(See All?) Announcements
807 Users Online
Google, Archer, Viorel, Bing, Nori

things we lost in the fire — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Forward dated to the 7th. @Treyah || Morning, Cloudy, 11°F (-12°C)

Never once did her absence go unnoticed. Every trip he took careful note of and while he wanted to sometimes stop her it was no use in trying. If anything it would be rude and restricting. They had loved ones out there - lost loved ones. He felt bad that he wasn't out there wearing himself thin as well.

He had let her get a night's rest before he bothered her about the trip. The lead male slipped from Maera's side and moved out into the cold morning. A yawn and a stretch were all he needed to feel a bit more lively. Of course, a stroll would have been nice to warm himself up. Perhaps he could corral Treyah into a patrol.

Kerberos stood a little bit away from the slumbering pile of Tainns. He gave a soft woof to see if that could raise the girl from slumber. That was if she was actually somewhere then in the pile of wolves and not already beating him to rise.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
another day another sin
Treyah Tainn

Despite the recent drop in temperature, Treyah had slept outside the den the night before. Her siblings were getting heavier by the day and they tended to work their way to the top of the pile during the night if she dared to stay put long enough. Kerberos's low bark was met with a rustling of dry leaves as Treyah rose from beneath the shedding bush, dead leaves clinging to her thickening coat as she moved forward to run her flank along his, a wave of her tail a silent greeting as she stretched and yawned. Obviously if she had found any sign, he would have been the first to know. She motioned towards the borders with a silent tip of her head. She wasn't quite ready to deal with the whirlwind of energy that was the three Tainn children just yet.

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He had to fight back a chuckle as a pile of leaves quickly transformed into the large form of Treyah. The Rigel silently greeted her with a gentle nudge as he followed her motion. It was easy to let things stay silent for a few moments. Kerberos wanted to give her time to shake off the grog of sleep before asking anything. Was the polite thing to do after all.

"How was the trip?" The male lead asked with a raised brow. It was a rather broad question but that allowed his co-lead to tell him what she wished. Good or bad. Although he had to assume nothing pressing had been found otherwise he likely would have heard about it before she went to sleep.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
we sat and made a list of all the things we lost
Treyah Tainn

She didn't feel a need to force a smile when Kerberos was around. His question was met with one despite the hopeless edge to it, "Nothing to report really, I went north beyond the ghastly woods to a small spring with out any sign of any of them." She could still see the glittering red rocks and the way the light danced off the frost on the leaves there. "There was a really pretty creek full of red rocks. I think there might have been a pack there once, can't say I blame them... If you were still looking out for other options." The latter was added with a small smirk, there was no harm in keeping their options open, just as her father had said. The more people they lost the more she wondered if it was a Tainn curse or just this part of the forest.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

A small sigh left his lips and his ears fell back for a brief moment. At this point, he was starting to believe that they were simply disappearing out of thin air. But his appearance changed at her mention of a nice place. Kerberos let his shoulders roll softly as he offered the Tainn a smile. "Maybe we'll go see it sometime." A brow raised in an almost questioning manner. "As my co-lead from here until who knows when we're gonna have to make decisions together. Including moving." Maybe that would help her feel a bit better about the idea no matter if they went through with it or not.

He gently bumped her shoulder. "Plans for today?" Kerberos wouldn't be surprised if she was already planning her next trip.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
we sat and made a list of all the things we lost
Treyah Tainn

Until who knows when. The words were enough to cause the girl to miss a step, her chin almost connecting with the dirt as she stumbled. She brushed it off with a low chuckle, doing her best to act as though nothing had happened at all. She was never quite herself first thing in the morning and the added stresses that came with leading only meant she was waking up on less sleep than she'd ever had before. "It's definitely worth a look, even if we don't end up living there, I'll show you once we find Lacey and things settle down around here, promise!" She tried to keep her voice chipper, as if there were no doubt the young girl would turn up any day now.

As for her plans, "Borders, caches, the usual. I'll check around the riffle the day after tomorrow, I'll plan to be back before the end of the day though, she can't have gone that far surely. What about you?"

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He smiled softly, nodding his head along. "I'm sure curiosity got the best of her. Maybe one too many stories or too much of me and her mother's more adventurous traits." Kerberos could only hope that nothing got a hold of her or that she had listened to enough lessons to know some basic survival skills. But hell, if she had Maera's blood in her then she should be fine on her own - although that didn't mean Kerb wanted her out there still.

The riffle wasn't very far from here so he didn't protest. "Make sure Maera's alright, keep my eyes peeled around here. Nothing nearly as exciting as your adventures." A sly smile pulled on his ebony lips as he thought about their last conversation. "You know," He started off slowly. "sometimes I wonder if there is a boy I need to worry about." Digging his own grave again, because the first one wasn't deep enough.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
I was the match and you were the rock
Treyah Tainn

Treyah wasn't that much older than Lacey when they came to this side of the Lore. It wasn't like she was completly clueless and the Tainn offered a nod of solidarity at the mention that her curosity just getting the better of her. After all, the area around the draw may as well have been a ghost town, it was incredibly unlikely she had met with foul play at the paws of another. With the weather turning it was only a matter of time before she came home cold and hungry and gave up on her desires to wander for a day or two until she'd managed to fill her belly at least.

She gave his sly smile a sideways glance, her own eyes narrowing at the gesture, smile growing to match his own as he spoke. "Maybe there are lots of boys," At least he looked a whole lot less gloomy than he had been lately. "But don't worry Kerb, none of them hold a flame to you. You've got nothing to worry about." She braced herself for a shove or a nip, some sort of retaliation for her cheek.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He should have stopped while he still could but it was too late. Kerberos had to at least get one more small jab in.

"Lots of boys, eh? Do they know about each other?" He smirked before pushing his head into her shoulder letting her know he was just teasing as if that wasn't even obvious enough already. The Rigel male thought he deserved this. Everything had been so tense lately he needed someone to joke around with every now and then. Treyah was a welcomed companion because somehow she saw light all around them despite things being so messy and chaotic lately.

Kerberos kept moving along almost bracing himself for the larger Tainn to return his shove to her shoulder.