(See All?) Announcements
790 Users Online
Bing, Google

in case of rapture — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul>short. bad. museless. SAVE MEEEEE <3</li></ul>A wary, frozen paw tested the frozen sheet of glass. Cautiously, his weight shifted forward, and gradually he threw what was left of his weight onto the next paw, but it slid out from underneath him, and suddenly he was gliding and scrambling. Half exhilarated and half terrified, he fought to regain his feet, or at least a sense of control in the direction he was headed. Yelping and clawing, he flung himself towards the shore, only to find himself moving backwards. By the time he finally gave up and slid to a stop, he was well out into the middle of the lake. Exasperated gusts of air fumed from his nostrils as he lay prostrate on the sheet of dark blue. Vaguely, he realized that he was somehow walking above a lake, and he recalled being half-drowned on several occasions in other bodies of water. Staring down through the ice as if it were a clouded window pain, he felt an acute sense of dread and awareness. The profound depth of the lake chilled him to the very bone. A whine escaped the scrawny monster, entwining itself with the thin cloud of his breath.

</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Feb 03, 2012, 05:43 AM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<i> -swoops in to the rescue- </i>

what a shame we all became such fragile broken things.

She made of point of not traveling too far. How much they had grown was quite, she hated to be at a great distance. Winter a firm thing for the next coming moons she had made a routine to check the meadow for caribou daily. Studying when they came and went, and sometimes where their trails would lead. It being a rather nice day with time (her immortal enemy) to kill, she would decide to follow their hoof prints which seemed to come from the mountain pass. Which wasn't like her at all. She had avoided the mountain at all costs, it was the greatest reminder of everything she had gone through. She could not hang around the Hollow. She had given herself permission to leave it for a short escape.

The mountain range was so close now, looming above her. A dreadful sigh she was tempted to stop right then, turn around and head back home. She had come pretty far for the banks of Swift River loomed to her right. Should she stop to say hello? When she faced the mountain it's majestic peak, rising with it's jagged rocks, it mocked her. If she had stayed away what would her life had been? Better or worse? She never could decide, feeling fate would have put her through hell in due time. She glared at it with a fierce scowl, and clenched teeth. Damn you. What or who she was damning was unclear. What was she was conquering it today. So the climb began.

What a long, treacherous climb it was. She would not be defeated. She threw herself into the effort, both body,mind, and heart against the rocky beast. To an on looker there would appear no point, except she was intent on reaching the top. Step after step, she pulled, and fought against the rocky slopes. Slide nor pain slowly her down till at last she reached the breath taking lake she had never seen. It stole her breath, what was left of it, even in the cold clutches of winter it was beautiful. She approached the frigid shore, her ribcage rising and falling in short lengths.

Wait was that something dead atop the thick ice? She squinted trying to get a better look, but not quite dared to venture too close. "Hello?!"

(This post was last modified: Jan 24, 2012, 09:10 PM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>
A faint, disembodied voice floated across the ice, bouncing off his tattered ginger ears and ricocheting off his skull. Immediately, his ears flattened against his skull as if he had been smacked. <i>Jayse.</i> Only a deaf, senseless badger wouldn't have been able to recognize that voice. A strange feeling bubbled inside of him, equal parts regret, fear, and jubilee. He whirled about, his desperate eyes searching the shore for the creature he remembered so well. Part of him hoped he was crazy, that he was just hearing things. <i>Jayse.</i> She had saved him. She hated him. Did she hate him? Hadn't things changed? But he'd left. What did that mean any more.

Her coat concealed her well, for his eyes found nothing. Hungrily, he imagined her silvery figure, folded in with the ripples of the blanketed hills. Struggling to his feet, he skidded left, right, and then fell down. Kiche would have called out eagerly if hesitation didn't raise a red flag. Would she even want to see him again? Did <i>he</i> really want to see her again, or was he just starving for the familiar? Unable to decide but unwilling to be indesicive, his called out across the expanse, "<b>Jayse? Where are you?</b>" Once more, he scraped his way to his feet, only to slide forward, sideways, diagonally, and spin around wildly. At some point, though, he thought he had caught a glimpse of her. Caught up in the madness of a whim, he added, "<b>Come out here!</b>"
</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

Eyes strained agianst the reflected beams of the sun's ray from the icey glass. She did not expect a response, she was almost certain the creature was dead. Was it some log stuck out in the ice. She could not tell for sure, and though her nostrils quivered there was no scent to say. Taking moment to catch her breath, she decided after all this she could use a brisk drink. Only to find unfrozen water. She meandered, closer the object almost forgotten until from the corner of her sight she realized it was moving. Moving! She snapped to attention, rising high almost on the tips of her paws uncertain of what she was seeing. Something huge was rising, and falling out there. But what?

