(See All?) Announcements
539 Users Online
Bing, Google, Adora

Simply trying to Breath — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

While Kajika sympathized with Solas and not meeting his father he couldn't really imagine what the young man was going through. There were often times that he wished he didn't know his father. Still there were other times that he was good to have known him for what he'd learned from the man. Then there were the times he was just glad he'd gotten away before he'd changed so much he didn't recognize himself anymore.

A brow was raised at the bark Solas have to answer the question that had been asked of him. The dark alpha listened as he was told about how the young man felt about his mother. “She sounds like a very good mother. I can see why it would he hard for you to be mad at her for not seeking out your father. That could be the reason and from what you've said about her it's a reason I think fits her.” If she was more worried about finding food for Solas and safe places for him to rest she probably didn't spare much thought to finding her son's father.

The dark man was sad that he couldn't offer Solas more about Anthem but he hadn't been in the pack long when the former second died. It was moments like these he wished Namid and Vespertio where there, it was them Solas should he talking to. They weren't so Kajika would do the best he could for both the young man and for Anthem. Maybe he could offer some kind of peace or something to help.

“I was new to the pack and had just returned from hunting when I ran into him in the forest. We talked about ranks and roles in the pack. He also offered to tell me about some of the other members which I accepted. He was kind to give me plenty of information to help me settle in and get to know the other members.” He had always felt his first meeting with Anthem had gone well. Kajika shook his head when asked about other wolves related to Anthem. “I'm afraid not. His brother and sister were here. I'm not sure what happened to Angele but Nathaniel stayed for a while after his death before he too moved on.”

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
It had been hard when he had first learned that Anthem was dead. His mood had gone from sad, angry to depressed. Solas would have joined the Cove wolves much sooner had he been able to deal with it but he hadn't. He had chosen to go off on his own until he felt that they had faded sufficiently and that he had come to term with his father's death. He had only had to deal with two deaths in his life. The first the wolf that had attacked his mother when she had been sleeping. He hadn't been able to escape the two of them. The second death came from his mother. So to say that he wasn't experienced in dealing with the death was an understatement.

She was. Solas responded his face softening as he remembered the way she would play with him even though they needed to keep moving and searching for food. How she would shield him if they ran into pack wolves who weren't always friendly. She had loved him that he knew without a doubt.

It seemed that they had talked about roles and the other members of the pack. Not all that interesting but when you had just joined a pack the information could be useful. Solas could ask for similar information but that fact was that he had met everyone within the territory except for Chan. Solas wasn't sure if he should approach their youngest member yet. Younger wolves didn't always understand why members left and the stormy male wouldn't have answers to those questions.

Solas sighed. He had an aunt and an uncle but they were both gone now. It was a comfort to know that he had other family members that were still living but he didn't feel the urge to find them. Not like he had with his father. I see. Thank you for the information Solas responded. I guess it might be better that they aren't here. They might not have reacted well if they learned about me. or saw him. How would they have responded to a wolf that resembled Anthem so much?
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

To Kajika it didn't matter if he had known Anthem as well as Naimd and Vespertio he knew that Solas would always have a place in the cove as long as he wanted it. While he hoped Anthem's son would make the cove his permanent home he didn't know what the man had in mind. The cove needed Solas and the dark man couldn't help but wonder if maybe the pale man didn't need the cove too. It was one of those instances where only time would tell, he hated the waiting game but he wouldn't force the man to stay if he didn't want to.

Speaking of Sola’s mother reminded the alpha of his own mother. How kind and loving she had been when he was a pup but even over time she had changed just as his father had. After leaving his home he had realized how lucky he was to have gotten out when he did but he knew he would never be able to go back.

It wasn't hard to pull up the memory of his first.time meeting the Coldheart and how kind he had been. Kajika had felt welcome in a time when he was uncertain of himself and where his place was in the pack. He hadn't been aware of how packs worked in the lore but Anthem had given him the information that he'd needed to succeed and know where he wanted to go in the pack. He would always be grateful to the former guardian for that meeting and what he had done.

As for the other members of Anthem's family Kajika hadn't known them well and perhaps less than he'd known the guardian. He was sorry he couldn't give more information about them but he gave what he could. “It was my pleasure and if you have more questions I will be glad to try and answer them for you. Maybe it would be and maybe it wouldn't I can't say for sure how they would have reacted but I hope one day you can meet them since they would be able to tell you more.”

Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
As a loner, it had been comfortable sure it was hard but there was something when you knew that you could go where you wanted and choose where to go. You weren't constrained to one area and you sure didn't have to bow your head to another if you didn't want to. Hunger was a more constant thing that you either got used to or honed your skills. Being in a pack was different. You didn't have to worry about finding food all the time when there were others you could catch something if you couldn't. You could also bring down much bigger prey than what one wolf alone could aim for.

Also, the connections one created were different. Solas gazed silently at Kajika. He might be thinking about leaving but it was hard to find wolves that weren't in it just for themselves. Most loners were selfish and that included Solas. In a pack, however, everyone worked together to make sure that they thrived or at least didn't suffer. With that all being said he might have to think a little harder about staying and trying to make this work and possibly find out what about this place had made his father stay.

I don't have any more at the moment but if I have some I will be sure to find you. Solas remarked as he stood. Unless they come back I'm not going to be meeting them anytime soon since I don't feel like trying to find them. Finding his father had been an interesting experience to say the least and Solas didn't want to repeat it with Angele and Nathaniel.

I was thinking about going hunting do you want to come with? Solas asked tipping his head. He hadn't really been thinking about it but it was something they could do together and if he had any more questions Kajika would be right there to answer them.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The alpha only knew how it was in his birth pack and in the cove, it was the difference between the two packs that led him to believe all packs were different. In the cove everyone was family whether they were related through blood or not. It had been that way as long as he had been there and it would remain that way as long as he was alpha. He didn't know when or if Namid and Vespertio would ever return, though he hoped they did. Solas was now part of their family because he had joined and because of Anthem. It was the best way Kajika knew to honor the guardian who had been so loyal.

The dark man often worried about the future of the cove. Their numbers had dipped depressingly low making them a rather small pack. So often he tried not to think about what could happen but when he did he wondered what would happen to each of them, would he lose his godson? For the time being the cove was safe and they had each other. As long as the cove was there he would ensure Solas would have a home but he worried that Anthem's son would leave them. He understood the man before him had a lot to figure out.

“Please do, I am always available to talk if you need anything.” The dark alpha was doing his best to run the pack as Vespertio would. Kajika nodded, “I can't say if they will or not but it is your choice if you do or don't. However if you change your mind come talk to me and we can work something out.” He thought it best to make that clear so hopefully if Solas did change his mind and decide to go look for his aunt and uncle he wouldn't just disappear.

“I would like that, hopefully we can catch something good for the cache.” He'd been meaning to do some hunting that day. Now with Solas he might have better luck.

(This post was last modified: Nov 12, 2017, 05:10 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: If you want you can fade this and then we start up a hunt thread.

Glancing at the graves Solas noticed the third one and realized that another member of the pack must lay there. He hadn't noticed it before but then he hadn't been looking in its direction. He had been focused on the one that held his father. He silently hoped that they had found peace wherever they were.

Looking once more to Kajika he responded back. I'll let you know right away if I ever decide to go looking for them. He had no intention to do so and he had already made that clear. They had left and even though it was sort of nice to know that he had family out there the challenge of dealing with Anthem's death had made him wary of going out in search of the other two. What if all he found were more graves? He would feel more alone than he had before. No, best to just leave them be. If he was lucky they would come back but if they didn't that was okay.

Silently Solas nodded in agreement as he walked away from the graves one ear towards Kajika. They might be able to find something in the territory but if they continued to hunt in they would chase all the prey away. Maybe it was time to head outside it and see if they could find something outside the borders. They might run into some loner's as well. Should we head outside the pack territory? Solas asked with a brief glance.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Faded and archived.

As alpha it was his job to look out for the pack in whatever way they needed. He had to help each wolf the best he could so that they would be able to do their jobs as well. While he didn't want to see Solas go to find his aunt and uncle Kajika would let him go if that was what he decided he needed to do. “That would be appreciated as I have had my fill of wolves leaving without word,” He stated a bitterness entering his tone. So many wolves had come and gone, just disappearing from the cove, the dark man had grown tired of it.

For the duration of the conversation with Solas Kajika hadn't let his gaze drift the most recent grave, the one that belonged to Des. Though he'd moved past that part of his life there were still some wounds that has not healed. He moved toward the grave before they would take their leave. As he stood over it her lowered his head and closed his eyes paying his respects to the woman for a moment.

When he finished he turned back to Solas as he spoke of hunting outside the territory. “I think we should, we might have better luck,” he agreed. Moving away from the grave he looked to Solas once more, “Let's get going maybe we can bring down a deer or something of the like.”

Fade