(See All?) Announcements
454 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo, Nadine, Adelard

We could be the talk across the town — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
Morganna, you slip on a patch of ice and hit your "funny bone". For @Adeltra M for the swears
There's a road that takes me home
Morganna Archer

Morganna felt the shadow follow her from the Willows when she was done with her sister and her pack. She pretended to ignore it, wondering just how long the child would follow her and just what stories she may have heard to leave her so enthralled. She kept reminding herself she was Enoki's child too, in an attempt to cancel out the bad taste that Nicolo left in the back of her throat, but everything was forgotten as a concealed patch of ice appeared under her right paw, sending the wolf sprawling, her elbow striking an errant rock and sending a string of expletives into the air "Motherfucking whelp of a two bone whore!" She straightened with a scowl, cautiously stretching her leg to chase away the pins and needles. She still had a long way to walk before they'd be done and the last thing she needed was to be carrying an injury.

Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Adeltra had followed her cousin once she’d departed, hoping to catch up to her and maybe get to know her a little better. It wasn’t that she was enraptured with the woman, but rather that she was a family member that the girl didn’t know. Plus, she’d been to Torbine! While Ravenna had plenty of information to tell the girl, she hadn’t experienced the place like Morganna had. The land where they all had begun, the land where her father had grown up and a place that she would likely never visit except in her dreams.

She’d been a bit indecisive about talking to her, which was why she’d hung back at first. She felt a bit of confusion as well, sure that the woman had likely sensed her presence but she hadn’t stopped to inquire. Curiouser and curiouser. Just as she’d made up her mind to call out to the older she-wolf, Morganna was suddenly on the ground and Addy’s auds shifted forward in alarm. She picked up her pace, stifling a laugh in consideration of the other Archer’s pride. The girl was concerned, of course, but it wasn’t something that she hadn’t done herself before. Children got into all sorts of mischief and weathered things that you would think would hurt them for sure, only to see them come out on the other side having only shed a few tears. But, dang did she not feel for her.

I think my mom would have given me a good cuff on the ear if I spoke like that, she jibbed, amber-yellow gaze trailing down for a split-second to make sure the leg wasn’t in any weird directions. Thankfully it seemed intact and her stomach would be saved for the day, considering that the girl was certain she might expel the contents if the leg had been broken.

(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2018, 03:32 AM by Adeltra.)
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
oh crap I had this written in a word doc but hadn't posted it yet I'm so sorry.
so close your eyes and know how lucky you are
Morganna Archer

Morganna's scowl cracked into a smirk as the girl finally decided to make her presence known and proclaimed such language would earn her a cuff around the ear, "Yeah, I reckon yer ma mighta tried th' same on me when I was yer age if she'd caught me usin' it too..." She let her voice trail off for a moment as she revelled in the nostalgia, "So I made sure she never caught me." Her smile was full of teeth, her paw finally finding it's place in the snow once more. "So what're yer doin' out here anyway?" She really wasn't suited to dealing with kids that weren't her own, a sidelong glance thrown at the child wondering if she would manage to make this one cry too.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

The smirk that formed on her cousin’s lips seemed to say that she wouldn’t be getting any sharp comments just yet, which pleased her. When she mentioned that she made sure she didn’t get caught the girl laughed, tail wagging good naturedly. A grin settled on her features, mischief in her eyes as she responded, Well, I guess it’s our little secret that we do as we damn well please. Of course she didn’t, she stuck to her own strong moral standings and honestly that was the first time she’d ever cussed in her life. She decided she didn’t really like it, but to each their own.

When questioned about why she was doing out there she gave a little hum. What, can’t I get to know my own family? she replied. Really she didn’t know what it was that she expected to come from this interaction. Sure she wanted to ask about Torbine, but what came after that? Well, might as well cut to the chase. I heard you’ve been to Tobine, she said.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
baby i'm back now, feeling how i used to feel
Morganna Archer

A corner of Morganna's mouth turned up at the girl's bold statement, "Yer don't have ter pretend wi' me." It was an offhanded comment, meant to put the girl at ease. Morganna wasn't someone that she needed to impress, she just needed to be herself and all would be fine. As for getting to know her family, Morganna actually laughed, "Yeah, well yer da' isn't my biggest fan," but it wasn't her place to elaborate on the reasons why.

