(See All?) Announcements
704 Users Online
Bing, Google, Sophrosnia

Like Mother, Like Daughter — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana had explained what her mother had told her but the pale leader didn't seem too impressed with what she'd said. The pup could see that he was still frustrated so she looked to Reid. She didn't really understand why they were so frustrated she'd been fine all that time her mum had been in her den and she was fine the first couple days Inna had been gone. Now she was frustrated cause she felt like they weren't listening. Her mum was doing what was best for them and whether she liked her mum being away or not she was sure Inna knew what they needed.

The dark pup didn't know what to do besides watch what happened next with Reid. She'd told Lachesis his name and explained how he'd gotten hurt and that he needed to be made better. She was glad that Lachesis seemed to be talking nicer to him. Oksana was even more glad when the pale leader was going to help her friend to get better.

When he left to go get what he needed she stayed with Reid and waited for Lachesis to return. She hoped that whatever her uncle was going to do would help her friend to get better. She looked up at Reid once more and then back to the forest looking for the pale form of her uncle. “I'm sure he won't be long,” she said quietly. She worried she had made things worse for her mum.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Hex who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
Reid remained still throughout the examination. The pale man appeared to know what he was doing and though Reid was the 'patient' he planned to let the other man do his thing without interference. He wasn't a healer and to be honest if he had tried to put something on it it would probably have just made it worse. Better to just let someone who knew what they were doing take care of it. It didn't take that long before a conclusion seemed to be reached about the scratches and bruises. It was quickly explained that there was something that Lach could do to help. Then surprisingly thanks for returning Oksana.

Whatever you think is best. Reid responded in regards to his scrapes and bruises. As to returning Sana, because at this point Reid couldn't imagine calling her Oksana. It was no trouble she has been a very pleasant companion. A smile was directed towards his friend as Lach told them he would be back. Probably to go get whatever herbs he was going to need for Reid's paw.

Probably not. He did get here pretty quick when you called for him. The red male added in agreement. He fell silent as he thought. Winter was approaching and though Reid was fairly sure that he could survive but if something happened to his paw after he left he was going to be a sticky situation. That wasn't what concerned him the most though. If Sana could slip out so easily of her pack's territory what was to keep her from doing it again? The red male could hang around the area but for how long would this pack tolerate a loner hanging around there borders all the time? Perhaps the best way to keep an eye on Sana would be to join... He had considered it on the way here but he hadn't fully decided what he was going to do. His first reaction had been to chew out the Alpha for not watching out for the pups but it apparently hadn't been Lach's fault because all the blame seemed to rest on Sana's mother.

A look towards Sana was all it took to convince him. He would take his chances and see if the pale man would accept him.
[Image: upside_down_reid_by_silversnake54-dbvgofa.png]
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Even if Oksana had not been present, it was not in Lachesis’ character to ignore an injured or sick wolf. He couldn’t leave the scarlet male at the borders with an untreated injury, even if the loner had a sharp tongue and judgemental eyes. The stranger had returned Oksana to the river and Lachesis was grateful for that; therefore, it seemed fair to repay him by tending to his injuries.

And the Stark was far too nice to ignore said injuries.

Once he reached his infirmary Lachesis grabbed both the hellebore and white fir quickly, making sure to only grab what he needed. While the ghost was nice, he also did not want to waste herbs on a loner. During his sprint to the dens XIX had decided against bringing the arnica, for he wasn’t sure he would have time to make an ointment out of the roots. The hellebore was a quicker (easier) option. Once he was treated there was no doubt in his mind that he would vacate the premise, leaving the Stark to discipline Oksana for Inna, since the mother was M.I.A. yet again.

He retraced his steps quickly, the bundle of herbs dangling from his jaws as he streaked through the trees. It did not take long for him to return to the clearing, his brows pinched tight together as he approached the pair. He dropped the herbs at the loner’s paws and motioned for him to eat them before taking a step back, his expression stern as he kept his chartreuse gaze fixated on the younger male. “They will help with the pain and the healing process.” 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

The young Baranski watched as Lachesis examined her friend with interest and worry. She didn't want Reid's injuries to be bad but then she wished he hadn't gotten injured at all. She was also curious about what the pale leader was doing, she knew he father was a healer too. Maybe it was something she could be interested in. She would have to ask Lorc about it once Reid was taken care of. She also wanted to see if Inna had returned while she'd been away, she would have to ask Lach once he'd finished taking care of Reid. A smile was returned to the red man as he gave her a compliment about her company, “You were too,” she squeaked.

