(See All?) Announcements
719 Users Online
Google, Viorel, Vili

cause i need somebody just to feel alright — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Private for @Adeltra. December 21st, 2017.
Lorcan awoke slowly from a long, blissful sleep. Groggily his dark lashes fluttered open and his bright golden eyes peered out into the familiar darkness which filled the infirmary chamber. The first thing the male noticed was how quiet it was. There were no voices echoing down from the higher chambers of the communal den and it seemed that not even the birds were feeling particularly vocal at that hour. This only made him wonder if perhaps he had managed to wake up in the middle of the night.

The male released a weary sigh and placed his chin on his outstretched paws.

He missed all the social interaction that came with being in a pack. Lorcan enjoyed the company of other wolves and it was something he particularly craved now after being cooped up in the dark on his own for so long. Furrowing his brows stubbornly, he turned his gaze towards the gloomy tunnel which linked the infirmary to the main den and licked anxiously at his lips. A soft whine whistled in his dry throat, quietly calling out to anybody who may have been close enough to hear him.
(This post was last modified: Dec 22, 2017, 08:23 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
It had been over a week since the emaciated male had fallen on their doorstep. She’d been in and out of the den every few days to keep the male company, making small talk and asking how he was feeling and if there was anything she could do. Everytime she found that he was insistent in being alright, that he was doing better and she could see that he was getting better. But, perhaps not to the extent that he was making it seem. He had to be getting lonely down in this little hole in the wall in the back of the main den, separated from everyone else. She understood his feeling, however. She’d also felt like a burden on the Monadnock wolves when she’d been in their care. 

Today she was heading back to visit him after having not seen him the day before. The little dark Archer entered the den, pausing as a whine resounded from within. A frown etched its way onto her maw and she moved to the back and through the hole. For the bigger wolves like Ravenna it was likely a tight fit getting in, but for Adeltra’s small body it was a breeze. “Hi Lorcan! You doing okay?” she asked, realizing that that question was likely becoming routine for him.
(This post was last modified: Dec 21, 2017, 10:01 PM by Adeltra.)
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Much to the male’s relief, it wasn’t long after his pitiful attempt to gain himself some company that he heard the tell-tale scratching of somebody crawling down towards him. Pricking his ears up curiously and giving a few enthusiastic sniffs towards the entrance tunnel, Lorcan could not control his excitement as he smelt it to be young @Adeltra. His tail thumped eagerly against the hard stone of the infirmary chamber as he spotted dark form finally enter.

“Much better now that you have come to visit.” He quickly admitted in response to her usual question, having genuinely looked forward to her next arrival.

Sighing more contentedly this time, Lorcan rolled lazily over onto his side and released some of his excitement by rubbing his muzzle up against the soft furs that lined the infirmary floor. The male felt relaxed around the girl. She was sweet and innocent and in some ways she reminded him of his own daughter, for he guessed them to both be around the same age.

Falling still again, he lifted his head to glance up towards her, searching for her warm amber gaze. “Where is everyone? It sounds so quiet up there today…” He asked in a whisper, not actually knowing if the sun was even up anymore or if everyone was actually asleep, as he remembered how eerily quiet the dens had been before she had arrived.
(This post was last modified: Dec 21, 2017, 10:47 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
His reply got a bright grin from her, her tail thumping against the ground. Despite being courteous he did seem like he had taken a liking to her and, if she were being honest, she had also taken a liking to him. He was nice to her and they always had nice conversations. Plus she had a feeling on kinship with him with their experiences. Sure she didn’t know his story but she did know he was lost and hurting. Anyone with eyes could see that much. 

She watched as he rolled to his side, reveling in the feel of the plus furs beneath him. She allowed herself to plop onto her stomach, toes wriggling and scratching at the furs and feeling them. The medical den was a pretty cozy place, typically quiet and perfect for someone who was trying to heal because healing usually involved lots and lots of rest. But, she imagined that it would be annoying after a while to be cooped up in the darkness for so long. She wondered if Lorcan was feeling this way. His question about the presence of the others made her feel even worse. He was whispering which confused the girl. Did he think that he was going to be too loud? Was he losing his voice? “No, it’s around mid-afternoon so everyone’s out checking borders, hunting, maybe just wandering around. Things like that,” she replied quietly. 

