(See All?) Announcements
435 Users Online
Bing, Google, Apollo, Chan

like a fireball shot — Quarry's Rush 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 145 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remington
RE: Remington your Gift is: You have some sweetgrass for an upset stomach -- but you've eaten sweet cicely by mistake! Your stomach sure feels better, but your head gets a bit foggy, and you sure feel nice and dazed afterwards...

The back of her throat was raw, and water did next to nothing to sooth it. She'd thrown up not once, or twice. But, THREE TIMES! Which was starting to freak her out. The last time she'd felt this sick she'd had some nasty hangy bobs. What was more troubling was it had been quite the number of days since her last meal.

Panic fluttered in her chest, and wanted to send her in circles. Ask someone about it. But, ha, she wasn't about to put that on someone else. Nope! Getting a grip, she knew there was at least one thing that could help her. It would be a little tricky to find in this season, but she'd search high and low before she raised an alarm. Trying to ignore the vile taste on her tongue, she set her nose to work. Sweet grass could do the trick, and thank heavens she knew about it. One of the useful things her mother had actually taught her.

So Remi made haste. This was a rather moist location, and seemed promising. She had to cover a lot of ground beside the river until the  familiarity of its scent took her where the sun managed to touch the ground. Relieved, she probably would have been wiser to inspect what it was she was about to consume. The nasty feeling in her gut over rode that thought. She couldn't get the blades in her mouth fast enough. Slowly, but surely she felt the ilk in her stomach ease.

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
I just couldn't resist, sorry! :D

Askan knew Remington was about but he hadn't yet had the opportunity to have 'the talk' with her. It wasn't really something he was looking forward to, but he knew it had to be done. That he wouldn't be able to tolerate her presence around here until they'd talked it out.

The one and only reason he was willing to hear her out at all was Percy. But like he'd said at the lakeside, he had no intentions of going easy on her, he wasn't going to pull any punches. She'd hear what he had to say whether she like it or not. So with that in mind, he sought her out

The last thing he expected to find was her munching down some grass, like she was a damn elk or something. Was this why she'd left? Had she turned into a plant eater of all things? Smothering his bemusement as best as he could-which wasn't very well, mind you- he approached her, his heavy footfalls marking his arrival.

"Remington."His greeting was anything but warm and despite the fact he'd wanted to at least try and be civil the hackles along his spine raised all the same. Like she was a stranger, an enemy. Maybe she was, he didn't know the short of woman she was, not anymore."Do you have a moment?"

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Remington

She hadn't been eager to say the least to face Askan. Now of all times he sought her? But, she could only blame herself for not doing it sooner. She should have cleared the air long before. He just always happened to be with Reyes, or already appeared in a foul mood. (Though with Askan that may have been just the usual)

Quickly, she gulped down what she'd been munching, making sure each stringy piece settled in her stomach rather in her throat. Well it would be rather nice to have it all out. Though Percy may have her own ideas Remi couldn't force herself on anybody. If he couldn't stand the sight of her she wouldn't be able to stand herself.

"Hey Askan," she managed, through there was no clever grin. Instead a rather pathetic start of a humble smile of sorts. Or painful, she wasn't really sure. "I do," she admitted because there'd never be a better time for this. Facing him, she began to stand. As she rose she suddenly felt like her head was in the clouds, and her body weighed nothing. It was pleasant, and yet... Oh she knew this feeling, at least it seemed familiar.

A shudder shook her neck, but she sat straighter trying to ignore the sudden side effects. She needed to look him in the eye. She was, and planned on keeping her lips shut. Only they wouldn't stay."We both know this is for Percy. I won't utter my lame excuses. I messed up. I don't expect anyone, especially you to trust me, or take it easy on me. I'm not here for a free ride."

[Image: se_by_a_yellow_bird-dc2z4ij.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

To Remington's credit she didn't try to run away, or delay the inevitable. She knew this had to be done and that the sooner they got this out of the way the better. He had no idea how she'd try and approach this, but from what he could remember she used to be pretty frank.Nor did she ever give him reason to believe that she was sneaky, or that she had ulterior motives when she'd first joined the Field.

