(See All?) Announcements
371 Users Online
Juniper, Bing, Google, Apollo

Feeling down? Look around! — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 86 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok
(Perhaps for @Garmir ? Anyone welcomed )

The large near yearling pup laid within the woods, chin rested on her paws. She was hungry, tired, and weak, but most of all lonely. This was the longest the girl had ever been away from her twin and the child felt it was close to unbearable. The Hervok didn't much like the idea of giving in and finding her old pack, but such crossed her mind daily. Now she was simply a lone wolf wondering these lands in hopes of finding something that might not even exist! For all she knew she was just a bastard baby! Nia sniffled, no...no...she couldn't be. Nia was a princess and her parents had deeply loved each other. Danica had just been sick, that was all. Nia Hervok was the one true rightful heir of Secret Woodlands...she would prevail! Wouldn't she? Frowning the child drew herself in tightly, tucking her tail and chin into thick fur. She laid there a ball of fluff only somewhat blending into the snow, she wasn't pure white after all. Emerald orbs slowly closed, no she was not ready to admit defeat, but she could no longer fight subcoming to sleep. Her paws were cold and bloody from her travels, her mind and body weary. These lands had proved challenging to the girl. As she had not wished to walk the mountain, the Hervok had dared Riddle Heights, finding her way across. From there she had traveled through willow trees and carefully over a frozen creek. Her journey had been long and she had found herself in going in circles at times. Perhaps she was closer now...perhaps farther...
[Image: Nia.png]
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: @Fiagira mentioned. ^^)
Scout demostration?

The earthen male had been hunting in near premises of his pack territory - this time not for himself but for the pack, trying to do what little he could to carry his own weight in Charred Ash Draw. Small game was his forte and true enough - a year old dead hare hung from his jaws after another succesful hunt. He had recovered well from his near starvation and then fight with Anaeia, the earthen male now filled with life and determination to keep running and moving, keep hunting and guarding, just doing something - anything but to remain idle and wait.

As long as he had tasks to complete, borders to patrol and wolves to spy on, he could keep his thoughts away from his dark, uncomfortable past. He still wasn't sure had he actually succeeded in killing his friend. Anaeia had been injured in their fight far worse than he and even when he failed to deliver killing blow... there was so much blood. In a way, Garmir was still running from her, running out of guilt - afraid to go and find her to determine wether she still lived or not. Finding her dead by injuries he gave her would be the worst nightmare he could imagine.

He was nearing the border when he noticed something with the corner of his eye. There was odd... block in the snow and as Garmir trained his eyes on it, he noticed a trail printed in the white cold ground. A bit of vapor told him this block was indeed alive, wolf to be specific - white in her color enough to blend well into the landscape. Usually he noticed anyone's presence quicker, but wind had not been on his favor and she did not seem to move much. Was she sleeping perhaps? Garmir bit down to the dead hare bit harder as he pondered what to do. She wasn't trespassing, but the pack territory was not that far away either. He looked around into the landscape to see if there might be more individuals than her - and after determining that she was quite possibly alone - he begin to approach...

Garmir stood respectable distance away from her, his tail rising slightly to be at the same level with his spine while he lowered his head, his poison green eyes peering into her. The hare still hung from his jaws and muffled his voice somewhat as he called the other wolf; "Any news from dream world?"
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2018, 12:25 AM by Garmir.)
[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok
Nia was back within a familiar den, snuggled into a ball between her brother's legs. Emerald orbs watching him sleep as she rested her chin softly on his broad shoulders. To say the giant was not attractive would be a lie, but the feelings that the girl harbored were forbidden. Neo was her twin. Nia sighed softly, nuzzling into his thick fur as she deeply breathed in his scent. He could never know of her feelings towards him in fear of shame. The girl was sure her feelings would fade into regular sibling-like emotions as the two aged. Perhaps it was merely her mistaking their closeness and protectiveness of one another for something different. They were only pups. Maybe not enough interaction with other wolves had caused all of it. The two were somewhat self absorbed with each other after all and enjoyed solitary moments between one another. Nia was hardly without her brother, almost always standing beside him. The girl lifted her head to plant a loving kiss of his cheek, "Neo it's morning, lets go hunt." Her voice offered the suggestion gently.

