(See All?) Announcements
334 Users Online
Jadon, Bing, Google, Apollo, Baidu, Jethro, Adora, Apolline

My name's Blurryface and I care what you think — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

If his memory served him correctly then this was the right place, somewhere in these woods he'd find the wolves of Charred Ash Draw.

Elias wasn't sure what to make of the name. It sounded...burnt.Who would want to live somewhere where the land was marked by fire? A permanent reminder of how fragile life was, of how easily nature could snuff out the lives of many in one fell swoop. Elias grimaced.Maybe...Maybe the wolves of these parts were nice, anything but death loving creeps who danced around fires, screeching that the end was nigh! Surely @Ravenna wouldn't do that to him, send him into a trap like an innocent deer walking into an ambush!

No, of course not. Ravenna was like the moon, a gentle guiding light. She'd helped him when she was under no obligation to do so, so why wouldn't he trust her with all he had? Nonsense. The wolves of the Draw were friends, not foes.

With that in mind, Elias hobbled along, weaving through the blackened trees with his nose to the ground. Hopefully he'd find their borders sooner rather than later, but if not then he supposed there was always tomorrow, or the day after that. As long as he found his friend in the end it didn't matter how long it took, the days would melt down into seconds the moment he'd lay eyes on him. All of the strife and trouble he went through would be worth it in the end, his family would be just that much more whole. Not the same as before, it would never be the same but...It was better than nothing, than losing them all.

[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Throwing Addy in because apparently she has to have ALL the interactions with Sewlyn's. Maybe it could be of mutual benefit? c:

Once the group had gotten out of those icky, ghastly woods Piety had been a bit more lenient on them venturing more since it was less likely for them to get tangled and lost. Of course they couldn’t go too far and every so often they would send up a howl to let everyone know where they were and if they were okay but that was just the respect portion. She knew that, very likely, she would be arriving home the next day and she felt jittery all over. On one paw she was more excited than she had ever been in her whole life to see her family again, but at the same time she was deeply saddened to see the group go. She’d grown very attached to @Piety and @Cyril . The dark Archer wanted to make sure that they were taken care of, that they were healing. She wanted to make sure that Cyril was going to get through everything, that he was eating when he was supposed to and that he had someone to talk to if he wanted it. Once they parted they wouldn’t be able to find special spots together anymore or maybe even see each other. Ever! She was so mixed up inside.

The girl was doing a little sniffing around, the scent of a pack not too far off and she was very careful to not get too close. The last thing she wanted to do was trip across their borders and cause some problems between her already barely functioning group. No, she’d stay far away from that! But, that didn’t stop her from bumping into another wolf very clearly not of a pack. And with a funny walk? She’d seen his pale tawny form through the trees and, not thinking much of it, let out a woof of greeting. She placed a smile on her lips, amber-yellow gaze focused forward and she nimbly side-stepped the limbs and shrubbery to get closer. What kind of interaction would this provide?
(This post was last modified: Dec 04, 2017, 10:36 PM by Adeltra.)
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Toddling to a stop Elias' ears tipped at the call. For a moment he thought-hoped- it was Thuban. That instead of finding him his friend the roles would be reverse. Maybe the nickname Damsel was more fitting than he thought. But no...the moment he laid eyes on her he knew it wasn't his friend. Her eyes were the wrong colour, as was her coat, not to mention that she was the wrong gender and age.

Disappointment hit him hard and he stood there for a moment, fighting off the mounting sense of panic that threatened to swallow him whole. Why was he like this? These days his self-imposed expectations were just as- if not more so- heavy as his heartache. It was never enough, he was never enough. If he'd done better his family would still live and Thuban would have never gotten lost in the process. It was all his fault. The blame laid squarely at his paws, there was no use in denying it, it was time to wake up and face reality.

Except he didn't want to admit that he wasn't strong enough, that he was out of his depth. All he could do was paddle on and hope for the best.

Swallowing thickly, Elias shoved that stuff to the side and let out an excited 'boof' in greeting.Another friendly face! He could never meet too many of those. This was a good thing, today was a good day! It had to be.

"Heya!"He called out, limping a little closer."You from Charred Ash Draw?"He sniffed, she didn't seem to be so he continued."Or are you on a mission like me?"A very important mission, the most important.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
The man let out a woof of his own and his expression seemed to be one of friendliness. My, was she hitting the jackpot in her interactions! Maybe the Lore really was full of friendly wolves! Her tail set to wagging behind her frame as he limped closer and her gaze flickered down briefly to investigate. It seemed he was...missing some toes? She masked her alarm behind her bright smile, locking her gaze back on the approaching form. What had happened that he was missing toes? Maybe...maybe he was just born that way? Either way she certainly wasn’t going to ask as it was none of her business, but she was curious. 

He asked if she was from a place called Charred Ash Draw, but seemed to weed out that answer himself from her blank pelt. Rather, he asked if she was on a mission like him. A nod bobbed her head, “Yup! I’m finding my way back to my family! I got lost a few months ago but a nice family from the north found me and is taking me back,” she replied. “What’s your mission?” she inquired.
(This post was last modified: Dec 04, 2017, 11:22 PM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

"Huh? Me too-sort of. I'm not lost but...I'm looking for someone who is. He's about..."He paused as he tilted his head, trying to compare Thuban's size to hers."About your height, brown coat with eyes as yellow as the sun. His name is Thuban Selwyn, have you seen him? Heard of him maybe?"