Suddenly a voice, a most familiar tone called out her name. Kiche?! He was alive! After all this time she had worried he had withered away, or disappeared and he too had been made dead in her mind. Her frame was frozen, her lips stopped with no quick answer. She felt hopeful, and bemused at the same time. "I..I'm here!" she finally managed to answer not moving so he might see her against the matching landscape. What on earth was he doing here? Mismatched eyes watched him struggle against the slip, and slide against the smooth surface trying to get to her. He was having no easy time. Brows furrowed in deep lines, she took a hesitant stride forward with her eyes locked to the lake. Come out there? "And how in hell am I suppose to do that?" She called back aware she would skitter around as bad if not more worse than he. She had saved him last time, but this? How was she suppose to conquer this? A bit of courage, and perhaps a dash of stupidly she let out a loud puff of air. "Very well," she muttered through her teeth, uncertain he would hear this. Slowly with her claws out she touched her pads to the ice. Right away her limb wanted to give out. Quickly she lashed her tail out, and balanced herself to stay upright. She did not dare venture any close just yet; it would take baby steps to reach him. What she did when she got there she had no clue.

Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>

No matter how he strained, all he could pick out was her voice. A gust of sound travelled all the way to where he stood, somewhere in the middle nowhere, and struck him with the force of a train. It <i>was</i> Jayse. It was really, <i>truly</i> her, and he could hardly believe it. Even more promising was her tone, which carried no accusation or anger… although perhaps some of it might have spilled out of her voice along the way. His spirits rose higher than he had dared to let them ever since… “<b>Jayse!</b>” He cried again, saying her name merely for the joy of hearing it and knowing it was because she was really <i>here</i>. “<b>Jayse I can’t see you!</b>” Oh God, what he would give to just <i>see</i> her, her familiar face, those familiar, strange eyes.

Even her hesitance, her incredulous question could not dampen his spirits. He laughed, “<b>I don’t care how you do it! Come on!</b>” His body shook from an excitement he could not name. Maybe it was just the cold. Finally, he managed to climb back to an upright position, where his breath was arrested by the sight of a shape in the distance that was making its way out on to the ice. “<b>Jayse!</b>” Forgetting himself, the scrawny ginger brute made a forward lunge, but slipped and got nowhere. Maybe he should take it slower. Gradually, he worked his way back to his paws, and took several, skittering steps forward.

</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

A brow quirked inquisitively wondering if he had finally lost his mind. Sure she had helped him last time, but it was a little odd he would be thrilled to see her. Though he soon made it clear he really did not know where she was. "Well, hold still then," she answered gently shaking her head. He was sending a twinge of a pain into he skull by his ill attempts to reach her. Slowly she seemingly tiptoed atop the slick surface. Once falling onto her haunches with a bit of pain darting up her hip. She clenched her teeth tight, and after a moment rose once more. Soon she almost slipped on her chin, catching herself at the last second. A slightly agrivated snort. She was bound, and determined not to look more a fool than she did.

A little further she pushed herself, and then she leveled her gaze looking at the ginger brute. He was making some progress too. They might just make it off this thing. Yet the closer she managed the scoot, the worse Kiche seemed to look. She imagined he must have some kind of inner strength for all he'd been through. What from she couldn't place. Almost slipping again she came to a sliding halt. "What on earth were you doing out here?" She asked, a stern yet concern tone to her question.

Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul>sorry about the minor powerplay, if it's not okay you only need say so.</li></ul>His former cult-leader exhibited much more restraint and gracefulness as she skidded to a stop in front of him. Kiche was much less capable of stopping in any reliable capacity. Unable to control himself, he crashed into the silver female with the force of a small, solid brick wall, collapsing on top of her. A yelp was all that managed to escape him before they fell to the ground. The collision did nothing to kill his momentum, and they slid together, entwined for a few moments before some semblance of friction grabbed and held them. "<b>Oops,</b>" he barked apologetically, although he did not move to disentangle himself from her body. Breathing in the heavy, wooded scents that clung to the thick white fur at her shoulders, he added quietly, "<b>I've missed you.</b>"

Raising his head, his eyes traveled down the length of the familiar body, and he winced in pain to see the state it was in. When he had last seen her, she had seemed... in better health, though he couldn't say for sure. Fading in and out of consciousness and only truly aware of the pain he was in, he was unsure if he could have come to any conclusions about her physical state. Her body looked like a river of scar tissue. He shuddered. "<b>I.... I... are you alright? I... I'm sorry.</b>" Immediately he withdrew from her, wiggling away a small distance. "<b>I'm so clumsy! I just stepped out onto the lake... because... well, I thought it was water. I wanted a drink. I wasn't expecting this... whatever this is. Do you know what it's called?</b>" He was of course, referring to the ice upon which they were lying. The sheltered house-pet had no name for frozen water, nor had he ever chanced upon an image of it in the black box of moving pictures at home. As the cold from the ice began to seep into his fur, he regretted moving away from Jayse. She was warm.
</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jan 27, 2012, 08:52 PM by Kiche.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i>okay by me :)</i>

Before answer was given she noticed how he was still sliding with birr .