The voice awoke the girl, "Neo?" She questioned, eyes blurry with sleep. As the pup's vision cleared and she became less groggy the girl apologized, "I'm sorry sir and, no, no news."
She forced a laugh and smile. Her tail slowly thumped behind her. "It's freezing! Do you know anywhere warm I can go?" *Preferably with food* The girl thought, fighting her eyes away from the swinging rabbit, her hunger betrayed by a loud grumble resonating from her abdomen. The girl rose to her feet gushing with embarrassment, surely if human her cheeks would shine rosy red. "My apologies." She said before blurting out, "I just haven't ate in awhile! I haven't had someone to hunt with so I can't get food. Daddy says I've really got to improve my hunting skills so I don't have to bother others constantly." The pup was a rambler, words coming out of her mouth so fast he'd be lucky to fully understand her blabbering.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Scout demostration?

The young female proved to be more talkitive than what Garmir had even hoped, laying all sorts of information before him even without him having to ask questions. The earthen male hummed as he considered her words.... and more words as she kept talking without giving him even opportunity cut inbetween. He raised his brow slightly, looking at her with a bemused look on his face while his tail softly swayed behind him. So far what he had already learned from her was;

She had a family member, friend or perhaps mate called Neo. Neo was absent at this moment, but could be nearby? Garmir's ears turned slightly to the sides to provide him wider range, to silently listen around him in case there was second wolf in proximity. She apologized plenty, two times already and addressed him as 'sir'. She was submissive by nature perhaps? He could propably press her for more information easily. She was hungry and incapable of hunting alone. This meant she had to have some kind of support relatively near. Perhaps she was from one of the nearby packs? Garmir felt slightest of pity towards her, seeing her hunger, but his pity did not extend so far as to just hand out food to stranger in exhange of nothing. If Nia wanted even a piece of this rabbit, she had to offer something to him.

"Alright, alright - no need to apologize." -Garmir begin, adopting as friendly character as he could muster. His tail kept waving the slightest and he smiled through his bite, his own eyes briefly looking down at the hare in his jaws, knowing she wanted it. Had he been mean, he would have teased her, but he gained no satisfaction from such. He begin answering to her words, starting from her question; "Well.. My pack is not very far from here but I'm not sure would I be allowed to bring you there. I am not exactly of higher rank. There is however... old den not very far from here. I used it for shelter myself during my early adventures in here."

Garmir came little closer, even if he did not directly approach her. He lowered his head towards the ground, so that the rabbit's limp legs touched the snowy surface. He then looked at her with a corner of his eye and smiled the slightest. "I agree with your father. Wolf of your age should by know be able to hunt least very basic prey. Like these little hoppers for once. Old ones might actually be hard to catch, they have survived this far, but the yearlings - like this poor fella are easier to catch." -he explained, while 'walking' the dead rabbit on the ground like it was some doll. "Hares tend to make tight turns when you are getting closer so you gotta watch for that. Like this. WOoosh WOoosh!" -He explained while turning and swinging the rabbit from side to another, seemingly portraying tight turns and leaps.

Garmir straightened up as he noticed he himself got bit carried out. He had questions to ask her and depending on how she replied, she might earn herself a bite or two. "Who is Neo? Your father? If you can't hunt yet, that has to mean your pack is somewhere closeby?" -he questioned, while trying to keep his tone friendly enough just to give pretence of genuine interest. In truth he was simply trying get information from her to benefit Charred Ash Draw
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2018, 12:30 AM by Garmir.)

