(See All?) Announcements
717 Users Online
Google, Nori, Finley

This little Light of Mine — Clearwater Tarn 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 260 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn

Ever since Lenae had brought her daughter into the world she hadn't left her den. Not for longer than a few moments at least, if only to relieve herself and gobble down the scraps of food the other's had left. She found her new routine surprisingly easy to slip into. Cuddling her little one was hardly a chore, her daughter provided a sense of comfort she hadn't experienced in what felt like...well, years. For some time Lenae had worried that she wasn't motherly, that there wouldn't be a bond between them, but much to her relief there was. Her love was eternal and endless, there was nothing on this planet she valued more than her little one. Everything else, even her own life and welfare, seemed irrelevant.

With a tired sigh, she pulled back her tail to reveal the sleepy greyish black bean that was nestled against her side. In her sleep the little bean's paws twitched and she squeaked- if her daughter wasn't the cutest thing on this earth then Lenae didn't know what or who was. It seemed impossible, nothing could be better than this.

Lenae's sleep-dulled gaze wandered to the mouth of her den. Though she couldn't see him Lenae knew Odin was out there, her ever vigilant guardian. The little bird-beyond all of her feelings of warmth and contentment- felt a little bad, guilty that he'd been out there for the past two days. She knew that if he didn't want to keep watch he wouldn't but....he hadn't yet seen the little bean had he? He was her Father, he had every right to meet his daughter but- Lenae curled a little tighter around the cub and for good measure pressed her nose against her daughter's small, if not chubby side.

What to do, what to do? On one paw, all she wanted was to keep her daughter safe and warm, to feed her, to help her grow till she was ready to take her first wobbly steps out into the wide world. But on the other she was only two days old....Lenae's maternal instincts ensured that her daughter's safety was her highest priority. They told her that everything, including Odin's feelings and wants, didn't matter in the grand scheme of things...Except they did to Lenae, because that's just who she was.

Softly, as to not wake her little one Lenae cleared her throat and called out. "Odin?"

There, she'd done it. That wasn't so bad, now was it?

(This post was last modified: May 12, 2018, 07:33 PM by Lenae.)
[Image: 1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbtdg8v.png]
[Image: cwt.png]

Played by becuffin who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
had a one way ticket to the place where all the demons go
Odin Archer

He didn't take it personally, his mother wasn't much of a one for guests when she had cubs to curl around either. Even Renier might have caught the sharp side of her teeth once or twice if he caught her dozing, so far from put out, Odin was content to wait, until the pup left the den if he had to. Even then if Lenae wanted him to leave the child alone he would, watching from afar. After all, it wasn't like there was a shortage of tasks for him to do, medicinal herbs to gather, borders to check, coyotes to chase. Urgh, The coyotes were the biggest concern of all for right now. In fact, perhaps he'd be better off heading back to the border for another pass? He turned his eye towards the sun, yeah, it was probably about time again.

It was just as he was about to push up that his name was gently called from the den. His tail thumped the ground in response, inching closer, craning his head to make out the shadowy form of Lenae, "I'm here!" He was speaking quietly, but his exhuberance at being acknowledged at all was clear, even in his whispered tones. "Do yer need me ter get you somethin'? Anythin' at all!" After all, she was very busy looking after the most precious bundle on the mountain, even if he did say so himself. Anything he could do to make things easier for her was still small in comparisson to her task.

(This post was last modified: Jun 24, 2018, 01:23 AM by Odin.)
[Image: sigodincheeb_by_becuffin-dahhpv8.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn

Lenae shook her head, even though Odin most likely couldn't see. Ah well, at least it was good to know that he was there, that he was still ready and willing to help out in anyway he could. She supposed she'd been worried that the novelty would wear off, that he'd be diligenta at first, only to get bored a little while later. Clearly she had been worried over nothing, she felt a little silly, almost guilty that she had doubted him when he'd given her his word.

"Uh...no, I'm fine. More importantly."We're fine. I just wondered if...you'd like to see her?"

The sense of hesitancy she'd just shooed away came rushing back, it flooded her senses and made her throat tighten. What if he didn't like her? Surely not, that seemed impossible, and yet she couldn't help but fear the worst. What if he decided it had all been an ugly mistake, one he wished he could undo? She squeezed her eyes closed as she tried to will those vicious thoughts away, she had been so good as of late, she had wondered if her worrisome side was gone for good. Apparently not.

Shuffling to the side a little, so Jenny wasn't so hidden Lenae pulled in a steadying breath. She could do this, she ought to do this!

"You can come in, it might be a bit small for you but..."

(This post was last modified: Jul 23, 2018, 08:04 PM by Lenae.)

Played by becuffin who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
had a one way ticket to the place

I wondered if you'd like to see her. The air left his lungs, equal parts of shock and awe. He had been prepared to wait until she was ready to toddle from the den, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't curious. Would she look like her mother or more like him? Would her eyes be open yet or would everything still be a blur for her? Would she know who he was straight away? His own memories from that time were a haze, and he supposed he had thought Craw was his dad for a time so maybe he'd have to help her figure it out when she was a bit more mobile?

But he hadn't answered Lenae's question yet. He finally breathed again, "Of course, if it's ok with yer. Jus' tell me ter get out if I make yer uncomfortable yeah?" His eye was adjusting to the dark and he waited to see confirmation in her gaze before inching forward on his elbows to crane his neck and catch a glimpse of the dark bundle of fur curled up against her flank. "Lenae, she's beautiful..." He whispered, wide smile and wider eye as he finally looked at his daughter for the first time.

[Image: sigodincheeb_by_becuffin-dahhpv8.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn
think you might have a tag open?

Lenae nodded, only to realise he might not be able to see. She cleared her throat, it felt all rough as she hadn't spoken no louder than a whisper in quite a while.

"I'm sure." She couldn't help but be surprised at how certain she sounded, maybe she was getting better at this acting malarky.

Scooting back a little, Lenae made room for Odin to enter the den as she unfurled herself to grant Odin a better view. At that point, her daughter was still just a dark, squirmy bean. But he was right, she was beautiful in her own way, Lenae couldn't help but adore her with everything she had and more. The process had been awful and uncomfortable but...it was in moments like this that she felt as though it was all worth it. Little did she know it wasn't going to be smooth sailing from here on out...

"She's strong." Lenae murmured, completely in awe. "Takes after you, I think. She squeaks a lot...I'm not sure what that means but...she seems happy."

It was so hard to tell if she was doing it right, or if there even was a right or a wrong way to nurse a pup.

(This post was last modified: Jul 26, 2018, 09:33 PM by Lenae.)