(See All?) Announcements
508 Users Online
Google, Bing

you have fallen from the sky — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nuru who has 76 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Neko Inali
Neko wagged her tail and panted lightly, pleased that the boy was opening up to her, and even more pleased that he showed enthusiasm and interest. “I think everyone starts out being kinda useless. Like me, not long ago, I confused a poisonous plant for a medicinal one. Something like that could’ve ended badly. One of my pack-mates told me if I screw up, just get back on my feet and keep trying.”

What really caught her attention was when the other wolf mentioned an uncle who was supposed to be good plants and was supposed to live in the area somewhere. Maybe she could add him to her bucket-list of potential teachers for her to meet, unless he was already on her list, and if she ever got around to visiting any of them. “I wouldn’t mind hearing more about this uncle of yours,” she said with a wag of her tail and her ears perked, “I’m always interested in finding someone to teach more. Like I said before, I have a lot to learn. There are quite a few packs around here, and I think quite a few loners as well, but to be honest, I haven’t really met very many wolves outside of my pack.” She settled her wagging tail a bit still thumped ground and asked, “So, is that why you’re here? To visit your uncle?”
Played by Arla who has 88 posts.

The yellow-eyed stranger made a good point. But it didn’t stop the Selwyn from feeling any less useless. His brother was big and strong; he would make a fine hunter or guardian, a protector or something. His sister was lean and confident—the perfect combination for a scout, or maybe even a hunter. They were useful. Then there was him. Seven could hardly talk without stumbling over his words or walk without tripping over his oversized paws. He didn’t have any talents; no skills. Oh well! He gave a short nod to show that he understood but didn’t respond verbally. She had made her point and Seven didn’t want to argue with a strange feral wolf.

“I’ve never met him before an’ nobody knows if he still lives here,” He shrugged gently, dismissing his words. “His name is Nin—Lach-somethin’. Lachest? I dono.” The yearling knew his uncles number, but his given name was a little more tricky to remember. Niccy or Melia probably remembered… they were good at that kind of stuff.

So, is that why you’re here? “Yeah,” he answered quickly with a sharp nod accompanying his words. “Kinda. Him and some other family that’s supposed t’live here, too.” His father, mainly, but his mother never mentioned whether he had gone this far south or if he was still in the mountains they were supposed to go to first but obviously missed. “My sibs ’n I came together. We, uh, haven’t really met many wolves outside our pack either.” Like, ever. He shrugged again. 

Neko Inali
Neko’s tail thumped the ground once again as the other tried to give the name of his uncle. Lach or Lachest didn’t mean anything to her. She wondered if he meant Lachesis. She hadn’t met him yet, but she knew he was healer, and she knew that he had the respect of Reyes and Askan as well as her alphas and others in her pack. (To have the respect of Reyes and Askan was nothing to sneeze at.)

With her ears perked, eyes wide, and tail wagging, she struggled to remain sitting but still managed to keep her composure. “I don’t know a Lach or Lachest,” she said, “but I do know a Lachesis, and he is a healer. Well, I guess should say I know of him since I’ve never actually met him myself, but everyone in my pack who knows him thinks pretty highly of him. I’m actually hoping to get him to teach me some of what he knows whenever I do meet him ‘cause I hear he’s a really good healer. He leads a pack near a river in that direction.” She raised a fore-paw to point northeast in the direction of Hearthwood River. “It’s supposed to be on the other side of a huge lake with a bunch of islands in it.”

Lachesis! How could he have been so dumb. He’d gotten the name right before—heck, he’d even had help with another wolf who kind of pointed him in the right direction. This wolf, however, was a lot more specific. She hadn’t met the pale healer herself—not like Remington—but she had heard of him. And she had a better idea of where he lived! Seven was really getting lucky with the ferals he was encountering, for they had all been so helpful. Not at all like he, and his siblings, had thought. Other side of a lake, big islands, got it. The peppered yearling flashed her a big, lopsided grin. Lachesis. I’ll remember it one day, he added with a reassuring wink, his dark plume wagging frantically behind him. It would be so embarrassing to show up at Lachesis’ borders and not be able to remember his name. Thank you, seriously, he chirped as he studied the direction she’d pointed in, committing the mass of trees to memory. You’ve been super helpful.

His head flopped tot he side. He didn’t even know her name. Surely there was something he could do for her, like he'd offered to Remington. M’names Seven, he introduced hastily, his paws buzzing with excitement. Is there anything I can do for you? You gave me heaps of information, there’s gotta be something I can help you with. Another toothy grin was flashed in her direction. He wasn’t normally this nice, or forward, but the excitement was flooding through him and pushing the words off his tongue before he could catch them.

Neko Inali
Neko stood to her feet, her tail wagging uncontrollably as she caught up in the other’s excitement. You’ve been super helpful. Seeing another happy made her feel happy as well, and it pleased her to hear that she was able to help him with what little information she had. “My name’s Neko,” she said, “and it’s a pleasure to meet you.” She hesitated, not sure what he could help her with.

She thought about asking if he had seen any useful plants in the area, but he had already said he didn’t know much about them, and she sure didn’t want to make him feel useless again. Other than that, she didn’t think she needed much help, but she wanted to make him feel useful. “Um… maybe you could travel with me a little ways. I’ve kinda gotten used to being with my pack, and I never really liked being alone either. It’d be nice to have some company. You know, safety in numbers.” She might have been safer alone because her size and speed would allow her to escape from dangerous situations, but she really liked having others with her. “And maybe we could help each other catch some food, too.”

She looked towards the mountains where she planning on going. She knew it was not in the same direction as Hearthwood River, but maybe she could change her course for short distance. Seven wouldn’t have to know, and it would give her a break from being alone.

Assume Neko leaves after your next post, whether alone or with Seven.
archived & faded <3

Neko. He committed the name to memory but there were no promises that he would remember. Names always failed the peppered yearling, even though they were necessary for his quest. Both this girl and the last he’d encountered had filled his head with a lot of information—so much it made his head throb. But it was all good, useful information, which he was incredibly thankful for.

Her answer had taken him off guard but he responded with a sharp nod and a wide grin. Of course! He was not opposed to having company, either, for he had gotten used to travelling with his siblings. This was the first time he’d ever been on his own, and while it had been his suggestion it was still a little unnerving. Especially in new territory. He’d noticed her glance toward the mountains, where Seven had been thinking of going next, as he was also looking to find his siblings before heading east to Hearthwood. We can head there first, he mused as he took a step toward the mountains, motioning for the girl to follow him south with a flick of his nose. He did not mind detouring either, for now he knew where he was supposed to go…

Fade, thread complete.