When Lachesis left to go and fetch the things he would need to make her friend better Oksana pressed her side against his. She trusted the loner as there were plenty of times that he'd had a chance to do something bad and he never did. He had trusted her enough to bring him home to get help and after what they had been through he was her friend no matter what.

Finally Lachesis did returned with the things he needed, Oksana wasn't really sure what to call them or it, she would have to ask him later. The pup remained quiet as Reid was given the her and spoke about how they would help with his injuries. She looked between the two men before clearing her throat, “Uncle Lach is my mum home?” She asked. All along she assumed that she wasn't but there was a big part of her that hoped Inna had returned. Maybe her mum was worried about her too but then Oksana also figured she would have come had she heard her call for Lachesis.

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
He felt Sana press against his side and Reid wanted to say something more to her. He just wasn't sure what. He didn't want her to be around when he asked to join but sending her away didn't seem quite right. There was normally a rather specific way you went about joining a pack. Being submissive and respectful was usually at the top of the list. Reid hadn't been either and he knew there was a high chance that he was going to be turned away. Most leaders wouldn't accept someone who had acted like he had. Reid just didn't want Sana to hear him being turned away.

The pale man returned once more his paws having made a quick beat on the ground. In his mouth, he was carrying some herbs which Reid eyed as they were placed in front of him. The helped with pain but what were they? He noted the look on Lach's face so even if he had wanted to ask, which he didn't, about them he would have stopped. He ate the plant trying to ignore whatever flavour it had. If it was good he would have wanted to know more so that he could find it again. If it was bad well that was self-explanatory.

Sana cleared her throat and asked whether her mom had come back yet. Reid froze as he glanced between the two. If her mother hasn't returned yet would you let me join? I would like to make sure that no harm comes to her. if she tries to slip out again. He questioned trying to use Sana's question to his advantage. If her mother hadn't returned then the pack was down at least one wolf at the moment. He could fill that space until she returned if she returned. That wasn't to say he would just leave if she returned. No, he would try and stay if he could. Which would mean that he would have to make sure that he proved he was worth having around and not a lazy piece of trash taking up space. Of course, he first had to be accepted and he was already well aware of those odds.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
So sorry for the wait @Oksana @Reid

Uncle Lach— His head turned to the little crow, brows pinched together with concern —is my mom home? His upper lip threatened to curl but he remained composed, for the child’s sake. If the Baranski had returned to the Kingswood she had not made herself known to the pale leader. He had not even been aware of her departure—not until he had noticed her scent had been lacking around the borders. “No,” he answered quickly, his voice clipped as his ears cupped toward the little bird. “I wasn’t aware she was gone until now,” he added with a dark frown, his chartreuse gaze flickering over to their honey-coloured companion as he gobbled up the herbs as per Lachesis’ instruction.

The loner spoke, earning a deeper from the ghost. “And what will you do when she returns?” He asked, his brows pinched together as his tail lashed out behind him. “Leave? Hearthwood is not looking for temporary members, Reid.” The appeal was strong. Strengthening their numbers before the arrival of winter was important. But Lachesis had housed enough temps and was not interested in obtaining anymore. Either this wolf stayed and made Hearthwood his home, or he pursued another pack. “If acceptance is what you’re looking for then I need your word you intend on staying. Otherwise there are plenty of neighbouring packs that may be interested in housing you for the winter.” He shrugged, his chin raised slightly.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
No worries!

So much Oksana hoped that when she asked Lachesis about her mum he would tell her that ainna had returned. That she was waiting for her and the pup didn't even care if she would he in trouble, she just wanted her mother to he home. When he turned to look at her, the expression on his face told her that Inna had not returned. The pups ears fell and her head dropped to look at her paws. “Maybe she will be home soon,” Oksana finally said with a sigh. She had known her mother hadn't said anything to Lachesis about leaving but she was starting to think maybe she should have. The girl looked up at the pale healer then, “Do you think she's okay?” She asked because this was what worried her most, did something happen to her mum.