She looked at him for a moment, amber-yellow gaze flickering to the opening of the medical den then back to him. She didn’t know anything about treating a wolf, but the male had been there for around a week and was already showing plenty of signs of improving. He’d been cooped up in the dark and she knew that sunshine always helped her feel a little better. “Would you want to venture up into the main den for a little sunlight instead of being cooped up in here?” she asked. They wouldn’t go out into the elements, but perhaps it could refresh her new found friend.
(This post was last modified: Dec 22, 2017, 09:23 PM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Silly Lorcan making assumptions...
Lorcan offered a warm smile towards @Adeltra as she made herself comfortable beside him, watching out of the corner of his eye as she lay down upon the various furs which scattered the infirmary floor. The dark chamber was easily large enough for the both of them, which pleased him, as he hoped to enjoy some time in the young girl’s company.

He felt a little foolish when he heard that it was only mid-afternoon and that the rest of the pack were just busy with their duties. “Oh..” He said, his voice breaking out of embarrassment as he diverted his gaze awkwardly. “What about you? What have you been doing?” He asked quickly, trying to brush off his previous mistake, as his curious golden eyes rose to meet her amber gaze again.

The male felt a little nervous when he caught the dark girl staring at him. Lorcan pushed his ears back against his head and swept his tongue awkwardly across his charcoal lips, waiting for her to say something. The question Adeltra then posed to him caught him by surprise. His golden eyes widened and then glanced towards the gloomy tunnel which exited the infirmary chamber, unsure. The thought of basking in the sunlight was appealing. “Do you think your mother and the others would mind?” He asked, giving an eager wave of his tail, as he shifted to crawl closer towards the exit tunnel.
(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2017, 04:49 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
She could tell he was embarrassed when she revealed the time of day and everyone’s activities. The young Archer didn’t think anything about it, however, because it wasn’t like he could help it. He was listening to her cousin and trying to get better and no one could fault him for that. “Me? I’ve just being wandering around and checking borders. Not much else to do here,” she replied. Of course she left the bit out that she chose to chase borders to keep an eye out for her mother. She held out the hope that she would show up one day and when that day came she wanted to be the first one there to show her she was alright.

She could see the excitement in his eyes at her suggestion and it made her happy. When he questioned whether or not her mother or others would care her brows raised. “Oh, Ravenna isn’t my mom. She’s my cousin. My mom left…to look for me,” she said, her smile shrinking a fraction. “But i’m sure they won’t care. You’ve been cooped up in here enough, some sunlight would probably be good,” she replied, making herself brighten up again. She turned and headed toward the opening of the medical den along with Lorcan, waiting for him to exit before she followed behind.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The male nodded in confirmation before listening to Adeltra explain what she had spent her time doing that morning. A single white brow raised at her answer. Ravenna had put her on border patrol, which was no small deal. It was vital for the survival of the pack that the borders remained clearly marked. It was also a role which came with a risk of danger. There was no telling who the young girl could meet at the edge of the territory.

Lorcan’s thoughts drifted to his daughter then, as he wondered what @Inna and Lachesis had Oksana doing each day. If she was anything like her mother, she would make an excellent guardian or hunter.

Golden eyes blinked as his mind returned to the present and he refocused on the dark girl in front of him. “That is a big responsibility for someone your age.” He commented with a friendly wave of his tail and small smile. “Does the guardian role interest you?” Lorcan was curious. She was still young, and perhaps a little small, but with some determination and a bit of training he was confident she could make an efficient guardian for Willow Ridge. After all, Adeltra had been the first to find him at the borders.

Lorcan inched his way towards the tunnel which exited the infirmary and lead upwards to the main den chamber, but paused to ask Adeltra if she was sure when he became uncertain about if he was permitted to leave. His ears perked up when she quickly corrected him about Ravenna being her mother, then flattened back down awkwardly. He should have known better by now than to presume. The male felt silent as he sensed a sadness wash over the girl and, after some coaxing, shuffled his way carefully through the small tunnel and into the main den chamber.

