532 Users Online
Google, Bing, Aven

My legs are weak — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
 @Sven

The Archer girl had been gone overnight, staying with Morganna and her crew after everything that had happened with her redheaded cousin. She was still confused as to why they hadn’t just chased off the loner immediately, after all he didn’t smell anything like a pack wolf and frankly didn’t look it either. Her older cousin had explained that it was because she wanted to send word to Greer first, which hurt her pride a little bit, but what was she to do? She was small and just a child, it wasn’t like she could fight over it. So, she’d simple allowed it to slide past. However, they’d agreed that Adeltra would be able to stay with the Pookastone Scowle pack and keep an eye on everything for Willow Ridge. It seemed like the best option considering their circumstances. She didn’t want the girl being taken again, then it might really be their fault.

After she’d finished up with the dark woman she’d immediately set off as fast as she could back to the Ridge. She’d been gone overnight, something that hadn’t happened since she’d gone missing and the girl wasn’t so stupid as to think her family wouldn’t have noticed. She knew how protective they were over her, especially Ravenna and Sven, so she wanted to let them know what was happening before they freaked out even more than they might have been.

She arrived, huffing and puffing, at the borders. The girl flew over the borders before stopping at a tree a little ways in. She sat down, leaning against the cold bark before letting loose a winded howl calling for her leaders. She wanted to make it quick so she could make it back to make sure everything was going okay.

[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
the devil is & always will

Sven was quick to answer his cousin, glad to hear her voice. He had certainly missed her presence, and wouldn't have thought much if it hadn't been unusual for the girl. Still, she was an aspiring scout, far as he knew; certainly she had her reasons. When he found her, tired and out of breath, he felt more on edge. Was something wrong? What exactly had happened?

"Adeltra," he greeted, trotting to her and then letting his muzzle rove all about her features and flank to ensure that she was uninjured. "What is it? Did something happen to you?"

She smelled of Morganna and her roving pack, and that alone was unsettling. What had his boogeyman of an aunt done to her?

be a gentleman.

backdated to 1/26.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Scouting Dem 1/3

Sven was quick to arrive, sniffing and nudging her all over and she let him. She lifted her muzzle to rub it against his neck and shoulders, both a comfort for herself and her pale cousin. She wanted to wait a moment to see if Ravenna would arrive but she felt confident that Sven would relay anything they talked about. Hopefully she had enough faith in the young Archer that she knew what she was doing that she wouldn’t have much of a complaint.

I’m okay, just a little tired from running here. Sorry I didn’t come back last night, I hope I didn’t worry you too much, she replied, offering a smile of reassurance. We found Revon, Morganna and I that is. She was with a big black and grey yearling, didn’t look anything like you so I’m guessing that it wasn’t the one who took her. He might have an partner, she said, cutting right to the chase.

(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2018, 01:25 AM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer

Adeltra was quick to explain, and allay the worst of Sven's concerns. What he heard wasn't entirely appeasing, however. Yet he was relieved that Revon was safe, for @Greer's sake as well as her own despite their differences.

"She didn't tell you who it was? Had she gone willingly?" he had a ton of questions, and while with Revon being safe it wasn't entirely his concern, he simply needed to able to ensure any pupnappers weren't still slinking about after Spring visited the Ridge.

"Isn't she with you now? I'm sure her parents want her back sooner than later."

Hopefully the poor girl hadn't been injured. Maybe she simply wanted to extend her little adventure? Rather unfair to her parents, perhaps she had gotten a bit of brattiness from her mother.

be a gentleman.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Scouting Dem 2/3

She listened to Sven’s concerns, nodding her head in understanding. We haven’t really talked to her yet. When we got back to Pookastone, weirdest name for a pack every by the way, we just kinda let her go ahead to bed. Figured she was really tired from all the running and stress. She’s been snoozing and recovering, she replied readily. Neither one had wanted to prod the height’s child just yet, Addy because she was sure she was tired and stressed and Morganna because, well, she hadn’t really known what the hell had been going on. She’d been quick to remedy that.

We got the guy that was with her to come with us. Well, Morg did anyways. I guess I’m not really…threatening, she said, her lips puckering in a pout. She was an Archer for crying out loud and the namesake of Elettra and Adele Archer, she should at least be able to make anyone quake in their fur. Right? We’re keeping an eye on him, making sure he doesn’t try to run off with her. I think Morg’s gonna send a scout up to Greer, verify that the guy isn’t with them even though I told her he wasn’t. Didn’t look or smell like a pack wolf, but I’m just a kid. Who knows, she huffed.

