(See All?) Announcements
714 Users Online
Bing, Google

One last night? — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Private thread for Garmir & 'Anaeia'. Which one of the relic lore wolves she is >:D?
----------

As Garmir had suspected, her trail became increasingly difficult to follow as soon as the pack borders were behind. Obviously she did not wish for anyone else to find her, but even when she was giving him aid, following her tracks put Garmir's training to test. The direction where she was headed changed often and rapidly, slowing down Garmir's efforts but the earthern male was more determined than ever to find her. Next came a tricky part - crossing an icey creek. Garmir knew already that this was where she often pulled her vanishing trick and true enough, her trail completely ceased on spot. There were two directions she could go. Up or down the creek. He tried to briefly assume role of Anaeia, think like she would think. To turn left or right from here or...

"Oh.."
Another sign on a tree branch, differently made but definately pointing right. Garmir followed along the frozen creek carefully, his eyes darting on both banks in turn. Somewhere here Anaeia would again turn. Garmir begin to pick her scent more, her camouflage slowly starting to fade. He could tell she had used least ash and pine needles to hide her own scent under, though more of it was revealed further the trail went. Clearly she wanted him to find her.

Garmir had been so focused in her search that he had not even had time to think of what would happen when they met. Would he kill her? Would she kill him? If she really wished for it, Garmir doupted he could best her in combat, especially in his current weakened state. Would she try to twist him away from his cause? Taint his fire too? Or did she just... wish for all this to end? Garmir felt so conflicted, but he so very much graved to see her again. Just one more time no matter what was the outcome.

His wish was granted. Garmir came to halt as he noticed a figure standing there in the open, waiting. She looked different but recognizeable, that deadly beautiful form definately Anaeia's. Garmir lowered his ears and body, almost afraid to speak to her. He desperately tried to think of words to say, but nothing came from his mouth first. Finally, he struggled to spell out a question. "Why now..?"
Played by Lullaby who has 10 posts.
All the signs were planted, from the carefully measured bites she placed on each stick to the was she made her prints known in a way he would only know. Infiltration was an easy thing, her scent being covered with soot and pine needles and at times she would use flowers and berries but that was not the point. She had done her part, it was just a matter of time when he would notice,  when he would abandon any task at had to do as she asked.

Patience was running thin within the walls of her mind, her heart raced at a familiar speed that might be called excitement or was it a form of anticipation? For a moment she waited, standing so still that if no one was looking, she would not be spotted. Her breathing slowed, the soft cloud that showed her breath seemed to only come in slower intervals. She had to be prepared, what would he say once he saw her, what would he do?

ow far has their indoctrination clouded your mind? How badly did they turn you against me, what did they say? Will you still love me like you said a year ago?

Those were questions that entered her mind, trying to distract her from her task but she closed the one golden eye that stayed open. Again she breathed, inhaling deeply before letting it all out in a silent exhale. His scent came then but she did not turn to face him, the sound if his paws against the untouched snow reached her ears but she acted as if she did not know he was there. He stood there, his eyes boring a hole in her as he tried to speak. Snow began to fall in a slow dance, her soot covered fur now gaining a new white layer.

Why now?

Was that really what he wanted to say, had he really never seen the messages she left in the kingdom and near the lesser packs to call him to her? Rather slowly she turned to face him, her eyes still closed before she allowed first her yellow eye to see him before the blue one finally lifted with some effort. Why now? What, was this time not convenient for him? She looked over is frame, confused by the state he was in. She did not open her mouth but simple began to walk toward him, a deliberate swing of her hips and tail as she face the man nearly equal in height. What had come of him?

A sigh came then, the only sound she would mutter before replacing her guard. "Shall I come back when it's more convenient, Garör?" Her voice was cold, giving nothing away as she simply look at him. Daring him to challenge her now, daring him to tell her to go away.
(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2018, 02:51 PM by Fiagira.)
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
Anaeia using his original name struck at Garmir, taking him by surprise. His ears dropped even further and head lowered just an inch, his eyes remaining on her as he tried to decide wether to growl or whimper. If she was using his real name to talk to him, then she must have thruly abandoned their cause, proving to be every bit of an traitor his leaders had convinced she was. She was no longer Anaeia, that name no longer belonging to her if she was as tainted as he feared. Garmir's lips turned into a snarl and he growled ever so faintly, that snarl slowly turning into painful grin as if boy trying to convince her he was still alright.

