Google

always the last to know — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Where have all the good guys gone?
Odin Archer

Odin spared a glance and a nod for the younger wolf, "Yeah, he went with his ma to go find mine. Last we saw her she was setting something up down near the Lagoon with Ren an' Cela but said she'd leave word with Greer's pack on the heights if anythin' changed. She'd probably pass on word ter Aunt Ravenna too. My younger siblings are coming from Torbine, there's five of em, which is why she couldn't get back before now, an' she wants ter be closer to her siblings." But Odin, well, he couldn't quite let go yet. This was where he had been born after all. He needed a bit longer to say goodbye.

[Image: sigodincheeb_by_becuffin-dahhpv8.png]
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
One last post from everyone and then I will end it with a fade <3
Lorcan’s ears pushed back against his head and he swallowed, holding back the urge to whine or cry, as the @Kip spoke of how brave Wraith had been to step in when he had. She was right. Sacrificing your own life, your own hopes and your own dreams just to give someone else the chance to live out theirs; there was no greater act of love. Wraith died a hero and Lorcan could only ever aspire to be as great a wolf as he had once been.

Turning his attention to his daughter, who he had not expected to see so soon, the father was alarmed to hear that she had informed no one of her whereabouts. “You should have told someone where you were going, Sana. Your mother and Lachesis are probably tearing their own fur out right now.” He said, his voice deep and serious, with a nervous flick of his tail behind him.

As he explained to @Odin and his companion about what had happened with Inna, his brows furrowed at the voice which cut in seconds later. “I’ve tried..” He sighed in defeat. He had tried to talk with her but she had not been reasonable. It was clear that her mother had lost all trust in him and had already branded him as a bad father, yet she had still pleaded and demanded that he stay with her. It didn’t make any sense. A relationship without trust and mutual respect was sure to fail, and since his return Lorcan had sensed neither of those things from Inna.

It seemed @Oksana had visited the lowlands before since she seemed familiar with some of the wolves there. Lorcan looked to Odin as he nodded to confirm that it had been Cyril who had been saved from the stag. The father’s brows raised curiously. He’d never got to meet Piety’s litter, but he was glad to hear that her son was safe. Focusing back on Odin, russet ears perked up eagerly as he listened carefully to what the young male said. He recognised some of the name Odin mentioned and he was surprised to hear that Greer had formed his own pack. So much had happened since he had left for Kingsfall.

The mention of Morganna’s plan to set something up in the lagoon did not go unnoticed and immediately it peaked the male’s interest. Lorcan had hoped to re-join the monadnock but with Wraith dead and Piety gone, tracking down Morganna seemed like a good next step. “I see..” He replied, pondering to himself, before blinking. “And what about you? What do you plan to do now?” He asked, a hint of concern in his voice.
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Van who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Kip mostly let Odin take the lead from then on out, watching the father and his daughter carefully. She couldn’t help but be a bit wary, her fur slightly more fluffed up than it usually was. But nothing seemed too tense or awkward, so she attempted to relax in the presence of the two strangers who were, admittedly, much larger than herself. And one was a pup. Dammit.

”I’m going wherever he’s going,” Kip responded to Lorcan’s question, though she couldn’t quite say where that was. Maybe with those family members down south that he kept talking about. That would make sense, wouldn’t it? But truthfully, all that really mattered at this point was that she was beside Odin.

Kind of crazy how those things worked.
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

So many things fell into place where her Whitestone friend was concerned. She now understood why he was so upset. While his behavior toward her still was upsetting for her she knew he was grieving for his father. She couldn't Imagine losing her mother like it sounded Cyril had lost his dad. She nodded to the wolf Odin in thanks for answering her question. She hoped her Whitestone friend was going okay.

As for her own father he wanted to scold her for not telling anyone where she was, “There wasn't time,” she informed him. Perhaps if he wanted her to tell them then maybe he shouldn't have run off like he had. She scoffed at his claim that he'd tried. Oksana didn't believe that, she felt he had taken the first opportunity to leave them instead of giving her mother the chance to really say anything.

She didn't know what her father would do as they spoke of what would come next for them. As she looked up at Lorcan she felt that this might be the last time she saw her father. Would he just leave her at the Monadnock or would he return her to Hearthwood before he left?

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by becuffin who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Where have all the good guys gone?
Odin Archer

Had Odin not been still so flat over the loss of Wraith, he might have smirked at Lorcan fussing over the child or told her to toughen up. She still had two eyes after all, and while it wasn't a look everyone could pull off he had only been about her age when he lost his own. But, he didn't need a rival in the looks department and what if Kip left him for the kid because one-eyed wolves were her thing?

Lorcan's fussing was so different to the way he had carried on when the boy had lost his eye but that same concern was underneath it all. He gave a moment to consider Lorcan's question, a smile and a wave of his tail offered to Kip's response. "I think I'll stay here fer a bit yet an' think on it some more. Yer goin' after ma an' Piety?" If Lorcan was considering it, maybe Odin would head south too.

[Image: sigodincheeb_by_becuffin-dahhpv8.png]
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan released an agitated sigh as his daughter explained that there hadn’t been any time for her to inform @Lachesis or her mother where she was going. The fact that she had left without word would probably not go down well with either of them. “Okay, well I’ll take you back after we’re done here so that I know that you are safe..” The father whispered. “But, next time, I want you to tell someone before you leave the territory, okay?” His voice became a touch deeper as he looked down at his daughter with a serious look in his golden eyes.

Focusing back on Odin and Kip, Lorcan was curious as to what the pair planned on doing next. He gave a small nod of his head in understanding when the pale female announced that she would be staying with Odin. He then offered the dark male a small smile when he said he’d stay until he figured out what to do next. “Well don’t take too long deciding. You don’t want to be stuck out here alone in winter.” He said, with a friendly sway of his tail, though his eyes flickered with worry for the pair. “Yeah, I think I’d like to track them down, see how they’re both doing…” Besides, it gave him a reason to escape the north for a bit after the drama with @Inna and Hearthwood River.

Glancing back down to her younger lookalike, Lorcan bumped Oksana’s shoulder affectionately. “Come on, Sana, I’d better get you home.” He said, flashing a look of farewell towards Odin and his friend.

~Fade~

# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together