Apollo, Google, Bing, Adelard, Nadine

taken its toll — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 291 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh
For @Treyah 
November 13, Late afternoon

It had been somewhere around six weeks since Sachiel had disappeared, at least Draven thought that was right. He had followed his trail for two days hardly resting, moving north before he lost it around Cold Water Creek. Since then the father had spent countless nights doubling back on his trail, sweeping the surrounding vale meticulously but to no avail. The Leigh had tried going farther north but had ended up turned around and somewhere back around where he had started. Without seeing any other option he had crossed the mountain, though he knew that odds were slim that the pup could have made it across the stony giant.

Draven had ended up on an area of the mountain he had never seen before, even during his year with the Cove. He had considered going back to ask for help but had too much shame to show his face there and say he had lost Namid’s grandson. Especially given what had gone down between himself and Neha. Instead, when he found the top of the waterfall and had followed the water to where it plunged below.

By the time he got to the pools below he was exhausted. Even with the cooler weather of the late fall afternoon his mouth felt unquenchably dry. Leaning over to lap at the water he didn’t even think about where he was or who might be lurking in the mist created from the crashing falls. All he could think about was finding Sachiel, and trying not to think about what it would mean if he could never find him.

Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
'Cause nobody can save me
Treyah Tainn

Treyah had set out again with a fierce determination to bring at least one of the wolves that had gone missing from her home back. She wasn't going to let Lacey fall off the radar like her mother, and brother, and Z - they were all old enough to look after themselves but Lacey? While it was true she was able to hunt and had enough sense to get by she was still just... so young. Even when she had left the Bend with her parents they were still there, never more than a short howl away. It seemed like it took no time at all to reach the falls, the thick mist concealing the drinking wolf until she collided with his flank.

His scent bought with it a sense of deja vu and she took a moment, both to step back and apologise with a hasty "Sorry!" before her sight adjusted and she laughed, "We gotta stop bumping into each other like this!"

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh

Draven’s mind was so wound up in itself that it took a couple of moments for it to process what was happening. The thud hit his flank and he spun around to see the golden eyes staring back at him happily and he just blinked back in surprise. It took several moments before he realize that this wasn’t just some weird daydream that had been procured out of exhaustion and it was Treyah standing standing in front of him and, laughing?

Draven tilted his head to the right and blinked again, ”Treyah? What are you doing here?” Little did he know that she should be asking him that, he had wandered practically right into her lap unwittingly. He couldn’t wrap his head around what was going on, he had barely slept in weeks and ate only when he was beginning to feel light headed. His weight was down and the exhaustion was deep in his eyes, he certainly didn’t look like he had last time.

[Image: draven-greypixel01.gif]
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
'Cause nobody can save me
Treyah Tainn

There was less to him than there had been before, now that she looked closer, her brows twitched down with concern. "Are you alright Draven? You're on my side of the mountain, I'm out here looking for Lacey," So much had happened, oh god, she'd gone over there to tell them that her dad was sick and now she was Leader, gosh where did she even start?

Food, obviously. He was exhausted and starving and she didn't want to overload him, dazed as he was until he was at least fed. "Hmm, ok, lets go find you something to eat, wait right here ok?" She was certain there had to be a warren or something around here somewhere, plentiful water source, nice thick tree coverage, the place should have been teaming with edible critters! But a skinny hare in the middle of changing into to his winter coat would have to do for now.

Clamped firmly between her jaws she dropped it at her companions feet. "Eat first, then we'll talk!" Her tone was bright and there was a smile on her face but concern still lingered around the corner of her eyes. What on earth had happened and why didn't he smell of the Vale?

Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh

Somewhere deep in his stomach Draven felt bad for being the reason that Treyah’s smiling, laughing face turned to concern. Suddenly he felt self conscious about how he must look standing here now, hardly having slept or eaten since Sachiel disappeared. Shuffling backwards slightly as if a little distance would hide his appearance he winced as his back paws stepped into the freezing water of the shallow pool. Clearing his throat he realized that the yearling had been speaking to him just in time to catch her last few words, ”Lacey? Is someone you know missing?” Oh god, was it some kind of epidemic?

Oh. Now she was going to feed him like he was some kind of helpless pup, but before he could speak up to stop her she was on the move. Feeling awkward just standing there he did his best to sniff around the underbrush in search of some kind of prey. Unfortunately, Treyah found something before he did and he sheepishly accepted the gift that she presented him. His pride didn’t want him to, but his survival instinct knew that he had to if he wanted to continue searching.

