Who turned the temperature up? — Silent Moon Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
For @Revon
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

She wasn't unfamiliar with the heights, she had scaled them often enough when she lived in the willows but now, well her steps weren't as sure as they had been. Following the scent trails left by the others was a helpful guide to be sure but by the time she reached the familiar plateau, well... she just needed to stop for a moment to catch her breath. Surely she wasn't that old was she? Maybe she had been pushing herself too hard, too far and too fast. Once this trip was over, she would have to take a few days for herself to just lay around and eat. Yes, that sounded wonderful. She rose with a dry chuckle and headed towards her brother's domain, wondering if she would have to call one of the leaders, or if she might bump into Greer's daughter sneaking past the borders like she herself had done so many times before.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Arla who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer
yikes! so sorry, i didn't see the alert for this until now :c @Morganna

When she wasn't trailing after one of her parents (occasionally both!) Revon was exploring the heights on her own, familiarizing herself with the rugged terrain. The air was growing colder atop the mountain and occasionally she would wake up to find cold white stuff on the ground. But the weather was inconsistent, which meant the cold substance would disappear by mid-day or the following day, and Revon’s worrying would cease. She was told it was normal—that even more would arrive as the days grew shorter; darker. Her lips tightened at the thought. She liked the warmer months much better.

An almost familiar scent pulled at her nose, causing her path to stray. She had smelled it on her father recently but hadn’t questioned it, for she just assumed it was a loner at the borders or someone from one of the neighbouring packs.

Hey! She called out once the dark wolf came into sight, her brows narrowed into a sharp line. Who’re you? Revon had a bad habit of being too bold. Maybe it was her youthful curiosity, or her thirst for knowing everything. But, she also didn’t like strangers lurking so close to her parents’ borders, even if they smelt familiar…

(This post was last modified: Nov 21, 2017, 01:00 AM by Revon.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

The youthful voice was unexpected, although she knew her brother had a daughter, and who else would be calling out to strangers on this section of the heights as if they were trespassing where they ought not to. Morganna smirked, her head lifting and eyes narrowing as she considered the  (very large, even taller than herself at this point) light coated child, assuming that perhaps she took after her mother in personality as well as looks. Nah, there was no denying it even if the colours were wrong. This one was an Archer. "Morganna," She finally answered walking towards the girl, her stance easy and tail waving as she added, "Archer." Once her words had had time to register she turned the question back on the child. "An' you are?" Of course she had already guessed, but she wanted to see what sort of answer the young girl might give.

Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer

Her silent questions were answered once the small, ebony wolf introduced herself. She took a hesitant step toward the peach-eyed female, her eye brows arched high into her scarlet forehead. This was Morganna, her aunt? The sister her father spoke so fondly of? (Even if it was only in a handful of words.) A smile tugged at her lips, her tail wagging behind her. Wasn’t Morganna supposed to live in the north, where her father had lived before coming down to the mountains? What was she doing all the way down here?

An’ you are? She took another bold step forward, her tail arched above her back. I’m Revon Archer, she introduced confidently, her lips still pulled back into a wide grin: your niece. She eyed the older Archer curiously, her ears cupped forward. Aren’t you supposed t’be up north? Dad said so. Said he misses you, too, she added cheekily, her maw canted to the side as she waited (impatiently) for a response.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

Morganna smiled at the girls answer, even if it was a lopsided gesture, far more used to smirking than actually smiling. When she asked if Morganna was meant to be north she gave her head a small shake. "Nah I left soon after yer dad did an' went ter Torbine. I missed him too but I had five kids ter look after so I couldn' come back as soon as I wanted ter. They should be 'ere soon." She wanted to see how the girl would react to news of five feral cousins descending upon her home, assuming since Revon was unaware that Morganna was not north, then she wouldn't have yet heard of the impending arrival of her aunt's youngest brood.

Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer

Had her aunt—this Morganna—seen her father already? Why hadn’t Revon been notified of her aunts presence?! A frown creased her dark lips, her brows knitted together as she listened to the dark woman’s response. Torbine. It was a name she had heard in passing. Apparently it was where her (deceased) grandmother was from. Huh. But that wasn’t the most interesting part—no, it got better. According to her aunt there was five more Archers!!!!! coming to the land of Lore. Five kids?! She blinked, dumbfounded by the news. Revon couldn’t imagine four more of her running around the mountain top, and she was positive her parents wouldn’t be able to handle five children. Not as first time parents. Five?! She blurted out, her brows wide. And they comin’ here? More cousins! Revon was absolutely thrilled. Are you stayin’ on the mountain? She asked, her curiosity fizzling out her previous shock: Or are you headin’ north?

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

Morganna managed a nod to the girl's exclamation. "Yeah, I'm hopin' they got a move on b'fore th' snow set in but they might'a had a few more lessons ter wind up." She could only hope they'd all make it over the mountains before they got snowed in for the winter. "An' nah, don' think I'll go back north, too bloody cold. I'll probably stay west o' 'ere down at th' lagoon. I like th' area an' I wanna be closer ter yer da' an' Ravenna." For now they were all the family she had managed to refind within the Lore and coming from a place so full of Archers as Torbine, well, she probably put even more value on them now than she did before she left.

Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer

She was absolutely enthralled by what Morganna was telling her. Five of her children were making their way north. But why, that was the real question. What had caused the small, ebony woman to return to Lore? The scarlet Archer wanted to be more nosey, but she bit her tongue, listening instead. The lagoon. She had never been that far west before—just to the willows and the rise. Her interested peaked, her tail swaying gently behind her. Why not here? With dad? Now she was being nosey. But, the girl liked her Auntie Morg so far and wanted to know why she wasn’t staying longer. Or permanently. The mountain pack had grown, acquiring two more members over the recent weeks, but that did not mean they couldn’t use more as winter plagued the land.

What’s the lagoon like? She steered the conversation in another direction, her pointed maw falling to the side, her toes drumming along the ground with excitement.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

Why not here? She managed a laugh, "Cos I don' follow others well, an I don' need ter be causin' strife fer yer ma an' da or makin' anyone choose sides, even if I don' mean ter they will." Sure, she loved her brother to bits and she wished it could be like it was before but this was his time to shine, and she wouldn't take that away from him. When discussion turned to the lagoon though, Morganna's eyes lit up. "It's big, an' still, and sometimes it lights up strange colours in the moonlight. In summer little glowy bugs dance over th' water an' theres a huge fish that lives in there, e's at least three of yer dad long standin' nose ter tail. I accidentally latched onter 'im once when I was tryin' ter learn ter fish an' 'e chased me outta there..." Despite the terror of the encounter she smiled fondly, next to the rise it was one of her favourite places in the lore.