God he hoped she had. He didn't know how fast-or if at all- word travelled in the Lore. The Mountains were such a secluded community it was rare that they ever caught wind of the affairs of others, but hopefully it was different here. Hopefully someone had ran into Banny, maybe even spoken to him not too long ago.

He was glad that she had found good people to look after her. She clearly wasn't a baby anymore but it was always good to have real adults on your side, folk who knew what they were doing, where they were going. These days...Elias didn't think he was that sort of adult but he'd get there, one day. Hopefully.

"Where are you headed?"He didn't need to know this, but he couldn't resist the urge to be a little nosy. Was there any harm in it? He grinned and wagged his tail, he didn't think so. It was all in good fun, getting to know yet another friend.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
It seemed he was also looking for him family, but he wasn’t as close to finding them as she was. He described what the wolf he was looking for looked like and she tried to think back to whether or not she’d met a wolf of that description. Unfortunately she hadn’t but her ears pricked at the name. Thuban Selwyn. She didn’t know the first name but she could recall the last name! It was the same one as Seven and the same as the name the grayscale boy had been looking for. Could that mean…?

“I’m sorry, I haven’t met anyone that looks like that or goes by that name,” she said apologetically. “But are you a Selwyn too?” she asked, her tail wagging a little harder behind her small frame. Maybe she couldn’t help him find the boy he was looking for, but she might be able to help him meet someone else who she knew was looking for someone like him! When he asked where she was headed she was happy to reply, not finding anything wrong with a little exchange of information.  "I'm headed toward Willow Ridge! I think it's only about a day south from here, according to Miss. Piety," she replied.
(This post was last modified: Dec 05, 2017, 12:56 AM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Once again Elias' hope was crushed, battered and broken. How much more could he take? Was this search in vain? Would the road lead to a dead end with nothing but disappointment to greet him? If that was the case then...maybe this wasn't worth it after all. Thuban was great, Elias adored him but...

And then she said a name, his family name and he jumped to attention as though he'd been jolted by electricity.

"I have! I am! I'm Elias Selwyn! He all but yelled in her face, then danced back when he realised how rude he'd been. Oh how Raina would have scolded him so, given him a typical Selwyn frown. But this was a good thing, he was happy!

All the more interesting she continued on and mentioned Willow Ridge, that is where his friend Ravenna lived! Wasn't this such a small world after all, so many wolves he knew with their lives interlinked like threads of a tapestry. It was like home, up north, almost everyone up there had Selwyn blood, whether they were allowed to carry the name or not.

"I know that place too...which is to say I've never been there, but I know Ravenna. If-when you see her again, could you tell her I said hi? And thank you again, for all she did for me."He hoped it made sense and that he didn't sound like he was being... too much.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
When he mentioned that he was a Selwyn her tail began wagging a mile a minute. She hadn’t expected it to, but a moment had come that she might be able to help @Seven ! Wow, this was so exciting! “I know another Selwyn! Seven! We met a week or so ago, up north in the lower part of the lowlands! He’s looking for a...uh...Lockness...no that’s not it. Lyndor? Ah...I don’t think that’s right ever…” she commented, her brows pulling together in thought. She pondered for a moment before she had a lightbulb moment. “Oh! Lachesis!” she exclaimed. “But he told me that if I met any other Selwyn’s to mention that he was looking for them. He seemed really lonely, but I promised I’d help if I could,” she finished, grinning from each to ear. 

She was even more surprised when he mentioned that he knew Ravenna. That had to mean that they were close! She nodded vigorously, “Yeah! She’s my cousin. I’m just an Archer but she’s an Archer-Lyall ‘cause her mom and dad were from important families I’m pretty sure. I’ll definitely tell her for you!” she replied happily. Man, this really was a great interaction!
(This post was last modified: Dec 11, 2017, 02:20 AM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Seven? That didn't sound right at all. All the Selwyns he knew had regal, dignified names. But Seven? That was just a number, who'd name their child after a number? By no means did he think she was lying, but maybe he was. Or maybe he wanted to be part of the in-crowd, or perhaps he was sort of like Elias; a Selwyn in all but blood.

Elias had never heard of a man called Lachesis, but once again he stored the name away in the back of his mind. Still, it felt a little odd to know that there was yet another 'Selwyn' looking for family in these lands. Elias knew that they didn't all live in the Mountain, that there would have never been enough room for them all, but what were the chances more than one was here? Maybe it was a small world after all.

"I've never met him, but I'd love to meet him one day! The more family I know, the better!"Once he'd found Thuban he'd start looking for him in the Lowlands. Thank God she'd given him directions, otherwise he would have ended up involved in yet another wild goose chase.

"She's your cousin huh? I feel like I've met half of your family."He laughed, his eyes crinkling with glee around the corners.

He was glad to hear it, to know she'd pass on the message like a reliable-not so- little courier.

"Ravenna said I could visit if I have the time, so keep an ear out for me."He grinned, his tail wagging behind him."I've got to find my friend first, I'll bring him too so you can meet him as well. You'd like him, he's really nice. I've met loads of Archers so it's your turn to meet even more Selwyns."

(This post was last modified: Dec 14, 2017, 01:19 AM by Elias.)