Immediately his dark lashes clenched shut, reacting to the bright ray of sunlight that beamed into the large chamber and made his eyes burn. Crawling blindly towards the warmth of the sun, Lorcan curled himself up near the cave entrance and turned back to peer towards @Adeltra as his eyes continued to adjust. “H-how long has your mother been gone for?” He asked nervously, unsure if the question would just upset the girl further.
Teacher role 1/3 (educating pups on how to be a wolf)
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 04:19 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
When he mentioned that it was a big responsibility she gave a small shrug of her shoulders. It had never really occurred to her that checking the borders could be dangerous, it was just something she did. They had gained enough members to keep them stable but they had all been so used to being so low that everyone had to pull their weight, even the pups. Plus, the Archer girl took pride in their lands. When she was within their borders she felt safe and secure, plus she hadn’t even had any real run ins with danger other than the grumpy old bat that had given her the faint scars on her muzzle. Though Adeltra was beyond her years she was still an innocent young girl at heart.

“I dunno, checking the borders and everything is important but I think I do it mainly because I’m a little nosey,” she revealed, her head ducking in embarrassment. “I like knowing what’s going on and meeting new wolves and I think I’m pretty good at it. I’m not like @Sven or Rav(@Ravenna ), I’m pretty small so I don’t think I’d make the best guardian,” she finished with a wrinkle of her nose.

Addy followed her friend out and allowed him to get settled. It was clear that the sunlight was bothering him, which showed just how long he’d been in the dark. Once he settled she moved to lay with her side pressed against him, sharing their body warmth. Her amber-yellow gaze looked out across the snow, watching the wind pick it up and dance the particles in the wind. She wasn’t much of a winter girl but she had to admit, winter could be pretty.

Auds swiveled to catch his words, hesitant with their prodding. A quiet smile curled on the edges of her lips. “I don’t really know. My brother, @Romanov , said that it had been about a month a month ago so...maybe two now? Said she was real torn up about me being gone and just kind of up and left one day to look for me,” she replied softly. To look for her, her fault. “I got caught in a big storm maybe 5 months ago. Took cover and when I came out I didn’t know where I was. I thought I knew how to navigate back home but I ended up heading north instead of south. Rom blames me for her leaving, I think, but I can’t say I blame him because he’s not wrong. I should have just planted my butt where it was and waited for someone to come find me,” she rambled, staring out across the terrain. “But she’s gonna come back, and when she does I’m gonna be here and the Ridge is gonna be strong like she always wanted it to be.”
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The corners of his charcoal lips curled up into an amused smile when Adeltra confessed to being nosy. Despite her embarrassment, Lorcan did not believe there was anything wrong with the girl’s curiosity. The more she knew and learnt, the greater the chances of her avoiding trouble. The male nodded his head with interest, his golden eyes staring at her through the gloom of the infirmary chamber, before he commented. “Maybe you would make a good scout instead.” A single brow raised. Lorcan was curious to see how she would react to his suggestion. “It’s something to think about.” He added with a casual shrug of his shoulders.

As Lorcan settled down at the mouth of the den, bathed beneath a ray of golden sunlight, he turned back to see the dark figure of the girl as she followed up behind him. The male released a soft sigh as Adeltra then moved to rest up beside him, her dark fur pressed into the pale fur of his side, much like Oksana’s had. Though it made him a little sad, Lorcan did not protest. The girl had been so kind to him, he did not wish to push her away simply because she reminded him of his daughter, so carefully the male adjusted his body slightly to allow @Adeltra to get comfortable.

Lorcan wasn’t sure if he should have asked about the girl’s mother, but as always, his curiosity got the better of him. He was relieved when he noticed the small smile that pulled at her lips before she answered him, happy to know that he had not upset her too much with his question. The male listened eagerly. Her story was one that Lorcan himself could relate and empathise with. When she began to blame herself, the father wished to interject, but he didn’t. He let her finish before he responded.

“You shouldn’t listen to your brother.” He began, leaning over to give the girl a gentle nudge, a caring smile gracing his scarred features. “Maybe someone would have found you if you’d stayed put, or maybe the storm would have washed your scent away and you would have starved out there on your own. It’s difficult to tell in those kind of situations…” He explained, hoping that it would help Adeltra not to be too harsh on herself. “I was caught out by a flash flood in my last pack and went missing for over a month. I felt awful for making my family and pack worry about me, but it couldn’t be helped. Sometimes these things just happen.” He said quietly, before finally turning his gaze towards the bright snow-covered terrain outside.

“I’m sure your mother will return home soon though. She must miss you both.” Lorcan added optimistically, as a last word of encouragement.
Teacher role 2/3
[/dohtml]
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 04:18 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N