500 Users Online
Bing, Google, Neo

Half the world away — Aurora Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn
All welcome!!

He was back. A little windswept but no worse for wear. His aimless zigzagging back and forth over the mountain wasn't getting him anywhere, nor had he found a single trace of @Thuban either side of it. The thought of searching too far from the Heights made his chest hurt, like he was a deserter merely taking advantage of the kindness @Kyna had showed him. She deserved better than that, they all did, but what else  was he supposed to do? The land below called out to him, come on come on he was out there somewhere! And yer, Elias simply pushed his toes-or what remained of them- into the snow and shook his head.

The weather kept jumping back and forth between barely tolerable and terrible terrible, cold cold. It wasn't much better up so high but...it was exactly like home, or some parts of it anyway. And for now that was enough.

(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2018, 09:10 PM by Elias.)
[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

Getting to know his subordinates was an important part of being a leader, Greer knew that. So much had changed since life as a subordinate on the monadnock, where he did not have limitations confining him to the land. But this life he had now, with Kyna, he wouldn’t change any of it. Together they had Aurora Heights, their own slice of heaven atop the mountain, and Revon, their little firecracker. Venturing south had also brought the spider-legged Archer closer to his family—proximity-wise. He was on good terms with most of his family, but not all. He just hoped his sister’s move west wouldn’t cause turmoil with their birthpack. Mainly Sven, for he wasn’t sure how their younger sister felt about Morganna’s decision to head back west after the dust had settled in the Vale. Nicolò wouldn’t be happy either, but Greer didn’t care. He’d watch the forest burn as a result of all the family drama from atop the heights.

He spotted the pale figure in the distance, causing his pace to quicken as he reluctantly changed his course. His scarlet mate had accepted the blue-eyed stranger into the pack; therefore, Greer had not gotten a chance to get properly acquainted with the newcomer. Elias, he reminded himself as he approached the younger male, his tail swaying in greeting. Adjusting? He asked, his maw canted to the side. It wasn’t often that Greer spoke first. The boy should consider himself lucky.

[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias had never spoken to the dark, leggy one yet. It took him a while to recall his name, but when he did a smile broke out on Elias' face. Greer. The name seemed a little odd, but who was he to judge? He hadn't been here all that long, he had no right to say such blunt things, nor would he ever, lest he hurt anyone's feelings.

Swishing his tail in return, Elias regarded the King of the Heights with a heartfelt- if not maybe a little timid- smile.

"Yes sir!" He called, perking up as if nothing had even bothered him in the first place. As though his worries were nothing than a temporary set back."You see, this place is sort of like my home. Mountainous, I mean so it's not a massive change to adjust to. But I suppose being away from my family is...difficult at times. But really! Thanks for letting me in and giving me a chance...probably sounded fishy and all, bet you have a lot of wolves wanting to come and go but I really mean it! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, sir."

Was that too much? Probably. Ah well, it was all out now. No taking it back.

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

The silver-eyed shadow blinked, dumbfounded by the amount of words dripping off the new subordinate’s tongue. Oh no, he thought glumly to himself as he struggled to maintain a neutral expression on his dark features: he was one of those. A talker. A type that Greer did not fair well with. Even his scarlet mate, who was composed and smooth around the edges, was more of the verbal type. He swallowed, his lips pulling tight as he gave a silent nod to show that he was listening. Or, that he was trying to listen. It was a lot of words all at once—something the silent male was not used to. His subordinates had gotten used to his silent mannerisms and adapted to them, but Elias was new—he had not yet crossed paths with the ebony Archer.

Poor Elias. Greer really wished he could offer him something more, but the thought of expelling the same amount of words made the Archer’s stomach churn.

Welcome, he hummed with an amused curl of his lips, his nose tipping to the side as he regarded the younger wolf. Been away long? He asked in an attempt to keep the conversation rolling and show the blue-eyed subordinate that he really was listening. 

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias wasn't the most observant wolf. His blue eyes worked well enough, he could see all he needed to but many social cues flew right by his head. Especially when he was with someone he didn't know so well. Greer was hard to read, so serious and stern, much like Terrel but less... Hm, Elias titled his head as he offered him a smile, warm and welcoming as though Greer was the newcomer and not the other way around.

"Longer than I would like, but you know what they say? Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

That was how the saying went but Elias wasn't so sure it was true. He did miss the mountains but more than that he missed the wolves who used to reside there. Those who remained, they loved them too but...Again, he was teetering dangerously close to a sore topic. It's like he just couldn't help himself, that he was addicted to the pain it caused. Hecking weird masochist.

"I hope to return one day, only once I've found my friend. Not yet though,I'm not running off anytime soon! I won't abandon you or the Heights, I swear it!"