But now he couldn't help but wonder if he'd been wrong all along, whether she'd-rather artfully- pulled the wool over his eyes without him even noticing. It was a concern he held close to his chest as he stood there, waiting for her to explain. He wasn't going to prompt her, to give her a gentle nudge, if she wanted to redeem herself in his eyes then she'd have to take the first step. In these woods nothing would be handed out for free.

With all of his focus on her, there was no way he could have missed the shudder that ran down her spine. He arched a brow, curious. Was she frightened? He doubted it, there was something else wrong here...He just didn't know what.

When she finally did speak it became clear that she did indeed understand the state of affairs, that he only tolerated her presence because Percy wanted her here. That she knew he wouldn't go easy on her, even if the Avalon batted her eyelashes at him.

"Good, because you won't find that here."He said, wanting to be as crystal clear as possible."Why did you leave? You didn't even say a word, just vanished like all the rest."His words were ladened with venom, as his tail lashed from side to side. So many had just used them, he would not allow it to happen again. Nor would Reyes, or so he suspected.

Inactive No Rank
Remington

The sweet cicely seemed to loosen her tongue, and any manner of proprietary.

"Do  you even remember what time of year I was gone?" That probably sounded harsher than she wanted, but she felt she was doing pretty good not throwing up and crawling into the bushes. Still she winced, a second late, and took in a deep breath of air as if that might settle herself. Sharpen the haze.

She wasted no time filling him in. "Phoenix was missing, and..and well it was..."Her tongue held between her teeth. "Spring?" Askan had to know all about the birds,bees, and how wonderful females were when winter was drawing to a halt. No,no! She wasn't going to sit here tripping over her own tongue. Acting like a pathetic leach. "It's horrible Askan! Not just the pain, but you want to cry over nothing. Then two seconds later you want to rip someone's face off. Then you feel like every inch of you is in flame. You know what would make it all go away, and that has to be the cruelest thing." Did she really just speak out loud? Horrified her eyes widened, and she crinkled her face, muttering, "Stupid..stupid.

She couldn't shut up if she wanted to. She thought about shoving more grass in her face, but ended up shaking her head. Trying to focus on him.

"It was never my intention to leave. I kept going further south, half believing I'd find Phoenix. Just hiding away from the craziness too." She laughed, mocking herself. If she'd ever do anything great."Things kinda went worse from there." This time her whole body shuddered and she had to press her eyes tight. It'd been a long time since she'd cried, and she wasn't going to break the streak. Forcing all that deep, down or at least she tried.

"I began tracing my way back. Wanting to see you, and Reyes. Believing, hoping Phoenix would have been better navigator. I kept thinking how can I? They'll all hate me. Why bother?"

She couldn't quite look him in the eye. Silver ears flattened to her head, a thin frown pressed on her lips as a low whine played in her throat. "I had to. I had to know that the Fields was all right despite my own stupidity. Go ahead chew me up with your words, your teeth. I deserve it."

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan wasn't sure why it was relevant, but yes of course he remembered. It had been spring, not long after Percy had vanished from the field. He remembered one morning in particular, the rye had seemingly shot up over night and Remington-like many others before her- was nowhere to be seen. But then she continued her explanation and-his nose wrinkled and his eyes widened in obvious alarm. He took a step back, and then another, as though she was a flea ridden mutt he didn't dare stand close to.

If he had fingers he would have no doubt shoved them into his ears and yelled 'LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU', but he didn't and so he had to make do.

"No! Nope! Nah, I'm going to stop you there. We are not talking about that. I had three sisters-"

His whole body cringed as he vividly remembered all the wailing, complaining and how they just wouldn't stop showing off their arses to the randos who turned up at the borders. And the smell! God it was awful, a month of hell every year. He dealt with that awful shit for a month two years. Two!

