(See All?) Announcements
514 Users Online
Bing, Jessamy, Google

An Honest Liar — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Igni who has 45 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vafri Seigaldr
She did ask, after all, about his ramblings. Of course asking was quite normal - expected - but Vafri felt a little pang of anxious music thrumming at his heart strings anyway. He was never quite sure if he ought to share his feelings on the world... Sometimes in his travels Vafri met wolves who knew other stories, old stories like his, but they acted like theirs were the only ones. Sometimes he met those who just smiled and let him go on with his own foolishness, and kept their peace closer to themselves. He envied those types most days. The constant need to open up his chest and let these bright things out was dangerous; he never could be sure if he was letting out too much, or something too important. He never could be sure if he believed his stories anyway - and should he? "Uhm." One eyetooth flashing in a kind of awkward grin, he pawed at the rocky ground. Thin crystals of snow rustled between his toes. "The sky," he clarified after half a breath of hesitation. "The Great Snake, who swallows her own tail. She's watching now, you know, with that eye of hers." Vafri nosed up toward the sun in a brief gesture. "Spitting fire and all that nonsense. Just a story Mother told me. Probably nothing to get upset about." He lifted a hind paw to scratch absently at one flopping ear. It sounded stupid now the way he said it, and he half expected her to laugh or roll her eyes - because he wasn't half the storyteller he ought to be. Not enough heart for stories; not enough conviction. He was quick as winter weather when the winds blew. At least he knew it.

Vafri cast a brief glance at the sky again and shook his head. Hope you don't decide to fall on me, he thought, as if she cared for silly prophets. As if either eye could see a damn thing... He went and asked about the she-wolf's eyes to gain a moment of distraction, and at least Jayseyk obliged him that. A certain smiling light came to his face again when she spoke of the sea and of sky breaking through the clouds. She might have a heart for stories, Vafri thought again but briefly. She reminded him of some things from the time before he ran off all alone, things that smelled warm and comfortable - like family. Too bad a sort of heaviness came to her voice at the end; he leaned in just a bit as Jayseyk looked down at her paws, and Vafri wondered what had happened to the boy. A bad fall maybe, or a kick to the jaw, or clumsy step... All kinds of things in the world killed wolves. Or maybe the boy was just lost and not dead... He wondered if his family ever spoke of him with eyes like that, but then he told himself that was a silly thought.

No one in his family was so sky-touched.

"They sound beautiful," he said offhandedly. How do you pull a stranger from their sadness when you don't even know the source of it? You don't, said his common sense, but Vafri liked ignoring that part of his brain and so he talked instead, which was the one skill he'd honed somehow on his walks through everywhere . "You're lucky," he added, voice warm rather than envious. "To know such things."
(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2012, 10:59 AM by Vafri.)
user posted image
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
She kept her eyes trained off him, sensing his momentary bit of uncertainty. There was nothing strange about it, just silent thoughts and questions if he would answer or not. It was a usual form of two strangers getting aquaintened. From the corner of her eyes she was sure he wanted to explain, thinking she saw some kind of grin. And her ear was cocked, noticing his paw fiddling with the snow. She was ready for them to continue like she hadn't asked. The mention of the sky she lifted her chin, and opened her eyes. She'd never heard of it being a Great Snake, but it was clear she was intrigued by the story. Her eyes lighting up in a way they had not. She could somehow picture this Great Snake watching over them. But was it suppose to be a palladium or a fierce goddess to damn those below? She sounded fierce, more of the later than the first. It was the sun she noticed he was pointing at. "Sounds like one heck of a story," she commented, a very small hint she was curious about it. She was not going to try to whittle it out of him, and as if to ease his mind she said,"My mother use to tell me one about this wolf...that lived in the sea. She was suppose to be a guardian of those who got caught in the water or something. I just can't quite remember it." She hadn't spoken of it to anyone, and vaguely recalled the little details. "She told us, about some creator who lived in the heavens, watching over us. My lessons were short, and few."

"Aw, they were," she answered with a proud smile. She was sad to speak of them, but had already dwelled enough in her sorrow she was not extremely distraught these days. She rather keep respect for their memories, never forgetting who they were, nor what they'd done. The tips of ear ears pulled back, a stronger smile reaching up the side of her face at what he said. She would almost guess he was homesick, or missed someone...or maybe he'd never had someone to miss. The silvery wolf, she didn't feel it right to assume about Vafri, who he was or could be. What he had been through. Getting to know someone was a long process. Yet, wasn't it was so strange the small intimate things they were sharing, but still remaning strangers. She kinda liked it that way. It was better if someone didn't know the whole story, just listening, unware what else there was. She did not mind empathy, but some days she wanted to be looked at for who she was, not what had happened to her. He seemed to care, but he wasn't caught up in the sadness. He was aware it was old memories, things that were in the past, and should remain there. Coming up here had been the breath of fresh air she'd needed, and was quite pleasant for the tired Leader. She had liked to get to know others, and their whereabouts, and she had not been able too without it obvious she was in a bad sate.

"I have to remind myself of that sometimes. But it's true,"she responded, her eyes once again picking out the turquoise forest where her whole world remained. It was so fragile, and quite far all the way up here. Would it be easy to forget, pretend it didn't exist? She was to responsible to ever entertain such ideas pas the simple question. "I think I might have to go back down to realty. I'm not as invisible as I think," she laughed letting her smile reach her eyes knowing long escapes were never to be. Runaway would never make her happy. "It's been pleasant meeting you, in your kingdom of the sky," she said, trying to keep the conversation upbeat, offering to stay longer if there was something he might be wondering about. Whether it might be the lands of the Lore, or something else she could not fathom.
-I hope this makes sense, I'm on pain meds. :X-
(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2012, 05:02 PM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Igni who has 45 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vafri Seigaldr
Vafri's head cocked as she told her own story; his long ears cupped forward, and that pale glimmer came into his eyes that said interest, but Jayseyk's words were short and left much up to his imagination. He sat in silence for a moment, thinking about water and unlucky depths, before he shook his head. Such low heights were hardly fit for such things; if he retained anything of Mother's teachings it must be his love for heights, his reverence for the high-up winds screaming across the jagged ends of Earth's bones. He ought to share his own beliefs with someone, one day, but not now. Not here. Not her. It was the wrong time and he was, quite frankly, not up to the task of yet.

He was relatively quiet then, and thus a model of bad company and not particularly surprised when the other white wolf spoke of leaving him to mingle with her pack down-valley. He ought to understand, he thought, and blinked at her and then the wide world spreading out below. Wolves were not solitary creatures; he might have forgotten if not for the occasional interlude in which he spoke with strangers like her, but every time it got a little harder for the lanky male to pull away. He could run, he thought, and force himself into no-wolf country, but that thought hurt more and instead he merely sighed and pinned a cheeky grin to his short muzzle. "How responsible." He stood and shook himself then, little clouds of dust all puffing up from ragged fur. "I'll be up here still if you decide you like the high life better," Vafri said, something like mischief in his voice. "Or maybe not." He didn't wait for a good bye - not really - before he bounded up the slope, remembering, perhaps, that he'd been chasing light before this meeting started up. He did spare a momentary glance behind though, the momentary gleam of one dark eye over a shoulder, before leaving.

[ It was fine! :3 Thanks for putting up with me while I tried to figure this guy out, I quite enjoyed threading with you. ]
user posted image