"KI!"She hardly muttered his name before he continued in her direction with such speed the silvery lady was only able to wince, drawing a forelimb upward before he struck against her knocking her atop the ice. He was skin, and bones but it did not feel the greatest, and a loud cough erupted from her crushed ribs why the world began to spin out of control. Eyes pressed closed some claws skittered, and scraped across the thick layer until it seemed they had stopped. Peeling her lids open she was almost afraid to look, but it was obvious they were not moving any more. However her head sure was. Sucking in a breath trying to calm her stomach well aware he was still atop her. She slowly tried to pry herself from him, but could not really decide what to move. Instead she lie on the cold surface trying to find his face. He didn't seem to care he was interfering with her personal space and went as far to pertake her scent at her nape. "I've missed you." Grey dusted ears twitched, surprised by the hushed statement. What could she say? "I'm glad to see you're alive," she managed to answer with a wry smile.

She thought about moving when she noticed he was studying her form,but she didn't want to alarm him if she tried shoving him off. In her eyes Kiche was a still tempermental, and she wasn't sure what sort of mental state he was in. She didn't want to upset the delicate balance of things. He seemed to realize soon enough, and withdrew himself. A brief sigh of relief she slowly tried to sit up all the awhile aware he was talking to her. She struggled trying to keep up with his words, now feeling how the first signs of bruise, and soreness from this escapade. "It's ice, it's what happens to water when it gets so cold," she offered, very gingerly placing her limbs beneath her and standing up once more. She would surely hurt tommorrow. "I'll...be fine," offering a smile, though it was probably more of a wince. Now he was a lot closer she took in his ginger coat. He looked quite thin, but this time he was not covered in blood. Are you okay?"

</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jan 28, 2012, 06:40 PM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>my muse is being sapped away by english class. in order to vent my frustrations of inadequacy, <s>this post is probably going to be short and mostly dialogue</s> maybe not. :P</li></ul></span>

"<b>I could say the same,</b>" he said breathlessly from where he lay on the ice. She was <i>glad</i> to see that he was <i>alive</i>. As he mulled over her crooked smile, he found that he was emphasizing certain words in an attempt to make something more of a simple statement. Depending on how he spun it, he could conclude that she was <i>glad</i>, not <i>happy</i>, that he was <i>alive</i> — not glad to <i>see</i> him— and that she was just being <i>nice</i>, or she was genuinely glad that he was alive after seeing him laying at the threshold of Death's door. It was hard to discern one or the other from the closed, private face beneath the smile. It occurred to him momentarily that he didn't know a damn thing about her. Ultimately, no matter what attempt he made at reading between the lines, he could not really know what she meant or what she really felt. The notion faintly depressed him, making him feel like he might as well be talking to a brick wall instead of the wolf behind it. Jayse had made it clear that she did not completely trust him —what reasons had he ever given her?— and thus, probably would never allow him to climb over the wall.

Defeated and growing more cold by the minute, he hardly paid attention to her explanation of nature's wonder, which was very like him. He was too concerned with the incorporeal, the cerebral, the ephemeral, and never very interested in science, observation, or the physical aspects of life. Some little intelligence, however, did manage to understand that this bit of knowledge was valuable perhaps in some way, and tucked it away in his preconscious. His attention though, was fixed on the pain that darted across the white heathen's face as she dismissed his worries and instead asked after him. Okay? What was "okay" anymore? "<b>Well. I'm starving and I'm lonely...</b>" Kiche breathed as he scrambled upright for the umpteenth time, weighing his words carefully, "<b>And I don't really know where I stand in the scheme of things. I'm so confused right now.</b>" That summed it up quite nicely, he supposed. "<b>So I don't suppose I am.</b>"

</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

She did not know why she was compasionate to this wolf. If she brought him home a second time she doubted Elettra would appreciate it. Borden? She would like to think maybe it would spark something back into him. The children she had to believe may have missed the eccentric ginger male. He had last time spoken of his regret, and had seemed to be trying to be half normal (whatever normal really was). Even now he was not the same wolf she had met, cussed out, and saved. Really how could she help him? He seemed to have missed her, she couldn't wrap her head around why. Quite frankly she didn't think she was somebody anyone, except maybe her children, who would cause someone the want of her company. She had to believe him. He had been thrilled hearing her voice. Could such things be faked and forced? She'd like to think not, what did he have to gain from her? He had miraclously made it without her. When it came time to hear his answer it was evident it could take little to be his end. There was just something pulling out to her heartstrings how lost Kiche was. How maybe this time she could help him like she had wanted to all along.

Maybe that was all she needed, a spark to start the flame. She pushed back her own trouble thoughts, and pain. She had helped Kiche once, and she could do it again. Rising up to a proud stance, she casually gave a flick of her head. Slowly a smile started to grow on her dark lips. "I suppose we can do something about that. Look at you, you've been through hell yet you live. Have you never thought there must be a reason? I think so, I don't know how many times I thought you were dead. Eve now you stand at death's door yet I can't believe how happy you are to see me!" A very short, hushed chuckle piecered what had been awkward silence while she shook her head not wanting to be dismayed."Look Kiche, I want to help you. I've always have. But if you don't want to come back to Grizzly Hollow I understand. I could help you get something to eat, keep you company on my way back...." She offered wanting it to be clear she wasn't going to force him into anything, but she honestly did want to help him some how.