(See All?) Announcements
370 Users Online
Bing, Google, Juniper, Atara, Oleander, Apollo

Not here, not now — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! @Kajika ( @Moonshadow welcome to join)

------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 277

Tagg was getting restless.  He hadn’t felt this way since Moon had gone missing.  This pit in his stomach almost weighed heavier than even then; he loved Moon with all his soul, yet Chan was his son.  There was something more desperate about the fear that he felt when he wondered about his son. He’d had some comfort in the knowledge that his mate at least knew how to fight and protect herself.  Chan hadn’t ever even been on a proper hunt, and the veteran had always put off teaching him to fight… now it might be too late.

It was time to go look for him.  He’d waited so long only in the hope that his boy could find his way back. He was almost a year old; Tagg wanted to give him a chance.  What if the boy had wandered off of his own accord to explore? If he had any sort of similarity to his father, he’d probably gotten lost.  Tagg could no longer hold himself back. He couldn’t bear the guilt if something happened to his beloved son.

He couldn’t just up and run, though.  Kajika’s threat still loomed in his mind, and even if he was out looking for his son he didn’t think that would release him from the promise if Moon was hurt by it.  He knew the leader had been doing more border patrols lately – he was just as worried about the missing pup as his father was. It didn’t take long for the tawny man to find his friend.  “Kajika, we need to talk.” He said as he trotted up to him, forgetting his manners in his haste.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Chan was missing, they'd had Intruders amd he hadn't seen hide nor hair of Lunette in a long time. It felt like he was spending more and more time on the borders or just past them looking for his godson, signs of Lunette or anyone trying to breach their borders again. He had to wonder if recent events were a indication of how the rest of the winter and spring would go. He didn't think he would get through another spring like the last one.

He took the borders slowly as it was the second time he'd done a patrol that day. He searched along sniffing here and there. Still he hadn't come up with anything and he was growing frustrated. His ears swing backward at the sound of approaching pawsteps and then a voice reached them.

Tagh had come to save him it seemed or rather he just wanted to talk and he had taken notice of the man forgetting his manners bit that hadn't ever been a concern of the alpha. “Yes, Tagg of course. What is it I can do for you today?” Setting told him this was about Chan, he'd already talked to Moonshadow so it would only follow that Tagg would want to talk to him too.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! @Moonshadow 

Word Count: 134

As always, Kajika was more than cordial. The veteran greeted his friend with a polite bump, but couldn’t manage any further warmth.  “It’s about Chan,” He started, getting directly to the point.  “He’s been gone for quite a while and I haven’t done anything yet in the hopes that he would be able to find his own way, but with winter still so heavily around us…” He paused, not sure where he was going with this or where he wanted to go with it.

“I can’t sit here and wait for him anymore.” He finally said.  “What if he’s lying in a ditch somewhere, freezing and unable to hunt? We never actually took him out, never gave him proper fighting lessons, never showed him how to find the best prey...” Tagg trailed off again.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The dark alpha bumped Tagg back in greeting before sitting back on his haunches to hear the man out. No time was wasted as the reason for this conversation was immediately brought to the forefront, Chan. There wasn't anytime for him to make a comment as Tagg went on to talk about his feelings on the matter of his son. Like Moonshadow he let the man talk and get it out. “I understand your concerns and I have them too. I wasn't doing anything either in hopes he would come back on his own but I'm getting more worried with each passing day,” he expressed hoping it might calm the father but he imagined Tagg was in the same state as his Oynx friend.

Kajika nodded at the man's words, he'd been on some level expecting this. He was glad for it if he were honest being alpha he couldn't be gone from the pack for long which meant his search efforts were hampered. “I would never expect you to sit here and do nothing. I have been searching past the borders but that is all I can do for now. You can go farther and be gone for longer but Tagg don't get lost this time.” Moonshadow would kill him if she knew he'd let Tagg go and the man didn't return.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! 

