524 Users Online
Viorel, Bing, Google, Neva, Sophrosnia

Down the rabbit hole — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
@Adeltra

Snow had started fall when he had made his way out of the mountains to the forest below. It had made footing more of a problem but he had already been most of the way down by the time it started. Now it was coming down in thick flakes that floated slowly in the air. Solas didn't know if it would stop by the time he returned to the Cove but for now it was a pleasant sight to see it falling among the bowing trees. The mountains had their own rugged beauty but it didn't have anything like this as far as he could tell. He still preferred the mountains but that didn't mean he couldn't enjoy what was before him.

Solas continued to weave through the trees his dark form slipping around draping tree limbs. He might have to come here more often to investigate it more thoroughly because from what he was seeing there was a lot to explore. Of course, he would have to do this with all the areas around his home for today he would start here.

As he continued to move forward he thought he could detect the scent of wolves. Warily the stormy man lowered his head as he stared at the area in front of him. His eyes scanned the ground looking for tracks or anything that might tell him that the area he was in was claimed but he found nothing. Perhaps it was just some loners? But the more he moved forward the more the scent became stronger. So it wasn't loners it was a pack that had made their home here. How long had they been here without him knowing?

(This post was last modified: Jan 13, 2018, 05:50 PM by Solas. Edit Reason: coding )
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Hahahaha I'm so sorry I'm a turd and am just now getting to this. Maybe we can turn this into a demonstration thread for scouting? Seems like he's interested in getting to know the Ridge and Addy's interested in getting to know the Cove c:

The girl had certainly been keeping busy now that she’d told Ravenna that she wanted to be a scout. Her paws were always moving, always covering some sort of ground and she was glad for it. It kept her busy, kept her mind from wandering where it shouldn’t. She traversed outside the borders today, though still within the Drooping Willows. There wasn’t much sway to their limbs anymore, ice clinging to the branches and weighing them down. Still, they were coated in white from the snows making it look like they had become giant icicles. It was quite the magical sight, really, and one of the few good things about winter. She hated the cold but liked the views that the winter brought.

The scent of a male, a pack wolf she determined by the multiple scents entangled within his pelt, was passed along in the breeze and she paused, brows raising curiously. He wasn’t too close to their borders she wasn’t very worried, but if he was from a pack then shouldn’t she go ask some questions? Get to know it? After all, that’s what a scout did right? The Archer child headed in the direction of the scent, a woof escaping her jaws as he came into view. He was dark of pelt, though much lighter in most aspects than the Archers. And, of course, his stature was large. Why was everyone so big? It felt like everyone in these lands were giants to her.

[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
Sure we can ^^

He wasn't at the borders that he knew for sure but should he try and seek them out? Solas hesitated he didn't know what kind of pack this might be and he had seen what some of the more aggressive packs did to other wolves when he had been a loner. The stormy male didn't want to become just another buried body if he was even given that respect. His hesitation had given one of the pack wolves in question to approach him a woof announcing her presence.

His head turned so that he could watch her intently as she moved forward. She was young that much he could tell and he wondered just what she had in mind with approaching him. It didn't look like she had any bad intentions and a deep breath told him that there wasn't anyone else in the immediate area. She didn't say anything and Solas raised a brow. Just what did she want? Better to just ask instead of having a silent staring contest with her. Maybe he would be able to get some answers about the type of pack lived among the willows and if they might be a threat to the Cove.

What do you want? He questioned keeping his voice as neutral as his posture. He wanted knowledge of the area and the pack that lived here but what exactly did she want from him? The stormy male would simply have to wait and see what she said and figure out if she was lying or telling the truth.

(This post was last modified: Jan 31, 2018, 08:52 PM by Solas.)
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

It seemed like she’d approached one of the ‘silent types’. He didn’t return her greeting, only watched her movements to which she tried to be not so creeped out by. She didn’t worry, though, considering that they were close enough to the borders that she was sure any number of her family could be there in an instant if things went south. But, that was a worst case scenario that didn’t have any business in her mind before the event actually happened. Bad thoughts just tended to find their way into the open air somehow and she was determined to keep that from happening.

