(See All?) Announcements
346 Users Online
Google, Bing, Eros, Nadine, Apollo

no alibi — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha (Inactive) who has 328 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
'cause darling you're nothing but brave

Lilya had dedicated time to learning the ins and outs of the surge, going as far as to look for ideal places for a potential birthing den. She was getting ahead of herself, for there was no guarantee she’d conceive that year, but the hope and excitement bubbled in her. Unlike last year, both her and Lachesis would know exactly what they were doing and how their actions would come to fruition… she remembered not even realizing that there was life inside her until he told her after the attack by the evil wolf, Mittani… that would not happen last year, even if she had to stay hidden away within the confines of the Surge.

Another thing that Lilya was trying to make an effort on was getting to know the other wolves of the Surge. She knew some of them quite well, like Aytigin, but others remained almost a complete mystery… like the white dove, Anastasia, who had made her home in the River quite a long time ago. Her understanding from what she’d heard was that she had been very close to her husband in years past, and even now with her return to the pack. Lilya wanted to get to know her better, to better understand Lachesis himself and to see how the blue eyed dove was doing. She was like family now.

She’d also heard quite a bit from Lavender about the woman… In truth she felt guilty for not finding the time to talk with her privately sooner. It had been one of her shortcomings in the Hearthwood that she was set on fixing now. That was the reason she was seeking to find her now.

Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Unfortunately, she had kept her distance from the majority of the pack but not for any negative, ill-conspiring reasons. The only thing she had to go on was blaming herself for avoiding anyone that could potentially get close to her and see how hurt she was. How alien she felt in a sea full of strangers, yet she knew the answer to that all along. Ever since she was a child, the answer had always been right there at the forefront of her mind and yet the rogue life had left her with a sense of loneliness no matter where she was at.

After always being a social butterfly, being a rogue had been engrained into her after leaving and once she had seen the progress that others had made without her, it was easy to feel misplaced. However, Lavender had changed most of that for her. That small spritely child had given Anastasia some fair amount of light in an otherwise drab world. A place that Anastasia wanted to try working in rather than avoiding. It was through XIX's children that she wanted to have some faith.

So when the pale china doll moved along their new home and coincidentally could sense the presence of one particular individual, Anastasia couldn't help but second-guess herself. Lilya was one piece of this particular puzzle that Ana wanted to avoid but also connect with. It was an ongoing battle that was rather brutal because she had felt a certain way about her now mate. A way that she couldn't express any further. The best progress there was was that Ana didn't immediately flee and hide her scent, but she didn't run towards the woman either.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

Lilya knew that Lachesis had a long history of having his heart broken… of feeling the pain of others leaving him and that the woman she had been seeking out just moments before had been one of them. Lachesis had always spoken fondly of his travelling companion, and while Lilya could not help but feel a sense of protective jealousy, she also knew better than to let it show. She trusted her husband, and that was that. ’Ello. She greeted softly with her earthy toned voice as she caught sight of the alabaster fur she identified with one Anastasia Starklen.

How could she not want to get to know the woman? Lach had chosen his last name off of hers… a name her children held. A name she herself might hold, though it was something that neither of the pair had ever directly talked about… it was just something that in the chaos that their lives had been this past year, had never come up. The curiosity was too much for her. It’s Anastasia, right? She held her signature kind smile, keeping her composure relaxed. M’names Lilya… Ah’ve heard a lot about ya. She felt the need to introduce herself even though it was likely the dove already knew who she was… it just felt more… personal…? Yes, more personal that way, like two strangers meeting instead of two women who had fallen for the same incredible man.

[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

There seemed to be a hell of a lot riding on this individual moment even if it was all unspoken. While her innermost feelings for XIX had never really come to fruition, their closeness could be said to cause uncomfortable feelings if someone wasn't sound and confident in their partner. Lachesis, however, would never do anything against those that he loved and Ana knew that he was rather smitten with his wife. However, that still didn't mean that Anastasia didn't in some, fictitous way, prove a threat. Never would she get a chance to admit that she had once been rather smitten with the ghostly leader as the chance had flown the coop and now she had to search for the next big event. It shouldn't be too difficult, right?

Hello, she responds back with just as much friendliness as Lilya had but already Ana could feel the subtle pressure of best friend meeting wife. Or, childhood best friend meeting bestfriend/wife - she wasn't really sure she still held that lead position as best friend anymore. Anastasia knew she was still valued the same but she wasn't about to fight someone for the position if it had been taken.

With a hard swallow, the dove nodded her head. Mhm, she answers gracefully with her tail waving behind her for she meant no harm and surely just wanted to make a good impression on the woman who would further have opinion on Anastasia's future in the Driftwood. Yes, I've heard a bit about you, too. There was an itch to express that her daughter, Lavender, was a wonderful little girl but best to simply test what was happening first before she opened her fat mouth.

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
@Anastasia - I'm so sorry I swear I thought I posted this but my internet must have done something weird

Okay, so Anastasia was now outwardly upset with her presence… that was good. Progress? She had to admit that she was nervous about this meeting. How could she not be? This is someone who knew her husband for most of his life… someone Lachesis had cared about very much, and still cared about, though in a different way. Ana was his best friend, and someone that Lilya wanted desperately to get along with. Lilya’s soft smile grew gently when the woman said she’d heard a bit about her too. M’sorry it took me so long ta finally meet ya… m’daughters ‘ave been keepin’ me busy. Making sure that Lilliana stayed close by in particular.