Word Count: 220

Though Tagg had gushed – as usual – Kajika kept his calm air.  There was a reason the darker man was the current alpha and not him.  He wasn’t sure he would be able to remain so steady if their places were reversed.  He now understood why the original monarchs had left their posts.  How could they bear to have all five of their children vanish like this?

Though the veteran had not explicitly said he was leaving to search for him, Kajika obviously knew what was on his mind.  He suggested it first, and relief coursed through the father.  He managed a single snort in ill humor at the joke, but couldn’t muster anything else. “You can bet your tail I won’t.  I’m going to find my son and bring him back. Although,” He paused again and glanced around, hoping none of their other packmates had crept up on them while they spoke.  “I may be gone a while.  I hope he’s close by, but in the even that Chan managed to wader a ways…” He didn’t want to think about having to be away from Moon for too long, as the dark woman had enough to worry about without both her family members being absent, but he had to acknowledge the possibility.  “I need you to take care of Moon.”

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

After what had happened the previous spring with Moonshadow Kajika could not fault the father for his actions. He imagined that of he were in the same position he would act exactly the same, maybe worse. It also helped that he was expecting Tagg to ask to go looking for Chan especially after speaking with Moonshadow. He'd promised her he would look for the boy and now with the three of them looking he hoped Chan would turn up.

The alpha was quick to remind his friend to not get lost, he wasn't sure Moonshadow could take it especially with Chan missing too. His ear flicked at Taggs snort, “Good, I don't want to have to send a search party for you too.” The truth was he didn't know if he could spare the wolves to go looking for Tagg with their numbers still small. Kajika nodded as it was suggested that Chan might not be as close to the cove as they would like. “If you're gone longer than a week try to make it back to check in just so we know your okay and still looking.” He knew that it was possible Tagg wouldn't be able to but it was best he knew that they would like it if he did. Then the tawny man had a request of him and one that he didn't need to be asked, “You know I will, always.” This would be hard on the oynx woman but he would be there looking after her as he always was.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! 

Word Count: 149

Even now, with both of them concerned, the alpha was trying to comfort his friend.  Unfortunately there was not much he could do to console the father.  Still, Tagg appreciated the effort.  He nodded with Kajika’s worries, but didn’t feel a need to address them.  They both knew the veteran would do his best to alleviate any worry.  “I’ll head out in the morning then.  I didn’t want to take off without telling you first.” He explained.

The tawny man smiled.  He was lucky to have someone he trusted to take care of his mate while he was gone.  He knew she could very well take care of herself, but he also knew she would worry so much all her fur might fall out if someone wasn’t there to help her calm down.  Kajika had always been a voice of reason and the couple had always valued his input.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika was not a father and while he hoped that he would be one day he also knew he could not imagine what Tagg was going through. He cared a lot about Chan but the fact of the matter was he was not the boy's father. He was however the tawny man's friend and alpha and he could support him as best he could as he had always done. The alpha nodded, “I appreciate you coming to me and letting me know your plans. I wish you well and hope that you will find him and bring him home where he belongs.”

As for Moonshadow, Kajika knew she would worry herself sick over both Tagg and Chan until they both returned safely. He hoped that he could at least ease her mind some when it all became too much for her. The last thing he wanted was for her to be so upset she did become sick with worry. He would keep a close eye on her so that he could be there when she needed him. He knew she would never voice what she was feeling until she couldn't hold it in any longer or he coaxed it out of her.

(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2018, 05:15 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! One more each then archive?

Word Count: 139

Tagg nodded once to his leader. “Thank you.  I will come home as soon as I can… Hopefully Chan is nearby and things will be easier than we think.” He doubted that would be the case; it never was.

As the veteran left his alpha’s side, he thought again about his parents.  He was strong enough to stand on his own, but was his son? He’d been older than the boy when his family had been killed. He’d been better prepared… sort of.  At least he knew how to hunt for himself, even if he had been recovering from losing his eye.  At least Chan had that; he knew his parents were alive.

As for his eye… well, if anything had hurt his child, he was going to rain fiery vengeance upon them like only a father could.

FADE

"Speech"  Thought

l