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok
(Too Cute!-well in it's own way, lol)

The male explained to her that there was no need to apologize, hurtling the girl into a string of excuses, "Oh, force of habit. A lady should apologize, especially for indecentness like a grumbling belly. Anyways, a Princess shouldn't even be making such noises. Suppose I can't help it this time though, but it's still rude!" She listened to him talk, at first frowning then smiling big. "I'd be very grateful of the old den, I have little interest in just any pack right now. I'm trying to find my grandmother's pack, maybe yours would be it, that would be delightful!" She giggled before continuing, "Why doesn't your pack like you much? Mine got annoyed with me...so I'm going to find my Grandma." The tall pup spoke as if it was going to be an easy walk in the park. Finding someone to talk to had already brought her spirits up, and the near-yearling was sure she was close. There was no stopping her, she had this!

Nia's tail wagged harder at his demonstration, it was rather intriguing! "Are you a teacher? She asked in excitement as the "rag doll" rabbit was moved about at the male's whims. "So, if they're unpredictable and turn a lot how do you catch them? Even the younger ones? And why aren't the old ones slower?" The girl laid out multiple questions for Garmir without hesitation and cared not to adding another, "How did you get yours and how do I get one? My dad would like you! Since you agree with him and all." She nodded knowingly.

She smiled at Garmir, "Sir you sure do ask a lot of questions for an adult!" The carefree child said, before her emerald eyes went wide. "Op, I didn't mean to be rude, I'm sorry....oh hey, did I introduce myself yet?" Her grin widened, "I'm Princess Nia Hervok!"The girl did a small wolf-like curtsy of sorts before blurting out answers to his questions, "Well, Neo is my brother and he staid with the pack I believe. We're twins...ooh, do you have a twin too?"The naïve little wolf blabbered on and on, not once curious to the stranger's noisiness. Perhaps if she were old and wiser she wouldn't have been such an easy card to play. She was simply oh so trusting.
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2018, 04:24 AM by Nia.)
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
Garmir had no idea he had been dealing with royalty - or least so she claimed. Truth be told, now he was little bit inriqued by her, listening closely her to explain herself, then ask question and more questions. The earthen male tried to pay attention, his ears now turning on her as she had his sole focus. He lifted his head again from the ground and stood tall, proud even. For what he could gather based on her description, Garmir could easily see her having been raised softly, with little hardship thrown at her way. She was unable to hunt even at this age. Further, she was.. perhaps not stupid - but inexperienced, too trusting. Had Garmir been more evil than what he was, he could have seen himself easily exploiting her for more than just information.. what a poor girl.

He kept his face the same it had been, maintaining friendly posture and trying to give her impression he was interested in helping her. First he had to go through the growing list of questions she was throwing at him, though he skipped some "What pack is it you are seeking for? I hail from Charred Ash Draw, led by Kerberos and Treyah. My name is Garmir and I am pleased to meet you... Princess" -Garmir said while moving over to her side, in process tossing the Rabbit into air and then catching it again with his jaws. Show off.

"My pack does not dislike me in particular. I am just new member to it - and no.. I certainly am not a teacher.. but had I time I could teach you." -He added. Oh, only if he had time he could teach her. Good thing he did not have any. He tossed the Rabbit again into air, once more catching it with his jaws while making a half circle around her. "Old one's have survived chases. They know the tricks. Young ones just panic and run run run." -He explained while again lowering his head closer to the ground to demostrate rabbit mechanics. "It's simple really. Hares have less mass, so it is easier for them to change direction quickly. We wolves are heavier so just turning to your right or left at full speed in blink of an eye is not a feat we can manage. They only turn when you are almost upon them, otherwise they are cutting distance for you..." -Garmir explained while playing with the dead rabbit, making it do hops and what not. "Three things are needed to succeed. Good reaction time, reach and ability to predict. Much of this comes with practice... and skill" -he added, a smug grin forming on his face.

Garmir tossed hare into the air again but when it came time to catch the thing... the hare corpse did not land into his jaws. He blinked, confused, only to notice the thing had got stuck on a tree branch, hanging there from its foot. Impressive although he did not mean for that to happen. "...Like I said.. skill." -he murmured while looking up at the food that was now hanging from tree branch.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok
(Sorry, random muse issues with this thread.)