And then they got to the heart of it, "Yeah, it's a long walk there'n' back, but th' stories don' do it justice at all. Th' lagoon'll be a poor substitute but it's as close as yer'll see ter an ocean around these parts."

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Morganna assured her that she didn’t have to pretend with her making Addy assume that she saw right through her guise. She ducked her head, a sheepish grin stretching across her maw. It seemed she’d been caught, that for some reason in the back of her mind maybe she did want to impress Morganna. After all, the woman had been to Torbine and was the oldest daughter of the woman who had started everything. Plus, Addy really wanted all of her family to like her even if she knew that was impossible.

A laugh came from her cousin’s lips and the girl’s tail gave a hard wag, a glimmer of amusement stretching across her amber-yellow gaze before a brow raised curiously at her mention that her father wasn’t her ‘biggest fan.’ Certainly her interest was piqued but it seemed like the other didn’t want to go into any specifics. She bit her tongue, keeping the questions that laid at the back of her throat was spilling out.

Then, she started speaking about Torbine and her head shot up again. She listened, suddenly understanding why she wanted to go to the Lagoon. Perhaps it still wasn’t her cup of tea, as Adeltra had been to the Lagoon before and never quite enjoyed it, but if it was a little slice of Torbine she could see why her cousin would want to go. Guess I’ll have to come see this little piece of Torbine once you and your merry band of wolves settle down. If you’re okay with that? she said, a brow raising in question. How much of Torbine is Archers anyways, she asked curiously. Rav had made it seem like hundreds but things could have changed since Elettra’s time there.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
baby I'm back now, feelin' how I used to feel
Morganna Archer

Morganna managed a chuckle when the girl asked how much of Torbine was Archers, "All o' it," She responded simply, expecting that her father would have at least told her that much already, "If they aren't Archers they're mates o' Archers, or may as well be Archers." They were all so stiff and formal that Morganna had initially been full of dread at the sheer size of her litter. Had she only had one or two, she would have carried them back to the Lore just to escape the formality of it all. "But there're others that're allowed ter stay there too that weren't Archers. Travelers, loners, as long as they didn' cause trouble an' contributed they were left well enough alone. They were a lot more fun than th' Archers, I learned a lot jus' listenin' ter their stories." She managed a smirk, a lot of spooky ghost stories, and some not so spooky. It was nice to gain a different perspective on things, that was for sure.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Morganna assured that practically all of Torbine was comprised of Archers. She could imagine an entire pack of them, after all that was pretty much what the Ridge was, but and entire land? The way they described the place it made it seem like it was as big as the Lore, and she’d seen a pretty decent amount of it to know that it was huge. Addy had always been interested in meeting her family, but...an entire land of them? Everyone you walked there would be a relative and she wasn’t entire sure how she felt about it.

She went on to describe the loners and the girl’s brows lifted in curiosity. A lot more fun she said? And stories? Call her her father’s daughter was Adeltra was all for stories. If Morganna found them interesting then she was sure she would too. Would you...wanna tell me some of ‘em? Or even just one, if you have the time? she asked, hoping she wasn’t stepping on any toes.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
@Adeltra - I'm so sorry, you can fade with your next and we can get this off the threadlogs.

baby i'm back now, feeling how i used to feel

She might have been a busy woman but Morganna had a secret soft spot for kids. She was never going to turn one away, her uncles daughter or not... at the same time, she still had a pack to get back to and more miles to cover before the sun went down. "If yer don' mind walkin' wi'me I'm sure I can think o' somethin', if not, yer can always come an' visit once we're settled." Her head tilted in invitation as she continued her journey westward. A pack of moving wolves weren't just going to cotton onto the fact she had been waylaid by a younger wolf. Not checking to see whether Adeltra was following or not, she vaguely began, "Av yer ever heard about kelpies?"

Morganna Archer