Reid's question surprised the dark pup causing her head to snap in his direction. She had not been expecting him to ask to join the pack. Oksana had only thought she was bringing him to Hearthwood to get help. It was her uncle Lach's reaction that brought her gaze to the pale leader. Everything about him shouted that he was upset. “Please, uncle Lach don't be upset with him cause my mum.” Reid was her friend and he had helped keep her safe and brought her home. She didn't want something else bad to happen but in a way she did understand. “You have to promise to stay,” she told the red man, “You can't leave like everyone else.” In her short life she had already lost too many wolves she cared about and she didn't want to lose more.

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
OOC: You're fine and apologies for the odd post.

Her mother hadn't returned. It easy to see when you saw the pale man's face and if one couldn't tell from that alone it was confirmed with his next words. Sana let out a sigh and Reid felt his annoyance at her mother grow. It was obvious that the pup cared for her so why didn't the mother seem to care? It was baffling to him and it made him want to bare his fangs and growl. He refrained from expression that emotion though. He didn't want Lach or Sana to get the wrong idea.

His question resulted in the pale man becoming annoyed as he explained that temporary wolves weren't welcome. Lach almost looked like a cat with his tail lashing behind him and Reid might have laughed under another scenario but not this one. At least it wasn't an outright refusal and since he hadn't planned on leaving anyway it worked out all the better. Sana chimed in telling him that he had to stay and that he couldn't leave like everyone else. Reid gave her a nod in understanding. He wasn't going to leave like someone else that she knew.

It wasn't my intention to be a temporary member. Reid responded directing his words at Lach. On that I can swear. I just wanted to make you aware that should Sana's mother return and you didn't think I fit in your pack you would be free to kick me out and I would go without complaint. More like a trial period but if you want my word then I will gladly give it. It wasn't like he needed the end of a trial period to get kicked out that could happen at any time but Reid wasn't leaving the area until he was sure Sana was safe.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
if this works for you guys we can fade with your next two posts so i can get reid added to the ranks :B

He, too, hoped the ebony Baranski would return home soon. Despite being angry with her, but he still worried about her safety—especially if she had been gone longer than she had anticipated. That didn’t excuse her actions, however. She had left Hearthwood with the intention of being gone a few days and had not alerted her, or Lilya, of her departure. And what of Oksana? Did the new mother expect her daughter to sit around the den waiting for her? “Yes, I’m sure she’s fine,” he answered with a deep frown, his brows still pinched together in frustration.

The pleading was not working on the older ghost. It was not up to Oksana whether Reid was accepted into the pack. It was not his feelings about Inna that made him wary of the red wolf’s intentions. He was worried of accepting another wolf into the Hearthwood ranks and losing them once the snow melted away.

His head tipped to the side as the male responded, assuring the pale leader that he was not looking to be temporary. A trail period. Lachesis liked the sound of that. He nodded softly, his expression stern. Reid seemed keen on proving himself, and the ghost appreciated how much he seemed to care about Oksana and her well-being. He felt guilty, for not noticing the cub’s absence sooner, but he was glad that a wolf like Reid had whisked her back to the pack instead of pup-napping her. “I’m going to take Oksana back to the dens—you can rest in my infirmary. Tomorrow, bring something back for the caches, and you can consider yourself a member of Hearthwood.” He flicked his muzzle over his shoulder as an invitation for the pair to follow him through the towering redwoods. “You’re trial period starts now,” he added with a small smile, the first to crack his stoic features since he answered Oksana’s call.

(This post was last modified: Nov 10, 2017, 06:06 PM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Works for me!

Worry of her mother's well being was what had sent the pup out if Hearthwood on her own. She needed to know that nothing had happened like it had her grandmother and that Inna would come back. The thought that maybe her mum wasn't going to come back had crossed her mind, that maybe it was too sad for her in Hearthwood. It was a worry that Oksana tried not to entertain because she knew it would mean her mother had left her behind and she didn't want to think badly of Inna. She nodded when Lachesis said he was sure she was fine. The pup didn't see anything else that could be said on the matter since he had only just learned of her mother's absence.

She'd gone to Reid's side as they waited for the word of whether the red man would be accepted. She had tried her best to help him but she didn't know if she actually had. Oksana wanted Reid to be accepted badly but she knew that it was up to Lachesis, her mother had told her that when her father had come back. She nudge the red man's shoulder with her nose hopefully and then Lachesis spoke. She would have to go back to the den's, that was expected though she wanted to be in her den. The most important thing was it seems that Reid was getting his chance, Oksana's tail wagged happily as she licked Reid's chin in celebration. “Maybe if it's okay I can come with you to find something for the cache?”