Not a wolf of many words Draven didn’t know what to say so instead he reached out and brushed his nose gently against her chin. Surely she would know that this was his way of giving her thanks. After devouring the hare in a way that was most likely unflattering Draven cleared his throat. The man gave a half hearted attempt at cleaning his muzzle before he looked up to meet Treyah’s eyes, the warm gold marred with concern. The pair lay upon the ground now facing one another and he knew he could avoid it no longer, ”Sachiel, my son disappeared almost two months ago. There was blood on the ground and the scent of a cat and a stranger and he was nowhere to be found.” And Draven had failed him as a father.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Her shoulders relaxed, relieved to see him eating and a short nod was given to the question about Lacey, "Yeah, my co-leads girl, oh! I'm leader now..." It wasn't a common occurrence but she was doing her best to fill the role. But, it would seem the Draw weren't the only ones missing a pup, her face freezing in shock for a moment when he mentioned the missing child was his son. Oh. Of course, he'd have a son and a mate, how foolish was she? She managed what she hoped was a reassuring smile, even if it was a little tight around the edges, "Your mate must be beside herself with worry, I know Maera is..."

Why did she suddenly feel so awkward?

"I mean, it's not like those pup-nappers with the bone piles are around anymore, didn't the whole lore come together to kill them off? I'm sure they're both fine, probably just got turned around in the fog, I'm sure they'll both turn up soon, maybe they're together?" she was speaking for too fast and staring somewhere over his shoulder. She never had this problem talking to Kerb and he had a mate too. Maybe she just needed a moment to process the information.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh

Draven tilted his head at her words but his tail thumped behind him, ”Congratulations Treyah, I’m sure you make a great leader.” He believed what he said to be true but he was surprised nonetheless. It was not typical of yearlings to take up that position, but he supposed Neha had done it once and everything had been fine. Speak of the devil. Suddenly the girl couldn’t look him in the face and the man felt a wash of shame come over him, even she knew that he should be with Neha. But, before he could stop himself he sputtered out, ”Oh, no. Um, no. Neha and I we’re not, I mean we were but now we’re not.” He sounded like an idiot and he was sure that Treyah didn’t care so he trailed off.

Even more embarrassed than he had been when she had caught his dinner for him he found himself focusing on her paws instead of her face. That is, until she mentioned pup nappers. Leaping to his feet from his laying position the alarm was clear in the whites of his eyes, his guard hairs standing on end. ”What do you mean pup-nappers?” Nobody had ever told him anything about any pup nappers. He had had no idea what had built that shrine they had seen and until now had done his best to put it out of his head.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Why did she feel so relieved when he said they weren’t... or at least not anymore? She pushed the thought aside, it didn't matter, did it? He was here now and he needed help finding his kid and she’d already committed to helping him out internally.

Ah crap now she’d done it. She forgot not everyone had the deep connections to the history of this place that she did, or all the ghost stories she had been fed as a pup. ”Oh don’t worry, it was years and years ago, back when Swift River was still around, some weirdos came over the mountain and took a pup. Apparently there were heaps of wolves and animals getting sick? Anyway, the leaders at the time got together and headed over to the Fen and took them out and there hasn‘t been a problem since, they were so convinced they were dealt with that Swift River crossed the mountain and became Oak Tree Bend.” She gave another small shrug, doubting they would have moved closer to the strangers if there was still a treat being posed by them. ”I’m sure he’s just off having an adventure like Lacey, it’s not like the yeth hound is real, I’m sure he’s fine or you would have found him by now.”

OK, maybe she should have reconsidered her wording on that one. ”Means he’s still on the move yeah? With legs that work?” All the same deershit she fed herself each time she returned home without Lacey.
Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh
@Treyah

Fade with your next post?

Draven didn’t know Treyah well enough to know if she really believed what she was saying or not, but for that he was grateful. It was a lot easier to accept her words as the truth if he had no reason to believe that they might not be. He smiled at her in appreciation for her resolve. Sachiel must have legs that work, he was on the move. He tried his best to ignore the voice of protest in his mind that reminded him that his son never forgot anything.. He had been worried sick for six weeks and it felt good to even have a moment of relief.

Sudden exhaustion came over him in a wave as his adrenaline subsided, causing his body to waver. Blinking back in an attempt to stay awake he smiled towards the yearling once more. Taking a step forward he pressed his nose against her chin once more, inhibitions down in this delirious state of fatigue, ”Maybe we can talk more once I’ve had some sleep?” Blinking again as he pulled away he tried unsuccessfully to smother a yawn. ”Maybe we can look for Sachiel and Lacey together.” Was what he attempted to say but it probably came out garbled from the exhaling air.