”What do you want” he said and she raised a brow. Well, that was a less than friendly greeting. Besides, he was close to their borders. Maybe not threatening close but still close enough for her to take notice. Surely, since he was part of a pack, he’d understand that? But she wasn’t going to use that as her reason, then she’d seem like some sort of ultra guardian type and that was the last thing she wanted to be seen as. I just noticed you nearby and figured I’d come say hello. You seem a little curious, can I help with somethin’? she asked.

Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart

She didn't respond immediately to his question. Instead, she raised a brow at him. Well, what did she expect? They didn't know each other and she hadn't said anything when she had announced herself. So the most obvious thing to do was figure out what she wanted with him. He hadn't done anything yet to make the pack here warry of him so why was she here? His internal questions were answered as she finally spoke.

It was his turn to raise a brow at her. She had seen him, had wanted to say hello, and that she wanted to see if she could help him with something? She was either a very nice wolf or she was really good at faking it but he couldn't see any reason for her to lie to him. If she actually wanted to help him out with his information gathering then this would go a lot faster.

I haven't been here before since I mostly stick to the mountains and I wanted to check the area out. He responded evenly. How many wolves from the Cove came down the mountain? As far as he knew hardly anyone so what were the chances of her knowing anything about the Cove was slim. So if want to help out you can start by telling me where the heck I am and what the name for the pack your in is called. That was the start of his questions but certainly not the end but first, he decided that he would have to give her something as well. Why? Maybe so that she would feel less inclined to try and fake something.

I'm Solas of Fallen Tree Cove.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Scouting dem 1/3

His tone was a little cruel and irked her a tad. He did realize that he was still mighty close to the Ridge didn’t he? Though they marked only a portion of the Willows as their own by scent they still patrolled most of the Drooping Willows to ensure they didn’t miss any threats that might be lurking. She wouldn’t just go waltzing up the mountain and not expect to be met by one of his pack members. She knew he had them, they clung heavily to his pelt. She didn’t know how many, she just knew there were more. But, until he insulted her or her pack she decided she wouldn’t pay too much attention to it.

He offered an olive branch, something that wasn’t needed but definitely appreciated. Now they were getting places. Well, first off it’s nice to meet you Solas, she began, offering a bright smile. Secondly, you’re in the Drooping Willows. My pack’s Willow Ridge, we occupy a part of it. Been here for a real long time, almost 6 years if I remember correctly, she informed, chest puffing a little in pride. How’s Fallen Tree Cove? she inquired.

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2018, 06:05 PM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart

Maybe the way he had phrased the question wasn't the politest way but he was in a new area and though he knew how to return home he really had no idea where he was. Plus there was always a chance that she was going to call the pack down on him and he had no idea how close they might be. For all, he knew they were a stone's throw away. So maybe it wasn't the best thing for him to act o gruff but he couldn't change it now.

She gave a rather large smile at him and he blinked at her as she went on to tell him it was a pleasure to meet him. Then she went on to to tell him the answers to his questions. Willow Ridge. He hadn't heard of it but then he hadn't come down here before and when he talked with the others it wasn't about packs in the area. She added with obvious pride that they had been here for about six years.

Six years? He parroted unable to keep the shocked surprise out of his voice. Solas hadn't heard of a pack lasting that long and certainly not in the same place. Something always happened that seemed to disband them. You guys must have some pretty good leaders then. He added shaking his head to get the surprised expression off his face.

How was the Cove? Solas considered the question. A couple months back we had a rough patch. He began slowly thinking back. We had a lot of our members leave but we held through and now we're starting to grow again. Solas figured it was okay to tell her that. The deserters themselves wouldn't have any reservations about speaking up so at least he could tell her that they were getting bigger again. He was just glad that the rough spell hadn't lasted. The Cove might not have made if it had.