Perhaps he could have chosen some other words but truth be told, this was one question among thousand that stood out above all the others. Of course he wanted to know everything, just know how she was doing, where she had been, was she angry at him for choosing what he chose? But why come to him now, right after she had beaten him in their cruel game of hide and seek. She could have vanished and begin new life and yet she came back to him. Did she thruly believe he would not kill her? "Its not... Im just.... you won already. You could have kept running and I would have never found you. Yet, here you are. What good could possibly come out of this meeting!?" -He explained, finally finding a bit of voice to let his words come out. Garmir's voice lacked his usual confidence and calm and he sounded almost like paniced.

The earthen male instinctively raised his guard as she came closer to him, knowing very well how easy art of killing was to her. His eyes remained on her face, piercing back into her twin colored eyes, Garmir trying to see anything that would hint wether or not she was going to attack him. Should he act first? He had been ordered to kill her and yet now that she was here before him, Garmir could not move, instead standing almost petrified, his body on edge as she came closer and tension became unbearable. This was not how he had imagined it.

"Stay back!" -He managed to shout while snapping at her direction, his voice turned into painful yelp.
[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
His posture said everything, it screamed how badly they had turned him against her. When his name hit his ears he seemed to sink lower, allowing her height to look massive in comparison to his. As she closed in he gave her the reaction she had expected, a snarl twisted his feature and a growl rumbled but that stopped as if he was trying to convince her that he was something he was not. Even after this display she still gave him a cold and emotionless mask, she blinked slowly as his words finally fell from his tongue.

"A new life," she chuckled but it was face. Her eyes slowly melted, from the frigid stare to a slightly warmer look but the mask was not completely gone. "Did those nights together mean nothing to you? Were they simply so easy to forget?" Her words still seemed emotionless, a sliver of pain had crept in but nothing more.

"I do not want a life without you." she finally cofessed as she steped even closer, her hips swinging until she stood still as he yelled at her. He snapped and she did not even flinch, in fact, she did not react at all. She looked at him as he yelped, closing her blue eye for a moment before reopening it.

"I know you do not want that." She answered his weak command for her to stay back, she knew that he wanted her close.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
kill her now, kill her quick, before she twists you again! Garmir was struggling to maintain and kind of thread of thought, his emotions battling with his will, leaving him unable to make a move for direction or the other. Of course he wanted to be with her, of course he remembered - but this was not about what he wanted. The earthen male did not hide his inner conflict from her, knowing there was no reason to play faces. "Of course I remember. But what we did was sin!" -Garmir spoke with mixture of anger and sadness in his tone. "I placed you before my oath and look where we ended up. I can't.. I will not.." -His words faded away as he could not bring himself into saying he did not care for her.

His love for her was like a decease he could not rid himself of no matter how he tried. He knew what had to be done but he did not want this meeting to end into her death. He allowed his guard to fall down, perhaps pesuaded by her words, perhaps being foolish. For all he knew everything she said could be a lie. If he was not careful she might taint his fire again and turn him away from the cause. "What I want and what I have to do have nothing to do with one another. You know how it is - you were one of us." -He murmured while turning his head aside, her being so much closer now. He knew she could deliver fatal strike on him if he exposed himself like this ... and in a way he hoped she would just to bring end to this.

"We should not argue about this..." -He pleaded, not wanting to spend his last moments with his friend holding a grudge.

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
He was emotional, his face was not guarded the way she had guarded her own. A conflict of emotions entered his voice as she simply let out a breath she had no idea she was holding, what they did was a sin to him. Those soft touches, the signs of affection, his warmth against her own was a sin to him. They had taken what they were away, from the moment she found out that one of their comrade betrayed them, he was doomed. SHe ran for many reasons, left and awaited his arrival. She hoped it was not to late before they spun lies and deceit into her belove's head, talking to him about how she might have tainted his fire.

"Look where we ended up, you do not even know half of the story!" She finally broke, her mask finally falling as a fire of anger and pain entered her eyes. The sentence came with a rather threatening growl but she never lashed out at him. He continued with his speaking of how wants and duty were not the same but the Greater Pack had twisted this. They stole children and killed when they thought necessary, once their cause had been just but now. The king was power hungry and afraid, she knew this now. Her face softened as he turned his head away from her, she moved even closer now to make her warmth be known to his body unless he stepped away.

"Just give me one last night, one night and then we will do what need to be done." She spoke softly, she allowed him to see her as he remembered one last time before their time would be over.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
Garmir felt uncomfortable seeing that she was still hiding her true face from him. While deep down he knew her thoughts fairly well, she had been demonized enough for him to be suspicious about her intentions. It was not till she replied and lost her act that Garmir begin to believe her words. Anger and pain was something that was not so easy to play. He did not blame her for anything that had happen despite how it might have seen but instead Garmir saw himsef just as much as an evil doer in this story. Perhaps he should have never smiled to her like he did during their training, shown that confident smirk that propably was the tiny spark that set all this in motion. Had he kept everything professional, she'd never fallen for him, nor would she have ever seduced him away from his purpose. They had tainted each other's fires, but how they chose to correct this differed.

