted by her past, and then it lingered in her lack of ability to sleep, and then a friend, a confidant… a lover, and now a husband to proudly stand beside. It was far from the path she had once imagined for herself. “You were right ya know... growin' up... s'a trap.” She whispered as she looked up at him, a sort of smirk on her maw. She didn't really mind being trapped, not as long as he was trapped with her.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Fade with your next post?! <3 <3 <3

He sighed at his mate’s comment about Oksana. I know, he hummed, his ears falling in defeat. I worry it’s going to effect her in the long run… I keep telling the twins the include her, so Inna doesn’t drag her down with her… The pale ghost frowned, his tail twitching in frustration. He understood the loss was hard on the raven Baranski, but parenting came first. It was hard—damn near impossible, actually—but it had to be done. Grief had to sit on the back burner when there was children running amok. Wallowing in self-pity was going to get the young mother nowhere and would only make things worse for both her and her daughter. 

Lachesis leaned into the tawny veteran, his chartreuse gaze trailing up to the falling stars above them. He had had his share of bad relationships in the past. Females who had left him once things starting going good and got comfortable. Disappeared without a word; an explanation. He had not been looking for anything, or anyone, when he started to get close to the blue-eyed sparrow. If it wasn’t for Aytigin’s aggressive flirting Lachesis probably would have never realized that he harboured feelings for the Valrorys.

I told you, he cooed into her ear, his peridots still focused on the night sky. At least we’re trapped together. 

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

A soft frown hinted her features when they talked of Oksana. “She’s resilient… Inna too. I think it’ll pass… but I’m also afraid it won’t. Either way, only time will tell.” She responded when Lachesis mentioned Inna bringing her daughter down with her. She still held hope that Inna would snap out of her behavior and realize they all lost something, not just her. She leaned herself against him, the side of her head burrowing slightly into his fur as she glanced up at the stars. “Wouldn’t ‘ave it any other way.” She responded softly with a smile. For just a moment, she let her worries slink into the back of her mind and just enjoyed the time she had with him.

-Fade-