433 Users Online
Apollo, Bing, Google

freeze frame — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
It's in the eyes I can tell you will always be danger

When he was young, he had always been fascinated his mother had grown up on a shore, and had left in all behind for this. Now after experiencing it first hand he understood the appeal it had been. How hard it was to set away from it. If there was one thing he missed it in his travels it was the ocean. It had been one of the higher things to like about Torbine. It was easy to sit at the shore, and just listen to the waves. Take a light nap, or go off to find a new discovery. Endless entertainment for the children. All that summer heat making swimming was a daily occurrence.

At least here there was one place that was its own little ocean. The lagoon. It greeted him like a familiar friend, still untainted. Just as he had left it. He supposed this meant a lot more to him than the ocean ever would. He captured its scent in his lungs, watching the sun beginning to ease on down where it would soon start to paint the sky and water.

(This post was last modified: Nov 14, 2017, 08:03 PM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

Morganna had an inkling, a trail here, a scent on the breeze there so she wasn't entirely taken by surprise when Renier came into view. If he was here... She gave a genuine smile, but then again, maybe he wasn't quite ready to be reunited, after all, she had had a few weeks now to do what she needed to do and she had to remind herself that even if he set out again he would come back. Hadn't he shown her time and time again? He always came back.

So when she walked up behind him and gently bumped her chest into his rump with a smirk she was careful not to plunge him into the water (in case that damn fish was somewhere nearby). Perhaps they were coming to a truce since she was pretty much living here at the moment but hadn't dared to set a paw in the water, but still, she wasn't entirely sure how fish society worked or if there even was such thing as a truce.

There was a familiar affectionate grumble in her chest as her flank ran along his, her nose finding it's way under his jaw before she made herself stop, as much as she wanted to shove, bow, wrestle and growl, she wanted to enjoy this moment too, the quite familiarity and closeness as her tail bumped against his leg.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall

The list was short who would "run into him" like that. Thankfully, none of his children had quite dared nor had been tall enough. A rumbling protest started in his chest. But,that's as far as it went. He leaned against her touch, returning a nudge of his own. Half of him was surprised she wasn't knocking him into the sand.

"Didn't take you long," he muttered, preening at the hair along her cheek. He figured she'd still be up north. But, it didn't bother him one bit she was here. It was nice to have a moment alone. Uninterrupted. Taking care of five children was exhausting. They could never all be satisfied at once.

Without warning, teeth placed a light nip to her shoulder. The Lyall pranced into the water, his tail high, moving to and fro. Surely she wasn't scared of the water any more.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

She had been enjoying the moment, but then he had to go and ruin it. The fur along her spine stood up and her lips pulled back in a tight line. "'e's still in there." Hell she was almost showing the whites of her eyes in her panic. "Thrashin' around an' throwin' water jus' before I went up ter th' monadnock." Far from her usual fearless self, she actually took a step back from the lagoons edge. "Would yer please get outta there?" Her heart was thudding heavily with anxiety, a low whine growing in the back of her throat. "Please!" she tried pleading again.

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall

Scared was an understatement. He might as well had been throwing myself into the open jaws of a whale. It wasn't that he'd forgotten about the sturgeon. He had thought living near the ocean may have changed something. Nope.

"All right." Unable to tease, he stepped back onto the sand, entirely solemn. Never quite witnessing this level of fear, not like this. Oh gods, apparently that damn fish was still alive. He planted a kiss to her chin, trying to meet her gaze. See if she'd pulled herself back together. See if she'd look away form the water."What do you plan on doing when the kids want to go in?" Sure, she could probably command them. But, not like this. He knew them. That wouldn't last long. They'd be doing it when they thought no one was looking. They'd get a thrill if they were forbidden.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

While Morganna's eyes were still glued to the water, her vision was quickly obscured by Renier's face. She managed to blink once, then twice, and released a breath she hadn't realised she was holding. "'M sorry, 'e's probably harmless, but I haven't seen 'is teeth." It was a stupid thing to be scared of after all, a fish. When he asked what she would do when the kids wanted to go in she almost second-guessed her decision to come here, it wasn't too late to relocate after all. But that wouldn't help her get over it. "Maybe we should try ter eat it?" though she didn't expect hunting such a creature would be an easy task. He should have expected such a response from her of all people.

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall

There was concern, but it was concealed. "It is a pretty big fish." If it'd make her feel better it was dead, than it'd make him. But, it had strange scales, and didn't mind leaping out of the water. Which he wasn't convinced she would step into again. Who knows what the other two ladies would think. But, he wasn't the least bit surprised by her answer. He couldn't help but grin, a faint chuckle. Playfully, he nosed at her cheek. "Well that would solve the problem." But, he was pretty sure they wouldn't want to eat that thing. Least there was some fact or other he was trying to remember.

"So, where have you not been?" She had had quite the head start, and had never been one to doddle. Now she was back, he didn't doubt there were plenty she had the intention to visit or already had.

(This post was last modified: Dec 07, 2017, 09:18 PM by Renier.)
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

Morganna was inching closer to the water as Renier responded. He was right, she was being absolutely ridiculous. It was a fish, and she was a wolf, and while their worlds didn't intersect often, it happened often enough. When he asked where she hadn't been she answered with a low hmm, that was the real question wasn't it? "East. I should head over there an' lay down some markers jus' in case." Piety knew of the children's impending arrival in the north, Ravenna and Greer had the heights and the central area covered, and they were located towards the west by placing themselves at the lagoon but there was still the risk they'd pop up on the wrong side of the mountain. "Greer's leadin' a pack on th' heights..." Her toes were sinking into the mud at the edge of the lagoon, a deep breath taken as she took another step forward, eyes straining for any movement that might indicate the big fish was onto her.

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall

He could see she was trying. Wishing to put the fear to rest. It wasn't giong to be so easy. The Lyall remained still, his gaze drifting from her to the water. He had yet to see a disturbance, but kept an eye out for her.

An ear flicked to her. Renier knew there was a world beyond the mountain, but he'd never had reason to cross it. She was right. The children could end up over there, and no one could point them the right way. He nodded in agreement. "I think I'll poke around here more. See what else has changed. You'll have to tell me what it's like over there." If it was vastly different from here, or pretty much the same. If there might be a point of interest because over there was a blank canvas for both of them.

He took the steps needed to be near her side, a little surprised by the news. Greer had been a quiet one. He'd never really thought he'd been in want for something more. But he had noticed there was confidence that lurked beneath his dark coat. He must have a mate to have his own pack. "He has the right mind to." He wasn't brash, and haughty like some others he could name.

She barely stepped foot in the water so he mirrored her. "You seen Ravenna yet?" He kept his voice quiet, if that might help keep the fish at bay.