(See All?) Announcements
511 Users Online
Google, Bing

Living in the garden of evil — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

Discovery of sub-territory Fern Gully. Image for viewing pleasure: http://oi65.tinypic.com/2in69l.jpg. For @Blitz.
Ravenna Archer really had no need to go out far. Even though the elk the Pack had hunted was finally finished off, the caches were still fresh with moose. There was little healing supplies left, do to both Lorcan and Nicolo's needs though there was also little to choose from in the winter. Revon had been found, Morganna's children had seemingly found their way to their parents to drive wild and Willow Ridge seemed to be having a break from the dramatics, if only for a little while. Still, the silvery coated woman moved towards the west, perhaps to catch one of those Archer-Lyall (named just like herself) pups out and about it maybe to see for herself this 'Pookastone' place her sister had claimed. She sure had a way with founding some weird landscapes didn't she? Then there was the secondary thoughts to which running into Niles or Skoll was also an option. So far, she had been able to completely avoid them, which she was perfectly fine with. Deep down, she would always care for her brothers but that didn't mean she had to like them. Too much bad blood and all. @Greer, to be honest, was really the only brother she cared for and even that had been marred by his untrusting mate and the subordinates which clearly took to her thoughts over his own.

No, she wandered merely without plan, because she could and was able to. With the pack doing well off, the burdens were split much more equally, letting everyone enjoy a break or two from time to time. She was still within the Drooping Willows along the western edges, on the crisp winter morning breeze she could smell the Lagoon off in the distance and from here the sound of trickling water tugged at her attention. With the sun finally lifted to its fullest in the sky for a bright new morning, the woman padded into the direction of the water. Here, hidden away from easy view, laid a Fern Gully. It began from a small creek branching off the Lagoon which turned into a trickling stream as the earth dipped down into the gully, creeping along through the forestry. Underneath the cloak of the willows and along the stream's edges, was a collection of brilliant green Christmas ferns and mosses which seem to glow under the few rays of sun which reach them here. It is a nice change of pace and Ravenna was amazed to see foliage still do alive and green during the winter. Smiling, she decided that this here was a perfect place to relax, offering an image of spring yet to come.

Played by Trix who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Blitz Mizuno

Ravenna was not the only one who was growing curious of the new pack, named Pookastone Scowle, by the lagoon. Ever since the incident in the fields with the Heights wolves, Blitz had grown interested. But not overly so. He kept his trap shut and went about contributing to the Ridge in an efficient a way as possible. He still caught snippets of conversation, even when he tried to keep busy or was just passing by. The daughter Revon, belonging to the lead pair of Aurora Heights, had thankfully been found. And apparently, in this nearby pack, Ravenna had an older sister. One he had not yet met, or knew little about. He gave a slow shake of his dark skull, accompanied by a grumbly sigh. Boy, he really had a lot of catching up to do if he wanted to fully understand the ins and outs which was the complexity of the Archer line.

His brows pinched down and together. But who was he anyways? Just a Mizuno...a sea wolf at heart with no business whatsoever sticking his big nose into personal family affairs. What if he came off as disrespectful or pushy? He didn't want to do that. So he kept his trap shut, out of respect for his silver female friend. By chance, well into his patrol of the western most border of his territory, he stumbled into her path. She wasn't far and had likely headed out this way to deliberately get a closer look at the general area this new pack had settled in.

The smell of fresh water told him he was close to the Lagoon. A place he had frequented before. Some ways up ahead, the sound of the trickling water made his stomach do a little flip flop. Just as quickly it settled, replaced by a feeling of ease. More noticeable was the undergrowth and vegetation, made up of lush emerald ferns and moss. Despite the cold and lingering snow, they thrived beautifully. Such resilience... Perhaps like himself, but more so the Ridge. Moments later the silver fur he recognized belonging to her caught his eye. He wondered what she was doing out here, or if she simply wished to be left in peace. Approaching from the side, using his large form to shove aside the ferns, he let out a soft woof to get her attention.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

Even in the beauty of this little area, surviving even in the middle of winter, wouldn't distract Ravenna enough not to know someone was near. More importantly, that someone was Blitz. Had he been following her trail all this time or had he just so happened upon her now? Ravenna's head lifted from the ferns along the creek bed and her ears perked to his woof. Her attention moved to her left side where he approached from, slipping through the thick foliage of the ferns. He was as tall and dark as ever, the green of the foliage showing off his rare eyes. Or so, she thought them to be. She enjoyed them, as they reminded her of newly sprouted herbs and the coming of spring. Realizing she was staring a moment to long, she shook her head and turned back to the creek side with a smirk. "I've never seen anything like this before. Have you, sea-wolf?" She questioned, wondering what it was like around the ocean of his home. Torbine had an ocean too. She wondered if some day, one day, she might see one for herself.

