(See All?) Announcements
629 Users Online
Bing, Google, Aven

Vos non merentur — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 271 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
"Well...you found me." She muttered, hoping that would be the end of this and she could go back home with Plant Boy. Yet her mother continued with more wants. Her nose crinkled some. It was obvious she wasn't the happiest pup around.

"...to see you grow into the wolf i know you’ll become.”

A brow raised sharply as her head found a higher place again. "What wolf do ya think I'll become? How could you know what I'll become? You haven't been around to see what I'm doing. I'm different now. This ain't the Firs." She spoke with a bit of harshness. It wasn't her mother she was tucked up against at night anymore. It was usually Plant Boy asleep against her back. When she was awake it wasn't her mother she followed. She was more often than not trailing after @Askan. A bitterness began to grow in place of guilt.
[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9co9.png]
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

To be with her? The boy couldn’t help but scoff at the stranger’s comment, his nose still wrinkled in obvious disdain. The agouti boy knew that neither Askan or Reyes would allow the wolf to join their ranks, not after learning that she was Pumpkin Eyes’ mother. You’ve already abandoned her once, he countered, his voice firm as he held the older woman’s gaze, who’s to say it won’t happen a second time? His words were clipped but he remained calm, for he did not want to step out of line with his friend or her mother. His gaze hardened as his friend spoke, her words just as harsh as his had been. But, she was right. How did this strange wolf before them know who Pumpkin Eyes was supposed to be? She had not been around for the last few months… her daughter was clearly not the wolf she had left behind. So how could she know? His lips tightened into a deep frown, his tail flicking in annoyance. You don’t know her anymore, he rebutted, his brows narrowed darkly. You don’t get to know her. Not if she doesn’t want you to. If Pumpkin Eyes wanted nothing to do with her absent mother Sachiel do everything possible to keep the woman away from her daughter. He knew Askan, or Reyes, would not hesitate to help either.

ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow
Sylva listened quietly, to words she had hoped would never be uttered against her. The ebony wolf took a deep breath as she felt something bubbling up from deep within herself. Anger, anger, something she truly hadn’t felt since she had come to the Lore almost two years ago. Anger at herself, anger at her own mother, whom’s actions she ended up mimicking with her own daughter and now..she had lost even that.

“Ok.” came her quiet response. Something, deep, deep down within Sylva broke when she uttered those words, she didn’t want to but, above all else, she didn’t want to hurt Hawthorne anymore then she already has today. She wanted to say she was sorry, but sorry for what? Wanting the best for her daughter after she had searched for so long to reunite with her?

“If that’s what you want Hawthorne, I won’t try and contact you again, I hope…” She gritted her teeth as the sadness rushed forward like a wave. A tear in the medic’s heart as she spoke “I hope you’re happy here, You’re right, I don’t know who you’ve become, I see I won’t get to.”
Played by becca who has 271 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
There was a sense of settling as her mother didn't seem to budge against either of the Edge duo's words. Hawthorne didn't correct Plant Boy on anything he said. It wasn't out of line and if anything, he was saying what she couldn't bring herself to. She huffed at her mother's words. Maybe she was being sharp and jaded but that wasn't her fault. Hawthorne never asked for her mother to come find her. The girl had never gone back to the Fir on her own accord. There was nothing but love and happiness keeping her in Shallows Edge.

"Stay away from the Falls." Hawthorne kept it short. If her mother didn't want to contact her again then Sylva'd avoid that place and keep her wits about her. The pumpkin-eyed girl nosed at Plant Boy's neck. "I think it's time to go home." She whispered softly. There'd be an earful for Askan if he was finally home when the duo got back.
[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9co9.png]
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

A sigh of relief almost escaped the agouti boy at the mother’s response, but his posture did not relax. He was still annoyed with the strange woman, acting as though she could waltz back into Pumpkin Eyes’ life without consequence. He was grateful, however, for her lack of parenting skills. If it had not been for the mother abandoning her child Sachiel would have likely never crossed paths with the tangerine-eyed cub.

She is much happier here than she ever will be with you, he countered, his tone still aggressive as he leaned forward, his tail lashing out behind him. His own parents, while they had been absent for most of his childhood, they had never left him. They had still doted on him, providing him with a home. They just weren’t very present, which was the reason behind his grand adventure to the northern woods. But this wolf—she had left her daughter behind and then expected everything to be fine? As if!

Only at Pumpkin Eyes’ touch did his shoulders sag, his expression growing soft as he met her (dreadful) orange pools. Home. He nodded. He pressed his forehead to hers, to offer her a moment of comfort, before he turned back to the trees. The boy did not throw a final look in the dark loner’s direction, for she was not worth his time.

ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow
Sylva paused, watching as her own flesh and blood turned her back on her, alongside the wolf whom she hadn’t even met yet. Sachiel’s words stung deeper than either of the two pups would ever know however. She turned toward the west, a sigh escaping as Sylva realized that one mistake had cost her so much. That fateful night in the cherry orchard, if she had just not been there that day, she wouldn’t have have bumped into Zilas during her heat, she wouldn't have shattered pack law and fractured her own life.

At the same time though, she realized something else, Hawthorne wouldn’t have been born either, that was one thing, that even though now it hurt, Sylva didn’t regret. The pain soon became replaced by a numbness, a numbness to everything around her. To the east lied the Firs where Jynx and Emrys laid, angry at her. Now, to the south rested theses Falls, where Sylva’s biggest mistake had cost her the only family she had left.

What would she do now? Winter had set in fully and she knew she couldn’t starve off the effects for long, briefly Sylva looked toward the mountain, the mountain’s shadow that she had lived in for so long. Was there new life beyond it? She wasn’t sure, but for now, Sylva knew one thing. She’d have to find someway to live, maybe find a pack. It was the dead of winter, healing was a valuable skill, the last thing she really had left.

The medic paused as a dark thought crossed her mind, as a healer, she sometimes held other wolves lifes within her paws….the wrong herb, something deadly and she could hold the power of death at the same time. “No…” She said quietly to herself, shifting her gaze toward the lake that rested to the north and behind her. [/b] “It isn’t worth it.” [/b] and she meant it. The small pleasure she had always had when she had been able to help someone, that was all Sylva had left of her old self, and she wasn’t ready to let it go.

FADE