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

Despite the array of words tumbling from the pale male’s mouth Greer, silently, decided that he liked him. He was softer than the others that made their home in the Heights, but that was okay. They needed some balance among the ranks, especially since most of the Aurora wolves were gruff and stoic in nature. He seemed eager to please, which the shadow also liked. It meant he would be loyal and do whatever necessary to provide for the pack. Greer could also see him as a potential teacher to his scarlet daughter. Perhaps he would be the one to subdue her flame; tone her down a little. He nearly snorted at the thought. It was unlikely, for little Revon was a firecracker. A mystery to her composed parents, but adored all the same.

He dismissed the male’s words with a shrug. The shadow did not doubt that Elias meant what he said. He didn’t even look capable of lying. Greer believe, he hummed with a small smile, his mercury gaze soft as he studied his subordinate. Friend? he asked, his maw canting to the side. Greer kept to himself for the most part, but he was familiar with some of the wolves nearby. He usually didn’t store names away unless he believed them to be important, but perhaps a name would help trigger a memory. It was worth a shot.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias nodded, eager.

"He's a good friend, but also family." How could he be both at the same time? Elias wasn't so sure to be honest, but it felt right so he tried not to think about it too much. "Like yours my family is...was"he corrected."Very big,  it's sort of hard to tell how everyone is related but...in the end it doesn't really matter. As long as we have one another's back that's all we need."

That was what Elias believed, with all his heart, but even he realised it all sounded rather...hopeful.The world would never let things be that easy, there would always be the occasional black sheep, wolves like Savion who ruined it for everyone else.  A frown tugged at his maw.

"I hope he's all right...I'm not sure what I would do if he was hurt. I don't understand why I haven't found him by now. Doesn't make sense." That was a lie. It made total sense, maybe there was nothing to find her. Maybe he was gone, like the rest. Maybe Elias had failed yet another Selwyn, old habits died hard perhaps.

Elias looked up sharply, his cloudy gaze settling on his alpha once more.

"Do you think I'm overthinking this, sir? I do that- I can't help it." He admitted, his words rushed and drenched with an underlying sense of panic, fear even.

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

Greer was learning very quickly that the blonde newcomer was a talker—something he would have to get used to. For once, he didn’t mind listening. There was something innocent about the younger male; naïve. But the good kind. He reminded him of his younger brother, Niles, which made Greer like him instantly. Even if he talked too much. That was something he get over, as he had dealt with Elias’ kind before. The shadow could be a good listener, when he wanted, and so far the blonde had captured his full attention. Something that didn’t happen often, unless the wolf was named Kyna or Revon. Friend come here? He asked, his nose tipped to the side as he attempted to dig more information out of the blonde. It would make the most sense, otherwise why would Elias seek out the lands of Relic Lore?

The male’s question earned an amused smirk from the stoic male—even caused a small laugh to tumble from deep within his chest. Something that did not happen often to the ebony Archer. Little bit, he answered honestly, the smile still pulling at his dark lips. Greer sure Elias find friend. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but one day. If the blonde boy was determined he would find the wolf he was searching for—and Greer did not doubt his loyalty for a second.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias nodded.

"That's what I was told."He told him, wondering if he should explain a little more. Why not? He'd already earned a reputation as a blabber mouth, what was the point in stopping now? "I met this white wolf called...uh Leorio, I think. Him and his lady friends settled in the lands north of here, just beyond the tundra. He said he saw Thuban...they didn't stop to speak or anything like that but he said if he was going anywhere it would be here, Relic Lore. That everyone seems to flock here for some reason or another, I can see why now, of course but..."He trailed off, not quite understanding where he had intended that sentence to go.

At the very least Greer wasn't mad, or tired by the sounds of it. Elias knew he could ramble on and on and...that couldn't be fun to listen to.

"I hope so. I'd love for you to meet him. He'd really like you, I think! So strong and cool...Strong silent types always are."He laughed a little, his eyes crinkling around the corners as his tail wagged behind him.

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

Thuban. Finally the blonde youth had given Greer a name to go off of. The shadow hadn’t encountered anyone by the name during his travels, but it didn’t mean he wouldn’t. He’d just have to actually pay attention to names for once, instead of discarding them almost immediately after hearing them. Greer did better with faces as opposed to names. But even then he didn’t always commit them to memory. Unless he knew they were important, or they shared the Archer-Lyall name. But, for Elias, he would try. The pale-eyed Selwyn was the first Chatty Cathy Greer could actually stand to be around and not get a headache. Clearly he was doing something right. Greer keep ear out, he commented, offering the blonde a rare smile.

Come, he added, motioning for the younger male to follow him. Patrol? He would not force his new subordinate to join him if he did not want to, but Greer (for once) was not opposed to the company. Oh no—was Elias already rubbing off on him? His brows pinched together at the thought. He was positive Kyna would faint if she heard her husband string more then six words together—seven on a good day. The thought almost caused a laugh to escape him, but the shadow quickly swallowed it as he stepped away from his subordinate. He’d patrol regardless of whether the newcomer decided to join him; Greer hated remaining till for too long. 

fade with yours? @Elias <3