Scout 1/3
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Scouting dem 2/3 post 8/12

Addy grinned with pride when he seemed surprised by the longevity of the Ridge. If she were a human, she’d probably be inspecting her nails in a way that said it was ‘no big deal’ but it was really a big deal. She had every reason to be proud of her pack and her lineage and the girl held her name with great esteem. They were warriors, law upholders, but most of all they were survivors. The world could try to knock them down, but a true Archer always managed to find their way to their feet once more. With the legacy of the two names she held on her shoulders, Elettra and Adele, the young Archer felt an even greater need to try her best to see her pack thrive.

She listened quietly as he responded to her question, nodding in understanding as he mentioned that they’d hit a rough patch. The Ridge was still in some sort of a rough patch with their members, or rather lack thereof. They had enough that they were holding on, but that didn’t leave them feeling good about it. Yeah, we’ve gone through the same thing. Kinda still are. As far as I know it’s somethin’ that all packs do. Win some and lose some. Just gotta keep going, appreciate the ones that’re still around, she replied. And she did, appreciate those that were around that was. Of course it made it easier that those that were around were her family, but it also made it hard when those that left were family too.

You like it there? Can’t be easy living on the top of a mountain. Bet your feet get sore a lot, she asked with a small laugh at the end.

(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2018, 06:24 PM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart

She didn't interrupt him as he spoke telling her about the rough patch. He didn't go into details because he didn't exactly know them himself. They had left without a word and as far as he knew there was no rhyme or reason to it. It didn't change the bitter taste in his mouth but he had been thinking about leaving as well so he couldn't speak too harshly against them. The pack had been unstable and for the duration, it had made him rather tense. After things calmed it got better. New members joined and they were as stable as he could remember.

Adeltra nodded her head in agreement as she explained that their pack was going through a similar situation at the moment. A frown crossed pulled at his lips. If a pack that had been around for six years was having a rough patch did that mean that they might not be around much longer? Guess it all depended on how bad their rough patch was and how long it lasted. The longer the worse for wear they would be. Maybe he would have to come back and check on them in a month or so to see if they survived it. You do need to appreciate the ones that remain but what of the ones that leave and then try and come back? He asked honestly curious as to her answer. None of the Cove wolves had come crawling back yet unless he counted as one, but what did the Willows do with them? Accept them back? Turn them away?

Solas laughed as she asked if he liked it up in the mountains and if his paws ever got sore. Yes I like it up in the mountains. The views are spectacular and the terrain is challenging in a good way. It keeps you fit and it tests your sense of balance. He told her shaking his head in amusement before he sat down and lifted one of his paws for her inspection. Your paws are sore more often than not until you build up some calluses and then it doesn't hurt as much or rather at all.

Scout 2/3
Post 9/12
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Scout dem 3/3 post 10/12

His question surprised her and her brows pinched in thought. Well, I guess it depends on who they are and what they did. Take me for example. I got lost at the end of last summer and was gone for a couple months. Caused everyone a bunch of grief until I found someone who knew where the Willows were and they took me back. Kinda got accepted with open paws, since I’m a pup. But if someone else got lost, or got taken, then I suppose you’d give ‘em a second chance. Maybe keep an eye on ‘em or something, make sure they aren’t doing anything fishy. But if someone betrayed you or wasn’t pulling their weight to begin with, no buts about it you gotta give ‘em the boot. Can’t be too lenient ‘cause then everyone will walk all over you, but if you’re too hard then everyone’ll leave, she said, nodding her head as if solidifying her thoughts. What about you, watcha think about that? she questioned back.

Next he went to talk about how the mountain was beautiful and challenging. She supposed she could see that. Especially the challenging bit. Just thinking about it made her wonder if all these Cove wolves were part mountain goat or something. He sat down and outstretched his paw to allow her to examine it and she inched forward, ducking at looking up at his calluses. Her honeyed gaze widened in surprise, her nose sticking out to give it a rub. Wow, they were super hard! Nothing like her paws, which while used a lot were nowhere near as tough. Sure they gained a little callus to help against the cold winter, but still. Mountain wolves sure were tough. Wow, I bet that took a while. You been with your pack very long? she asked. He hadn’t expressly stated how long the Cove had been around for, so perhaps he had been born into it like she had been?