(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2018, 01:26 AM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer

Sven listened, gleaning all the information he could from Adeltra's statements. Pookatsone? Yeah, that was weird, but Morganna had always had been drawn to being different. Just as she had chosen to lay claim to a monolith in the middle of barren fields rather than stick to the forest as most wolves would. He supposed it was understandable not to question the girl immediately, and was sure that Adeltra had felt some empathy for her situation and therefore acted more tenderly.

He still felt unclear about how this stranger was being treated and why, whether he was suspect or not, but again, he supposed that was Morganna and Greer's issue for now. Though he would trust Adeltra's intuition. She was young, but nearly a yearling now and she'd already shown maturity beyond her age.

"You know plenty," he encouraged her with a tight smile, "don't let anyone make you doubt your gut. Come, you should rest. You look exhausted."

He had no idea that Adeltra intended to go back, even though she persistently spoke of 'we's.

be a gentleman.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Scouting dem 3/3

The Alpha insisted she stick to her gut and she gave him an appreciative bump with her nose. He’d always been very supportive of her, all of them had really. She was sure any other pack wouldn’t have let a girl as young as herself run around doing the things she did, much less trust her sense of judgement. She’d been been written off because of her age and she never would have learned as much as she had. The young Archer was appreciative of their faith more and more everyday and now she was going to have to test it a little more.

She held back as Sven started to head into the Willows. Her heart longed to follow him, to curl up that night with the rest of the pack but she knew that she needed to be elsewhere. Of course she would return, come hell or high water Adeltra Archer would come back to the Willows because that was where she belonged now and always, but she needed to go and keep an eye on everything with Revon. I can’t, I gotta go back and keep an eye on everything with Revon over at Pookastone. For the Ridge’s sake, she said, pausing to let it sink in. I know I shouldn’t care because obviously Greer and Kyna are wrong, but I just...feel like the Ridge was really wronged because of how they accused us. We’re Archers, we’re proud and we’re lawful and we’ve been here longer than anyone else. I don’t want a family feud to soil our names and create bad blood. I’m gonna make sure that the guy doesn’t run off with Revon in the middle of the night. I’m gonna walk her up the mountain and look in Greer’s eyes as they see her come back to them, at the paws of a Willows wolf, and probably be a little too happy by the looks on their faces, she said, an impish grin curling on the corners of her maw. Then, I’m gonna come back and curl up with you guys in the den and never leave again. But…do you trust me on this? she finished, amber-yellow gaze locking with silver as she waited his reply.

(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2018, 01:26 AM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer

I can't, she spoke, and the words stopped him. His silver eyes cast over his pale shoulder to regard her with surprise. Going back? His stomach sunk immediately at the prospect, but as she continue he could see where her desire stemmed from. It was true that it would be good for the Willow to maintain a paw in this, but the thought of letting a child be that middleman, even if it was Adeltra, was uncomfortable. He also worried for the girl, stuck in between such adult matters, forced to compromise because of the bullshit of adults. He could empathize far too well with how that felt, but at least she had the ability to do something about it, had wolves that trusted her to do the right thing instead of labeling her as bad from the start.

He sighed, turning toward her once more.

"Alright. But be careful, Addy. Morg won't hurt you, but she'll use the fuck out of you. Never doubt that, no matter how much honey she pours on you. I want you back well before the end of the next month. If they take that long to bring Revon home, somethings wrong."

Anyways, come Spring, they would need to focus on themselves.

be a gentleman.
(This post was last modified: Feb 12, 2018, 03:18 AM by Sven.)
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

As Sven turned to look at her she wondered if he would allow it. He looked like he was warring with himself and her heart gave a little squeeze, worried that he might keep her there. She felt like she needed to do this. Running between packs, being the middleman, that seemed to be her calling. The thing that she was the best at, because, well, she really was. For some reason it seemed that other wolves flocked to her and she flocked to them. She loved the interaction, loved seeing all the pieces of something fall together and being the one to help them fall into place. It made her feel important, in the loop, like she was living up to the potential that her namesakes called for her to have. It was a heavy burden to bear but she felt like she was lifting it, even a little and she didn’t have to do it alone. All of her family and friends had a little bit of her weight on them as well which always made it easier.

But, he sighed and her spirits lifted. He insisted she be careful, especially around Morganna which made her frown internally. She’d always had the sense that Sven didn’t have the best relationship with the older woman but his words seemed to prove that even further. She’d keep his words in mind but she knew that she would have to form those opinions for herself. If she were to be a diplomat and a scout she couldn’t let the opinions of others sway her from her path. Still, she gave a nod in agreement. Before the end of next month. I really hope I’m not gone that long, though, she said, her brows dipping in a look of vague sadness. But it wasn’t like she wasn’t within in a long run of the Ridge. If something happened she could reach them and they could reach her.

(This post was last modified: Feb 12, 2018, 03:19 AM by Adeltra.)