(See All?) Announcements
680 Users Online
Bing, Google

i'll bet the odds against it all — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

She was in agreeance with everything the Artemieva said. There had been both water sources and hunting grounds in the Lowlands. Both had come in handy multiple times. Piety supposed it would be smart to keep looking for a spot that happened to have both - if another place like so was even possible.

Her good ear leaned with interest. Piety knew of his healing skills and already had a feeling that they would need them whether it be for injury or for the upcoming spring. His question caused an easy hum to rumble from her. She had to consider how to word it without coming off as aggressive or overly bold. Her brown gaze trailed off for a moment as her mind tumbled about.

"Well...you already know we're lacking males." She shoulders gave a soft roll as she sought out his golden gaze. "I need someone to lead beside me, Lorcan." At least she had managed to get that much out of her brain. "I need someone I can trust. So would you lead beside me? Or even consider it?" She gave a brief pause before slipping something else into the conversation. "If you don't want to that's okay, it'd be nice to have you around as just a healer." Piety's tail gave a few brief waves to show she truly was open and accepting of any answer he might give.

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

The agouti male felt awkward as he waited for Piety to reply, watching as her warm brown gaze flickered away from him as she thought over her answer. Lorcan kneaded his paws into the deep snow nervously; a feeble attempt to distract himself from the anxious dancing of stomach. He had worded his question as best he could — given her enough of a hint that he was willing to take whatever role she asked of him, without out right asking for it.

The male nodded when Piety commented on the current state of the group.

Lorcan was well aware that if he were to join her small group of wolves from Whitestone, that he would be the only adult male present, but he did not want to just presume that the she would want him to fill the position of lead male. Despite his unspoken romantic feelings for her in the past, the two of them had never progressed past friendship. If he were to lead alongside her, did that mean she wanted more than just friendship from him? Wraith had only recently been stolen from Piety and her son, and Lorcan still had his relationship with Inna fresh in his mind. The male didn't want to push things. Despite everything, the pale female had always been there for him when he needed her and he didn't want to ruin that. Lorcan remained silent, his golden gaze meeting hers as he waiting eagerly for her to continue.

When the topic of leadership came up, Lorcan swallowed nervously. Was she really about to ask him? He could practically feel his body tremble in anticipation. Russet ears perked up as the question left her lips and hung in the air for a few moments, before she added that he would be welcomed as a healer if he would prefer. Lorcan remained quiet for a moment. After all the nervous anticipation waiting to see if she would ask him, now that she had, he was lost for words. He had kind of expected her not to ask him — believed that he had been over-thinking the entire situation. A million questions were now running through his mind.

He'd never lead a pack before. He'd never had the desire to lead a pack before. Yet here was Piety asking him if he would do just that. His tail flicked awkwardly behind him as he considered it. He did had experience in being the second highest ranking wolf. Odin had even had enough faith in him to suggest he challenge Sven for leadership of Willow Ridge. Now, even Piety trusted him with such a task. Somehow, those individuals saw something in him that he couldn't see in himself. They saw potential. After some hesitation, Lorcan lifted his head to focus back on Piety. She had given him hope, strength and support even since they had met back in the lowlands. Now it was time for him to do the same for her. "If you think I'm up to the role and it's what you truly want, then I'll do it." He said, his voice hushed and serious, before he gave a slow wave of his tail and a smile once again began to pull at the corners of his lips as he realised what he had just agreed to. Leaning over Lorcan brushed his muzzle against her cheek in affirmation of their new bond.

Now with the decision made, Piety gestured for him to follow her back to the area where the rest of the group were settled. Although the journey would likely be long, the male was grateful that they would have more time to talk in private and catch up with one another before he met the wolves who would one day follow them.

~ Fade ~

(This post was last modified: Feb 18, 2018, 04:47 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together