Inactive No Rank
Blitz Mizuno

Unhurriedly, he moved closer step by step. Snow dusted foliage consisting mostly of ferns brushed against his pelt, leaving the blackness sprinkled with white. His eyes swept from one side to the next, to take in the whole of this secluded little area that Ravenna, and now he as well, happened upon. It was a beautiful place. Just as he swiveled his neck again to glance at her, he caught the tail end of her stare. With a casual flick of his tail, he kept his thoughts to himself. If he ended up dwelling over it later at night, maybe he could convince himself that the silver woman may have been comparing the shade of his eyes to the tapestry of green and nothing else.

Hanging in the air, was a certain scent. One of damp, moist earth mingled with that of pure cleanliness. Half lidding his eyes, he tipped his muzzle slightly, breathing in deep. "It really is something. I can't quite place it but it seems oddly welcoming." Dark brows pinched down while he considered her question. He didn't have long to ponder. Despite not seeing his home in so long, it's very image was forever etched into his memory. "I haven't. My birthplace...Bella Coola...is quite different." He explained with an ever so slight tip of his chin, a glimmer of fondness working into his eyes as he continued. "My family made their home along the coastline. Further inland we also claimed part of the valley from which the great river fed into the ocean." In his minds eye, clear as day, he could see it all. "Our home was open and spacious, particularly along the coast."

(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 03:23 AM by Blitz.)
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

Blitz moved ever closer, taking his time as he came near and the foliage coated in snows dusting his black fur. He took in a deep breath of the land as Ravenna had, the smells here fresh and light. The smell of all the ferns, the flowing of the little creek in the gully. She was content here where green still remained even as the majority of the land around them had died off by winter's harsh touch. It reminded her that soon spring would be upon them, the breeding season would come and followed by it...pups.

Bella Coola was the name of his previous pack and homeland and he told her that his family was set up along the coast which he had told her previously but that they also claimed a portion of the valley which lay more inland. His hom was spacious and open and she wondered now how it compared to his home in Willow Ridge. "Must be very different for you then, living in a forestry. But the Fireweed Rise is just south." She just wanted the sea faring wolf to be comfortable in his new home. Some wolves found the forestry confining and Ravenna felt the same when it came to places like the Ghastly Woods or the Thicket. The Drooping Willows to her was far less cramped and yet still held plenty of privacy and security.

"I know before you told me about you and your sisters... That you were somehow moved here." Still the idea was confusing to her. How they just somehow woke up in a different place, miles and miles from home without knowing anything that happened and why. It was a sad thought. She didn't know what break down she might have endured if such a thing happened to her and she lost Willow Ridge and everyone in it she cared about. "Have you been able to keep up with your siblings?"

Inactive No Rank
Blitz Mizuno

Coming to a standstill by her side, Blitz lowered himself to his haunches to relax and just enjoy the scenery. His lips pursed in thought, his head tilting in a nod. "It is. At first it was...quite challenging." He was pleased to know that the Lore had it's share of open spaces, like the Fireweed Rise she had mentioned. "But it ain't all bad. The Willows are much more to my taste than CedarWood." He added with a trace of a grin. That forest wasn't a bad place to visit every once in a while. But after calling it home...or at least trying to for a short period of time, the Mizuno knew that it would never suit him.

"Yeah...we were. To this day I still can't quite figure out how." He dug back deep into his memory, from the beginning. "I remember running with them along the coast. The three of us...just an ordinary day. Then...nothing." His brow crinkled harshly with confusion. "Next thing I knew, I was awake. But I felt so drowsy...like I came out of deep hibernation. It didn't feel...right." He had to think for a moment more, hence his pause. "It was in that meadow...south of the Ridge. I wasn't alone...I was with a wolf named Kelp. He was a close friend of the family." And to answer her main question. "Eventually. Not long after I tracked down my sister, Niq'x. And then Pip, who I found had been taken in by Grizzly Hollow. My cousin, Nauja and an age mate of mine, Tyne Kersey...they were also here too." He felt a pang in his chest by mentioning his sisters. His ears flattened and he tipped his head down. "They're gone now. Dunno where. I would like to think that they've found their way home. I haven't heard from Nauja or Tyne...I'm not sure if they are even still here."