That rap superstar sure liked to spread her paws. Usually she tried to keep herself familiar with everyone in the pack, particularly after she stepped up as leader back in the Hearthwood, first when Kisla went to visit family and then after Kisla’s unfortunate passing. How ‘ave ya been settlin’ in on th’new territory? Was it weird she found herself insecure about even her accent. She was almost worried every part of her was going to be judged… she shouldn’t be so paranoid, right?

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
@Lilya all good love!

It would have taken a lot for Anastasia to be upset with anyone's precense. Ever since she was a little girl she had welcomed most anyone into her life with open arms even if they looked like the devil. She believed the best in others and sure it got her into trouble pretty often but it also led her to some pretty good friends. It's okay, she seemed to be either apologizing or telling others not to apologize quite a lot lately. I kept to myself a lot, though she was a little hesitant to give a reason as to why but surely Lachesis had expressed that Anastasia had a not-so funny habit of wandering off when it got tough.

As far as the new territory went, Anastasia was glad that they had moved. Obviously she would not have suggested it to anyone for her own selfish sake, but having a new territory felt a lot like a fresh start to her. A place that she could actually start to thrive in rather than to start somewhere when others had already done the marathon, yknow?

Also, Anastasia wasn't all that familiar with accents so the foreign one that Ana was hearing was quite new. Something that she could understand well enough but it took a second to really digest all the words being given. At least she ennunciated well enough that Anastasia didn't feel like she was listening to someone speak another language.

How do the girls like it so far? As the pale dove could imagine that coming to a new place could either be quite scary and unsettling or it could be satisfying to have a new place to explore.

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

Regardless of what Ana’s reputation may or may not have been, Lilya had no right to just those who ran off and returned home… at least they’d returned whereas she’d never looked back towards her home. It wouldn’t have mattered, no one would have survived the onslaught anyway… at least no one who would be even remotely interested in seeing her alive. Besides, she’d been able to start over, even found love of all things… a concept that had been so foreign to her for most of her life, that there was something else besides the love of a parent to a child… her parents had been colder.

The question about the girls came and the mother couldn’t help but grin with pride. She was proud of the life she had created, no matter how unconventional it had been at the time. Ah think th’move was good fer them… Lilliana’s always ‘ad wanderin’ paws… but it’s Lav who came outta her shell more with th’move Ah reckon… She explained, not fighting the adoration she harbored for her family. Back when she was a lil’ younger, she practically refused ta leave th’den unless Lach or I nudged ‘er out… ‘fraid of the outside world. She still had her quirks, of course… they all did, but it wasn’t that much of an issue anymore.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

The original home - or the place that was supposed to be home - would never be considered as such. Not anymore, not after what had transpired in her last few months there. Anastasia, having lived in the Lore long enough to see her value in the real world, would never go back to a place that would go so far as demean her as an individual. Lachesis had been the one to give her faith and companionship where she had thought so little of men for a time.

While she had been festered with flirty emotions for as long as she had known her green-eyed friend, it wasn't until she disappeared that she realized just how much that meant to her. So when Lachesis had first mentioned - or when Ana had first found out about any of Lach's love interests - she had found herself falling to the wayside as she was unable to do much of anything. Now, she had decided to simply go with it.

While she didn't entirely realize the connection just yet, it was Lavender who had forced Anastasia to feel more comfortable about pack life. Lavender who had made her feel important again and like she had something important to share with others be it through knowledge or simple friendship. She alone had awakened Anastasia's desire to assist and help lead, without the pressures behind it. All along she simply aimed to help and it made it a lot easier with Lachesis as a leader because she already had a rather strong bond to share with him.

Really? she laughs, surprised that it was Lavender who had refused to remove herself from their den. The girl that Anastasia had since met seemed eager to see everything and anything, so long as there was fun to be had. That's certainly not the Lavender that I met. Most definitely not! Either way, Lilya and Lachesis had raised two beautiful and intelligent little girls. She couldn't completely guarantee Lilliana but Lav certainly had grown out of her shell. Are you two planning more? It was a bit of a personal question and one that likely hadn't been touched on yet, but Anastasia had always been eager to hang back with the little ones.

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
in the arms of an angel

The fact that Ana couldn’t even believe the child that Lavender had been was proof enough of how much the little girl had grown over the course of her life. Every time she changed, every time she got closer to finding herself, Lilya felt more pride for the eldest of the litter. Aye, she was. She repeated again after Ana stated it wasn’t the one she had met… and then the second question came, and Lilya offered a shy smile. They’d talked about it, decided to give it a few days before they announced to the pack the expectations for the coming spring.

The awkwardness was just who she was… she knew that. We’ve talked ‘bout it… there was a moment last year… Ah was attacked shortly before we figured Ah was pregnant… lost our son… but Ah don’t want that loss ta define us… ya know..? Perhaps Ana was the wrong person to ask about this, but a part of her really did want confirmation from another outside of the close relationship her and Lach had. She knew she missed Laddeus every day, something that would never change just as she was sure Lach did too… but they couldn’t dwell. They also had to move on from it, right?