He did not prevent her from reaching him, rather he turned his head and buried in her shoulder, breathing out deep as he leaned on her. This felt good and even when it was so wrong, he wanted to feel her. "I will make attempt on your life come morning. Till then... lets not talk about it." -He agreed, granting her that one last night she asked for. He knew she'd propably try to persuade him to leave the cause and greater pack behind, but Garmir had been brainwashed deep enough to make such attempt near impossible.

He smiled weakly, able to pick her scent now so clearly, that scent buried under many disguises she often had. Smelling her was like reading her adventures from a book, Garmir taking a good while to inhale and pick details. ".. where have you been?" he asked, more cheery now, even his tail waving. Of course he could not switch his mood this quickly, this being half acting, but if he kept it up, he might start to believe it himself.

When her mask fell, he seemed to finally understand. This was not an act, she hid because that was all she had done for the past year. Her face rose and fell with emotions that were not real, gave names that were not her own. It was almost a relief that she did not have to hide in this moment, and he surprised her. Even though he weakly commanded her to stay back, growled and snarled, he allowed himself the pleasure he wanted. His face weaved in her fur, his breath against her skin in a way she had missed and lost the day she fled. For a moment she let his words go unanswered, her dual colored gaze closed as she pressed her own nose against his neck. Once this night was over they would have to fight, do the one thing she did not want to do. They would fight and one of them would no longer stand, just as the greater Pack wanted.

"And I will make an attempt to prolong my life," she sighed into his fur and she left it at that. They would no longer talk about the tainted cause and their sin, they would be together one last time and try to remember how it once had been. She loved how he was so competitive back then, always try to best the top child of their class. Their skill branched off once they reached six months of age, he was meant to guard the princess and she was meant to be the King's hand. The assassin of the Greater Pack. A sigh came then as she breathed his scent in deeply, it was different than before but she chose not to comment on this.

Where have you been?

She knew it was coming, this question. Again she sighed, she had been a lot of places and to be honest she tried to start a new life but she could not get over him. Love had tainted her heart, her fire, and she could not simply forget about their moments. She stayed alone most of the time, every now and then she would help others with a hunt or even try to travel with a few others but she could not remember what name she gave them so the ruse was short lived. "At first.." Her words paused as she thought of how much she should tell him, after all, one would not life tomorrow. Right? "Well, i waited for you. I left a sign that I guess you never saw, something only you would have known. I stayed with your old pack for a week before I had to move on." She spoke softly, a sadness still played with those words. "I left a few other signs, I was never too far from you until recently. You were never able to beat me in tracking, remember?" She gave a soft chuckle, it was true, she had been their best.
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 03:30 AM by Fiagira.)
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
Garmir listened her, his eyes closed and his body relaxing as he simply enjoyed her presence, hoping he could freeze time and never have to see tomorrow again. She took his promise surprisingly calmly, simply telling she would not just let him kill her. He wasn't sure did this mean she would run again - or face him, but that mattered not right now. Garmir's tail wagged ever so lightly behind him as she recounted - even if briefly - her story to him. He said nothing in turn, giving her plenty of time to choose her words. She claimed she had left him a sign he must have missed. That explained why her trail went cold all of sudden.

She made no comment on his health, but right now out of the two Anaeia was in better shape and also heavier. Garmir had still not recovered properly from his starvation, even though he was now quite able. This meant she would have distinct advatange over him tomorrow when, or rather if they were going to fight. He brushed those thoughts aside, deciding not to commit any time into notion of them trying to kill one another. Today, they were going to be those yearlings again whom so often met in secret, away from everyone's prying eyes..

"I still managed to keep up with you for months. It felt often like I was chasing being of my own imagination..." -he replied, trying to least claim some success for his hunt. It seemed they were still as competitive as ever and if anything he always hated loosing to her.It was strange she had chosen to seek shelter from his old pack, knowing it was allied to the Greater pack. Either she had lied to them, or his own family was more traitorous than what he had thought. Garmir chose not to ask her, knowing that if she told they had willingly and knowingly offered her refuge, Garmir would have to turn them over to his king. Still, mentioning the old pack brought a question on his mind.

"...Do I call you now Fiagira? That was your real name wasn't it?" -the earthen male murmured into her shoulder while pressing himself closer, finally allowing himself to sit down on the snowy ground.