Google, Bing, Adora, Finley

Black as midnight, black as pitch — Quaking Vale 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
There's a road that takes me home
Morganna Archer

The aspen trees had long since dropped their fiery leaves and now as far as the eye could see the world was pained white. It grated on her nerves a little, no dark shadows and lush greens and browns that came with evergreen trees. If you started at the scenery too long your eyes would begin to play tricks on you, the trunks morphing into images of distant plains. It was almost as if she were back on the tundra, and it had put her in a foul mood.

She understood the need to stay, to give her brother that extra time he needed but now she was at her breaking point, it was time to move and she knew just where she wanted to go. When more white movement broke the monotony of the landscape she managed a smirk, maybe the colour wasn't so terrible in small doses. She chuffed to @Celandine with a tip of her chin. "I think we have better places to be."

Played by Pinn who has 460 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

Celandine's gait held none of it's usual grace, as each step still brought an uncomfortably sharp jolt of pain to her wrist. She refused to complain about it, opting instead to focus on keeping her features neutral, lest a wince slip it's way across the delicate curves of her face.

That, coupled with the unbearably mundane period as they waited for Niles to grieve had the pale woman sporting a rather sour mood more often than not. She was far more prone to bouts of irritability, but that wasn't something too out of character for Celandine anyway.

The Argyris' bright gaze flickered across Morganna's form before her chuff could escape into the air between them. Even in the dim light of the forest, the alpha stood out against the pristine blanket of white snow that covered everything in sight. 

The corner of Celandine's lip pulled upwards as her gaze shifted in response to Morg's statement, portraying something a little darker than mischief.  "I was starting to wonder if you found the feeling of suffocating endearing." The thick canopy certainly felt that way to her. 

Have you seen my OOC preferences?
[Image: YCWYGS9.png]
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
There's a road that takes me home
Morganna Archer

Were she human, she might have compared the stark whiteness to something clinical, like a dentists office or hospital, horrible in its fluorescence and grating on the senses with all its unfamiliar sounds. As it was, all she could decide was that it wasn't for her. She needed evergreen trees and familiar expanses, with assistance readily on hand if it was required. That didn't stop her from taking the bait that Celandine was laying out before her though. "Yer know I'll try anythin' once." she quipped back with a smirk and a sharp glance that spoke of the laughter that didn't leave her lips. "We might lose a few along th' way, but I'd rather they fall off before we start again than wander off later." There was little she could stomach less than those that left without a word, especially after the way Craw had left her hanging.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris
let’s admit the world don’t turn around us
Celandine Argyris

Celandine didn't particularly mind the vast ocean of white that laid upon the vale, it was the cramped feeling of the surrounding forests that she hated. She wasn't a beacon of light, or a guide to aid weary travelers to safety, but somehow this place had made her exactly that. It was far beneath her. "A pity you didn't like it. It could have been fun." The teasing in her tone was clear, as they both knew that Quaking Vale didn't suit either of their tastes. "If we lose them now, then they were useless from the start." If moving a pack was the end-all for someone, then so be it. If they couldn't handle even that, then what would they do when they were needed?

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
so close your eyes and know how lucky you are
Morganna Archer

This was the reason they worked so well together, Morganna thought with a silent smirk. They had similar opinions of those that couldn't keep up, or chose to make themselves a nusance, and neither had much sympathy to spare. She didn't need to agree with the woman for her to know her words rang true, and neither were terribly fond of wasting breath on the obvious. "Skoll should be perkin' up soon, what about you?" That ankle hadn't gone unnoticed. She was sure it would rankle the woman to be fussed over so her voice didn't hold any hint of sympathy, if she was going to have to slow the pack down, she wanted to know before they set out.

Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris
let’s admit the world don’t turn around us
Celandine Argyris

She hadn't thought to see how Skoll was healing, especially with Maeve's incident, and her sprain, but she was glad to hear that it wouldn't be long before he was better. Had he have had to make the journey a month ago Celandine wouldn't have been sure whether or not his body could've handled it. "Should be fine. Pietro's not half-bad as medic." Young as he was. "Maeve's looking better too, but if it comes down to it I'll fall behind with her." She was certain the colorless woman would try to keep up, but just in case. 

(This post was last modified: Jan 20, 2018, 12:14 PM by Celandine.)
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
so close your eyes and know how lucky you are
Morganna Archer

Morganna nodded along with the praise aimed at her cousin, "Yeah, they know their stuff, it's a shame 'e didn' stick with'em fer another year..." He might have rivalled her own mother with just a little more practice. She had picked up a little herself, but found herself gravitating to the wolves that dwelled in the surrounding valley with their exotic tales and superstitions. At the suggestion she would drop back with Maeve if she had to something tightened in her chest, "No need, we're not in a rush, I gotta stop an' see Greer an' Ravenna on our way through anyway." There might have been something a bit off about the tight smile that touched her lips, but she was under a lot of obvious pressure to those in the know. If asked, she would brush it off as fatigue.

Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

"Wish I would have thought to pick up a thing or two." But she hadn't. Plants weren't interesting enough to hold her attention. Nor were they particularly entertaining. Unless, of course, they were talking about poisons. Maybe she'd have Pietro give her a lesson in those? Ah, but when would she ever have any use for that information? Wouldn't she always have someone there to administer such things?

The shift in Morganna was hardly noticeable, and even if she had noticed it, Celandine would have probably interpreted it wrong, so she ignored it. "That sounds fair. I doubt the Lagoon is going to wander off anytime soon." In all honestly, Cela didn't care how long it took to get there, so long as they did. "And I'm sure Ravenna will be gald to see you. When I saw her last, she said that things have been hard in the Ridge."

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
baby I'm back now, feelin' how I used to feel
Morganna Archer

The discussion turning to her sister was enough to turn Morganna's smile to something more genuine, "Yeah bu' she's tough, she'll be fine, at least until Spring anyway." Then it would be up to her just how hard the following year would be on the Ridge. "Speakin' of, yer got any plans this year? I'm dunno if Renier'll want a break after this years lot make a reappearance." She smirked, both knowing just what a handful her children could and would be once they blazed their trail back to the Lore. "Not that I wanna get ahead o' myself but I assume th' plan still stands yeah?" The one where they would be leading together, in the west.