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You smell the remains of an elk nearby. Enjoy your feast! +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

Blitz would explain to her that settling in the forestry had been challenging at first but that aparently that willows land had been easier on him and better then the Cedarwood. Ravenna assumed it was because the Cedarwood Forest was far more dense, though still it did not compare to that of the Thicket of Secrets or some of the forests beyond the mountain, or so she had been told. The Drooping Willows was the least dense one she knew, with the cluttering of trees and brush providing protection and yet still plenty of room to run freely without the need to dive and dodge root after tree limb after vine. Still, some wolves that were use to the mountains or the open plains or the beach, like this man, might still find it a bit confining.

The pale grey woman listened closely then as the man at her side began speaking on how he had gotten here again, which was mostly a mystery and this time as he had not completely before, went to explaining all who had come along with them. The names he mentioned, quite a group to just happen into these lands out of no where, were no wolf which Ravenna knew, at least not by name.

His ears fell then, along with his head and he went to end the story by saying he had lost contact with them. Likely whilst he was wondering around trying to find home, they were doing the same but otherwise had been separated - again. Perhaps he was right, perhaps some of them had managed to find their way home to Bella Coola. Either way, Blitz was here now with here and at least she was happy with this. "You know, it might be a long shot but, we can always ask around. Ask the Heights wolves of the Scowle. Hell, even the Draw wolves two days to the north might know one of them. They live in the Wildwood." She spoke. If anything, trying couldn't hurt then to not. If he couldn't find his way home maybe he could at least reunite with some of his old pack again. "It's horrible to get so lost like that. To not know how to find home when that's all you really want..." She spoke, a frown taking her expression. Ravenna herself had never gotten physically lost before. Not like Adeltra, Enoki or Isolde, but Ravenna knew the emotional loss of them being gone and how horrible it could scar.

Inactive No Rank
Blitz Mizuno

He breathed out a soft breath, happy to have finally gotten the whole story out. He had been quite the sourpuss when he had first arrived in Relic Lore, and when he had met Ravenna as a pup for the first time, she was hardly the ideal candidate to go telling the tale to. Not that he would have wanted to, back in those days anyways. Back then, he had been all about action and less talk. But pair up the friendship forged between the silver Ridge wolf and fast forward to the present, and here he was, completely open.

"I never considered that. It's not a bad idea. I think, maybe after the weather has warmed later, I will consider making a trip or two." He wasn't setting anything in stone just yet. With spring coming up and the potential of puppies in the pack, he had to set his priorities straight first. As much as he loved his family and wanted to find them, his dedication to the Willows would not waver. He angled his head to the side, to look at her more directly. "It is...it's a feeling I can't describe and I wouldn't wish it on anyone." Then, perhaps surprisingly, a smirk crawled onto his lips. "But there is a silver lining to it..." He shifted so his powerful shoulders rolled. "Had none of this transpired, I would still be living the good life back home. Sheltered, none the wiser to the outside world." His acidic colored eyes lifted up to the treetops, slowly absorbing each and every inch of the vegetation. "This change...it's forced me to wake up. To face the world and everything it might throw at me. And...I think I am a better wolf because of it."

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

The black wolf at her side went on to agree with his idea, that when the days warmed up he would try and visit these other packs a few days out in order to look for his family. A trip meant they would be one member down for four or more days though there was also a possibility he would bring a new member home with him if he found them and they decided to stick together. That or in the very least he would find them and bring some new information from his travel back with him as a happier wolf.

Then he spoke about being lost again though somehow still finding a good point to it. He smirks and a furrowed brow of hers lifts in question is he continued after a moment's pause. He spoke that in being lost he had a chance to explore the world beyond his home along the coast and with it brought about a stronger, wiser wolf. He had not only survived it but conquered it and made the best of it. It was a very optimistic way of thinking and yet Ravenna could only imagine how shattered she would have been, how hard it would be to start over without even pieces to pick up by.

Ravenna had her fair share of 'picking up the pieces' and she had survived it, prevelled through it. "Tragedy does have a way of forcing your paw, to make you grow stronger or it will destroy you. An unavoidable part of life I know all too well..." She takes on a deep breath through her small smirk does not waver as she looks the dark wolf over. "For what it's worth, I'm glad this better version of you decided to stay with me."