(See All?) Announcements
621 Users Online
Google, Bing

repeating simple phrases — Dragonveil Fold 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
I love all your characters Arla <3<3<3!!!

Whispering Pines send my baby back to me

He gave her a strange look, as if within the time it took to answer her question she had grown three heads but she assumed it was probably because she was a stranger begging another stranger to help find his pack mate. It was strange and yet she was happy that the young male had come around, whether he knew it or not, they needed each other. Her tail wagged with excitement when he accepted her offer and for a moment she relaxed--the two of them will find Cotton. All caution flew to the wind and she flashed the smallest of smiles when he gave her his name, it was fitting--she assumed--and stored his name for future retrieval as well. When this was all over and Cotton is found, she would surely revisit and giggle over the drama she had caused at their border.

He asked where she had looked for Cotton and her response would have been everywhere but that was too vague for a situation this serious therefore she recalled for a moment where she had stopped to sniff him out. Each location was significant because they had shared moments there but she couldn't quite remember the name of the places since her mind was mush from worrying. Heartwood kept playing over and over in her mind. I checked Heartwood--nothing. I checked Shallow Edge,  here...I'm at a lost for anywhere else." what a good friend she was, she couldn't even remember where he enjoyed going the most. This thought alone made her sad, and frustrated, and the small ray of happiness she felt had suddenly died almost as quickly as it came. "What about you?"

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider 
(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2018, 06:17 AM by Rory.)
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn
<3 <3 thank you!
i've always loved rory ;-; she's so precious; a true gypsy girl <3

Her relieved expression earned a minuscule smile from agouti boy as he returned his bi-coloured pools to her pale frame. However, he wished he could be as positive as she was. Sachiel wanted to be—more than anything—but as the days prolonged his hope grew dimmer. He did not know how well his packmate would fare on his own, for he seemed fairly co-dependent on the alpha pair. The boy just hoped the snowflake had stumbled upon someone during his travels. Someone kind and thoughtful; someone willing to help him find his way back to the Edge. Or maybe it was the other way around. Perhaps Cottongrass had found someone to help and, with his youthful naivety, he’d forgotten to alert his packmates of his temporary departure.

Hearthwood and here. That left a vast amount of territory that still needed to be explored… His frown deepened, tail twitching as he tried to recall the last place he’d seen the willowy male. Here, he started, stating the obvious with a defeated expression on his tawny features, and south of the shallows. But there had been no trail heading south, which was why he had returned to the north. Do y’know of anywhere he likes t’go?

ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
You're too kind :D thank you! Rory is such a mess! 

Her memory was failing her but she didn't give up even if a slight headache had begun to form behind her wide eyes--she knew the information was perilous to his survival. She could remember their recent encounter, it happened here near Secret Falls and the one before last was in Windsong Fjord where she learned of his friend Rayza. She had searched for his friend and failed but Cotton had given her the good news that his searching efforts hadn't gone without reward and she'd found the male at Heartwood where he had delivered him. She could recall that in rhe past most of the time they saw each other was near Wild Rye Fields, the pack he'd grown loyal to before departing with Askan to Shallows Edge and since then she doubted his loyalty had faltered. Cotton loved Askan and his friend Reyes nearly as much as he loved Rory, but than again he hadn't given either of them word of his disappearance. She wondered if perhaps the bright eyed, bubbly Cotton she had grown to love didn't want to be found.

"We met most around Wild Rye Fields and once near here, every since him joining Askan. I couldn't imagine him needing to go back toward his old pack, they probably wouldn't be happy to see him." a thought of perhaps someone with a vendetta against him from the Rye hurting him had crossed her mind but she dismissed merely because of the lack of evidence. Clearly, a Rye wolf's scent would have been found by now. "I don't think he has a favorite place. He loved it here, even wanted me to join the pack with him. He wouldn't have just abandoned the pack, I know Cotton, he's not like that. His loyalty runs deep." she rambled, mostly because she had no clue where else to look. "what if he's dead or badly injured?" and her eyes threatened to well up with tears, it was the only feeling of control she had left.

(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2018, 07:25 AM by Rory.)

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn
sorry for the shorter post <3 & rory is my favourite mess!

The chiffon girl made a good point—it was unlikely Cottongrass would return to the north where he and the Edge Lords had descended from. When the tawny boy had encountered the enthusiastic snowflake by the river he had spoken so highly of his friends; it didn’t make sense for him to just abandon Reyes and Askan without an explanation. A frown creased his features at the thought. All paws were pointing at an answer Sachiel did not want to reach and desperately tried to ignore.