They weren't having this conversation, Askan would not allow it.

So she hadn't intended to leave, things just worked out that way? Hm. Askan pressed his lips together as he reasserted his position, standing tall and proud as he had before.

"I don't want you in my mouth."Well, that came out wrong. His shoulders sagged as he heaved out a sigh, what a mess this was."I can only speak for myself, but knowing them I don't think they hate you. The Old Man was worried, got a little more grey in the process. But I won't lie, seeing you again makes me pissed. Brings back all sort of shit I thought I'd left behind. But you're here and if you really want to stay then you need to prove it, to me and the others."

Inactive No Rank
Remington

She hadn't expected him to take any of it well. But, at least he was still here. Even after that disaster she'd recited. She hadn't been aware he had had so many sisters. Hopefully despite her lack of mental clarity she'd remember that.

Oh gods.She'd probably never forget this.

Still it should have made her happy. But, she still felt Phoenix was her only saving grace, and there was a only the tiniest sliver of him that wanted to forgive. Still she should feel better. Getting it all off her chest, and in the air. Awaiting her punishment. But, the picture before her was even more fuzzy around the edges. Askan though regal looking in playing the part of a leader shouldn't be funny. But, it kinda was. The words that slipped from his lips, she about guffawed! But no, no! If she laughed she wouldn't stop! She folded in her lips, digging her teeth into them until they hurt. Easily, she grimaced, in all of the misery as he would continue in all seriousness.

She had to clear her throat, momentarily look up at the evening sky before she felt like she wouldn't turn into some laughing dolt. "I understand." This would be her one and only chance. Now, she had to prove it with her actions. With her mouth closed tightly again, she hoped it meant that this awkward part was over. Maybe, eventually things could be like they were. She'd get to know them all better. Maybe, she wouldn't come off so foolish in turn. But, she remained, hoping she appeared respectful in her posture waiting to be dismissed. Truthfully she was leaning to the side, and her gaze was suddenly hazy.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

She understood? He would have been a little more convinced if she didn't seem so off? He couldn't exactly remember what she used to be like, but he was pretty sure that she never used to be so...It was hard to place his paw on it, the more he stared the more he probably looked like he was gawping at something on her face. But something was amiss, he just had no idea what.

He tilted his head as a-not so usual- frown tugged at his lips.

"Are you okay? Your eyes are- you're not really looking anywhere?"Unless there was something really interesting behind him, he turned to check and nope, there nothing but trees.

He wasn't really sure what to say or do, she was being weird and he could sense that now wasn't the time to start ranting and raving about the past. If not that, then what? He hadn't planned this far ahead and he certainly hadn't seen this coming either. In essence she had completely disarmed him, but it didn't seem like this was part of her master plan. Especially with how she was leaning like that, as though she was mimicking a slanted tree.

"Do you need to sit down or something?"He stepped forward into her personal space and gave her a sniff. She didn't smell sick, so he could only hope it wasn't contagious.

Inactive No Rank
Remington

Warmness rose in her chest, and she wore a silly grin. A plain higher now.

"Nope." But, she sure was starting not to care. No longer was she sick. She felt warm and fuzzy on the inside. So this was what that was like. But, what about her eyes? Forcefully, she blinked, and scrunched her brow. But, that didn't help. Least, she was pretty sure he was still frowning.

"I am sit...ting," she commented. But, she scowled, a delayed twitch by the sudden invading of her space. "I'm fff...ine," she stammered. "I was si...ck earler, but tha grass helped." She attempted to indicate over her shoulder, but the sudden motion was too much. She slipped onto her back with a hiccup! The dark indigo of the sky greeting her. She smiled, thinking it was pretty. Now, she felt so tired. Remembering Askan she tried to fight her eyes to stay open. "Oh..shh..." but, she couldn't even finish the cuss word. She couldn't panic, as she might have if she hadn't eaten so much.

(This post was last modified: Nov 13, 2017, 04:20 AM by Remington.)