Google, Bing, Aven

i've been thinking too much — The Deep Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 387 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro
AW | be aware Cyril is still not talking & is v grumpy
open to one more, please - late morning, snow

The boy had grown even more sullen after their departure from the willows. Adeltra was back where she belonged, with her family, and Cyril was without a friend. He’d grown to enjoy the girl’s company and even gotten accustom to her being present. While he had not spoken during their journey, the girl had never forced him to engage in conversation. She tended to him with patience, providing him with food to eat and pulling him away for quick adventures. Although he had not looked the part, it had kept his spirits up. Given him another reason not to give up.

However, being on the other side of the mountain only made the distance between them more real.

He did not know what his mother’s plans were. The boy knew she was quite fond of the peach-eyed Morganna, so remaining in the Vale was a possibility. As much as he missed his friend, Cyril was not sure he would pursue the Ridge. Not when his brother resided there. He frowned, his right forepaw kicking absently at the snow as his frustration grew. Why had this terrible tragedy chosen the Kael family? Things had been going so well in the north… but it was his fault, wasn’t it? He had been fixated by the charging stag; paralyzed by fear. His father had died protecting him. Him. He swallowed as he kicked at the snow once more, the fur on the back of his neck bristling.

Would he ever find a place to call home again?

(This post was last modified: Dec 11, 2017, 08:51 PM by Cyril.)
Played by Maeby who has 110 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maeve Destine Caravello

Maeve was bored out of her whits. Normally when this sort of thing happened, she'd take a nap. There was a bit of a problem with that routine this time around however; she was wide awake. Celandine was off.. Doing whatever it was that she so often did.. Leaving the fae alone to figure out this predicament all by herself. With nothing else in mind, the colorless woman found herself walking aimlessly through nearby territory. 'This is so freakin' dumb.' she scoffed in thought.

It hadn't taken long for the fae to run into a familiar, well, sort of, face. The new pup of the group, he'd just joined about a week ago, right? Yeah, Celandine filled her in a little bit on that scenario. Tragic backstory, glum expression, it was almost like she was looking at a younger her! "Hey." She murmured, not asking before joining the near yearling's company. Though in all honesty he didn't look too up for conversation. "So, Uh. I'm an orphan. My brother's probably dead too."

Wow. What an icebreaker.

[Image: 9lnGsxY.png]
[Image: RNGTjgp.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

It was too late to avert his path from the girl’s, as she had made it clear she intended to speak to him. She was one of Morganna’s, or she had belonged to the Vale before the Archer arrived. It didn’t matter now. All the wolves that gathered beneath the orange trees belonged to Morganna, as the woman was quite persuasive. His ears twitched at her greeting but he did not respond. The words refused to come, stuck to the back of his throat. He tail swayed behind him instead, offering a silent hello before she spoke once more. He blinked, his brows pinched together as his head fell to the side. Okay? the expression read, his lips falling into a soft frown. Why was she telling him this? To make him feel better? Bug had confessed that she had witnessed the death of her mother, to try and make Cyril understand he wasn’t the first wolf to go through such a horrific effect. Was that what this wolf was trying to do? How did she even know his father was dead? Instead of bombarding the wolf with the series of questions that floated through his head the boy remained silent, his ears cupped forward. She had the floor—he did not intend on breaking his silence just yet.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Maeve Destine Caravello
I don't partake in illegal substances but I can only imagine talking to Maeve is a lot like partaking in illegal substances. I am so sorry lol
language warning

Maeve let out a heavy, dramatic sigh as her company refused to acknowledge her further. "So what I'm saying is that yer not th' only one. N' it get's better, or whatever." She rolled her eyes at the statement. It wasn't that she meant to be insensitive, actually it was quite the opposite. When her mother died--no, when her mother was murdered, Celandine practically told her to get over it and get the hell out of the pack. All within the same day! Now was that insensitive? Actually, Maeve didn't think that either. She actually thought it was a big help. Dwelling in the past surely wasn't any way to prepare for the future, but would this boy get that?

"Look, so like, eventually y' meet some wolves ya really like.. Er.. Or maybe jus' one wolf. Don't matter. N' ya give em all ya got n' live yer life for them instead n' like, ya practically forget all about all the stupid shit that's happen' in yer past. Aim for that instead of wollowin' around, trust me. Or don't. Actually..." Why was she even doing this?