The butterfly princess was occupied by the man, eyes full of delight as he spoke and preformed tricks. She was like a mesmerized child at a magic show. Hmmm, wrong pack. I'm looking for Secret Woodlands, know anything of them? They're the only family I have now..." Her voice trailed off, mind traveling back to her brother's side briefly. Why had he not come with her? Even if father said not to...He was her other half. How could he? Swallowing her negative emotions the amused pup turned her focus back onto @Garmir. @Noe was a memory for another time....but perhaps he followed? He had to of. She couldn't loose hope in him.

"Thank you, it's lovely to meet you too Garmir!" She exclaimed to the no longer nameless stranger. Well, was he a stranger now? She knew his name, his pack's name, his alpha's name...Acquaintance. He was an Acquaintance. A seemingly nice one too! The young girl's lips drew back, an ear to ear grin forming as the man launched into what seemed like a lesson to her and involved all sorts of fascinating tricks.

"Your pack will love you once they know you better! Wow you're really cool, a great hunter I presume? Oh, and you could be a teacher too if you wanted!" She yipped yapped all too excitedly. {b}"I wanna have your skills! I wanna be able to do all that and catch a meal without Neo. Oh, that would be cool! Then I bet momma would be proud from above and oh that would be wonderful. Thanks for all the information...how long did it take you to learn? I wanna do that especially!" She looked up toward the rabbit with it's foot caught perfectly in the tree.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
This female certainly had manners and optimism and Garmir almost felt sorry for how... naive she felt. Curiously, she was looking for Secret Woodlands, a pack Garmir himself had once tried to join before being rejected. It was before the harsh winter had begin, but he propably still knew the direction and how to reach the pack territory - the earthen male completely oblivious for the fact that the said pack no longer existed. Should he tell her? Supposedly there was no real harm doing so and it was good to be someone whom others owed favors. "Secret Woodlands you say? Well, princess. You are in luck for I have been there." -he mentioned almost casually while looking up at the rabbit he had managed to get stuck in one of the tree branches.

"I'm sufficient enough. Hunting was one of the first things that was taught to me" -He murmured in explanation to one of her questions while trying to reach the hare. It was just out of his jaws reach but if he bounced up, he could propably get hold of it again. He lifted himself up onto his hind legs and reached up, catching the bunny by its ears and then bringing it down loose again, sadly shaking the branches enough to bring down also avalance of snow upon the two.

Garmir stood there at the downpour of snow, his typically brown and grey coat now almost as white as Nia's own. He had not seen that coming - although he should have. He mostly humbly apologized for the princess. "My deepest apologies! Certainly did not mean for that to happen.." -even though it was quite funny, Garmir barely able to hold back smirk.
(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2018, 12:29 AM by Garmir.)

Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok

Nia Hervok
Side by side or miles apart

The girl's already excited self went from 0 to 100 just like that, the pup seemingly ready to burst at the seams. She was beyond ecstatic and found herself speechless with joy. Well, almost speechless. Oh my gosh?! Really! Oh please tell me where!"If her tail was not wagging fast enough before, it was surely ready to fly off now from mere speed. She was suddenly overhwlemed with all the endless possibilities flooding her mind. She was so close to home! The girl was sure she would be there before long now, considering this fellow knew of them!

The girl was too excitedly distracted to nearly note anything after that. Her hungry, loneliness, shelter, all of her issues were going to be solved. She would meet her grandmother! Be groomed for leadership properly! Everything was going to fit together like a perfect puzzle. Her manners were lost as the girl's mind pulled her from reality.

The buz of excitement was ended with an assault of snow, causing the girl to laugh loudly."Oh well,"she teased her tone playful. "Worse could happen!"She said cheerily.

"Talking"

Tags: @Garmir

OOC:

(This post was last modified: Feb 20, 2018, 06:09 AM by Nia.)