But not Rory.

She voiced the same thoughts that had been plaguing his own mind, causing a deep frown to cut across his creamy maw. Injured, he countered quickly, his voice firm as he attempted to reassure the girl the best he could, he’s probably injured. Definitely not dead. It wasn’t possible. It couldn’t be. His paws shuffled uncomfortably beneath him as he glanced around, observing their frigid surroundings with a troubled expression on his dark face. Maybe he got lost heading north? You said he was goin’ to Hearthwood, right? Or wanted to. Whatever. They’re s’posed to be nice up there, right? Maybe they found him since you went t’visit. He shrugged, hoping his answer would suffice. It seemed feasible… and was a more positive outlook. Which was what the boy—and the girl—needed right now.

x

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
You're too kind :D 

He corrected her; rightly so. Cotton was probably injured, she was wrong to jump the band wagon and assume that he was dead. Making assumptions was enough to cause chaos and heartache, there was no evidence to prove that he had been killed off. She couldn't guess who would want to harm Cotton, but his sudden disappearance was enough to cause worry. He had most definitely been injured, at least that was what he helped convince he to think, but how had he been hurt and when would he come back home was the questions he couldn't help her with. She nodded her head, not able to respond to his stern answer but he brought it back full circle to whether he was near Heartwood. All clues were pointing to the pack, surely he had gotten lost sometime around there.

"You're right...I should search again. I can go visit them again and see if someone has seen him..." she trailed off, wondering if the pup would be able to venture that far; surely Shallow Edge would have her head if another member went missing. "would you be able to come with me or should I just go alone?" she wondered, wanting to at least give him the option. She wouldn't mind having his company, and the trip could help them get better acquainted; if he was into that sort of thing.

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

Whew. He had somehow managed to diffuse the situation, illuminating the glimmer of hope that remained within both of them. Hopefully the yellow-eyed snowflake had made his way toward the north before getting injured so he could be scooped up by one of the Hearthwood wolves. Perhaps, if she returned, they would have some more information on Cottongrass. Maybe she would even find him on the way up there! He nodded gently at her words, an encouraging smile gracing his tawny features. However, her question caused his brows to pinch together, his ears twitching with uncertainty. He did not know how far he could go without pushing his luck with the Edge Lords. He had mentioned to Askan that he had gone to look for Cottongrass’ trail but he didn’t want to be gone too long. And the river wolves, according to the grumpy wolf, were a two day journey from the shallows. I can come some of the way, he answered after a brief pause, his expression soft as he met her golden gaze. But I can’t be gone too long. I’ll need to report back to Askan and Reyes. He hoped that would suffice, as he still wanted to help the girl that claimed to be Cotton’s best friend. It would be a lot easier searching for the missing snowflake with two noses as opposed to one.

x

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Fade?

It seemed that finally, through all the confusion and misunderstanding and worrying the two had finally came up with a plan. It was a risky plan, as they were working purely off Rory's memories, but everything was pointing back toward Heartwood and Rory was determined to find her friend waiting there for her with his every silly grin on his face. She was optimistic, she had to be, and she could tell that Sachiel was trying his best to remain calm and positive as well.

She couldn't explain the rush of emotion that came over her but she welcomed the company of the tawny male without question, nudging him ever so slightly and pulling back before the moment grew awkward. She had to remind herself that they were mostly coming together for the sake of Cotton; nothing else. "Halfway is perfect for me. she commented, and waited for the male to come to her side so that they could start the journey back to Heartwood.

(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2018, 05:48 AM by Rory.)

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn
Faded & archived! <3

He blinked at the nudge and offered her a small, quiet smile. He just wanted answers—to figure out where Cottongrass had gone, even if he wasn’t planning on returning to the shallows. It was possible that something inside the yellow-eyed snowflake had shifted. It was possible that he no longer wanted to remain at the Edge; perhaps something had lured him away, or enticed him. Cottongrass seemed like the easily influenced type. His tail flicked at the thought. No—he just had to be lost. Possibly injured and horribly lost. That was the only answer Sachiel was going to accept.

His bicoloured gaze fell onto his temporarily travelling companion as he stepped up beside her, his paws falling in step with her own as they headed north. Sachiel did not want to be gone for too long but he also did not want the girl off exploring by herself. Not while she was so upset. He would stick with her until they reached the edge of Turtleback, for the boy knew if he went any farther his leaders would worry about his absence and would fear that he suffered the same fate as Cottongrass. And he couldn’t allow that.

x