(This post was last modified: Dec 13, 2017, 09:54 AM by Maeve.)
Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro
cyril is :wtfguy: emoji

He blinked once more, dumbfounded at the girl’s persistence. The ebony boy was painfully aware that he wasn’t the only one to have a parent die. That was the way it was supposed to happen—parents before their children. But it didn’t stop him from grieving. Or from blaming himself, as it was his fault. If he had not sat there, like a scared rabbit, his father would not have needed to swoop in. He should have scooted out of the way, avoiding the buck’s charge, but he had froze, rooted by fear.

Okay, he responded silently with a soft nod, his yellow gaze still fixated on the silver girl.

Her rambling, however, earned a crooked smile from the silent Kael. It… it kind of made sense? Sort of. @Adeltra had helped him forget about his father’s passing, for she had barely left his side during the trek down south. The ebony Archer had provided him with food and comfort, never pushing him to converse or do things he did not want to do. But she was gone too. Dropped off at home, where she belonged. Where his stupid other brother was. However, her jumbled words earned a laugh—an actual honest (but hoarse) laugh—from Cyril.

She was doing a good job at cheering him up, if that’s what she was trying to do. Cyril couldn’t really tell.

(This post was last modified: Dec 14, 2017, 02:52 AM by Cyril.)
Inactive Deceased
Maeve Destine Caravello

There it was!! A response! He was responding, perfect! Maeve had a feeling in her gut that his silence would last a lifetime, but fortunately whatever the hell she was doing was apparently working, and she actually received a response! And then soon after that, a laugh even! Dang, who knew the girl would end up coming here and making the pup laugh! To be completely honest, she was sort of expecting some sort of fight to break loose. Like maybe a "Hey lady, can it! I don't even know you!" or perhaps a "Talk to me again and I'll bite that nose right off your ugly face, get the hell out of here crazy old lady." Something along those lines. "Hey see, there ya go. Tha's the spirit" She smiled, nodding her head at the boy.

"So anyway, are ye' settlin' in okay? We jus' got 'ere too, jus' a lil bit before y' showed up actually."

Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

The silver girl was quite pleased with his reaction. Her effort was admirable, for she was the first wolf (aside from Adeltra, of course) to squeeze any kind of reaction out of him. Instead of being persistent or smothering, like the ebony river wolf, the girl had cut straight to the facts. Nothing but the cold, hard truth. The truth that Cyril couldn’t avoid. Eventually he would find his voice once again, but he did not know if he would ever be the same.

She spoke once more, a question tumbling off her tongue and filling the cold air between them. He gave a small shake of his head before motioning to the mountains behind him. There was no settling in—not yet. The gangly boy planned on returning to the willows once more before joining his mother in the Vale. He had a promise to keep—to let the lost princess know that they had settled down among the orange trees. He flicked his nose once more in the direction of the Vale, a forepaw stamping on the ground twice to indicate that he planned on returning. Surely his mother wouldn’t miss him too much—there seemed to be lots of wolves mulling about the striped forest.

Inactive Deceased
Maeve Destine Caravello
Sorry for the wait! My sister's came over for the weekend, thought they were only coming over for Saturday xD. Language warning

There were a lot of words one could use to describe Maeve, but smart might not be the first or second choice. Was the fae stupid? Well, of course not. There were just smarter wolves out there, definitely. She could tell by his motions that the boy was planning on leaving shortly. But whether or not he was saying "I've got some things left to do over the mountain before I can settle in." or "I'm gonna go across that mountain and get my boys. When we get back we're stomping this bitch to the ground. " was currently unclear. Either way, Maeve knew she'd be in a lot of trouble if she let a pup go anywhere alone in the midst of winter, and she didn't quite care for the pack per say as much as she did Celandine as an individual anyway. Both translations would have little effect on her so long as her dear friend remained safe. "Ah, I see. Do y' wan' some company? Ain't really doin' much o' anythin' but sittin' 'round anyway, wouldn' mind comin' with ya."

Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

He blinked, his nose twisting to the side as the silver girl responded, not protesting his decision to take a trip over the mountain but offering to join him. Huh. He had not been expecting that. Especially since she did not have an issue spewing words from her mouth and he had not shared a single one. Did she really want to accompany the sulking, silent boy all the way to the willows on the other side? Eventually he would have to speak, to clue her in on where he intended on going. The thought made his shoulders sag and his brows furrow. Talking wasn’t really on the agenda—at least not until he reached Adeltra. A defeated sigh rolled off his tongue as he shrugged in response with a do whatever you want, I ain’t gonna stop you expression. Or, at least, he hoped that’s what his expression read. Silence had never been the boy’s forté. Not until now.