(See All?) Announcements
716 Users Online
Google, Bing

wHo — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 9 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Anwen Amdir

He wasn't taking to her girlish goading. Hadn't his mother ever told him that girls tended to pick on boys they liked? Anwen might not have met a lot of age-mates since her departure from the Wolvyn Woods in the east, but it was easy for her to decide that this strange boy was someone she wanted to know better. What was more was that she wanted to take him up on his offer, most especially since it seemed that he had never seen the things she had mentioned. He moved to stand up and the girl's gaze followed him as he withdrew from her.

"Tell you what," he proposed, "meet me here a few evenings from now. You can show me some of those things then."

Anwen's tail wagged and she smiled as she nodded. "We'll meet here." She all but beamed at him, "and I promise I won't come close to trespassing next time." Her eyes searched his posture and face for a confirmation; it seemed as if he was antsy to leave. Before he could answer or even make an exit, though, she wanted to know something first, "You haven't told me your name. How will I look for you if it's not you I meet at your borders?"

(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2018, 10:02 PM by Anwen.)
[Image: q2SKj2Z.png]
Played by Grey who has 46 posts.
Inactive III. Yearling
Chimera "Kasai" Avalon
Anwen had agreed. His chest puffed up, feeling accomplished to some degree. It was a date - not a date-date, but it was something - and Chimera was going to see through to it. Maybe next time around he could figure out for himself if he liked Anwen's company or not. Though, so far, so good. She even said she wouldn't "trespass;" well, what Chimera got from this was that she "wouldn't just come sneaking around the borders" the next time he saw her. That was fine.

He was about ready to leave her behind when she spoke again, "You haven't told me your name." Internally, he cringed. Knowing her name alone had been enough for him, but not enough for her. They would see each other again... they just both verbally said so! "How will I look for you if it's not you I meet at your borders?" There she was, tripping him up one last time. She had a good point there and he had to give it to her.

For one reason or another, he hesitated. He had two names (three, if you included his "Red Hound" alias, but mostly didn't count). Gale usually went by Gale and not Griffin, and Sphinx went by Sphinx and not Silva. His ears twitched, remaining forward in curiosity but wanting so much to fall back in embarrassment. He probably should have told her before he got up. "I'm Chimera." He smiled at her as best as he could without seeming too eager. "And I'll see you soon!"

Without even another moment to lose, he turned about and started walking, forging a new path all his own through the snow-covered Fields until the withered bunches of it hid him completely from view. Like The Black Cat, he had found something of a companion in Anwen, but first he would have to spend the next few nights attempting to stay up past nightfall. He wanted to see all the things she had told him about.

(Fade.)
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2018, 11:12 PM by Chimera.)
[Image: E1D7USP.png]
we can be blue as a neon light, singing them sad love songs all night
Niles is currently traveling with Chimera and may hop into this IC thread!
Played by Grey who has 9 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Anwen Amdir

"I'm Chimera," he lent and that was it apart from him saying that he would see her soon. For Anwen, 'soon' was not soon enough. A part of her had hoped he might have extended an invitation to go back to his family with him. It was clear that he had belonged to someone, that he was loved and surrounded by those who probably minded his whereabouts. Why else would he have been groomed and bright and maybe a little keen to get back home?

She watched after him as he strode away, her eyes trailing his path until he no longer saw him in plain sight. Still sitting in her spot, she let out a small sigh. She supposed it would be wise to stick around the area and get to know it a bit more. The next time she saw Chimera, she was going to ask him about his family and what laid just beyond the borders he was keeping. If it was too late to go home and much too far to travel back, she was determined to stay.

After one last look at where the boy had left tracks in the snow, she lifted her eyes to the darkening sky. The moon would be out soon and a part of her hoped that he would at least catch one glimpse of it before he went to sleep that night.

(Fade.)

[Image: q2SKj2Z.png]